Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 5 months ago #143256

• zuperman
  • zuperman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142
Hi there,

After a few weeks of non-stop programming and releasing 4.4.41, I'm taking a break until mid december from developing new features on Dogfight.

I have a list of things that I would like to add, but I'm curious as to what you guys think it should be there.

Throw me your "want Dogfight list", anything, as crazy as you want, the only requirement is that it has to be sincere and realistic (don't ask me for x-wings on a WWI game!). Just spill the beans here and let see what ideas get more traction and what I could do about it.

My number #1 and #2 on the list you already know: squadron wars and airplane customization.

=== EDIT ==
Ok, i've read them all so far and began creating a list. Lot of cool ideas and some can be done some cannot. It depends on the time and $ I need for it all.

Bugs that are repeatedly mentioned, that I know about and that will be fixed:
Spawn crashes and imbalanced games.

Bug mentioned a lot that I believe was fixed last week:
Ghosting on windows 8 and windows phone. If you still see ghosting, let me know, I haven’t for over a week. It was a pain to fix this one.

List so far of potential new additions (up to page #3):
Blue Max Young, tKestrel: Add Fokker DVII and upgrade the tri planes, or add purchasable upgrades for all other planes.
tKestrel: mission protecting wwi bombers. A figure in cockpit. Own custom squad insignia.
Worcester Sauce: control guns on carriers. Maybe control the zep.
Manfred: make graphics options more detailed so that we can adjust it better.
Madtothebone1: darker water/greenish brown with reflections.
2storm2: all I want for Christmas is to fix ghosting = Santa already fixed it, isn’t it?
Whosethisguy: a MORAF paint job on the allied side. Finish the moderator panels.
Kevy: bomb the base games allow for carriers take off (maybe new type of mission)
General Jackson: anti aircraft guns controlled by soldiers.
Dixieconfederate: don’t leave the carriers so defenseless.
Big tex: playable two seaters and redesign the tanks for WWI. Add the option to switch planes after you respawn.
Frank Baracca: some way to see the chat after a game has ended. Move the bomb view on the right so that it doesn’t cover the chat area.
Vonkopp: zep games should be 2, one for each side.
McFate: some missions ideas like capture the flag, capture airfield, etc.
Davy Crockett: a couple of UFOs fl.. wait, it’s Davy.
CalvinIsAwesome: some kind of prisoners mission.
Madtothebone1: video capture
Slenderman: more planes and upgrade options to spend the gold coins in.
Big Tex: team chat and practice rooms for noobies.
[ws]hd: option to get out of plane and walk around
J4ff: gain points for sitting on carrier. Team Dogfight.
Gizmo541: lights on the trees for Christmas
Cricket: a clock that shows up how long the round lasted. Radar towers to limit radar range.
JohnII: option to adjust sensitivity for each: plane, person and tank. Destroy convoy mission.
Stuart: he wrote a phd thesis. Page #2
Davy Corckett: I just want a couple of UFOs… wait, davy again.
ZandorHawke: when planes crash, both should crash. When it crashes on parachute, bring down the parachute too.
Wigbomb: a balloon busting mission. Terrain variations.
McFate: mission to check off certain way points, land at places and destroy certain targets.
Longrifle: overheat the guns to prevent long bursts.
Avma: put a server indicator so you know which zone you are in to be able to reconnect
This is it so far, up to page #3, keep them coming!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*, Sir Wumper, Dark Knight, Dr Dave., yakuza, GreyGhost, Whosethisguy, |111th| John II, [*M]TBUILT, YEMX and 13 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by zuperman.

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 5 months ago #143259

• BlüEMäX
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Chicken & Waffles!!
  • Thank you received: 3085
Fokker DVII added as the top German fighter.

Upgrade on the performance of the Baron Tri Plane. Or added purchasable upgrades for all other planes. Speed/maneuverability.

Thanks for asking for our input.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 5 months ago #143260

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3991

zuperman wrote: Hi there,

After a few weeks of non-stop programming and releasing 4.4.41, I'm taking a break until mid december from developing new features on Dogfight.

I have a list of things that I would like to add, but I'm curious as to what you guys think it should be there.

Throw me your "want Dogfight list", anything, as crazy as you want, the only requirement is that it has to be sincere and realistic (don't ask me for x-wings on a WWI game!). Just spill the beans here and let see what ideas get more traction and what I could do about it.

My number #1 and #2 on the list you already know: squadron wars and airplane customization.

My Christmas wish list is

1. A rudder control surface, I've even worked out the bugs of the jerking when u let off the rudder. Not programmed but i got ideas.
2. Either more engines on zep, or auto aiming guns or flak to give zep some defence....
3. Can we have more planes like the Fokker D7 and sopwith tripe.
4. Can we have a mission with protecting real ww1 bombers, similar to zep, shoot its engines, then the planes, and to make that part fair, we would need like 3-4 bombers so it cant be downed really fast (like the plane in the practice mission)
5. A figure or person in the cockpit. This is just an idea, but my OCD drives me crazy when i c ww1 drones flying around lol
6. Also, can we make the planes act more like its real counter parts. My biggest problem is like the Dr1 had an exceptional climb and turn rate with a slack in speed at only 98 mph i believe, but the Dr1 could out climb the se5a easily and in the game, the Dr1 is just about defenseless.
7. Last one :). A way to make our own squad insignias to the plane or a way to color the plane so it sticks out, because the striped pattern is getting rather accustom now with so many morals out there, my idea is we could either buy the paint with Xp, real money, or earn it like we did for the moraf planes :)
Retired in the skies of Dogfight.
Raising Hell in the skies of Warthunder
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost, darraxx, [M] Skystone

Last edit: by tKestrel old.

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 5 months ago #143261

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
  • Thank you received: 2818
What would y'all say to adding a choice between bombs or torpedoes in a bomb the carrier game?
I could care....But I dont
The following user(s) said Thank You: --J--, GreyGhost, Whosethisguy, Gizmo., [*M] bware, [M] Skystone

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 5 months ago #143264

• Worcester_Sauce
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • |111th|WorcSauce
  • Thank you received: 208
I was hoping you could add some more WW1 things:
  • Perhaps an option to use tanks and infantry along with planes. Full ground battles as well as air.
  • WW1 Bombers. Maybe an option to control the zep?
  • Control guns on the carriers?

Sorry to be a bit demanding. You asked for it! ;)

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|tSwopCaml, Shatners Bassoon

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 5 months ago #143275

• [*M]ONSTER CANNON
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 9167
Years ago I played a game called Air Warrior. To me, some of the things which made that a great PC, multiplayer game was the option of flying bombers in addition to fighter planes. One could choose to be part of the bomber squad in such positions as pilot, bombardier, or any one of several machine gun hubs...not sure what that are called. I think that would be a nice addition.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Big Tex, --J--

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 5 months ago #143284

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866
This may sound like I'm bashing the game for bugs and performance, but that's not my intention! My enjoyment would increase 10x if the screen would not slow down when there is water, buildings, trees, tanks, or multiple airplanes in view.

I think the automatic graphics adjustment you have now is good, but sometimes it seems to make the wrong decision. Can you make the graphics options more detailed, so that we can choose specific objects or details to omit? Trees, different degrees of water, and certain optional buildings. Maybe use the auto-sensing function to populate the check boxes, but from there we could un-check additional items if the graphics are still pausing.

This is probably wrong technically, but it's how I think about it. While the processor is constant (and the auto algorithm should work for all states), background programs can start running harder and take up processor bandwidth, making the auto-adjustments incorrect. I understand that this is not related to network connection, just the device's data and graphics processing.

Oh, and is there any way to keep us in a game but allow us to go into settings and change graphics check boxes? This might also reduce open-ended complaints, if there is something that people can tweak and solve themselves.

Manfred
The following user(s) said Thank You: Whosethisguy

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 5 months ago #143285

• MaD!
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 915
One thing that I think would be a nice addition would be darker water colour (greenish brown as per real) and if possible to have the aircraft reflection when low level over water. That would be a beautiful addition.

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 5 months ago #143286

• 2Storm2
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The Storm of the Skies!
  • Thank you received: 181
Zup, all I want for Christmas is to fix ghosting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: suxxor, [*M]VonHuLK, Colossae3.23

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 5 months ago #143287

• Whosethisguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Pratt & Whitney Piston Lover!
  • Thank you received: 1771
Please, DONT ADD RUDDER CONTROL!! Every game ive ever played with rudder control outside of MS Flight Sim has been garbage!

Nothing that increases processor load, please.

Id like to see a MORAF paint job on the Allied side.

Dr Dave, torpedo choice is a great idea since other aspects of the game are a bit WW2, i say great idea.

The Zep should go South bound sometimes. Perhaps there could also be a naval Zep schenario where it is trying to bomb the ship.

Eliminating ghosting, solving forum account creation problems, and giving moderators and the blacklist thread their teeth back are top priorities to me.

Thanks for asking Zup!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave., yakuza, [*M] bware

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 5 months ago #143292

• |111th|Kevy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1028
In Bomb the base games have the planes take off from the carriers. It will increase the importance of staying alive. It will probably shorten the games but the strategies would constantly be changing as to where your carriers are at that time in battle. It will make it difficult to defend your base at times but also make attacking and bombing more logical at the same time. With the hangers being harder to hit it gives you a chance and makes tanking more inviting. It would also split up the action and open up the middle.
The following user(s) said Thank You: --J--, Whosethisguy, [*M]VonHuLK

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 5 months ago #143294

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack
  • Thank you received: 1352
Anti aircraft guns at both bases. The soldier can control them:))

Gen~~~~~~~~jack
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|tSwopCaml, Whosethisguy, [*M] bware

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 5 months ago #143297

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Whosethisguy wrote: Please, DONT ADD RUDDER CONTROL!! Every game ive ever played with rudder control outside of MS Flight Sim has been garbage!

Nothing that increases processor load, please.

Id like to see a MORAF paint job on the Allied side.

Dr Dave, torpedo choice is a great idea since other aspects of the game are a bit WW2, i say great idea.

The Zep should go South bound sometimes. Perhaps there could also be a naval Zep schenario where it is trying to bomb the ship.

Eliminating ghosting, solving forum account creation problems, and giving moderators and the blacklist thread their teeth back are top priorities to me.

Thanks for asking Zup!

Since rudders happen to be a 50/50 love/hate thing, if u do add it. Is there a way to make the rudder where u can turn it on and off in settings ? So the ones that dont like it can turn it off and the ones that like it can have it. Is that even possible? If not then scratch the rudder idea

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 5 months ago #143319

• yose[M]ite
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 802
If custom paint jobs are added then having that moraf plane wouldn't mean much so to keep morafness sacred their should be 2 planes that only morafs can use. A german one and an allied one.

Why is the carrier so defenseless? There should be other boats around it to. Like a destroyer and other boats we could bomb too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|tSwopCaml, darraxx, [M] Skystone

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 5 months ago #143322

• Dark Knight
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • You may not know it, but my pilot's a Dog, War Dog
  • Thank you received: 210
Well I would add rudder control and have a way so that you can control flack guns at either base plus some tank shelters at the village and all the others said:-)

Ready to Die? Good

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 5 months ago #143327

• Big Tex
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Y'all come by for some BBQ...
  • Thank you received: 898

[M] Mike cann wrote: Years ago I played a game called Air Warrior. To me, some of the things which made that a great PC, multiplayer game was the option of flying bombers in addition to fighter planes. One could choose to be part of the bomber squad in such positions as pilot, bombardier, or any one of several machine gun hubs...not sure what that are called. I think that would be a nice addition.

I also play this game and it was fantastic. If we can find some way to have one player be the pilot and the other player be the gunner I think that would be a great idea any fun new twist to dogfight.

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 5 months ago #143330

• Big Tex
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Y'all come by for some BBQ...
  • Thank you received: 898
I would like to see playable two seaters added to the game, and redesign the tanks to be modeled on the ones from WW1. They would function the same way the tanks do now -have the same speeds, damage, firepower, etc., but look like their world war 1 counterparts.

maybe add trenches too?

Lastly I would like to add the ability to switch planes after you respawn.. Sometimes when I am playing with less experienced players it would be nice to be able to get a lower performing plane to make the game more fun for them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: --J--, Whosethisguy, suxxor

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 5 months ago #143339

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Big Tex wrote: I would like to see playable two seaters added to the game, and redesign the tanks to be modeled on the ones from WW1. They would function the same way the tanks do now -have the same speeds, damage, firepower, etc., but look like their world war 1 counterparts.

maybe add trenches too?

Lastly I would like to add the ability to switch planes after you respawn.. Sometimes when I am playing with less experienced players it would be nice to be able to get a lower performing plane to make the game more fun for them.

I agree with tex on the switching planes option like after u get shot have choices, walk / plane / switch planes.
And for the two seaters, have the option like in rise of flight to choose to be a backseater and that would help with the switch planes idea after getting shot down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Big Tex, Whosethisguy

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 5 months ago #143343

• |111th|KptnSINGH
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Top dolllar paid for ur rusty wings
  • Thank you received: 705

This

this is how i fly !!! :)

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 5 months ago #143345

• Whiplash
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Been Doomed since 1990!
  • Thank you received: 3010

I would love:

- Anti aircraft turrets mounted near bases or carrier that you could get to in soldier. Tanks or bombs could destroy them

- Chute gun less powerful than plane's gun

- A tank only round or day where you play all possible missions as only tank.

- More objects or obstacles to hide behind and go through to evade other planes

- a sound that plays when you enter like a whip cracking :whistle:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3Aj5cS2yr1O2fenK2
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gizmo., [*M] bware

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 5 months ago #143354

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
  • Thank you received: 2818

SnidleyWhiplash wrote: when you enter like a whip cracking :whistle:

Wow ol Snidleys getting all kinky on us. :whistle:
I could care....But I dont

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 5 months ago #143356

• [*M] bware
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • raised on a moisture farm, moved to a point farm
  • Thank you received: 2173
Remove the "landed in enemy territory" that sends you back home in BTB.

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 5 months ago #143359

• [*M] bware
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Add some buildings we could barnstorm
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave., GreyGhost

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 5 months ago #143361

• Frank Baracca
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In memory of Francesco Baracca Ace of Aces
  • Thank you received: 1443
Would be nice if, at the end of each battle make sure to remove the summary screen and continue to chat to exchange more comments (often-level steps take place after the game and the various comments are covered), also move the view of the bomb on the right (so where is it always covers the chat areas).
Not more crashes at respawn.
Thank you for everything!
Bye.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gizmo., [*M] bware, [*M]VonHuLK

Last edit: by Frank Baracca.

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 5 months ago #143364

• Heff006
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 219

Big Tex wrote: I would like to see playable two seaters added to the game, and redesign the tanks to be modeled on the ones from WW1. They would function the same way the tanks do now -have the same speeds, damage, firepower, etc., but look like their world war 1 counterparts.

maybe add trenches too?

i lie the trench idea, gives the sniper some cover than the nothing now!

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 5 months ago #143365

• [*M] bware
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Frank Baracca wrote: Would be nice if, at the end of each battle make sure to remove the summary screen and continue to chat to exchange more comments (often-level steps take place after the game and the various comments are covered), also move the view of the bomb on the left (so where is he always covers the chat areas).
Not more crashes at respawn.
Thank you for everything!
Bye.

+1

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 5 months ago #143381

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

What about a new mission, defend the village. :)

And have a tunnel somewhere on the map u can fly through for Circus flying.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 5 months ago #143397

• [DD]Big C
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Molon Labe
  • Thank you received: 590
This is basically a compiling and modification of ideas to hopefully make them work better-

Machine guns controllable by players at the bases and on the zep. You can still shoot the people, but they don't have to worry about flying and it's like controlling a soldier

Bombers- maybe one person flying and dropping bombs with it, and another person as the gunner, also with fighters protecting it

Custom paint jobs, but only for morafs, so the rank still has the prestige

Actual ww1 tanks, with machine guns(on the sides) and a main gun, that way they can protect themselves against aircraft and more realistic
"Age is an issue of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter" -Mark Twain
The following user(s) said Thank You: suxxor, Unknown

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 5 months ago #143401

• [*M]VonHuLK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • BOOM Game Over...
  • Thank you received: 21656
In zep games, there should be 2 zeps. One leaving from each base, passing in the middle. This would make zep games interesting, change color of one of them ( so no one gets confused ). This would change the whole dynamic of the game. Defend? Attack? BOTH.

ALL IN 100%
The following user(s) said Thank You: --J--, GreyGhost, [NLR] McFate, Frank Baracca

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 5 months ago #143415

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
Be able to choose chute, or tank at any time.

Add small runways and supply depots in some of the more remote areas of the map. Lots of game variations could come from this:
A capture the airfield sort of game.
A capture the flag type game. You could have to "pick up" intelligence from spies and return it safely to your main base.

Have a dogfight with a survival mode with a limited number of respawns. (10?) This could also be a team dogfight red vs blue. (It might be necessary to give 10seconds of immunity to prevent spawn camping.

Make some of the buildings able to provide cover for soldiers and tanks.

If there were anti aircraft guns at bases make a bomb-able ammo bunker.

Have a ground vs air bomb the base.

Thanks for asking, Zup! :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [DD]Big C

Time to create page: 0.763 seconds