Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

Spawnkilling 10 years 3 months ago #154637

• Luke Skystalker
  • Luke Skystalker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 74

To all of you out there who think that an aircraft circling the runway and shooting down planes is spawnkilling, you are wrong. That is NOT spawnkilling. It is cover fire. Someone sitting in plane or tank waiting is technically spawnkilling. However that assumes one's plane is a spawn. This is technically not a game, but rather a war simulator. Game or war simulator, if the esteemed Mr. Grech didn't wish to allow cover fire, he would ban people for it. He already placated the whiners by making it so you cannot be shot down while merely sitting on the runway. Personally, I miss that. Anyhow, I don't whine about being shot on the runway, and to all of you who do, I say if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [BE]_____êå§_____

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Spawnkilling 10 years 3 months ago #154639

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
  • Thank you received: 2818
What's your in game name little feller? Some here will gladly show you how hot the kicthen can get
I could care....But I dont
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|KptnSINGH

Spawnkilling 10 years 3 months ago #154640

• Luke Skystalker

Luke Skystalker

Spawnkilling 10 years 3 months ago #154641

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
Ok Luke just be careful what you wish for. And good luck. You'll need it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, Frank Baracca

Spawnkilling 10 years 3 months ago #154643

• GreyGhost
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7264

Luke Skystalker wrote: To all of you out there who think that an aircraft circling the runway and shooting down planes is spawnkilling, you are wrong. That is NOT spawnkilling. It is cover fire. Someone sitting in plane or tank waiting is technically spawnkilling. However that assumes one's plane is a spawn. This is technically not a game, but rather a war simulator. Game or war simulator, if the esteemed Mr. Grech didn't wish to allow cover fire, he would ban people for it. He already placated the whiners by making it so you cannot be shot down while merely sitting on the runway. Personally, I miss that. Anyhow, I don't whine about being shot on the runway, and to all of you who do, I say if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Dude your freaking crazy! What a total freaking moron! Camping is camping dumb bleep! When out numbered and being camped on is total bs! Means your afraid to play a fair game! Afraid to be shot down and beaten! Thats all campers are, are scared little bleeps! No honor or respect for your self our others! Im sick and tired of you freaking camping bleeps, camping and spawnkilling with out one freaking red around, and you say its cover fire! Cover fire my bleeps punk! I am so freaking tired of this bleep im ready to just do the same bleeping thing that you all do! And watch ill get banned, come back do it all over again! Just to get a perm ban! While your sorry bleeps get away with it! Bleep that! Im done!

PUNK
The following user(s) said Thank You: [DD]Big C

Last edit: by Mr. Serious.

Spawnkilling 10 years 3 months ago #154645

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack
  • Thank you received: 1352

Luke Skystalker wrote: To all of you out there who think that an aircraft circling the runway and shooting down planes is spawnkilling, you are wrong. That is NOT spawnkilling. It is cover fire. Someone sitting in plane or tank waiting is technically spawnkilling. However that assumes one's plane is a spawn. This is technically not a game, but rather a war simulator. Game or war simulator, if the esteemed Mr. Grech didn't wish to allow cover fire, he would ban people for it. He already placated the whiners by making it so you cannot be shot down while merely sitting on the runway. Personally, I miss that. Anyhow, I don't whine about being shot on the runway, and to all of you who do, I say if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

you are correct in what you say. Alot of players will mistaken it for camping for easy points. I get accused of it too....Many know me by now and know why I play the way I do:) have fun and play how you like!!:) try not to "camp" the reds if they are already outnumbered, its not fair to them..try not to spawn kill unless for certain tactical reasons:) definitely no tank spawn killing....i might add that i dont hang around the red base as much but i do stay somewhere around the last hill just before their base...

Gen~~~~~~~~jack
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, [BE]_____êå§_____

Last edit: by Mr. Serious.

Spawnkilling 10 years 3 months ago #154648

• Luke Skystalker

Spawnkilling 10 years 3 months ago #154650

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
Well general they say Birds of a feather flock together so I guess your a good match

Attachments:

Spawnkilling 10 years 3 months ago #154653

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack
Lol!!:)

Gen~~~~~~~~jack

Spawnkilling 10 years 3 months ago #154666

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack

Dr Dave wrote: Well general they say Birds of a feather flock together so I guess your a good match

I'm not sure how you knew!!! It looks just like me too:)

Gen~~~~~~~~jack
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave.

Spawnkilling 10 years 3 months ago #154668

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
Yea, you're right Luke!

It is a war simulator.

So, by that reasoning it would be a valid strategy for someone to hack in, track your Ip address and cut off your internet service. Or better yet someone should offer Joaquin a bribe to downgrade your planes. :dry:

Just what is the point to the game? Are you training for war? Do you think it's best to win at any cost or is it more important to enjoy the game? If you say you want to enjoy it by winning at any cost and that cost includes playing in a way that pisses off more than 1/2 of the players, you've got some real conceit issues. Divorced much? :P

There obviously are some different opinions about what is fair game and what is not. I can even understand the argument of camping or spawn killing when your team's bombers are in view. But if you think it is fair play to camp over the red base and relentlessly spawn kill (shoot them down before they are airborne) when none of your team is near then you are a real asshat.

(asshat: A person whose behavior displays such ignorance/obnoxinousness that you would like to make them wear their own ass as a hat.)

That said, I feel like I've got the skills to handle it but if you go doing that to newer players you will be driving off Mr. Gretch' s customers and making this a pretty hostile place to be. As I understand it this is why the blacklist was created. For people who just don't get it. So when enough players call foul there is a way to handle it.

SHEESH!

Would you intentionally do a loud fart in a restaurant just because it is not against the law? Are you really one of those people?

LOL. I suppose that you are the leader of the Skystalkers. TheGodofGods really fits in with you. :woohoo:

(Note: I don't mean to say that all Skystalkers are asshats.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave., [DD]Big C, Jasonmc, [*M]SnakePlissken, Frank Baracca, knmh

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

Spawnkilling 10 years 3 months ago #154683

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 13215

McFate wrote: Yea, you're right Luke!

It is a war simulator.

So, by that reasoning it would be a valid strategy for someone to hack in, track your Ip address and cut off your internet service. Or better yet someone should offer Joaquin a bribe to downgrade your planes. :dry:

Just what is the point to the game? Are you training for war? Do you think it's best to win at any cost or is it more important to enjoy the game? If you say you want to enjoy it by winning at any cost and that cost includes playing in a way that pisses off more than 1/2 of the players, you've got some real conceit issues. Divorced much? :P

There obviously are some different opinions about what is fair game and what is not. I can even understand the argument of camping or spawn killing when your team's bombers are in view. But if you think it is fair play to camp over the red base and relentlessly spawn kill (shoot them down before they are airborne) when none of your team is near then you are a real asshat. (Google it)

That said, I feel like I've got the skills to handle it but if you go doing that to newer players you will be driving off Mr. Gretch' s customers and making this a pretty hostile place to be. As I understand it this is why the blacklist was created. For people who just don't get it. So when enough players call foul there is a way to handle it.

SHEESH!

Would you intentionally do a loud fart in a restaurant just because it is not against the law? Are you really one of those people?

LOL. I suppose that you are the leader of the Skystalkers. TheGodofGods really fits in with you. :woohoo:

(Note: I don't mean to say that all Skystalkers are asshats.)

DAVY says, you ask "would you intentionally FART in a restaurant" HOW DO YOU THINK I GET AN EMPTY TABLE IN A CROWDED RESTURANT
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] bware, [NLR] McFate, [*M]VonHuLK, Frank Baracca

Spawnkilling 10 years 3 months ago #154684

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866
And that's AFTER he has sat down with his family to eat!
:P
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, [*M]VonHuLK

Spawnkilling 10 years 3 months ago #154701

• Frank Baracca
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In memory of Francesco Baracca Ace of Aces
  • Thank you received: 1443
But when they do it to you, dear Skystalker, you have fun and are happy??

Spawnkilling 10 years 3 months ago #154708

• Luke Skystalker

Yes I am. Adds to the realism of the game. When I started you could be shot down while sitting, just as soon as you spawned in. I took it, and I am still here. There are still plenty of games where I am hard pressed to get off the runway. It is simply part of the game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [BE]_____êå§_____, Mr. Serious

Spawnkilling 10 years 3 months ago #154709

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3991

O yea hes cover firing!!! In a freaking dogfight mission when I'm just spawning into a game, 2 sec later, boom im dead! Before my engines even started. O yea thats cover fire. Who u covering, ur own self? Dude, stop with the excuses and simply say, i like killing defenceless planes because its easy points....

O and btw, spawnkilling is considered a bannable offense. So spawnkill at ur own risk
Retired in the skies of Dogfight.
Raising Hell in the skies of Warthunder
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave., [*M]bhfoust, Gizmo., [*M] bware, Frank Baracca, knmh

Spawnkilling 10 years 3 months ago #154710

• Cricket
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The Mayor
  • Thank you received: 1166

Luke Skystalker wrote: Yes I am. Adds to the realism of the game. When I started you could be shot down while sitting, just as soon as you spawned in. I took it, and I am still here. There are still plenty of games where I am hard pressed to get off the runway. It is simply part of the game.

I mostly agree, it's a part of the game. If I shoot my way through the enemies defenses and make it to their base, popular opinion is I should let them in the air to shoot at me first. Why? Shouldn't the advantage be mine?

On the flipside, if an enemy breaks through to my base, I'll try to time my takeoff just right. I won't whine if he shoots my down while taking off, in my opinion they've earned that right. They have the advantage, like they should.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [BE]_____êå§_____, Mr. Serious, ZebraUp

Last edit: by Cricket.

Spawnkilling 10 years 3 months ago #154711

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3991

Cricket wrote:

Luke Skystalker wrote: Yes I am. Adds to the realism of the game. When I started you could be shot down while sitting, just as soon as you spawned in. I took it, and I am still here. There are still plenty of games where I am hard pressed to get off the runway. It is simply part of the game.

I mostly agree, it's a part of the game. If I shoot my way through the enemies defenses and make it to their base, popular opinion is I should let them in the air to shoot at me first. Why? Shouldn't the advantage be mine?

On the flipside, if an enemy breaks through to my base, I'll try to time my takeoff just right. I won't whine if he shoots my down while taking off, in my opinion they've earned that right. They have the advantage, like they should.

Cricket, thats understandable and i wont whine when a bomber is shooting me down so he can bomb. Thats understood, but spawnkilling over and over and over and over win no bombers insight??? Wheres the strategics, wheres the honor, there is none. It's all for easy kills and points. I spawnkilled when I was new to this game because others did it to me, i thought it was normal. But it wasn't fun... It was for points. The fun is in the battle. I know sky is a hard kill when we fight, but it ruins my respect for him when in the same game when its me against 5-6 and he is camping on me with no bombers around. It's simply not fair.

And as for skystalker having a hard time taking off, it's his rep, everyone knows he spawnkills and they don't want him in the air....
Retired in the skies of Dogfight.
Raising Hell in the skies of Warthunder

Spawnkilling 10 years 3 months ago #154713

• [*M]bhfoust
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Rock'n the tank since 2012
  • Thank you received: 8857
I agree with cricket on one point. If you battle across the map,and make it to the last hill. Shoot everything that moves. Because at this time there will likely be at least two to three reds trying to stop you...for me its hard to find a plane in a bunch of banner and names. So I dont lift my finger from the fire button, 90% of the time I get shot down anyway. Thats the only time I will shoot a plane on take off.

Spawnkilling 10 years 3 months ago #154714

• Luke Skystalker

My thoughts exactly, thanks Cricket :)

Spawnkilling 10 years 3 months ago #154715

• Luke Skystalker

Tkestrel spawnkilling is not bannable, and you are just a whiner.

Spawnkilling 10 years 3 months ago #154716

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Calling someone a whiner for stating his opinion doesn't really help you on your thread.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, Jasonmc

Spawnkilling 10 years 3 months ago #154718

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
I always try to bomb and go... If I'm followed while being shot at ill turn and kill then go.... But if people here think cover fire is ok.... Well young Luke, watch out because the Doctors making house calls from here on out...

Spawnkilling 10 years 3 months ago #154721

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Thank you received: 2736
I only camp to escape. and another. oh and just to make sure, another. . . (period).. . Every darn time I turn to run or leave I get shot in the back... Even by the very people that complain about camping.... every time....never fails

Heck I've been called a camper,,, broke off to leave and the very a'holes that just called me a camper shot me in the back.... More than one of ya.....

Just had a guy complain about a sneaker in a 2 vs 3 (well known player). He was 2 we were 3. We had a sneaker get in and bomb.... I agreed with everything he had to say (well known player).... GUESS WHAT.... the odds changed we was 2 he was 5.... The well known player sneaks in to our base and bombs..... I really don't care, But I had to call him on it.... You complain and then do the very same thing, With worse odds than what you complained about.... I called him on the complaining not the bombing.... And it was his comment that I had to call him out on after he bombed.... The original sneaker had left the game wayyy before the Well known complaining player did his sneak..... Honor, Loyalty, Respect?..... This game is just a little slice of real life....

Hey General, I think that is starting to look alot like me know... :)

Boy, I probably just PO'd some people.... Just shoot me in the back again to get even... I am no better than the dog poo on the sole of your shoe..... But I'm a happy SH&% CYA all later...

Edit: Not quite everyone has shot me in the back... :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [BE]_____êå§_____, Mr. Serious, ZandorHawke, Gizmo., [NLR] McFate, Frank Baracca

Last edit: by Dentinhead.

Spawnkilling 10 years 3 months ago #154722

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
Dent I may get shot by leaving but I still think it's better than camping over a base. For one thing if you camp what happens? When they do get up they drop their bombs to give chase, then what? Your teams coming into a bounce of bombless reds while trying to bomb.... Your NOT doing your team any favors by camping because you can't cover them all and your team is then lead to slaughter by your actions...... Don't forget to say your welcome team mates...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead, suxxor

Spawnkilling 10 years 3 months ago #154724

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I can understand people don't realise I'm trying to leave if I end up twistiing and turning... but to shoot at me for a long run out. That does happen alot.. To complain about campers and then follow someone shooting the whole time at them while they are trying to leave? That happens alot to me. I'm trying to go back land and save points... shooting me in the back takes them away (if you get me in the chute too).. I'm not talking about the new people.... I'm talking about some people that complain....

I'm not angry... I just can't put feeling into my text...

I try to play everybody elses way but it gets so darn confusing.... ;)

Maybe we need a DF NATO..... (I'm not serious)

I'm just going to play, I've gotten no complaints about the way I play... I must be doing something right..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave., [NLR] McFate, [*M]VonHuLK, Frank Baracca

Spawnkilling 10 years 3 months ago #154725

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
Sorry Dent I should have been more clear, My comment wasn't directed at you but more at the conversation in General
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead

Spawnkilling 10 years 3 months ago #154726

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Dr Dave wrote: Sorry Dent I should have been more clear, My comment wasn't directed at you but more at the conversation in General

Didn't need an apology, Not from you :) :P
I don't think if you and I did have an argument it'd get out of control.... Couple of open palm slaps and claw marks with some fat jokes directed at each other n We'd be drinking cheap beer together... ;)

Edit: And as far as clear post's, You have to stick your head in a toilet, Hold for 3 minutes till your faint, pull your head out and then read my post.... Maybe just maybe you could understand what I posted... :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave.

Spawnkilling 10 years 3 months ago #154728

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

dentinhead wrote:

Dr Dave wrote: Sorry Dent I should have been more clear, My comment wasn't directed at you but more at the conversation in General

Didn't need an apology, Not from you :) :P
I don't think if you and I did have an argument it'd get out of control.... Couple of open palm slaps and claw marks with some fat jokes directed at each other n We'd be drinking cheap beer together... ;)

Edit: And as far as clear post's, You have to stick your head in a toilet, Hold for 3 minutes till your faint, pull your head out and then read my post.... Maybe just maybe you could understand what I posted... :)

DENTINHEAD, please keep your advise to yourself, when i put my head in the toilet it overflowed and I had to clean up the mess, also I could not do it for 3 minutes. Gezzzz, what horrible advise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead, Dr Dave.

Spawnkilling 10 years 3 months ago #154729

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
Davy he said put your head in it, NOT put your head in it then flush.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead

Time to create page: 0.626 seconds