Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86733

• Whiplash
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Been Doomed since 1990!
  • Thank you received: 3010

jdrock123 wrote: Hey Zupperman I Run A Race Car In And Around Virginia I Was Thinking I Could Get The World Famous Whiplash To Design A Cool Banner For Dogfight Elite Or Use Something You Like And I Would Have My Graphics Company Put It On My Race Car And It Would Be Seen AtEvery Race Track I GO Too And Even Some Television Attention Locally In And Around Virginia And North Carolina, But I Want To Get You Permission First , That Way Nobody Gets In Trouble For Copyright Infringement,

And Of Course Anything I Put On The Race Car Will Need Your Final Approval First

Thanks
Justin Drew
A.m.A.[M] jdrock123

I'm in if Zup agrees.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3Aj5cS2yr1O2fenK2
The following user(s) said Thank You: jdrock123

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Whiplash.

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86734

• Whiplash
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

I also offer to make a banner for anyone who pledges at $50 or above.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr., Whosethisguy, Richyroo

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86744

• yose[M]ite
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 802
You should take pieces of all the big squads banner and put them together and put zuperman on it for him. That would be awesome!

Good idea right?

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86750

• Whiplash
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

I also think we should have a friendly competition for who donates the most. How about we take the money donated divided by the number of memebers to see who gives the most per member? The winner can have bragging rights for their squad in elite! Are you guys in?

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86752

• yose[M]ite
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
We should all write a letter to people with a lot of money and see if they would donate $9,000 to get their company logo in it. I'm gonna write to duck commander( the duck dynasty family) on A&E. maybe we should write to the history channel so they can get the logo put on. It's good advertising.

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86760

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Thank you received: 2736
I keep wanting to hit the donate button.... I'm going to have to hold off till the last minute.
House is for sale, If it sell's Mrs Dent and I will be without job's for a bit. We are making another Life change With Little Dent in Mind and Hope's for a better life and more opportunity (opportunity for Little Dent).
Most people would say we're crazy giving up what we're giving up.... Has to be done....
I will donate at some point.... I've alway's wanted to in some way other than buying point's...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr., ¥M4rtin¥, Richyroo

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86768

• Richyroo
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1315

dentinhead wrote: I keep wanting to hit the donate button.... I'm going to have to hold off till the last minute.
House is for sale, If it sell's Mrs Dent and I will be without job's for a bit. We are making another Life change With Little Dent in Mind and Hope's for a better life and more opportunity (opportunity for Little Dent).
Most people would say we're crazy giving up what we're giving up.... Has to be done....
I will donate at some point.... I've alway's wanted to in some way other than buying point's...

You moving back to the U.K just to be welcomed into our Brit/euro flight?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86775

• Richyroo
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
ZUPERMAN

Thanks, now I have your attention again,

During the games today I've been asking people if they're on the forum and alot are saying no, :unsure:
so with this in mind, can you not put something on the startup screen or a notification to annoy us like the poxy Facebook one every ten logins?

Just a thought?

Yours lovingly,

RichyRoo
The following user(s) said Thank You: bellsaj, Whosethisguy

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86776

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Richyroo wrote:

dentinhead wrote: I keep wanting to hit the donate button.... I'm going to have to hold off till the last minute.

You moving back to the U.K just to be welcomed into our Brit/euro flight?

:) Mrs Dent and I would love to live in england, As we both spent a few year's over there. Not gonna happen though :( . We are trying to head back to the western part of the State's. :cheer:
(We both do miss England)..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richyroo

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86778

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Stuart wrote: Zuperman: Your system (forum) is making a terrible mistake timing out people like me that have a lot of experience and suggestions that to help you.

I have tried to send two, long memos, to you with I believe good options and suggestions to help your case and reach your goal, only to be timed out.

Very frustrating. Ask Kevy, with my background in banking, I could help. I talk with Kevy (Kevin) almost every day, over the phone.

Stuart

I've had the same thing happen Stuart. I'd suggest copying what you type before sending the PM. It's saved my A** a few time's now.... ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: CalvinIsAwesome, Sir Wumper, Whosethisguy

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86779

• bopes
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1481

Stuart wrote: Zuperman: Your system (forum) is making a terrible mistake timing out people like me that have a lot of experience and suggestions that to help you.

I have tried to send two, long memos, to you with I believe good options and suggestions to help your case and reach your goal, only to be timed out.

Very frustrating. Ask Kevy, with my background in banking, I could help. I talk with Kevy (Kevin) almost every day, over the phone.

Stuart

Stuart that is frustrating to lose a long post. Do yourself a favor and type up long posts in another program or notebook app or something until you are ready to post, then just copy/paste.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sir Wumper

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86780

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 6460
Stuart,
Use REPLY rather than QUICK REPLY. No timeout that I have ever encountered. Plus, you can preview & edit before posting.
Paul

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86781

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hey Zuperman, How about something like Bumper sticker's.... I'm not a sticker Plastering (on my car) kind of guy. (silly idea, I know, It's all advertising) Beside's I'd like to see how many time's I get pulled over for having DOGFIGHT plastered on my bumper and 3 dog's riding in the back :) ....
Anything Purchasable with the Dogfight (Echoboom)LOGO I'm up for......
The following user(s) said Thank You: CalvinIsAwesome

Last edit: by Dentinhead.

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86783

• yose[M]ite
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
ZUPERMAN

you should advertise on gaming websites so people see dogfight .

The only way i saw this was typing airplane into the search thing on the App Store . The dogfight name needs to be out there do more people see it and buy it. Then they will give money too.

Thanks,
Dixieconfederate
The following user(s) said Thank You: CalvinIsAwesome

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86784

• |111th| MissHell
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • .ƒƒ...Helen...3:P ° ° °
  • Thank you received: 268
From Jenny and Me :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: allan, 111th MAS, DanGER, TinkerBelle old

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86787

• randyah96
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 484

After this 28 days are up does that mean Zuperman can no longer make the game?
Attachments:

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86791

• Flying muck
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2749
I'm pledged, can I get a millennium falcon :woohoo: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seriously though you guys worrying about how to get the money to pledge, you don't need it right now to pledge it, just so long as you have it when it's time to hand it over. But I can see for those without a card or card details its a problem making the pledge as the site asks for card details. So Z is there a way around this obstacle for these guys ?

And while I'm here....Miss Hell! Where you been, keep looking out for you in game never see you, miss getting chased round the mountain tops :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr., Richyroo

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86792

• allan
  • Thank you received: 158
From Allan :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: 111th MAS, Richyroo

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86793

• Richyroo
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

randyah96 wrote: After this 28 days are up does that mean Zuperman can no longer make the game?

zuperman wrote: Richy, the way kickstarter work is that if we don't reach the goal we get nothing.

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86798

• Whosethisguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Pratt & Whitney Piston Lover!
  • Thank you received: 1771

Richyroo wrote: ZUPERMAN

Thanks, now I have your attention again,

During the games today I've been asking people if they're on the forum and alot are saying no, :unsure:
so with this in mind, can you not put something on the startup screen or a notification to annoy us like the poxy Facebook one every ten logins?

Just a thought?

Yours lovingly,

RichyRoo

This is genius. Many die hard would be supporters are not on the forum and not aware of the wonderful opportunities you are offering.

Zup, I have an offer for you: I'd like to pledge $500 but instead of a diecast model get a very simple (easy for you) custom paintjob on one aircraft.

Would that be possible?

Either way I pledge the money, of course.

Many thanks,
WhoseThisGuy (Brian in Seattle)
The following user(s) said Thank You: beatea, |111th| MissHell, Richyroo, yose[M]ite

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86801

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836
In dogfight elit i must ask will we be able to chouse an era like ww1 era and ww2 era when we log in or is the ww1 planes going to end up haveing to fight ww2 planes.

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86802

• Whosethisguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Pratt & Whitney Piston Lover!
  • Thank you received: 1771
Looking forward to getting early testing and feedback!

I figure one penny per minute for all my past and future enjoyment of this game would add up to more than this.

Quite a bargain, and thanks again Zuperman!!

I'm an instrument rated pilot and avid flight simmer since the days of IBM 386's and monochrome displays.

I must say your game is brilliantly done! Looking forward to more of your work, very much!!

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Big Tex, Fredneck, 111th MAS, --J--, Whiplash

Last edit: by Whosethisguy. Reason: Spelling

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86806

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963

zuperman wrote: @kestrel your post made my day! don't worry too much if you can't pledge $, your post already meant more that you imagine :)
You mom can write to me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if she needs some info about the game, the team would love to talk to her.

@paul No problem. You can just add up the $ and when the goal is achieved we see how to handle the rewards distribution.

@calvinisawesome kickstarter is just a fundraising platform. They don't put money themselves on the project.
Answering some of your questions:
- The original Dogfight was made by me 90% myself. Nobody outside of myself worked for free on it (some did at the beginning but the workload was too much to do it for free). I had to pay a few times designers and modelers to work on it, also paid musicians for the soundtrack. I covered all the costs every time I've got some savings :)
- How much did the original version of Dogfight cost to make? I don't have the slightest clue. Actually, I prefer not to even think about it lol I know how much I paid to the freelancers but I also paid lot of money for servers, licenses, maintenance costs and the hours of my work that I never calculated. So... probably a lot. When I began calculating the amount of money that I needed to finish Dogfight Elite, I realized how much I must have spent in making Dogfight!
- Dogfight Elite is a different game. It is not an expansion pack, it is the second version of Dogfight. But... it is not as simple cut as that. There are many things that will be in Dogfight Elite that I wanted to include in Dogfight and I was never able to do due to lack of funding: squadron wars, more terrains, etc. It just makes sense that if I get funding, I fulfill my promise to everybody that has been there since version 1. Also, since Dogfight Elite is the second version of Dogfight, I thought all points should carry over instead of having to start from scratch. You played for a long time to reach your rank, why forget about it with a new version? :)
- About the monument. I haven't make a decision about that. I've been asked multiple times to name different areas of the terrain after certain people. There is even someone that passed away and they want to name a peak after him. It is a tough call. Maybe I'll add some terrain detail to some, but I don't want to give an official name to mountains in the terrain because 100% chance that the terrain will improve and change in future versions.
- About planes and advantage over other players... I always keep that in mind. In fact, it is a common problem in all games. Nobody wants that somebody that gets the best plane can easily win every game. There are different ways to tackle this, and I already have some plans. It will be fine. It should be as of right now, if you are skilled you can beat the others. It will also have different rooms for different levels since you will have WWII planes that would easily wipe out all WWI planes. Those need to be split at some point or most likely I will give you the option to enter or not a room with those planes. (if you want to go all kamikaze against a p51 with your modest nieuport... so be it :)
- All members of Dogfight will have access to Dogfight Elite forum, but only after it is released. Until then, only the people that pledged some will have that access. We have to be fair, some players will pledge lot of money and commit to helping, they should have some advantages. Obviously, we will make some exceptions, but as a rule of thumb during the alpha and beta testing of Dogfight Elite, only those that pledged would be allowed to those forum.
- Compounding payments: I don't think kickstarter allows for that. What I know they allow is for you to put $10 for instance and then change it and increase it to any other reward later on. Until the goal is reached you can move the amount up as many times as you wish.
- Why 30 people so far? I don't know. I'm waking up people in the middle of the night asking them to pledge. Aren't you? :P

2% of goal already achieved! Let's keep sharing it all over the internet! I already posted it on a few airplane enthusiasts forum :)

Btw, the twitter account to keep up with updates is @DogfightElite and it also has a facebook page if you want to check it.
We will begin posting the supporter names in www.dogfightelite.com by monday. Let me know if you want to display your pilot name next to your real name, or just one for them.

About the monuments- If you decide that you don't want to name anything officially after people, (By the way, Duckwing was the one that passed away.) then would you consider placing "Easter Eggs" (Hidden objects that are difficult to find, unless you know where to find them) for some of us? Or, if you don't like that, there could be statues placed around the edge of the map where no one goes. A base the size of a tank, and a bronze person standing on top of it, possibly with their name inscribed on the base, large enough to read as a soldier.

About going kamakazi with a nuiport against the P51 (Good job keeping that one secret, btw :) ) - I'm insulted twice. First, you think I still fly a nuiport, and second, you think I couldn't beat someone in a Mustang and survive!? ;) :laugh:

Speaking of the WWII planes, I hope that they won't have missles? I've never liked having missles in flight sims, they're too easy to use. Takes very little skill to just dodge around, say, my "Nuiport's" bullets, then straighten out at the last minute and blast me with a missle, with no chance of missing. Problem just gets worse if they can lock on to an opponent.

One last thing, and you can get back to fundraising. Team chat. No one's mentioned it in a long time, and I wanted to remind you. :)

Oh, Sky, to answer your question, WWI planes can fight WWII planes if they want, but you can opt out and fight only WWI planes. No real reason not to, it's similar to an Aspirant fighting you or me instead of another Aspirant. It's aggravating, but it will only make you better.
See you in the skies!

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86828

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
  • Thank you received: 2818
If new game is keeping the carriers have you thought about letting downed pilots man the aa guns to find off attacking team? Or have them fire by themselves as the tanks do in the practice games? Also if I decide I didn't pledge enough and want to do more or pledge moneys for someone else is that possible?
I could care....But I dont
The following user(s) said Thank You: Allied

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86829

• Richyroo
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Dr Dave wrote: If new game is keeping the carriers have you thought about letting downed pilots man the aa guns to find off attacking team? Or have them fire by themselves as the tanks do in the practice games? Also if I decide I didn't pledge enough and want to do more or pledge moneys for someone else is that possible?

Yes Dave, my first pledge (was more than I should've) but I decided to do more and its really easy, just tick the one you now want and then you can edit your original order, delete it and continue with new one!

GO DR, GOOOOO ;)

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86833

• Jack fighter
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 438

Richyroo wrote:

Dr Dave wrote: If new game is keeping the carriers have you thought about letting downed pilots man the aa guns to find off attacking team? Or have them fire by themselves as the tanks do in the practice games? Also if I decide I didn't pledge enough and want to do more or pledge moneys for someone else is that possible?

Yes Dave, my first pledge (was more than I should've) but I decided to do more and its really easy, just tick the one you now want and then you can edit your original order, delete it and continue with new one!

GO DR, GOOOOO ;)

Would this be the way to nullify spawn killing. If after you initially get spawn killed you have the option to man an AA gun, to clear the skies around your base/carrier before you take off.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sir Wumper, Dr Dave.

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86837

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 6460
The way I view the 1st pledge I made was;
DF has saved me much time and money that would have been wasted buying and downloading new apps., just to possibly enjoy for a short time.

The friends and experiences.....PRICELESS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bellsaj, Sir Wumper, beatea, Dr Dave., tKestrel old, Whosethisguy, Richyroo, MrsRichyRoo1

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86852

• Richyroo
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
My household income is very low but likewise, this game has given us soo much, its a massive form of escapism for me and now MrsRichyRoo is here we both use it to get away from real life!
The point of that blah above is, that we are now thinking of upping the pledge, we will miss the money but how many good laughs have we had here compared to other more expensive forms of adult etertainment (NOT THAT SORT!) like, dinners out, evenings out and the like, so far we have probably spent £20 ($30) all in all.

So our pledge is to show our gratitude for the place we use to escape to.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zuperman, bellsaj, Sir Wumper, Flying muck, Paul Mantz, Jr., ¥M4rtin¥, MrsRichyRoo1

Last edit: by Richyroo. Reason: To correct gibberish

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86858

• Jack fighter
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 438

Stuart wrote: Paul I couldn't agree ore.

I pledged the original amount $125, but I am more than willing to give much more. If Zupeman asked me to give more, I would.

I believe many of the older players, that love the game, would be willing to give more, much more. Like you, the game gives you something that is hard to measure. I have made some real good friends, and talk with some even on the phone.

Stuart[/quote
This is what gripped me immediately about this game. Notwithstanding the amazing game which is Dogfight, it's the community which makes this game so special. I never thought in a million years I would find an online game i would be happy to participate and integrate into, never mind allow my kids to play. That is what you lot as a community have built and I'm proud to be a part of that. I haven't pledged yet but I will, and I will give as much as I possibly can, which won't be as much as I would like to give.
Sorry for boring you all, I shouldn't be allowed to post when I've been drinking :cheer:

The following user(s) said Thank You: zuperman, Sir Wumper, Paul Mantz, Jr.

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86873

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
Let's stop suggesting new features, at least until we raise the money for what he already has planned. He planned $125,000 for a reason, not for extra stuff. Wait 30 days, raise some money, and THEN ask for more. :)
See you in the skies!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Whosethisguy, yose[M]ite

Time to create page: 0.890 seconds