Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

What makes a "GG" a good game? 9 years 1 month ago #245594

• [NLR] McFate
  • [NLR] McFate's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
Alright,

Let's hear it. What floats your boat? (or sinks it ) :P

What, in your opinion, is the ideal game? Don't just say the type of game (Btb, ,ctc, btc, zep....)

How long does it last?
How are the sides distributed? (How many reds/blues)
Does it have to be even?
Is it all in the valley of death?
Are people using strategies other than head on shooting?
Is it all high ranks, low ranks, a mix?
Are people chatty or silent?
Is it casual or a real nailbiter?
Does it have to be a win for your team, or is a loss after a good fight just as good?

B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: *EOI* RAPTOR, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP****}, [NLR]DIS*RUPT, nebular

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

What makes a "GG" a good game? 9 years 1 month ago #245598

• nebular
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2034
It is a GG for me any time I'm not at the very bottom of the leader board or my kills reach at least half of my deaths....

and if I don't even make that it is still never a bad game!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, DireWolf{WP****}

What makes a "GG" a good game? 9 years 1 month ago #245599

• DireWolf{WP****}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4958
I guess it depends on the day--sometimes casual and often an intense game is fun. I like chatting with the many great pilots I have met here. Win or lose, I enjoy the company of good people. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, Viper10{WP}, nebular

What makes a "GG" a good game? 9 years 1 month ago #245600

• TXLAWMAN
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Life is tough. It's tougher when you are stupid.
  • Thank you received: 3499

I like some banter. Semi even teams. A valley if death so bloody you gotta sneak! I love getting my tank right next to the hangars and wiping them out! Good times!

RIP CRAZYWOLF
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, Viper10{WP}, nebular

What makes a "GG" a good game? 9 years 1 month ago #245615

• Chopper 15
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • BURN BURN BURN!!!
  • Thank you received: 540
Even number os reds and blues, mostly with High ranked/skilled pilots, and must last, at least, 45 minutes, I don't care too much about my KDR (usually I have a larger number of kills than deaths, but difference is silly)

That and the unfinishing trash talking with other players, that makes a really Good Game for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP****}, nebular

What makes a "GG" a good game? 9 years 1 month ago #245617

• WEREWULF
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 435
I tend to like being outnumbered. My favorite games have been myself versus 7 players. I also like watching rage quitters freak out, and watching newer Pack members tear up the leader boards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP****}, nebular, uberculture

What makes a "GG" a good game? 9 years 1 month ago #245618

• [NLR]DIS*RUPT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Stay Classy Dogfight
  • Thank you received: 754

Great question McFate! I say it alot, but I never really thought about it until you asked.

The game MUST be challenging in some way. Whether its good players or tactics.

I think a GOOD conversation is a big chunk of the fun for me as well. Plenty of good games have been ruined by someone trolling the chat as well.

Even sides doesn't matter, although if its lopsided I prefer to be on the short side (more reds to kill :evil: )

Ending with a good k/d ratio doesn't hurt either ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Viper10{WP}, nebular

What makes a "GG" a good game? 9 years 1 month ago #245621

• [e]hammer_tool
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • ut malleus omnia similis clavum
  • Thank you received: 1285

WEREWOLF {WP} wrote: I tend to like being outnumbered. My favorite games have been myself versus 7 players. I also like watching rage quitters freak out, and watching newer Pack members tear up the leader boards.

I agree, nothing better than holding off 7 players for ages. I once managed to win a bomb the boat, where there were 5-7 reds all the time and not one other blue. It was a really tough scrap but when that boat was done, I was happy for a week.

ut malleus omnia similis clavum
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, [*M]VonHuLK, TXLAWMAN, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Viper10{WP}, nebular

What makes a "GG" a good game? 9 years 1 month ago #245622

• *EOI* RAPTOR
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 5126
Gotta be the players, both sides. The fun for me is the ribbing and having fun with the game for the guys and gals in the game.

I do like to win a dogfight mission, does t happen much these days, or at least be cheering for someone to win.

Im not really a stats kdr player, more of social player. Taps, yem, coop, hulk, those guys are always a blast, same with lowdan, doc, tailzzzzz, Rex. acegirl HB, a ton more. Thats a good game for me.

Flyin and dyin
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, Viper10{WP}, nebular

What makes a "GG" a good game? 9 years 1 month ago #245631

• [M]ad
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3321

[*M]RAPTOR wrote: Gotta be the players, both sides. The fun for me is the ribbing and having fun with the game for the guys and gals in the game.

I do like to win a dogfight mission, does t happen much these days, or at least be cheering for someone to win.

Im not really a stats kdr player, more of social player. Taps, yem, coop, hulk, those guys are always a blast, same with lowdan, doc, tailzzzzz, Rex. acegirl HB, a ton more. Thats a good game for me.

My "gg" will be the ones with tough reds with a good spirit of the game and good sense of humour. Who doesn't like to laugh????
Talking about numbers I like to play 6 vs 2 and I prefer to be on the lop side.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, Viper10{WP}

What makes a "GG" a good game? 9 years 1 month ago #245634

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

The players make the game, period.

All the things you mentioned; even teams, uneven teams, strategy, valley of death slugfest, mix of ranks or all even-ish players..... all those things have at one time or another made for a really good game. I don't much care for silence though and I like it when the players are cutting up at least, discussing strategy, or just saying nice shot when warranted.

I think the best games are the most challenging, win or lose, and the old days of the 1 v 7 definitely had their place.... I have never personally won being that outnumbered but have been on the other side and watched some of the games best repel attack after attack..... it is quite impressive to a middle of the pack player such as myself.

"Bad" players, poor sports, and team killers are also what spoils a game for most of us I would imagine.

The "ideal" game is any bombing mission that is really challenging, with the field shifting back and forth, and eventually won (or lost) using a combination of strategy and good teamwork. It cannot last too long, perhaps an hour tops. I love the strategy surrounding a bombing run.... trying to punch through with a sluggish aircraft and twist and turn your way past enemy tracers to get that warhead on target....

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, TXLAWMAN, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, DireWolf{WP****}

Last edit: by Viper10{WP}.

What makes a "GG" a good game? 9 years 1 month ago #245656

• [*M]VonHuLK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • BOOM Game Over...
  • Thank you received: 21656

[e]hammer_tool wrote:

WEREWOLF {WP} wrote: I tend to like being outnumbered. My favorite games have been myself versus 7 players. I also like watching rage quitters freak out, and watching newer Pack members tear up the leader boards.

I agree, nothing better than holding off 7 players for ages. I once managed to win a bomb the boat, where there were 5-7 reds all the time and not one other blue. It was a really tough scrap but when that boat was done, I was happy for a week.

All of them have the opportunity to good games, as long as the lag or some glitch doesn't mess up the game. I've seen SATAN get shot down by the carrier, sink to the bottom of the lake, get into a tank and finish the carrier off, more than once, I hate to win or lose that way. Ultimately I hope to be outnumbered, and still push the enemy back and win.

ALL IN 100%
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, [NLR] The Blue Fighter

What makes a "GG" a good game? 9 years 1 month ago #245663

• Longrifle
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 876
Crush your enemies
See them driven befre you
Hear the lamentations of the women

I like games that go back and forth and have a shift in numbers. Nothing better than to be down 6-2 with a good partner and hold off the hordes, then see them drop out one by one, and have quality reinforcements arrive to seal the deal.
This Gun's For Hire

The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, [*M]VonHuLK, ZebraUp

What makes a "GG" a good game? 9 years 1 month ago #245664

• [NLR] The Blue Fighter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Nothing is Impossible.
  • Thank you received: 9788
What GG means to me:

1: When you hold the red for long for that last hangar they desperately want and vice-verse when you get the last hangar.
2: If sneakers are there, keeping check on them. Be there when they are not expecting you and you get them.
3: when you are outnumbered.
4. When there are sneakers on both side and they manage to bomb the hangars in spite of check.
5. When both carrier capture bar slide from end to middle and both team doing their best to capture each other. Making desperation high on both side to prove supremacy.
6. When you are after the dropper and behind you, hangar is bombed by red. Lol how can you miss that. (Nice trick by reds.)
7.when you start shooting from middle and get hangar on same run.
8. You are high looking for red and below hangar bombed by that pilot (Wrong Judgement). LOL Acegirl once did it to me.
9. when you are not able to shoot the plane due to excellent maneuver by the pilot and s/he bomb the hangar while you are still shooting at it. (Mostly diving straight from sky to Hangar)
10. when you make the sneaker/camper leave the game.
11. when there is no shooting at all but friendly talk.
12. When you make a bad mouth player to realize his/her mistake without shooting a bullet but saying few encouraging words.
13. When you not loose your temper when other is provoking you.
14. Staying with your team till the end of game.
15. When someone politely leave when other players tell him that he is lagging or not visible.

Meeting such highly decorated/friendly players irrespective of rank/age in any game will make that game special to me which I can say GG.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, [*M]VonHuLK, Acegirl, [NLR] R@HUL

What makes a "GG" a good game? 9 years 1 month ago #245685

• Jasonmc
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 804
One of the best I can remember was even teams, a couple of vets and a couple of newbs on each side. It started head on up the gut and after a while sneaking. Then some dropping by both sides. If I remember mcfate was on my side. Was what I would consider a dirty game but the team where very even so each side was able to compensate. IWe ended up winning. If every game was like that I might play more than one game a month.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate

What makes a "GG" a good game? 9 years 1 month ago #245703

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 13215
For myself and most i talk to all agree that our best games is when we fly with our friends and/or squad mates, it didn't matter if we were balance or not, we were able to change and it was our choice. I hope that choice comes back with the next update as that was the number one feature that attracted us to the game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK

What makes a "GG" a good game? 9 years 1 month ago #245711

• Team Killer.
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • kill them all..
  • Thank you received: 329
I make it easy.

These were ALL good games
I COULD NOT CARE LESS
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK

What makes a "GG" a good game? 9 years 1 month ago #245712

• Gone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 540
I think all games are good because everyone always tries their hardest. But i do tend to enjoy the games that really give you a challenge like when your up against more skilled pilots then yourself that really make you work hard to get past them. Or when you have and entire squad ganging up on you lol think we all been there lol.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, [NLR] R@HUL

What makes a "GG" a good game? 9 years 1 month ago #245870

• [NLR] McFate
  • [NLR] McFate's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
Thanks for a the great responses folks! As for me:

If it is a serious one, I like games that are unpredictable.
I like patrolling for (and catching) sneaks.
I like it when someone breaks things up and does something that makes me think 'Wow, I should have seen that coming!"
I like chasing down droppers and repelling campers. Heck, I even like getting riled up by a spawnkiller and making him rage quit!

It's nice to have a good kdr but I prefer a real challenging game. Uneven can be fun and I prefer to be on the low side but it can also be amazing to watch a great defense run by a few outnumbered reds, fighting tooth and nail with their back against the wall. (I miss Blue Max)

Banter is great when it's respectful. (Complaining and provoking ruins things more than 'poor sportsmanship'.)

I also love casual games. Circus sessions and goofing off have been some of my best memories here. Dodging noobs in a dogfight without shooting back can be a blast! I wish I could get points for 'making' a persuer crash into the bridge. :lol: Exploring the underground, trying to land in impossible places (like on a zeppelin or on top of a building) having ceasefires and sharing tricks....

These are a few of my favorite things. B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, nebular, [NLR] R@HUL

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

What makes a "GG" a good game? 9 years 1 month ago #245872

• [*M]VonHuLK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • BOOM Game Over...
  • Thank you received: 21656

[NLR]*McFate* wrote: Thanks for a the great responses folks! As for me:

If it is a serious one, I like games that are unpredictable.
I like patrolling for (and catching) sneaks.
I like it when someone breaks things up and does something that makes me think 'Wow, I should have seen that coming!"

It's nice to have a good kdr but I prefer a real challenging game. Uneven can be fun and prefer to be on the low side but it can also be amazing to watch a great defense run by a few outnumbered reds, fighting tooth and nail with their back against the wall. (I miss Blue Max)

Banter is great when it's respectful. (Complaining and provoking ruins things more than 'poor sportsmanship'.)

I also love casual games. Circus sessions and goofing off have been some of my best memories here. Dodging noobs in a dogfight without shooting back can be a blast! I wish I could get points for 'making' a persuer crash into the bridge. :lol: Exploring the underground, trying to land in impossible places (like on a zeppelin or an top of a building) having ceasefires and sharing tricks....

These are a few of my favorite things. B)

MaX was the most amazing player I have seen here. His speed and accuracy were second to none. He is missed by many.

ALL IN 100%
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter

What makes a "GG" a good game? 9 years 1 month ago #245876

• CRAZYWOLF
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • CRAZY! ME?
  • Thank you received: 1040
LAG FREE.

Think you're going Crazy? Great! When you get there look me up and I'll show you around.

What makes a "GG" a good game? 9 years 1 month ago #246052

• MEAN FOKKER
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 814
gg is all games.....win or lose always try to have fun until the disappearing acts come in....we have Houdini pilots....lol thanks MEAN FOKKER

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.018 seconds