Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

RULES FOR THE GAME 9 years 2 weeks ago #254114

• C.Pot.
  • C.Pot.'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 66
Hi all

I would like to start a debate about the rules in this game. I hope we can think together about the subject and express ourselves with respect for eachother.

I haven't seen any rules posted so far (Except swearing on the chat and teamshooting). If there's any please let me know.

I will post here my opinion about some of the usual issues and some posibles solutions.

SNEAKING

Definition:
When you climb higher than 1500 ft. you get invisible in the radar. That way you can get to the enemy base unseen.

Opinion:
I don't see anithing wrong with that. I think it makes the game more interesting. You can allways fly a bit higher so sneakers appear on your radar.

Posible solutions:
Make all players visible in the radar all the time.

It could be great to be invisible to the radar only if you fly really low.

DROPPING

d:
When you drop your bombs your plane gets better speed and turn rate. Some use it to get advantage on bombing missions. They can dogfight slower planes with bomb and can get faster to the enemy base. There, they transform in tanks once brought down.

O:
I think its a respectful strategy. On real air combat there's bombers and fighters to protect those bombers. What do I need a bomb for when I m outnumbered and all I can do is try to keep the enemy away from my base?

S:
2 possible solutions:
1.You can only get a tank if you are brought down before dropping
2. You can choose a role before spawning. Fighter or bomber. The other players can see your option.

SPAWN KILLING

There' a great thread about this subjetct on the forum. I totally agree with what's said there.

A possible solution: creat a small zone around the base. Once you bring down an enemy on this zone, you have to exit and re-enter the zone before you can shoot another one.

INVISIBLE PLANES AND TANKS

Sometimes, caused by a glitch on the game, your plane turns invisible to other players. Not just for a short period (lag), but for the rest of the game. That way you can bomb the enemy and end the game.

Also, if you land as a parachute on the enemy carrier and turn into tank you get invisible.

Opinion:

I think it's wrong because it spoils the fun of the game. There s no sense on playing anymore that way.

I never bombed as an invisible plane but i did land as a tank on carrier a couple of times. I ' ve stoped doing this (before Crazy Patan was banned!) because I though it wasn't fair as long as not all the players know about this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Jasta1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

RULES FOR THE GAME 9 years 2 weeks ago #254116

• MEAN FOKKER
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 814
rules of this game is in introduction of game when you bring up dogfight ty mean Fokker
The following user(s) said Thank You: C.Pot.

RULES FOR THE GAME 9 years 2 weeks ago #254122

• WarEagle!
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • SKREEEEAGH!!!!
  • Thank you received: 869
This topic can be very useful for a lot of ppl who don't already know better.

I, myself had to learn the hard way like many others, as far as dropping, sneaking, and camping goes those arnt rules....yes ppl frawn upon it but we're all here to have fun and if u wanna drop than drop I'm sure someone will dance with u ;) but keep in mind there are many squads who don't allow dropping, sneaking and camping. So be sure to read up one the squads first page if ur interested in joining that particular squad and learn their do's and dont's.

I hope this could help

I'll cya around buddy

Eagle21
Misfit 4 life

RULES FOR THE GAME 9 years 2 weeks ago #254133

• C.Pot.
Where exactly? I have reinstalled the game to see the introduction but I can't find it

RULES FOR THE GAME 9 years 2 weeks ago #254152

• MEAN FOKKER
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
terms rules and regulations

C.Pot. wrote: Where exactly? I have reinstalled the game to see the introduction but I can't find it

RULES FOR THE GAME 9 years 1 week ago #254244

• C.Pot.

MEAN FOKKER wrote: terms rules and regulations

C.Pot. wrote: Where exactly? I have reinstalled the game to see the introduction but I can't find it

Mean, I really don't know where is that information you are speaking of, and I'me sure most player don't either. Can you or Zuperman please post an image, or a video of where we can find it?

Thank you.

RULES FOR THE GAME 9 years 1 week ago #254247

• MEAN FOKKER
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
pm zuperman .....ask him about hacking and using glitches......because if it wasn't bandable I don't think zuperman would have banned him

C.Pot. wrote:

MEAN FOKKER wrote: terms rules and regulations....and I or others wouldn't of went forward and posted it on thread.TY MEAN FOKKER....P.S. IM NOT THE ONE THAT BANNED HIM....DONT THINK IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN SO LONG....BUT IM NOT THE ONE THAT MAKES THE DECISIONS.

Mean, I really don't know where is that information you are speaking of, and I'me sure most player don't either. Can you or Zuperman please post an image, or a video of where we can find it?

Thank you.

RULES FOR THE GAME 9 years 1 week ago #254280

• [NLR] Finn
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Be Obscure Clearly~e.b.white
  • Thank you received: 577
There are TONS of threads about this. Two of the links are listed below.

Try the NLR library first? Dogfight Law:
www.dogfightplay.com/index.php/forum/new...library-dogfight-law

As for the debate you are looking for... try this one started by yours-truly:
www.dogfightplay.com/index.php/forum/2-g...article-on-df-ethics

Last edit: by [NLR] Finn.

RULES FOR THE GAME 9 years 1 week ago #254287

• MEAN FOKKER
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
the debate is talk to administrator or echoboom...there the ones that wrote the rules....its so simple ty mean Fokker

[NLR] Finn wrote: There are TONS of threads about this. Two of the links are listed below.

Try the NLR library first? Dogfight Law:

As for the debate you are looking for... try this one started by yours-truly:
www.dogfightplay.com/index.php/forum/2-g...article-on-df-ethics

RULES FOR THE GAME 9 years 1 week ago #254294

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398

C.Pot. wrote: 2. You can choose a role before spawning. Fighter or bomber. The other players can see your option...

I think that is a great idea. I'm guessing that if zup ever gets around to making heavy bombers he may make the option to change planes at spawning. It would also be great to be able to adjust controls and sensitivity without exiting.

RULES FOR THE GAME 9 years 1 week ago #254297

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
(Thanks Finn!)

I set the Dogfight Law library as an open-source resource. Feel to recommend other threads or posts which should be there.

The "official rules" are linked in it. The links are light blue. ;)

[NLR] McFate wrote:

Links to forum threads regarding Rules, Honor, Strategy and Tactics
(An open source work in progress)

The golden rule of Dogfight:
"Let others have fun and you'll have fun."
From Let people take off (By zuperman)

So much has already been said! I invite everyone to post links and/or short quotes from note-worthy discussion threads. A brief description or introduction and a link would be easiest to attach.

The discussions often start as a complaint about how another pilot plays the game. Some threads go on and on with input from many different players. They usually come to a point where everyone puts in their 2 cents yet people continue to disagree.

Religion and politics are forbidden forum topics because they are full of irreconcilable differences and high emotion. It may be that "Honor" and "tactics" are the religion and politics of Dogfight. Still, new threads critical about how other people fly are as common as ever.

None of these issues are new. One of the first of these discussions on forum record is in post #360 (+3½ years and nearly ¼ million posts ago) by "BEEDEE" . He wrote about what we now call "Dropping" and "Camping" and suggested that Zuperman provide limits on fuel (to prevent long term camping) and to make it so you can not drop your bomb until you are in enemy territory. Although the writer showed strong opinions of how he would like to see the game played, he was entirely constructive with his note to Zup. It was not in the tone of a complaint, in fact he started with: "I request you to kindly consider the following points"

I ask:

If you post about a topic in an effort to improve the game experience, please be constructive. There is about as much chance of determining “THE RIGHT WAY TO PLAY” as there is of everyone agreeing on “THE ONE” correct religion or political view.

Dogfight "Law" links

note: I am recommending these threads not only for the content of their original posts, but also as community discussions on these topics so the reader can check out a variety of opinions held by many different players. In fact, most of these threads are still live and anyone is welcome to continue the conversations.

On Rules or Etiquette:

The official Dogfight (echoboom/zuperman) sanctioned rules:

The "Official Rules"

Privacy Policy and Terms of Use

Note: The following threads were forum community suggestions/creations not Echoboom's official stance.

"official dogfight community laws" (NOT 'official')

Provide content for the forum's "Rules" Tab

In-game rule enforcement

Let people take off (By zuperman)

Official blacklist thread (The official place on the forum to report wrong doing or to petition for the lifting of a ban or mute)

Rules, complaints and etiquette...*sigh*

Kill Range Poll (This thread is case study in misuse of second accounts.)

Why did I kick Pluribus from that game (A case study in game moderator ethics)

On Tactics/strategy/game philosophy

The Dogfight Meta

SB467 DF MAXIM's & MORE

There are no Rules: An Article on DF Ethics

Tips for the lopsided game from MäX

What makes a 'GG' a good game

Outnumbered? =Survival Mode=!!!

Get a tissue!

Head on only? Why?

On dropping in bombing games:

did you forget something?

Complaining about droppers? STFU!

Game etiquette: dropping in BTC

On sneaking:

Why MORAFs Do Camping and sneaking

the punishment sneakers deserve?

1000 is not sneaking

Altitude = Poor form?!

On Camping:

camping

Why MORAFs Do Camping and sneaking

To Camp Or Not To Camp (Act 3 Scene 1)

On Spawnkilling:

Let people take off (By zuperman)

To the Mods: Spawnkilling (Lots of input from many former game moderators)

SPAWN KILLING: The Great Debate

spawnkilling?

FYI Notices

recognizing imposters

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

RULES FOR THE GAME 9 years 1 week ago #254303

• C.Pot.
Yes, I already did that. And I'm sure Zup had his reasons. My question was where can we find those rules you said you saw in the introduction. Can you be more specific, please?

MEAN FOKKER wrote: pm zuperman .....ask him about hacking and using glitches......because if it wasn't bandable I don't think zuperman would have banned him

C.Pot. wrote:

MEAN FOKKER wrote: terms rules and regulations....and I or others wouldn't of went forward and posted it on thread.TY MEAN FOKKER....P.S. IM NOT THE ONE THAT BANNED HIM....DONT THINK IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN SO LONG....BUT IM NOT THE ONE THAT MAKES THE DECISIONS.

Thank you.

RULES FOR THE GAME 9 years 1 week ago #254307

• C.Pot.
Thanks a lot Mc Fate. Tons of good information here! Its not easy to find it on your own in the forum.

I haven t read it all but as far as I can see there is nothing official. We all agree on the big lines and the debate starts case to case. Was that camping? Was it not?

I think even more now that a certain book of basic rules set by zuper could be very usefull.

RULES FOR THE GAME 9 years 1 week ago #254309

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

C.Pot. wrote: Thanks a lot Mc Fate. Tons of good information here! Its not easy to find it on your own in the forum.

I haven t read it all but as far as I can see there is nothing official. We all agree on the big lines and the debate starts case to case. Was that camping? Was it not?

I think even more now that a certain book of basic rules set by zuper could be very usefull.

This is the only "official" part:

The official Dogfight (echoboom/zuperman) sanctioned rules:

The "Official Rules"

Privacy Policy and Terms of Use

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

RULES FOR THE GAME 9 years 1 week ago #254326

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
BTW, being able to walk or tank on the carriers is a temporary glitch. It won't last long. (I hope)

RULES FOR THE GAME 9 years 1 week ago #254330

• MEAN FOKKER
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
no it wasn't about camping it was using glitch ruining games.....
which it states in rules ....and zuperman made the decision....

C.Pot. wrote: Thanks a lot Mc Fate. Tons of good information here! Its not easy to find it on your own in the forum.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.761 seconds