Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 4 months ago #149105

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
  • Thank you received: 2818
Please change the Water back like you had it. You can't tell how close you are till you hit it......
I could care....But I dont
The following user(s) said Thank You: tKestrel old, BlüEMäX, [M]FOX#1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 4 months ago #149121

• Heff006
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 219
Put the name of server on screen so if connection is lost you know which one to go back to!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]ONSTER CANNON, mach2

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 4 months ago #149239

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836
The ability to use the old water because this new water even with lowest graphic settings causes frame rate to drop badly. Since this is WW1 add some ballistics to the gun rounds and limit there rang. WW1 was the war of up close dogfighting. People shooting people down when they are both on the other side of the map defeats the purpose of the word dogfight. Its also annoying when you shoot some one down and you have flow miles away from them and then they bag you when they are in a parachute. In short reduce the gun range to make it more realistic but keep the target visibility to what it already is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mach2

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 4 months ago #149274

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
  • Thank you received: 2818
I still think cheer leaders are a good idea....
I could care....But I dont

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 4 months ago #149277

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3991

I think i asked for this already but cant remember. Can we have a figure in our planes :) i just think it would be better than a plane that flies itself
Retired in the skies of Dogfight.
Raising Hell in the skies of Warthunder

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 4 months ago #149281

• daveman94
  • Thank you received: 21
Make time limints in the game

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 4 months ago #149282

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad

daveman94 wrote: Make time limints in the game

No lets not. Those 2 hour games can be fun. Maybe a a team dogfight game with a time limit on it. At the end of the time the team with the most kills wins. That would be great but lets not add time limits to the bomb the hanger and carrier games.

A sep that takes 10,000 more rounds to kill it would be nice Don't know how many times I have gone and protected a zeplen all the way to the germans door step with out it taking one nick of damage and get shot down or run out of ammo just as it gets with in less than a half mile from the german base to watch them kill it in a few passes. In show the zep is to easy to kill. Just kill plane till it is on your door step then shoot engine and sit behind it shooting. All it takes is one guy against 5 others in the zep game to win a destroy the zep.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 4 months ago #149286

• [*M]VonHuLK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • BOOM Game Over...
  • Thank you received: 21656

tKestrel wrote: I think i asked for this already but cant remember. Can we have a figure in our planes :) i just think it would be better than a plane that flies itself

I believe Kes is just asking for a little head, just to stick out of the plane. Maybe a little helmet, and some goggles. I think a little head would be cool.

ALL IN 100%
The following user(s) said Thank You: tKestrel old, [*M]TBUILT, [*M] Pagan

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 4 months ago #149293

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3991

Vonkopp wrote:

tKestrel wrote: I think i asked for this already but cant remember. Can we have a figure in our planes :) i just think it would be better than a plane that flies itself

I believe Kes is just asking for a little head, just to stick out of the plane. Maybe a little helmet, and some goggles. I think a little head would be cool.

Exactly that cant be too much to ask. Just like the soldier that chutes, have him in the cockpit or something. That cant be a lot.
Retired in the skies of Dogfight.
Raising Hell in the skies of Warthunder

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 4 months ago #149338

• Wigbomb
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Flarf
  • Thank you received: 5075
Pave the freakin' lakes. Or find a water rendering effect that doesn't cause the entire mission to become an unplayable lag-fest whenever the action is over or near water. The water effect you have now appears a dull, flat gray (or black, as some have described seeing it) until you get down to within inches of it, say, in a tank. It's only at that range. nose pressed against the surface, that the detail of the water is visible. But it's always there sucking bandwidth and causing overall game performance to suck.

As comparatively primitive as it was, the original water effect from last year and earlier this year, served the purpose visually and didn't punish the frame rate as SkyDavis points out. Also, that old version of water was the last one that featured a "beach", the transitional area between lake and land. Using that narrow strip was a key to effective tanking. With the deeper, harder carved topography lakeside tanking can now only be done from high ground. Maybe I'm alone, but I miss having the option of staying high and lobbing or gunning for the water's edge for an eye-level shot from closer to the boat.

I take back everything I've suggested about groovy new missions, plane customization, new plane types...if we can only get rid of these crippling glitches and bugs that make existing missions impossibly frustrating. I watch thousands of new players streaming in through the front door and running for the exit as soon as they realize that we all just grit our teeth and endure things like inverted spawn points, backwards damage meters, vulnerability from one side of the map while parked, brake on, on the other side of the map, blue carriers turning red and red carriers turning blue, flying tanks, airborne carriers floating over dry lakes, jumping-bean planes and streaking laser-lag-fire in zep missions...six separate server zones, often all claiming to be full although we know they aren't. Quit bugs, no-hit bugs, split screens, spawn crashes, dropped connections...and on and on. We've all always had something to grouse about, but this is a level of brokenness we've never seen...and it's the first and only Dogfight all these scores of new players are seeing or will see as they move on to other, less broken games. It kills me to watch all that potential return revenue abandoning Echoboom because the product is in shambles. So...

Never mind snappy new stuff. Get the stuff that's already there nailed down, bulletproof, completely bug-free, running smoothly with stable, accessible servers and a minimum of server-side lag...so we won't have to struggle to explain to baffled noobs why it is we love Dogfight as much as we do.

Wigipedia
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]bhfoust, BlüEMäX, [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT, CRAZYWOLF, Deezl, [*M]Reckless

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 4 months ago #149346

• BlüEMäX
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Chicken & Waffles!!
  • Thank you received: 3085

Wigbomb wrote: Pave the freakin' lakes. Or find a water rendering effect that doesn't cause the entire mission to become an unplayable lag-fest whenever the action is over or near water. The water effect you have now appears a dull, flat gray (or black, as some have described seeing it) until you get down to within inches of it, say, in a tank. It's only at that range. nose pressed against the surface, that the detail of the water is visible. But it's always there sucking bandwidth and causing overall game performance to suck.

As comparatively primitive as it was, the original water effect from last year and earlier this year, served the purpose visually and didn't punish the frame rate as SkyDavis points out. Also, that old version of water was the last one that featured a "beach", the transitional area between lake and land. Using that narrow strip was a key to effective tanking. With the deeper, harder carved topography lakeside tanking can now only be done from high ground. Maybe I'm alone, but I miss having the option of staying high and lobbing or gunning for the water's edge for an eye-level shot from closer to the boat.

I take back everything I've suggested about groovy new missions, plane customization, new plane types...if we can only get rid of these crippling glitches and bugs that make existing missions impossibly frustrating. I watch thousands of new players streaming in through the front door and running for the exit as soon as they realize that we all just grit our teeth and endure things like inverted spawn points, backwards damage meters, vulnerability from one side of the map while parked, brake on, on the other side of the map, blue carriers turning red and red carriers turning blue, flying tanks, airborne carriers floating over dry lakes, jumping-bean planes and streaking laser-lag-fire in zep missions...six separate server zones, often all claiming to be full although we know they aren't. Quit bugs, no-hit bugs, split screens, spawn crashes, dropped connections...and on and on. We've all always had something to grouse about, but this is a level of brokenness we've never seen...and it's the first and only Dogfight all these scores of new players are seeing or will see as they move on to other, less broken games. It kills me to watch all that potential return revenue abandoning Echoboom because the product is in shambles. So...

Never mind snappy new stuff. Get the stuff that's already there nailed down, bulletproof, completely bug-free, running smoothly with stable, accessible servers and a minimum of server-side lag...so we won't have to struggle to explain to baffled noobs why it is we love Dogfight as much as we do.

You forgot planes flying under water/ground (still happens when some guys fly low), planes spawning all over the map and herky jerky spawns, reloading on enemy carriers, not reloading on friendly carriers, disappearing bombs when you drop them, planes inside boat visible outside over water. Planes spawning on opposite carrier then switching to the other boat after take off, spawning and being pushed off the boat to die. Along with the other glitches that I get that seem to be my own personal freeze up hell.

Zep missions are terrible and so is any game with a carrier in it. Water is horrible. Lagomatic-Lagtastic-Lagorific...........

I'm with Rick. Please.......Please don't add anything else. Just fix what is here then move on to something different.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wigbomb, [*M]VonHuLK, [*M]Reckless

Last edit: by BlüEMäX.

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 4 months ago #149369

• [*M]Reckless
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The pilot formerly known as Porkfinger
  • Thank you received: 2690

Wigbomb wrote: Pave the freakin' lakes. Or find a water rendering effect that doesn't cause the entire mission to become an unplayable lag-fest whenever the action is over or near water. The water effect you have now appears a dull, flat gray (or black, as some have described seeing it) until you get down to within inches of it, say, in a tank. It's only at that range. nose pressed against the surface, that the detail of the water is visible. But it's always there sucking bandwidth and causing overall game performance to suck.

It's posts like this one that makes me sorry the "Thank You" button can only be pressed once. I may very well have worn it out otherwise.

SANITY IS HIGHLY OVERRATED....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wigbomb, [*M]VonHuLK, Hyperdrive

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 4 months ago #149393

• [*M]Reckless
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Vonkopp wrote:

I'm 100% with Von and Kes on this, as I always am. Some head would be lovely, helmet is, of course seldom present but always recommended - it's a dangerous world out there and there is always Always ALWAYS something that can and will harm the unprotected head.

I herby second......or third.....the head motion. In the plane. Why are you grinning? What did you think I was talking about? It's not like I'm a pig.....

The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, mach2

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 4 months ago #149401

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad

Porkfinger wrote:

Vonkopp wrote:

I'm 100% with Von and Kes on this, as I always am. Some head would be lovely, helmet is, of course seldom present but always recommended - it's a dangerous world out there and there is always Always ALWAYS something that can and will harm the unprotected head.

I herby second......or third.....the head motion. In the plane. Why are you grinning? What did you think I was talking about? It's not like I'm a pig.....

You a flying pig :ohmy: Now every thing will happen. The apocalypse of all kind, The world will end as we know it, the bushes baked beans recipe will be given out. :(

Last edit: by SkyDavis.

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 4 months ago #149417

• 2Storm2
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The Storm of the Skies!
  • Thank you received: 181
Maybe you could even put a Dent in Dentinhead's helmut :lol: :lol:
Could we put a one game kill record with our stats, I always forget to screenshot. Luckily I count when I reach my record lol

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 4 months ago #149421

• [*M]Reckless
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Skydavis1 wrote:

Porkfinger wrote:

Vonkopp wrote:

You a flying pig :ohmy: Now every thing will happen. The apocalypse of all kind, The world will end as we know it, the bushes baked beans recipe will be given out. :(

OMG I hadn't even considered the grave consequences to be brought to bear on the world! All those "yeah, when pigs fly" scenarios coming true in a freakish nightmare of non-kosher other-white-meatish proportions where the bean recipe is no longer sacred and children will have the utter BAJEEZUS SCARED OUT OF THEM AND WOMEN WILL SCREAM AND MEN WILL CRY FOR THEIR MOTHERS AND IT'S ALL MY FAULT AND I'M SO FREAKIN' SORRY BUT SINCE I CAUSED IT THAT MAKES ME

THE RULER OF THIS WORLD AND SO........

I AM YOUR KING! ALL HAIL THE PORKISH SCALLYWAG!

Now please, pretty please with a cherry on top, fix the freakin' game.................

Thank You.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Wigbomb, [*M]VonHuLK, Hyperdrive, ZebraUp

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 4 months ago #149497

• beatea
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 729
Hate to sound like a broken record, Z, but my request is that you just fix the bloody game so we can play it like its meant to be...no quit bug, no flying carriers or floating tanks, no mysterious base spawnings, etc. etc. etc. Come to think of it, I'd actually like to see flying carriers or floating tanks, but I CAN'T EVEN GET IN A GAME TO SEE THIS STUFF...

Thanks for tryin...

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 4 months ago #149531

• Hyperdrive
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • built from spare body parts of dead combat pilots
  • Thank you received: 298

Porkfinger wrote:

It's posts like this one that makes me sorry the "Thank You" button can only be pressed once. I may very well have worn it out otherwise.

I wholeheartedly agree. The game has become near unplayable, and seems to be deteriorating by the day. I struggle through the single hit kill, bullets not registering hits, and quit bugs. It becomes so frustrating sometimes that i want to throw my phone against the wall after watching half of my ammunition pass through a target with no effect. The fact that my kd ratio doesnt slide further is a mystery to me. Just fix it zup, and then after its fixed we can discuss painting my plane.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mach2

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 4 months ago #149538

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4244

As a newer player here (less than a month) I came into this game with it having glitches but I thought they would be getting ironed-out. Instead they have gotten worse. I hope they can be taken care of because I truly LOVE this game!
With that being said.. I would like to see the option to double-score (or even triple-score)by dropping a bomb inside the lower hangar openings on the carriers. And also, as I said before, not to be seen by other players when a mountain (or carrier or hangar or building) is between yourself and the enemy.
One other thing would be nice would be to have far shorter ranged bullets as I don't think the Vickers machine guns back then had the range & accuracy of a magnetic rail-gun lol!
Finally, new terrain maps would be awesome.. but not a necessity..
The following user(s) said Thank You: SkyDavis, [*M]VonHuLK

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 4 months ago #149549

• ¥M4rtin¥
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • You'll Shoot Your Eye out Kid!
  • Thank you received: 1637
I have noticed that on the servers nearest me I have no problems with getting shot down or shooting someone down. I can only equate that to me being in a server that is closest to my geographical location. Maybe I am wrong and people are experiencing this in the servers closest to them. I can just say that I am not experiencing this in the servers closest to me even when speed and volume show yellow.

For me the game functions fine except for the carriers being reversed and the cement looking water creating a depth perception problem. I enjoy the eccentricities of a CTC or BTC with the reversal of registered hits or reversal of color capture. For me these mixed missions of the zep in a ctc or btc or ffa provide a fun deviation from playing the same missions over and over again.

I guess I am just a little nuts here and maybe why I enjoy the above. Not saying there are no fixes necessary and I do share the frustrations of those that are affected adversely. Not trying to minimize or take away from the problems that players are encountering, thought I could shed some light from a crazier perspective.

Yes the quit bug must be worst of all and the ones that can not play at all I think should be fixed as soon as possible.

I suggest you play in the servers that are closest to you geographically or even test out the servers that give you little to littlest lag, well the least least lag possible. The reversal of carriers problem, versus people not being able to play I think is a little more prudent and sure hope that he can help those that are effected by this. So if you are experiencing this, post what device, what version and what update version you have.

NOT trying to minimize or take away from the problems people are having, just thought I would share my thoughts as convulsed as they may be.

Okay I am ready for the hate mail :pinch:

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 4 months ago #149557

• beatea
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, etc. etc. etc.

LOL Martin! :silly: :silly: :woohoo:

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 4 months ago #149806

• beatea
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
OK, I am tired of howling about how I can't play the game any more. Somebody call me when it's fixed. Thanks. :unsure: :angry:

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 4 months ago #149811

• Hyperdrive
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

¥M4rtin¥ wrote: I have noticed that on the servers nearest me I have no problems with getting shot down or shooting someone down. I can only equate that to me being in a server that is closest to my geographical location. Maybe I am wrong and people are experiencing this in the servers closest to them. I can just say that I am not experiencing this in the servers closest to me even when speed and volume show yellow.

For me the game functions fine except for the carriers being reversed and the cement looking water creating a depth perception problem. I enjoy the eccentricities of a CTC or BTC with the reversal of registered hits or reversal of color capture. For me these mixed missions of the zep in a ctc or btc or ffa provide a fun deviation from playing the same missions over and over again.

I guess I am just a little nuts here and maybe why I enjoy the above. Not saying there are no fixes necessary and I do share the frustrations of those that are affected adversely. Not trying to minimize or take away from the problems that players are encountering, thought I could shed some light from a crazier perspective.

Yes the quit bug must be worst of all and the ones that can not play at all I think should be fixed as soon as possible.

I suggest you play in the servers that are closest to you geographically or even test out the servers that give you little to littlest lag, well the least least lag possible. The reversal of carriers problem, versus people not being able to play I think is a little more prudent and sure hope that he can help those that are effected by this. So if you are experiencing this, post what device, what version and what update version you have.

NOT trying to minimize or take away from the problems people are having, just thought I would share my thoughts as convulsed as they may be.

Okay I am ready for the hate mail :pinch:

Lg ms 770. I suffer from quit bug, single hit killed bug, bullets not registering bug and lag. Messines is closest to me and i cant use it at all. Quit bug happens at specific times too, like when im on the bomb run (massively irritating to go all that way just to get kicked off the server as im about to drop), when other wraiths are present and if i have more than four planes in front of me. I dont like all of the glitches in btb, btc, ctc, and ffa. The only match ive found that seems mostly glitch free is the zep mission.

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 4 months ago #149879

• bellsaj
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3094
Well Hyper you wrote that you feel like throwing your phone in the wall.. Don't.
I did it and the quit-bugg is still there but the screen is broken.

I have noticed that when some players enter the game it turns laggy and I can expect to be hit by the bug quite soon. Even if I have been in that game for a good hour.
Snow and carriergames seams to make the bugg angry specially around the water.

The one hit kill isn't a one hit, you only hear one but i know when others has complained I kill them with one hit I have hit them up to 7 times so it's not a one hit kill bugg it's a sound bugg.

When you shoot straight thru a enemy plane it's most likely lagg. Frustrating as hell tho. If you fly close to them you will see that they are jumping back and forth very quickly (blinking).
I'm not sure but those I have asked that I have seen "blinking" have been on windows.

I want Zup to get rid of all fancy graphics that our devises can't use anyway. Not even the iPad Air manages the graphics as it is.
I'd go for a playable game any day before a fancy unplayable game as this has turned out to be.
If the windows players needs better grafic then make a separate room for them to play in and let us who play on phones and tablets have our less fancy but playable game.
What's the use to have all this fancy graphics if we can't play.
It's like putting a speed limitation of 45 on a top fuel car
Don´t live life faster then your guardian angel can fly
The following user(s) said Thank You: beatea, BlüEMäX, [*M]VonHuLK, DD I Stranger, Hyperdrive, mach2

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 4 months ago #149943

• Hyperdrive
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I hereby nominate bell for post of the week. You get the award in my book. Btw thanks for the banners i love them :) and yes i agree dump the fancy stuff in favor of a playable game. Too often between lag and the quit bug i can't stay in a match long enough to achieve the kinds of scores that some pilots have regularly. It's just gotten to the point that i don't even want to bother anymore bc I'm gonna miss most of the match trying to get back in or be aggravated by lag and seemingly invincible players, many of whom i should be able to kill with relative ease. While my skills may not be as refined as some of the higher ranked players, i do know how good i am and the fact that the bugs prevent me from showcasing those skills properly is a constant source of irritation to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bellsaj, mach2

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 4 months ago #149957

• woospy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • --Enigma Squad Member-- [e] Titus Pullo
  • Thank you received: 417

Davy Crockett wrote: A couple of UFOS flying around might be cool. I know im weird. Lol

And URGENT
please if you could cut the top of a mountain like this shape i made for you in mash potatoes ...
Do not why i can't take that out of my mind.

Last edit: by woospy.

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 4 months ago #149958

• Hyperdrive
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

woospy wrote:

Davy Crockett wrote: A couple of UFOS flying around might be cool. I know im weird. Lol

And URGENT
please if you could cut the top of a mountain like this shape i made for you in mash potatoes ...

Didnt your mama teach you not to play with your food? Lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: woospy

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 4 months ago #149962

• woospy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • --Enigma Squad Member-- [e] Titus Pullo
  • Thank you received: 417

[WS]HD wrote:

woospy wrote:

And URGENT

Didnt your mama teach you not to play with your food? Lol

Lol :P

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 4 months ago #149963

• [*M]Reckless
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Just bringing this one back to the top, its worth bringing. Please let it stay a while?

The following user(s) said Thank You: bellsaj, Hyperdrive

Last edit: by [*M]Reckless.

What you want me to do for the next Dogfight? 10 years 4 months ago #150122

• [*M]Reckless
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thank you everyone, I just wanted to keep it at the top of the thread for a day. It was from someone we all listen to, and it wasn't wrong. Please proceed with requests for mashed potatoes and chrome rims with spinners at your leisure ;)

Last edit: by [*M]Reckless.
Time to create page: 0.718 seconds