Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

Why did I kick Pluribus from that game 10 years 11 months ago #97789

• Manfred
  • Manfred's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866
Call it abuse of mod power, I don't give a crap.

First game of the weekend. I spawn into an incredible fire fight in Bomb Carrier, reds everywhere. A quick check of who I'm up against, and it's MAS and some mid-levels and noobs against just me, for the moment. Ok, just watch out for MAS and keep jinking and jiving. Time the brakes, off I go, and immediately I get killed! Whoops. Spawn again, in the air, 3 planes bomb my carrier! I pick off one, and now I'm staring down MAS in a head-on. He kills me. Respawn, and he's bombed my carrier. A couple new blues are now with me. Back in the air, chasing, and I get MAS. His tank gets off a shot before I kill him, darn. Kill another two reds, and the skies are clear for the moment.

Another blue spawns in, thank goodness. It's Pluribus. I head toward the other carrier. Then I see, "10% to 100% WTH". Followed by a long barrage of "not worth taking off", "we're going to lose", and associated negatives. Another blue and I go head-on into a new cloud of reds; I kill some and get killed. Respawn, back in the air. Meanwhile, Pluribus is taking up the last slot in the game, sitting on the deck with brakes on, and leaving a steaming trail of whoa-is-me's. Come on man! We can at least hold this game off for as long as possible. I tell him to shut up, It's Manfred (I'm flying incognito), and come join the battle. More moaning. Some blues leave. Additional reds join.

Next cloud of reds is the same result, but I'm holding them off. This is working! Waitaminute, where's MAS? Plur is still sitting on deck spouting we're-gonna-lose and ohh-so-close and you'll-get-it-next-time (that's to reds for getting close to bombing, thanks a lot!). The last (flying) blue leaves, and another red joins!

I really need the possibility of blue help, and while it arguably can look grim in the final throes of the game, Plur has been delivering negatives for a LONG time now and no we have NOT lost yet. More battles. Holding the reds off. I get killed, a lot. Fast respawns, still holding them off.

Plur, I don't care what disabilities or mental disorders you may have, that's your business.** But don't come in a game and bring it down for your team. Sure, freedom of speech and all that, just don't ruin games for others. I don't know why those other blues left, but I'm sure your discouragement didn't help. At one point, I told you to zip it and called you a troll. You just kept on spewing.

Some more battling, and no reds are able to kill our carrier. It would take a miracle for me to get a bomb to their carrier, or even get shot down close enough to tank, without someone delivering the last blow to ours. I am still fighting, Plur is still moping. He should leave the game if he doesn't think it is winnable, instead of discouraging my teammates (and me!). So I kick Plur out of the game, not a ban, basically a forced quit. He can rejoin as a red for all I care, but I will go down fighting. And if I can get a blue and not lose him to Plur's negativity, maybe we can turn this around.

I get killed again as I'm typing out the kick command for Plur, respawn, head back out, but uh-oh a red is above me, and when I turn to look, it's MAS diving down from high altitudes. I manage to kill him close to the carrier, but I only hit his tank twice on the turnaround, and he lets off the final shell that ends the game.

Good game MAS and all the reds! Pluribus, if you are in a team game, please just QUIT the game instead of taking it down with your incessant discouragement. Many of us like a challenge, and many of us learn a lot by fighting to the bitter end. If you have a physical or mental handicap, it's understandable that you don't want to fight. Heck, sometimes I go for a fun hike up Mt. Duckwing because I don't feel like fighting. But NEVER in a team game. In a team game, we just don't need you bringing the game down with non-stop negatives.

Perhaps a mute would have been more appropriate. But without the mod panel working, I couldn't unmute him, and an in-game mute would have had some permanence (for that particular random server). Maybe I should have just left it alone, as other players don't have an ability to kick out a player from a game.

If Joaquin and the mods feel that I have abused my moderator privileges, then I can surrender my mod privileges with no argument. But I feel strongly about this one.

Manfred

EDIT: **The reference to mental or physical disabilities was not meant as an offhand insult. I don't know one way or the other, and my point is that handicaps don't have bearing in these circumstances. We've had folks with disabilities play dogfight, and we support them fully. In this case, we know Pluribus has the capability to have a conversation, play some, and hit the quit button. My point is that instead of spouting constant negativisms, he should just quit a game and move on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bellsaj, [NLR]*XxXxX*, Dentinhead, |111th|Kevy, junkhole61, hansone, [NLR]Jacob10000, Maranatha, Paul Mantz, Jr., ZandorHawke and 22 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Manfred.

Why did I kick Pluribus from that game 10 years 11 months ago #97794

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
  • Thank you received: 2818
Manfred you did the right thing I like the guy when he flys. But when he just sets there IN THE WAY it really takes the fun out of it. If he thinks there's no point then he needs to leave that game so others that can an will help can spawn in. I support your actions in the ban.
I could care....But I dont
The following user(s) said Thank You: bellsaj, ZandorHawke, jacklpe, [*M]bhfoust

Why did I kick Pluribus from that game 10 years 11 months ago #97795

• ZandorHawke
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The second most famous 'Z' in the game!
  • Thank you received: 539
A thank you and a karma and a hug and a kiss (wow...better stop there)...

Love the post...100% spot on! The taking of a spot to do nothing from the start of the game is ridiculous. Then to complain the entire time is sooooo annoying. At a minimum wait for the sky to clear and do an end-around bombing flight. I had a case where he did this so long in a game that his plane drifted on a carrier and caused numerous crashes at spawning. Only to reply "sorry" and move his plane over a bit and then start all over with the complaints! And I loved the Zep game where we are outnumbered but I get the engines. Only then do I see him takeoff!

Sorry...touched a nerve.
http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w502/MOMsquadron/banner_zandorhawke3_zpsa2e87126
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*, Ender, Paul Mantz, Jr., Dr Dave., [*M]bhfoust

Why did I kick Pluribus from that game 10 years 11 months ago #97803

• BlüEMäX
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Chicken & Waffles!!
  • Thank you received: 3085
It's no different than giving any other inactive player the boot. I wish it was a standard addition to the game. Team mates that don't move are auto booted. Poof gone after 4 or 5 min.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bellsaj, Dr Dave., [*M]bhfoust

Why did I kick Pluribus from that game 10 years 11 months ago #97807

• jacklpe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • If you got it, a trucker brought it!
  • Thank you received: 3027
Agree 110%. + 1 karma

Contact The Jolly Roger at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave.

Why did I kick Pluribus from that game 10 years 11 months ago #97826

• junkhole61
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 238
Manfred, you rock. Pluribus' negative commentary and inaction R U I N S. the game, and is the equivalent of team killing or bombing one's own hangars. Thanks for giving him the boot. Karma bump for you.

Why did I kick Pluribus from that game 10 years 11 months ago #97861

• ParrotHead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Growing older, but not up!
  • Thank you received: 3728
Manfred,

Last time I was in-game with him in blue, he started that crap and sat on the runway. After crashing into him trying to defend against closing reds, I spun around and dropped my bomb on him. Teamkilling? Yep! Intentionally sitting on the runway causing crashes is teamkilling too. Sitting and taking up a spot for an actual fighter/bomber is as bad as bombing your own hangars in my opinion.

Last time I saw him sitting on the strip in red, I elected to drop my bomb on him rather than the hangars even after a hard fought battle to get there.

So, pluribus, when you read this and I know you will, know that I will do the same every time I see you. If you're sitting you're my target. Mental problem, disability or whatever your problem is... I don't care. When you sit, it's rude, inconsiderate and just plain wrong. When you spout negative comments it makes it doubly wrong. It shows you for the jerk you are. You ruin my game, I'll do my best to return the favor.
Fuck this place. Second rate hack playing in a yard that's too big for him.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead, Dr Dave., [*M]bhfoust, [*M]SnakePlissken, [*M] bware

Why did I kick Pluribus from that game 10 years 11 months ago #97865

• Jack fighter
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 438
Agree completely, +1k

Why did I kick Pluribus from that game 10 years 11 months ago #97889

• 111th MAS
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115
I couldn't agree more Manfred, you are quite right. I wonder why Pluribus does that?!
And yes, the two of you could easily turn tables on us because if we were one man less we wouldn't have won against you alone or atleast it would have taken us much longer.

YOU CANT RUN FROM THE FALCON

I GOT YOU IN SIGHT

Why did I kick Pluribus from that game 10 years 11 months ago #97890

• jacklpe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • If you got it, a trucker brought it!
  • Thank you received: 3027
He's kind of our very own Tokyo Rose...

Contact The Jolly Roger at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr., *EOI* RAPTOR, GHOSTRIDER1

Why did I kick Pluribus from that game 10 years 11 months ago #97891

• Ronnie Biggs
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Optimist, because there's no use in anything else
  • Thank you received: 1180
Pluribus is hilarious. He's a unique character who throws a bit of harmless entertainment into the mix. Nobody forgets a game when Pluribus is in full flow, urging on his team with positive thoughts (irony alert).

Please leave him alone, for the sake of the rest of us who don't mind not winning.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr.

Last edit: by Ronnie Biggs.

Why did I kick Pluribus from that game 10 years 11 months ago #97894

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
Ronnie no one said he was a bad player but he always just sets there crying when the game gets tuff and he has blocked the runway stopping others from taking off at a important park of the game. He has caused myself and others to loose a game because we couldn't get past him without crashing into him or having ti inch around him. When he joins in he's great but when he just sets he sux.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]bhfoust, [*M] bware

Why did I kick Pluribus from that game 10 years 11 months ago #97896

• [*M]bhfoust
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Rock'n the tank since 2012
  • Thank you received: 8857
I have seen plur in ace mode...more often he sets. plur your a great pilot, so some help sometimes would be great. Manfred I hope other mods will do the same, good call in my books!
The following user(s) said Thank You: *EOI* RAPTOR

Why did I kick Pluribus from that game 10 years 11 months ago #97903

• Ronnie Biggs
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Optimist, because there's no use in anything else
  • Thank you received: 1180
Not convinced. He is one of a kind. Let him be.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr., Whosethisguy

Why did I kick Pluribus from that game 10 years 11 months ago #97905

• BlüEMäX
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Chicken & Waffles!!

Ronnie Biggs wrote: Not convinced. He is one of a kind. Let him be.

While he is one of a kind Ronnie as you say he needs to play or be kicked. The whining and negativity are easily over looked if he would just play and be part of the team. Why even join in a game if you aren't going to play? Game=play. Not just plu. Any inactive players that sit and don't play. He can come to the forum and talk with out jacking up a game. Manfred was right to boot him. Maybe that will get his attention and he will play.

I just switch sides if he is there. He isn't aggravating that way. I've also seen him try and get me to leave a game telling me i was lagging. So I think some of it is strategic. Clever way to get you out of the way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] bware

Last edit: by BlüEMäX.

Why did I kick Pluribus from that game 10 years 11 months ago #97912

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
Ronnie you was just in a game with me and plur he sat on the ground bitching about not being any good when he could have helped me there at the end fend off the 3 of yall. But no he wanted someone to baby him(which I had done most of that game) then when I needed him the most..... There he set..... Did it cost us the game??? I think so. But who knows now? This is why everybody's down on him. I like the guy, I really like him when he's FLYING in blue. But when he's only going to set there and cry then NO I don't like it he's wasteing space for other players that will help. Who knows If the game had went on Allan may have broke 100 kills that game. We may have won ether way he should have ether fought or left the game.

Why did I kick Pluribus from that game 10 years 11 months ago #97919

• hansone
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 326
Agreed ... Plu, either get in the fight or get out, I for one am getting tired of the whining. I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've seen you in the fight. I don't think there are enough hands in all of China to count the number of times you've sat there and spewed "game over" .. "no point" .. blah blah. Unfair ... harsh? Boo ... prove us wrong then.
Just yesterday I entered a game you were in and I think I flamed you once or twice and you threw in the towel and sat and cried. I don't care how outnumbered I am or how bad the situation is, get in and fight dammit. How many of us have had those games where you take off and you look back and see you have one hangar left or 10% on the carrier but fight back and win it?
Grumble...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave., [*M]SnakePlissken, [*M] bware

Why did I kick Pluribus from that game 10 years 11 months ago #97926

• BlüEMäX
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Chicken & Waffles!!
Attachments:

Why did I kick Pluribus from that game 10 years 11 months ago #97929

• Freiherr von Hoter
  • VIRTUTI IN BELLO
  • Thank you received: 23
Have to agree... Like it better when he attacks than when he stares... Im all for the team and had a couple of games where the odds were impossible, but resisted hard to enough to enjoy fresh blue reinforcements turn the game around... Everyone had one of these and boy you love it when it happens!

Why did I kick Pluribus from that game 10 years 11 months ago #97932

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack
  • Thank you received: 1352
I guess I am one of the few players that is not bothered by plurs. way of playing. I do not get discouraged nor depressed or quit playing when pluribus talks in a negative way. I still am the same old positive and happy go lucky person even after I get done playing with pluribus. He has been here since I started way back when. He didn't really bother too many people then. I guess things change.......But hey, I am just one person with an opinion..................

Gen~~~~~~~~jack

Last edit: by Mr. Serious.

Why did I kick Pluribus from that game 10 years 11 months ago #97935

• [*M] bware
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • raised on a moisture farm, moved to a point farm
  • Thank you received: 2173
When the pluribus act is in full effect I will have no prob shooting or bombing him, red or blue -cuz when he plays he's got mad skillz
The following user(s) said Thank You: *EOI* RAPTOR

Why did I kick Pluribus from that game 10 years 11 months ago #97936

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 6460
Let me ask you a question....

If, for instance, you flew with all your friends this afternoon and go to tend your garden.

You lose all mobility from your neck down.
You fall.
You hit your head.
You wake up in intensive care. With no memory and no feeling.
Months later you return. With differences.
It's hard to fly. Stamina is nil. You need to rest.
Life appears to suck. Can I pick my nose again? Can I wipe my butt again? Can I walk again?
You went from active and lively, to a book on the shelf.

Can you maintain your spirit? Your drive, your energy, your "heart"? Some can. Some need support.

Will the "friends" I had accept me for the way I am? Will the new pilots understand? Will they understand that I enjoy just watching THEM as they fly with amazing agility and style. Is that what I looked like? ZIPPITY-DO!

The support was incredible. From ECHOBOOM to everyone here.

I tried. I rested. I couldn't contribute except with words.
Whenever I see PLURIBUS I say "SMILES". Because he makes me smile. He needs our support.

They did accept me, for me.

Yes, this is my story, not PLURIBUS'S.

I chose to make the effort to be positive.
I had support. Much of the support was right here.

I don't condone sitting next to the runway.
SMILES: You know better.

When you get some spare time....read your DF history.
It's all here. You will meet the people and learn so much about our community. It is a supportive, caring mix of us.
Of you.

Use the search: DOGFIGHT NEWS, SLENDERMAN, CALVINISAWESOME, Photoplane (interesting DF experiment),etc.

Explore the off-shoots...

Don't even get me started on you folks that are only looking for kills as others do the bombing. If you are blue, I will do my best too make your time to kill short. MAGIC TIME!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead, Throttle, Vampire Priest, Whosethisguy, ¥M4rtin¥, ParrotHead, [*M]SnakePlissken, FuzzyFlyer 3

Last edit: by Paul Mantz, Jr..

Why did I kick Pluribus from that game 10 years 11 months ago #97939

• *EOI* RAPTOR
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 5126

bware wrote: When the pluribus act is in full effect I will have no prob shooting or bombing him, red or blue -cuz when he plays he's got mad skillz

This is true, I've witnessed it my self! ...?only once though.

I enjoy plur, he stays out of the way and if you have the time to exchange banter with him, you'll find a guy with a high inelegance and a since of humor.

I didn't get him at first, maybe I still don't really. But I do like seeing his tag and name in game.

Flyin and dyin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr. Serious, Paul Mantz, Jr.

Last edit: by *EOI* RAPTOR.

Why did I kick Pluribus from that game 10 years 11 months ago #97940

• ParrotHead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Growing older, but not up!
  • Thank you received: 3728
Paul,

As usual you nailed it with the clip. I may have never typed "ROTF" or "LMAO", but I'm doing it now!

And also, as usual, thanks for the perspective.

EDIT: I just realized the clip is part of your signature. Please post it as part of the thread.... PRICELESS!
Fuck this place. Second rate hack playing in a yard that's too big for him.

Last edit: by ParrotHead.

Why did I kick Pluribus from that game 10 years 11 months ago #97945

• Vampire Priest
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 618
I would post but what's the use..its all been said or done..I'm just gonna hang here for awhile.

Why did I kick Pluribus from that game 10 years 11 months ago #97975

• [M*]JÄCK BÜRTÖN1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i just want my truck back
  • Thank you received: 1018

Paul Mantz, Jr. wrote: Let me ask you a question....

If, for instance, you flew with all your friends this afternoon and go to tend your garden.

You fall.
You hit your head.
Life appears to suck. Can I pick my nose again? Can I wipe my butt again? Can I walk again?

Can you maintain your spirit? Your drive, your energy, your "heart"? Some can. Some need support.

Will the "friends" I had accept me for the way I am? Will the new pilots understand? Will they understand that I enjoy just watching THEM as they fly with amazing agility and style. Is that what I looked like? ZIPPITY-DO!

Whenever I see PLURIBUS I say "SMILES". Because he makes me smile. He needs our support.

It's all here. You will meet the people and learn so much about our community. It is a supportive, caring mix of us.
Of you.

Use the search: DOGFIGHT NEWS, SLENDERMAN, CALVINISAWESOME, Photoplane (interesting DF experiment),etc.

Don't even get me started on you folks that are only looking for kills as others do the bombing. If you are blue, I will do my best too make your time to kill short. MAGIC TIME!

on the floor laughing my ass off!!!! :lol:video priceless he doesnt like being killed by a lesser rank only moraf kinda insulting to anyone thats lesser rank then him. Raptors right i didnt get it at first but now it puts a smile on my face, it is kinda anoying but makes me laugh. We lose, nope :)
someones stolen my truck!!! they left a note.fight and we will give you your truck back.so here i am ready to fight!!!one problem they never said how long.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Whosethisguy

Last edit: by [M*]JÄCK BÜRTÖN1.

Why did I kick Pluribus from that game 10 years 11 months ago #97976

• bopes
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1481
The following user(s) said Thank You: ¥M4rtin¥, ParrotHead

Why did I kick Pluribus from that game 10 years 11 months ago #97981

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Thank you received: 2736

bopes wrote:

possibly the best movie ever made......

I'm glad I don't have Manfred's MOD control's. I'd have done the same to Plur a few time's...

BUT... I like Pluribus Muchly....He's a good guy....

I remember his old Picnic day's.....

Paul... I like you no matter what condition you are in.......But......I WILL NOT WIPE YOUR BUTT.... :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ¥M4rtin¥

Why did I kick Pluribus from that game 10 years 11 months ago #97985

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
Here's the thing Paul and all else that likes his wasting space routine. Monday I fell down the stairs and cracked my shoulder blade it's very hard to chase or even fight but as many have seen in last few days ill do it. Even when out numbered 5 to 1 like today it was 4 to 2 me and plur him setting crying myself fighting was holding my own for awhile but with him staying in game there was no help coming. I asked him to leave he said no so no help coming I asked why? He said no hope, so no help coming. Ill give him credit for flying in 1st part of game, he'll he bombed 3-4 hangers then parked it. No help. As I said I like him just fine till he parks and starts bitching then,,, not so much.

Why did I kick Pluribus from that game 10 years 11 months ago #97988

• [e]Sputnik
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Mt. Everest is my home.
  • Thank you received: 863
:) :) :)

jack burton wrote:

Paul Mantz, Jr. wrote: Let me ask you a question....

You fall.
You hit your head.

Of you.

on the floor laughing my ass off!!!! :lol:video priceless he doesnt like being killed by a lesser rank only moraf kinda insulting to anyone thats lesser rank then him. Raptors right i didnt get it at first but now it puts a smile on my face, it is kinda anoying but makes me laugh. We lose, nope :)

Say you'll never let me go...
A wise sput once said "you laugh at my skills I laugh at your bank account"

Time to create page: 0.557 seconds