Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC:

1, 000 is not "sneaking". 9 years 8 months ago #207062

• [NLR]Jacob10000
  • [NLR]Jacob10000's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1711
I'm not sure wh at unit of measure our altimetes use but 1,000 is in range to be seen. If you aren't watching up high then that is not my fault. As a matter of fact I don't believe that flying at any capable altitude is any form of cheating. Why have the airspace if not allowed to use it?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, |111th| John II, KA5EY, [NLR] McFate, [*M]VonHuLK, [*M]Reckless, Rudolf Rednose, ZebraUp, MICHAEL KANE.., [*M] Pagan and 5 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1, 000 is not "sneaking". 9 years 8 months ago #207063

• MICHAEL KANE..
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1336
Nice comment..the airpsace is there..some people tactically use it.why not..for those who hit the ceiling and spend twice as long getting to base on (usually to be shot down or intercepted) before reaching their target usually realises it's not worth it..I don't mind makes the game interesting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, [NLR] McFate, [*M] Pagan, [TFL] muziki1, WB|War hawk1-5

1, 000 is not "sneaking". 9 years 8 months ago #207067

• [NLR] Big*Joe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Meta Gaming 101
  • Thank you received: 592

MICHAEL KANE.. wrote: Nice comment..the airpsace is there..some people tactically use it.why not..for those who hit the ceiling and spend twice as long getting to base on (usually to be shot down or intercepted) before reaching their target usually realises it's not worth it..I don't mind makes the game interesting.

true, sometimes going high or wide is a waist of time.... but sometimes going low up the middle is too. Especially when you make 5 or 6 runs and don't get any bombs off? Then the next run high or wide and BAM you get 2! Some games it just doesn't make any sense to keep going low up the middle after a while.
NewLunarRepublic.spruz.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, EchoSaber, [*M] Pagan, WB|War hawk1-5

1, 000 is not "sneaking". 9 years 8 months ago #207068

• Rudolf Rednose
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 2783
For those that dont like others to give them a chase for their money:

If you don't like others to go around:

Oh no..........that's boring!

For those who complain about 'sneaking high':

Oh no!......That's boring too!

Well,........how about trying thís game?

The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, jacklpe, [NLR] McFate, horriblebreast

Last edit: by Rudolf Rednose.

1, 000 is not "sneaking". 9 years 8 months ago #207069

• [NLR]Jacob10000
  • [NLR]Jacob10000's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1711
Exactly! You can't use the exact same tactics every game, it all depends on the number of people on either side and their skill level. Sometimes the only chance is to sneak wile you teammates hold off the enemy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, [NLR] McFate, [*M]VonHuLK, Rudolf Rednose, [*M] Pagan

1, 000 is not "sneaking". 9 years 8 months ago #207074

• bellsaj
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3094
The altimeter is in meters.
As long as you are seen by radar no one can call you a sneaker. It might be sneaky but you ain't no sneaker.

In eaven games I don't mind a sneaker or two but when outnumbered I don't like it.

One thing I would like is a inactive autokick function in the game. That would make it easier to keep track of who is missing and possibly sneaking his/her way to your base/carrier.
Don´t live life faster then your guardian angel can fly

1, 000 is not "sneaking". 9 years 8 months ago #207077

• Ziza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 419
Thats sneaking... And what if Thats sneaking? ITS NOT A PROBLEM, if you think its not sneaking, well, i dont care, the problem here its: even if thats its sneaking, whats the problem whit that? :silly:
The following user(s) said Thank You: onsekone

1, 000 is not "sneaking". 9 years 8 months ago #207093

• phoenix22
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 174

MICHAEL KANE.. wrote: Nice comment..the airpsace is there..some people tactically use it.why not..for those who hit the ceiling and spend twice as long getting to base on (usually to be shot down or intercepted) before reaching their target usually realises it's not worth it..I don't mind makes the game interesting.

if u do it right,you will never get shot down.
I'm a flaming chicken

1, 000 is not "sneaking". 9 years 8 months ago #207104

• baron rojo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3431

this is legal, it is often not successful strategy, I also lost a lot of time, it is nice to conseguirlo.es a way to get just as válida.esta game was terrible, some moraf left at the end with the 2 bombs falling top wins the game after that went down to moraf been my enemy near the airport encounter.
Attachments:

1, 000 is not "sneaking". 9 years 8 months ago #207122

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398

Jacob10000 wrote: I'm not sure wh at unit of measure our altimetes use but 1,000 is in range to be seen. If you aren't watching up high then that is not my fault. As a matter of fact I don't believe that flying at any capable altitude is any form of cheating. Why have the airspace if not allowed to use it?

OMG!!! Could it be???? Another valid tactic????!!!!! :ohmy:

It can be a great way to patrol and keep an eye on the valley of death. Visibility seems to be about1200 +/- . So by flying at 1000 you are able to see from ground level to 2200m. That's high enough to catch many sneaks.

But here is another concept... get ready.....

WARNING: If you don't want to broaden your horizons you should not read any further!

It's called being a "diversion"...... a D. I .V. E. R. S. I. O. N...... not a C .H .E .A .T. !

By flying on the edge of visibility you can "bait" the reds. :blink: This can be especially effective if you fly off to the East or West. The reds will see you and often pursue, thus leaving the "Valley" open to your inbound bombers. I've been called a cheat while doing this. LOL!!!! It happened just the other day. I was allied in an even game. My team had been on a run and I got shot down first. I respawned and went East, not out of view mind you, ;) My teammates eventually got shot down and had respawned in a group behind me and were starting another run with the reds still back by their own base. I was way out in front and realized that the reds had just been defending against our tanks, so some of them may have dropped, maybe not? Anyway, as the reds came into view (flying up the middle) I was more than ½ way across the map. I did not engage at first, but waited.... "how many will flow me?".... 1-2-3.... "Hmmm... where is the other?...Oh well..." So 3 of them were pursuing a had come quite a ways from the middle. I was watching them by sliding the view over so I keep on my vector. As soon as they began firing I started jinking and dodging. Then suddenly the blues showed up on the map!

What was going through reds minds? :evil: One of them pulled off of me and went back after the blue bombers. That's when I did the unthinkable! :ohmy: I dropped! That's D.R.O.P.P.E.D. not C.H.E.A.T.E.D. Not kill mongering, not stat padding but, playing as a T.E.A.M.

I started turinng and evading , I fired a few at the red who had gone back after the incoming blues but otherwise I did not try to kill the reds. Two blues made it in to bomb. The other got shot down and I think he managed to take out a red sneak. :P

The reds called us cheats and dishonorable. For what? For going up the side while still in view? For dropping while evading 3-1 ? For not trying to shoot defenders so they would not respawn at their base and be in the perfect place to defend against incoming bombers? Or could it be that they just didn't like being outsmarted? :evil:

Bah! :woohoo:

META baby!

Adapt or die!
B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [M]FOX#1, ZebraUp, MICHAEL KANE.., Killer!, Dr CurtisShoe, [NLR] Big*Joe

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

1, 000 is not "sneaking". 9 years 8 months ago #207139

• Mac
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • They Hate me, but They Can't get Enough of me...
  • Thank you received: 1411
Or Fate, perhaps what I did to you yesterday?
McFate and two others were red.
I flew around the edge of the map, talking about Duckwing mountain as if I was sightseeing. 3/4 of the way around, I met Flymagic. Oops. We flew past each other. Then on my radar, I saw him looping around to come at me from behind. I turned and shot him down.
I then flew above the base and began spiraling down, towards the last remaining hangar. They knew I was coming, and McFate rose to meet me. As I came down, 3 blues came over the hill, towards the base.

Now, Fate had to make a choice. Take me on, or assist his blues against the wave of reds on the horizon?

He opted for me, dropping and twisting up around me. As he gunned me down, one of my teammates rolled in and claimed the victory.

I was a DIVERSION. Not a cheater. He knew I was coming. It was purely tactical.

Even if it was "sneaking", there's nothing wrong with it.
You're getting predictable, guys. You can do better, right?
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, ZebraUp

1, 000 is not "sneaking". 9 years 8 months ago #207143

• baron rojo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

damn translator gets what he wants jeje.aver legal.yo McFate is clear that what I do is if I see noticing a pilot (not I search radar) case I fly high that illegal? wanted to say that anything goes, when I see him looking and perfectly understood puedo.te demolition if you met with each amigo.mac tipes after you jajaja.se estratejias is that of a greeting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, ZebraUp

1, 000 is not "sneaking". 9 years 8 months ago #207145

• baron rojo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

maldito traductor pone lo que quiere jeje.aver mcfate claro que es legal.yo lo que hago, es fijarme si nó véo algún piloto (fuera de radar lo busco) acaso volar alto es ilegal? eso queria decir, todo vale, cuando no lo veo lo busco y lo derribo si puedo.te entendi perfectamente amigo.mac te encontraste cón únos típos tras de ti jajaja.se trata de eso de estratejias un saludo.

1, 000 is not "sneaking". 9 years 8 months ago #207146

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Mac wrote: Or Fate, perhaps what I did to you yesterday?
McFate and two others were red.
I flew around the edge of the map, talking about Duckwing mountain as if I was sightseeing. 3/4 of the way around, I met Flymagic. Oops. We flew past each other. Then on my radar, I saw him looping around to come at me from behind. I turned and shot him down.
I then flew above the base and began spiraling down, towards the last remaining hangar. They knew I was coming, and McFate rose to meet me. As I came down, 3 blues came over the hill, towards the base.

Now, Fate had to make a choice. Take me on, or assist his blues against the wave of reds on the horizon?

He opted for me, dropping and twisting up around me. As he gunned me down, one of my teammates rolled in and claimed the victory.

I was a DIVERSION. Not a cheater. He knew I was coming. It was purely tactical.

Even if it was "sneaking", there's nothing wrong with it.

That was a good one, Mac. B)

I had figured that it was a sure thing that the "sneak" would get a hangar and I would have a better chance of getting back to the incoming bombers if I got you first. Unfortunately it took just a bit too long... :oops:

I was watching the chatter between you and Fly Magic. I was figuring you were due to drop in anytime...

Thanks. Even though you guys kicked our butts, that kind of game is so much more "engaging" than the protracted stalemate of a up-the-middle game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mac

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

1, 000 is not "sneaking". 9 years 8 months ago #207164

• suxxor
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 260
I laugh at the numbskulls who are content to go wave after wave up the middle.... don't like tactics, play Candy Crush
<< WIGBOMB >>
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp

1, 000 is not "sneaking". 9 years 8 months ago #207238

• [TFL] muziki1
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 180
Yep. About time we put all this sneaking rubbish to bed. An airfield/carrier has 360 degrees to be defended, so I think that's what we should do...:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rudolf Rednose

1, 000 is not "sneaking". 9 years 8 months ago #207355

• =£= DonFlix
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 161

bellsaj wrote: The altimeter is in meters.
As long as you are seen by radar no one can call you a sneaker. It might be sneaky but you ain't no sneaker.

In eaven games I don't mind a sneaker or two but when outnumbered I don't like it.

One thing I would like is a inactive autokick function in the game. That would make it easier to keep track of who is missing and possibly sneaking his/her way to your base/carrier.

It is easy in a game with only 3 or 4 reds, look which name is missing in the in-game chat. I keep a close eye on the in-game chat and If I notice a red not showing up a couple of times I ask blue if they got eyes on that red, and if not, I autodestroy, drop, and fly high around base. The only hard sneak to defend is the dive from behind your runway. But that sneak takes a lot of time to set up so it is easy to detect the missin red and put defence in place.

What I sometimes do is drop bomb, get alt (3.500) and fly over the middle to the end of the red base, turn and cover teammates. Is the only type of sneak worth while for me.

Last edit: by =£= DonFlix.

1, 000 is not "sneaking". 9 years 8 months ago #207357

• =£= DonFlix
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 161

McFate wrote:

Jacob10000 wrote: I'm not sure wh at unit of measure our altimetes use but 1,000 is in range to be seen. If you aren't watching up high then that is not my fault. As a matter of fact I don't believe that flying at any capable altitude is any form of cheating. Why have the airspace if not allowed to use it?

OMG!!! Could it be???? Another valid tactic????!!!!! :ohmy:

It can be a great way to patrol and keep an eye on the valley of death. Visibility seems to be about1200 +/- . So by flying at 1000 you are able to see from ground level to 2200m. That's high enough to catch many sneaks.

But here is another concept... get ready.....

WARNING: If you don't want to broaden your horizons you should not read any further!

It's called being a "diversion"...... a D. I .V. E. R. S. I. O. N...... not a C .H .E .A .T. !

By flying on the edge of visibility you can "bait" the reds. :blink: This can be especially effective if you fly off to the East or West. The reds will see you and often pursue, thus leaving the "Valley" open to your inbound bombers. I've been called a cheat while doing this. LOL!!!! It happened just the other day. I was allied in an even game. My team had been on a run and I got shot down first. I respawned and went East, not out of view mind you, ;) My teammates eventually got shot down and had respawned in a group behind me and were starting another run with the reds still back by their own base. I was way out in front and realized that the reds had just been defending against our tanks, so some of them may have dropped, maybe not? Anyway, as the reds came into view (flying up the middle) I was more than ½ way across the map. I did not engage at first, but waited.... "how many will flow me?".... 1-2-3.... "Hmmm... where is the other?...Oh well..." So 3 of them were pursuing a had come quite a ways from the middle. I was watching them by sliding the view over so I keep on my vector. As soon as they began firing I started jinking and dodging. Then suddenly the blues showed up on the map!

What was going through reds minds? :evil: One of them pulled off of me and went back after the blue bombers. That's when I did the unthinkable! :ohmy: I dropped! That's D.R.O.P.P.E.D. not C.H.E.A.T.E.D. Not kill mongering, not stat padding but, playing as a T.E.A.M.

I started turinng and evading , I fired a few at the red who had gone back after the incoming blues but otherwise I did not try to kill the reds. Two blues made it in to bomb. The other got shot down and I think he managed to take out a red sneak. :P

The reds called us cheats and dishonorable. For what? For going up the side while still in view? For dropping while evading 3-1 ? For not trying to shoot defenders so they would not respawn at their base and be in the perfect place to defend against incoming bombers? Or could it be that they just didn't like being outsmarted? :evil:

Bah! :woohoo:

META baby!

Adapt or die!
B)

That only works with noobs. Lvl 19's and up will divide (one gets the sneaker, the other takes the valley).

1, 000 is not "sneaking". 9 years 8 months ago #207361

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

=£= DonFlix wrote: That only works with noobs. Lvl 19's and up will divide (one gets the sneaker, the other takes the valley).

Well, maybe.... unless they've really got it out for you. :evil:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.699 seconds