Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86442

• Allied
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • God save the Queen!
  • Thank you received: 162
I have a question for you Zup.If we dont donate enough for the plane can we still buy the special plane in game.Because I recently bought an iPad with Retina Display and it costed a lot.I would also like a list of the planes you plan to put into it or might.Im also wondering if you can put in the Fairy Swordfish torpedo bomber.Maybe even that railroad I have been wanting.That way it will attract fans of war,tanks,planes,and trains.I dont know any train enthusiast who wouldnt drive a train with AA guns on the cars firing up at the sky on an iPad.Trains were important in WWI.They carried troops,food,gunpowder,ammunition,medical supplies,and tons more.And have the trains have about like 10 hits to destroy.I know this is a bunch but I want the answer for the first question the most.I will donate once I get some cash.
our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen! Send her victorious, Happy and glorious, Long to reign over us, God save the Queen!
[IMG]img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb200912171940...320px-Union_flag_160[IMG]

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86443

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866
Don't worry Joachin you can flip over the squad tag so it just reads WOW :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richyroo

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86445

• zuperman
  • zuperman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13143
@Allied you can see the list of planes already on the kickstarter page. Just scroll down a bit. I have some hidden as a surprise :)
I will not say which one is included or not, because otherwise either by saying it or by omission i would be telling the secret lol.
I will announce little by little which aircraft are the surprise aircraft as the pledges evolve. I'm planning to announce the first one when we hit $5,000

As for the trains, that's a brilliant idea! I didn't think of that. I have to find WWI/WWII trains though, to model, and I also would need to see how hard is to create terrain rails that the train follow... not an easy task but I'll look into it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave., MrsRichyRoo1

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86447

• yose[M]ite
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 802
You should make hit the train/ defend the train that carries bomb o blow up enemy base. I'm a genius :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrsRichyRoo1

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86484

• Hamers
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • leader of kamikazi squadron
  • Thank you received: 273

zuperman wrote: @Allied \ I have some hidden as a surprise :)
I will not say which one is included or not, because otherwise either by saying it or by omission i would be telling the secret lol.
I will announce little by little which aircraft are the surprise aircraft as the pledges evolve. I'm planning to announce the first one when we hit $5,000

\quote]
I know what one of them is. a P51 MUSTANG!!!!!!!!! zup email Louis and tell him he can get his mustang. lol

lets eat grandma. lets eat, grandma. commas save lives

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86491

• BStrachan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 650

I am ready gave 125.00 hope it helps Zuper. I can't what :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrsRichyRoo1

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86513

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3991

Hey guys. I am sooo sooo sorry. I want to donate at least $40 but my mom wont even let me do $10. Im so sorry. I am about in tears knowing i cant help with my favorite game. Trust me i want to so bad. I will b begging her to let me do it. Till then i will b scratchin up pennies till i can save up at least $15. I hope i can get her to change her mind. Im sorry Zuperman.
Retired in the skies of Dogfight.
Raising Hell in the skies of Warthunder
The following user(s) said Thank You: zuperman

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86573

• Big Tex
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Y'all come by for some BBQ...
  • Thank you received: 898
An outstanding endeavor. If this comes to pass, I'll want my P-51 painted with a red tail and prop to honor the Tuskeegee Airmen who've been a personal inspiration to me.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: zuperman, CalvinIsAwesome, Flying muck, *EOI* RAPTOR, ParrotHead

Last edit: by Big Tex.

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86582

• randyah96
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 484

Kestrel wrote: Hey guys. I am sooo sooo sorry. I want to donate at least $40 but my mom wont even let me do $10. Im so sorry. I am about in tears knowing i cant help with my favorite game. Trust me i want to so bad. I will b begging her to let me do it. Till then i will b scratchin up pennies till i can save up at least $15. I hope i can get her to change her mind. Im sorry Zuperman.

kestral same deal with me i have tue money but mom wont let me have her credit card info :( she just doesnt understand the best game in all of history can be even better with my help :((((( i am also sorry Z

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86594

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Yep she thinks its just a game.

Man those words!! They r mutiny. Its more than a game. Its a way of life and a community. The biggest craziest family alive. If only i could get her to budge. I have asked her 3 times since that post and she is starting to get annoyed so ill leave it b tonight. But ill start back up in the morning. ;) lol.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bellsaj

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86615

• [M*]JÄCK BÜRTÖN1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i just want my truck back
  • Thank you received: 1018
I pleaged, air marrshal backer, cant wait to get one of those dye cast models. If they get the money they need!!!
someones stolen my truck!!! they left a note.fight and we will give you your truck back.so here i am ready to fight!!!one problem they never said how long.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BStrachan, CalvinIsAwesome, bomer1

Last edit: by [M*]JÄCK BÜRTÖN1.

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86620

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Ok guys since i cant help with funding. I will help with words. ;) i will post the link on every available anf legal aircraft game page there is. This will b my tribute till i can get my mom to crack

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86621

• [*M]bhfoust
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Rock'n the tank since 2012
  • Thank you received: 8857
:woohoo: im a backer...go Z B)

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86634

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Hey if that works u can have my entire million that i have

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86640

• [*M]SnakePlissken
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1015
:woohoo: :woohoo: [YESSSSS IM A DOGFIGHT [e]LITE BACKER] $114.00 special, B)

can't wait to show off my new favorite T shirt. Thanks for everything zuperman :).Best game ever.

Last edit: by [*M]SnakePlissken.

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86643

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
  • Thank you received: 539

jack burton wrote: I donated, air marrshal backer, cant wait to get one of those dye cast models. If they get the money they need!!!

Hollllllllyyyy crap, thats $$$500

Zup i am going to do that walmart gift card thing. Time to get a job again.

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86645

• Dark Knight
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • You may not know it, but my pilot's a Dog, War Dog
  • Thank you received: 210
Il2 Il2!!!!!! One of my favorites

Ready to Die? Good

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86648

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 6460
KESTREL & RANDY,
Got you two covered.
Just keep doing good things here & don't fret.
The following user(s) said Thank You: randyah96, tKestrel old, Jack fighter

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86654

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
ZUPERMAN,
I'd like to help out some here that don't have $ but want to invest.
Do I need to make all of them separately so they get credit or may I make 1 larger 1 and give you their names? I don't need goodies, but would like for them to receive them.
Thanks,
Paul
The following user(s) said Thank You: zuperman, BStrachan, CalvinIsAwesome, Flying muck, beatea, Big Tex, tKestrel old, Richyroo, MrsRichyRoo1

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86655

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
Buying a card tomorrow.

Couple questions:

#1. $125,000. That's a ton of money. What has Dogfight (This one) cost to develop? I read on joaquingrech.com that many of the original designers agreed to work for nothing, or very little. What would it have cost if that weren't the case?

#2. You say that our current stats will carry over to DF Elite. Does that mean that this is in some ways just an expansion pack? (Investing either way)

#3. This has been mentioned here several times, but we'd all like to see a monument to the "Founding Fathers" of DF. We've done this to a degree ourselves, for example, Veidar2 named the peaks after B Strachan, MBizzi, Wat Up Dogfight, and myself - renamed for Duckwing after his passing - but it was suggested to have a particularly thick chunk of forrest named for Slenderman, maybe a family of ducks in the lake for Duckwing, something for the first three MORAFs, 420 and G, etc.

#4: You said in the video that there will be lots more planes, and you've said in the past that new vehicles are planned, I'm kind of worries about the game losing it's fairness. I always loved that an Aspirant in his Fokker could shoot me down in my SE5a. The planes are an advantage once you have the skill to use them, but they can't replace skill. With too many planes, I'm worried that they'll be too much of an advantage for low ranked players, giving an advantage over veterans who don't pay for plane upgrades. Now, that's cool, plenty of people like games like that. I feel like a lot of us (Top priority, remember? ;) ) would like that part of the game to stay the same. I'd propose a dedicated "Pure" mode, which is more like the original DF, as far as in game abilities and aircraft, but is playable on a console, and has other advantages that come with DF Elite.

#5. I think that some people here should have access to the DF Elite forums that you mentioned, free of charge. Some of the younger members have great ideas, but no way to pay.

#6. Can the payments be compounded? I won't be able to make the $99 payment I want to make all at once, but I could in a few pieces.

#7. Why only 30 people so far? Let's get this going, guys! Donate!

Good luck with the new game, Joaquin. :)

P.S. I can't donate a whole lot, but if there's any way I can help out in terms of sweat equity, I'm happy to lend a hand. :)
See you in the skies!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr., |111th| MissHell, MrsRichyRoo1

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86659

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963

zuperman wrote: Richy, the way kickstarter work is that if we don't reach the goal we get nothing. Also nobody is charged on their credit card or anything until the project has reached it's goal. So it is completely safe for everyone to place a pledge and then get it all when the goal is reached :)

We just need to promote it and share it everywhere and on flight fans forums so that we can get interested people to help out :)

So does Kickstarter match the $125,000, or invest in the company, or what? Or is it just a fundraising platform?
See you in the skies!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr.

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86660

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Great questions CalvinIsAwesome.

The following user(s) said Thank You: CalvinIsAwesome, Big Tex, ¥M4rtin¥, Richyroo

Last edit: by Paul Mantz, Jr..

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86676

• zuperman
  • zuperman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13143
@kestrel your post made my day! don't worry too much if you can't pledge $, your post already meant more that you imagine :)
You mom can write to me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if she needs some info about the game, the team would love to talk to her.

@paul No problem. You can just add up the $ and when the goal is achieved we see how to handle the rewards distribution.

@calvinisawesome kickstarter is just a fundraising platform. They don't put money themselves on the project.
Answering some of your questions:
- The original Dogfight was made by me 90% myself. Nobody outside of myself worked for free on it (some did at the beginning but the workload was too much to do it for free). I had to pay a few times designers and modelers to work on it, also paid musicians for the soundtrack. I covered all the costs every time I've got some savings :)
- How much did the original version of Dogfight cost to make? I don't have the slightest clue. Actually, I prefer not to even think about it lol I know how much I paid to the freelancers but I also paid lot of money for servers, licenses, maintenance costs and the hours of my work that I never calculated. So... probably a lot. When I began calculating the amount of money that I needed to finish Dogfight Elite, I realized how much I must have spent in making Dogfight!
- Dogfight Elite is a different game. It is not an expansion pack, it is the second version of Dogfight. But... it is not as simple cut as that. There are many things that will be in Dogfight Elite that I wanted to include in Dogfight and I was never able to do due to lack of funding: squadron wars, more terrains, etc. It just makes sense that if I get funding, I fulfill my promise to everybody that has been there since version 1. Also, since Dogfight Elite is the second version of Dogfight, I thought all points should carry over instead of having to start from scratch. You played for a long time to reach your rank, why forget about it with a new version? :)
- About the monument. I haven't make a decision about that. I've been asked multiple times to name different areas of the terrain after certain people. There is even someone that passed away and they want to name a peak after him. It is a tough call. Maybe I'll add some terrain detail to some, but I don't want to give an official name to mountains in the terrain because 100% chance that the terrain will improve and change in future versions.
- About planes and advantage over other players... I always keep that in mind. In fact, it is a common problem in all games. Nobody wants that somebody that gets the best plane can easily win every game. There are different ways to tackle this, and I already have some plans. It will be fine. It should be as of right now, if you are skilled you can beat the others. It will also have different rooms for different levels since you will have WWII planes that would easily wipe out all WWI planes. Those need to be split at some point or most likely I will give you the option to enter or not a room with those planes. (if you want to go all kamikaze against a p51 with your modest nieuport... so be it :)
- All members of Dogfight will have access to Dogfight Elite forum, but only after it is released. Until then, only the people that pledged some will have that access. We have to be fair, some players will pledge lot of money and commit to helping, they should have some advantages. Obviously, we will make some exceptions, but as a rule of thumb during the alpha and beta testing of Dogfight Elite, only those that pledged would be allowed to those forum.
- Compounding payments: I don't think kickstarter allows for that. What I know they allow is for you to put $10 for instance and then change it and increase it to any other reward later on. Until the goal is reached you can move the amount up as many times as you wish.
- Why 30 people so far? I don't know. I'm waking up people in the middle of the night asking them to pledge. Aren't you? :P

2% of goal already achieved! Let's keep sharing it all over the internet! I already posted it on a few airplane enthusiasts forum :)

Btw, the twitter account to keep up with updates is @DogfightElite and it also has a facebook page if you want to check it.
We will begin posting the supporter names in www.dogfightelite.com by monday. Let me know if you want to display your pilot name next to your real name, or just one for them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|Kevy, CalvinIsAwesome, Paul Mantz, Jr., |111th| MissHell, 111th MAS, tKestrel old, ¥M4rtin¥, Richyroo

Last edit: by zuperman.

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86695

• ¥M4rtin¥
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • You'll Shoot Your Eye out Kid!
  • Thank you received: 1637
Thanks for answering those questions. You have just answered everything that was going through my mind!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*, Big Tex, 111th MAS, Whosethisguy, Richyroo

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86708

• jdrock123
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 891
Hey Zupperman I Run A Race Car In And Around Virginia I Was Thinking I Could Get The World Famous Whiplash To Design A Cool Banner For Dogfight Elite Or Use Something You Like And I Would Have My Graphics Company Put It On My Race Car And It Would Be Seen AtEvery Race Track I GO Too And Even Some Television Attention Locally In And Around Virginia And North Carolina, But I Want To Get You Permission First , That Way Nobody Gets In Trouble For Copyright Infringement,

And Of Course Anything I Put On The Race Car Will Need Your Final Approval First

Thanks
Justin Drew
A.m.A.[M] jdrock123
The following user(s) said Thank You: CalvinIsAwesome, Whiplash, yose[M]ite, Jack fighter

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86714

• Allied
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • God save the Queen!
What series?Also I'm saving up for the 125.
our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen! Send her victorious, Happy and glorious, Long to reign over us, God save the Queen!

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86717

• jdrock123
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 891
Whelen Late Model Series And Gonna Run A Few Pro Cup Races This year
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr.

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86719

• Allied
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • God save the Queen!
Also I'm wondering if we will have the F4U Corsair in the game.I hope we do because it is my favorite WWII plane.One of the best fighters in the Pacific Theatre.

Last edit: by Allied. Reason: F4U Corsair

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86729

• 111th MAS
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115
I pledged $25. Make me feel.good but I would feel better if I could match the $250 but problem is I'm in Africa. It takes too long and lots of paper work to transfer funds from my Tanzanian account to Bank of America.

YOU CANT RUN FROM THE FALCON

I GOT YOU IN SIGHT

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #86730

• 111th MAS
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115
How I wish I was back in Florida :(

YOU CANT RUN FROM THE FALCON

I GOT YOU IN SIGHT