Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Official Dogfight Community Laws 10 years 3 months ago #151477

• Hyperdrive
  • Hyperdrive's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • built from spare body parts of dead combat pilots
  • Thank you received: 298
At YEMX's suggestion i decided to post this as a reference for noobs who perhaps don't know the laws that we fly by. Mods, feel free to amend or edit these laws as you see fit to reflect the general wishes of the community.

Law 1) Tank Spawnkilling is not tolerated. Dont post up at the end of the runway and wait for people to respawn for an easy kill. You wouldn't like it if it happened to you, so don't do it to anyone else. It's one of several offenses you can be banned for, and its also a good way to get yourself targeted by squads for retaliation, so just don't do it.

Law 2) No aerial spawnkilling. As a general rule most pilots will rake the deck as they come in to bomb the base or the carrier. After releasing their bomb however, they will at least let you get airborne before they shoot you, so show them the same respect. Spawnkilling is also another offense that can get you either banned, or marked for retaliation by squads. Again, respect this and it will be returned in kind.

Law 3) Don't camp. Camping is when you circle a spawn point waiting for pilots to respawn so you can get an easy kill. There are varying degrees of camping and its usually situational, so here's a good rule of thumb: if you've dropped your bomb and shot down all enemies over the base try to break off and clear the area. If you start taking fire after disengaging, then its acceptable to turn around and fight as long as you continue your efforts to clear the area after shooting all the enemies down.

Law 4) No excessive teamkilling. For those who dont know this is when you intentionally kill a friendly. Friendly fire does happen for a number of reasons, most commonly when two friendlies are shooting at the same target. When it happens, as soon as you have a second to type, a simple "sorry so-and-so" will usually suffice to let your teammate know it wasn't on purpose.

Law 5) Absolutely NO foul language ingame, on the forum, or in world chat. More people get banned and muted for breaking this law than any other. We're a community here and the oddball slip happens, but if you make a career out of foul language you wont last long. Put yourself in the shoes of the parents who play this game with their kids. They dont want their kids seeing vulgar language, racist remarks, or excessive drug referrences, so if you have an opinion that breaks this rule keep it to yourself.

Law 6) HAVE FUN!!! Its only a game, so anyone not having fun will be sent to remedial fun school run by some characteristically unfun characters.

Follow these basic laws and you'll be fine. Enjoy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SkyDavis, Dr Dave., GreyGhost, YEMX, BlüEMäX, [*M]VonHuLK, [*M]Reckless

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Official Dogfight Community Laws 10 years 3 months ago #151478

• GreyGhost
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7264
As a noob and a vet, ill agree to all thses laws. Just one or few more Laws should be in there. Dont push your religion on to any one else! Some people take offence to it. And always be respectful in world chat, forum and in game. But what do i know! Im just a dead Ghost! :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: YEMX

Official Dogfight Community Laws 10 years 3 months ago #151484

• BlüEMäX
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Chicken & Waffles!!
  • Thank you received: 3085
Who is my probation officer and how much is my restitution?

Is this a 3 strikes and your out kinda deal?

Bribes?

Can I still play DF if I flee to Mexico and change my name to EL MAXIMO!?!?

When is commissary day?

Calls home from the DF pen?

Weights on the rec. yard?

Parole?

Halfway house?

Time served?
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost, YEMX

Official Dogfight Community Laws 10 years 3 months ago #151486

• Hyperdrive
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Lol max your pictures of creepy babies continue to get ever creepier. As for your other questions you'd have to ask the mods about that i just thought a reference for noobs to check would be handy so that if they got muted they couldn't say they didn't know the rules. Maybe I'm wrong but i was just hoping it could be a tool to direct new pilots to before they start their bad behavior.
The following user(s) said Thank You: YEMX, BlüEMäX, [*M]VonHuLK

Official Dogfight Community Laws 10 years 3 months ago #151493

• YEMX
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 3983
Way to go buddy! This how you get the ball rolling! Just know this, when you put yourself out there with your best intentions at hand. You may get some feed back that can sting alittle so try and take it with good stride!

Not all of us have a BlüE MäX to come and save us from the Big Bullies like Davy! Lol

Great work tho!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, Hyperdrive

Last edit: by YEMX.

Official Dogfight Community Laws 10 years 3 months ago #151495

• BlüEMäX
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Chicken & Waffles!!
Law 7) If you get caught breaking laws 1-6.........

1. Yell COPS!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Run for the nearest exit. Window or door. Dive through it.

3. Push a slower kid/adult down on your way out so they get caught first.

4. Hide until the fuzz hauls the person you pushed down off to jail.

5. Return to DF.

6. Call bail bondsman for the guy/gal you got arrested.

7. If Law 7, 1-6 fail, call your parents from jail and ask them to bail you out. Ask nicely and sob a little bit for dramatic effect.

Heheheheheeee
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost, YEMX, Uplandbird

Official Dogfight Community Laws 10 years 3 months ago #151496

• YEMX
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

BlueMaxYoung wrote: Law 7) If you get caught breaking laws 1-6.........

1. Yell COPS!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Return to DF.

7. If Law 7, 1-6 fail, call your parents from jail and ask them to bail you out. Ask nicely and sob a little bit for dramatic effect.

Heheheheheeee

Lol he said Fuzz!! You are old! Bahhhhhahhahahh
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlüEMäX, Uplandbird

Official Dogfight Community Laws 10 years 3 months ago #151497

• BlüEMäX
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Chicken & Waffles!!

BrianC219 wrote:

BlueMaxYoung wrote: Law 7) If you get caught breaking laws 1-6.........

1. Yell COPS!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Return to DF.

Heheheheheeee

Lol he said Fuzz!! You are old! Bahhhhhahhahahh

That's how we do it in Mexico!

Signed,

EL MAXIMO

Official Dogfight Community Laws 10 years 3 months ago #151499

• BlüEMäX
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Chicken & Waffles!!

[WS]HD wrote: Lol max your pictures of creepy babies continue to get ever creepier. As for your other questions you'd have to ask the mods about that i just thought a reference for noobs to check would be handy so that if they got muted they couldn't say they didn't know the rules. Maybe I'm wrong but i was just hoping it could be a tool to direct new pilots to before they start their bad behavior.

I'm just messin. I think they are a very well written set of rules. I was just bustin your chops because I try and stick to everything you wrote up there but I will break 'em from time to time. So I may need a lawyer. Lawdy gimme strenth.

EL MAXIMO

Last edit: by BlüEMäX.

Official Dogfight Community Laws 10 years 3 months ago #151501

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
  • Thank you received: 2818
I just have one thing to say Max

I could care....But I dont
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: YEMX, BlüEMäX

Official Dogfight Community Laws 10 years 3 months ago #151505

• YEMX
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Dr Dave wrote: I just have one thing to say Max

Told yah that feed back can get rough!!!!! Lol

Official Dogfight Community Laws 10 years 3 months ago #151508

• BlüEMäX
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Chicken & Waffles!!

Dr Dave wrote: I just have one thing to say Max

What he meant to say was.

Attachments:

Official Dogfight Community Laws 10 years 3 months ago #151512

• jacklpe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • If you got it, a trucker brought it!
  • Thank you received: 3027
I'm pretty well published regarding my opinions on some of these rules, but I'll offer a little remedial school based on the world as I see it.

This is a war game. The object is to gain air superiority over your enemy and kick his ass. (Oops, broke a rule there...). The most effective way to do this is as a team. You, as a member of the blue team, have an obligation not only to bomb your target (in applicable games), but to also provide cover and support for your teammate as he attempts to do the same. If you bomb and leave, I believe this is selfish, because you are not providing cover for your fellow teammate. You are leaving him to fend for himself. He may not currently have the same ability as you, so for him to act as an effective member of his team, he will often need help. As he progresses, he will be able to do so for his other teammates. If you are the newer player, it is still in my opinion, in your teams best interest for you to assist your other teammates on their way to the mission objective.

Anti "camping" rules only serve to dilute the game so that teamwork and strategy no longer have a place in this game. If your only purpose is to bomb turn and burn, you are only playing for yourself. I don't want to play this way.

As far as air spawn killing goes, the true form of that has been programmed out of the game for a long time. It is still unpleasant not to be able to take off, but there are counter maneuvers and teamwork strategies to overcome these tactics. If you are not smart enough to figure them out, sit there and take your bullets like a man without crying about cheating. The more times you roast beside the runway, the more opportunities you will have to learn how to overcome the situation you are in.

The other "rules" you posted, I will agree with.

Jacklpe

Contact The Jolly Roger at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Official Dogfight Community Laws 10 years 3 months ago #151513

• Hyperdrive
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Jacklpe wrote: I'm pretty well published regarding my opinions on some of these rules, but I'll offer a little remedial school based on the world as I see it.

This is a war game. The object is to gain air superiority over your enemy and kick his ass. (Oops, broke a rule there...). The most effective way to do this is as a team. You, as a member of the blue team, have an obligation not only to bomb your target (in applicable games), but to also provide cover and support for your teammate as he attempts to do the same. If you bomb and leave, I believe this is selfish, because you are not providing cover for your fellow teammate. You are leaving him to fend for himself. He may not currently have the same ability as you, so for him to act as an effective member of his team, he will often need help. As he progresses, he will be able to do so for his other teammates. If you are the newer player, it is still in my opinion, in your teams best interest for you to assist your other teammates on their way to the mission objective.

Anti "camping" rules only serve to dilute the game so that teamwork and strategy no longer have a place in this game. If your only purpose is to bomb turn and burn, you are only playing for yourself. I don't want to play this way.

As far as air spawn killing goes, the true form of that has been programmed out of the game for a long time. It is still unpleasant not to be able to take off, but there are counter maneuvers and teamwork strategies to overcome these tactics. If you are not smart enough to figure them out, sit there and take your bullets like a man without crying about cheating. The more times you roast beside the runway, the more opportunities you will have to learn how to overcome the situation you are in.

The other "rules" you posted, I will agree with.

Jack allow me to clarify: the rule i posted about camping i said was situational. The example i used for simplicity's sake was assuming a 1v1 situation. At no point did i say leave your teammates to fend for themselves. As far as aerial spawn killing is concerned, i consider it sking to come in behind the runway after you've bombed and strafe pilots on the deck unless they've done something to deserve it. I personally dont like killing pilots on the ground. There's no challenge in that. If the bullets were real, you bet i wouldnt let a single plane off the ground. But they arent real and the higher rank you are the easier it is to kill lower ranked players so i say let them get up and fight. Sooner or later your team has to leave the target area anyway and if the enemy follows you back you can't defend your airspace if you used all your ammo.

Jacklpe

Official Dogfight Community Laws 10 years 3 months ago #151514

• Hyperdrive
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Sorry the last paragraph of that was my response jack. So hard to see on a 2 inch screen lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacklpe

Official Dogfight Community Laws 10 years 3 months ago #151517

• jacklpe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • If you got it, a trucker brought it!
  • Thank you received: 3027
I'm not a fan of spawn killing... But I'm not a fan of banning players for it either. It's poor taste, but as there are remedies for it, I don't want it to be "officially" handled by the mods. It's enough to give the offended a taste of their own medicine or something like that.

I consider "camping " to be pretty well bogus, unless it's done against a player in a 7 vs 1 situation or the like. I have gotten myself in a tizzy before and went after every red plane I saw only to find out later that most of their players had left without me noticing... It happens... If you find yourself in a similar situation , yea, it would be a good idea to disengage.

Contact The Jolly Roger at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Official Dogfight Community Laws 10 years 3 months ago #151529

• [e] Science_Dude
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • DONT MESS WITH ME OR ILL USE SCIENCE AGAINST U !
  • Thank you received: 260
I DISAGREE WITH ALL LAWS :evil:

* evil laugh *

* witch's laugh *

* MOM laugh *

* [e]nigma laugh *

* all laws agreed laugh *

* innocent laugh *

* normal laugh *

* plain old laugh *

* LAUGH *

:whistle:

MASTERY BEYOND BELIEF

Official Dogfight Community Laws 10 years 3 months ago #151531

• Hyperdrive
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Jacklpe wrote: I'm not a fan of spawn killing... But I'm not a fan of banning players for it either. It's poor taste, but as there are remedies for it, I don't want it to be "officially" handled by the mods. It's enough to give the offended a taste of their own medicine or something like that.

I consider "camping " to be pretty well bogus, unless it's done against a player in a 7 vs 1 situation or the like. I have gotten myself in a tizzy before and went after every red plane I saw only to find out later that most of their players had left without me noticing... It happens... If you find yourself in a similar situation , yea, it would be a good idea to disengage.

Yea. Sometimes we all get mad at something sooner or later. Im more concerned about habitual offenders that ruin the gameplay. The ones that say things like "im just doing it for points" etc. i guess i just view it differently when certain things are done for a tactical reason, as opposed to just bc they can. Yes it is a wargame. But lets face it even the military has rules of engagement during their wargames so that nobody gets hurt. The pilots who do certain things bc theres nothing to stop them from doing it, well, that drives away some pilots, and i just think that most of us are in relative agreement as to what is and isnt acceptable ingame bc there is that disparity between say a moraf vs say a wing commander. In my earliest days i was almost chased away from the game by those few who played dirty. The thing that kept me was running across players like swop and kestrel, who showed me that not everyone plays dirty. I adjusted my gameplay to reflect that which i saw was acceptable. I still come across some high ranking pilots who play in a way that leaves me wondering why they play that way. Could be they're just bored idk. Regardless i created this thread as more of a guidline for noobs to refer to in the hopes of curtailing some bad behavior. So when you coming to the island?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.765 seconds