Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #87239

• philip06
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • NO RESPECT!
  • Thank you received: 101
I guess I don't understand. Only 54 people have donated at this time. How many people play this game? I know MOM squad has at least 95 active players. With so many other squads, there is a lot of players. I WOULD HOPE MORE PLAYERS WOULD DONATE! Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richyroo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #87252

• zuperman
  • zuperman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13143
To answer the pc/Mac question... I'm already playing with a joystick :)

About the pledges, yep only 45 dogfighters or so have donated. I was thinking probably many would donate $1, but certainly more people :/
Maybe they didn't see this topic? Did you tell them on their squadron thread?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Big Tex

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #87258

• bobbysox
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 109
you need to put a pop-up or add when the game is opened so EVERYONE will see it. if you do i would bet you will get a lot more action. thanks for the joystick compatability an THANKS for the Mac platform. i really want this to get off theground for you.

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #87259

• bellsaj
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3094
Im getting a lot of ? When asking ingame if they have read about dogfight elit on the forum, and "I dont have forum" is an other answer Im getting :(
Don´t live life faster then your guardian angel can fly
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave.

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #87260

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
Joaquin, honestly we don't care about one month in the games development. Until we hit our goal, stop programming, start promoting! Sell ad space on the forum! We don't care! If you can place a popup in the game (during loading for multiplayer), you'll increase action even more! Put a link to kicnstarter on the website homepage so it's easisr for us to send people to! Go advertise by posting on other forums! There's endless money out there, you just need to find it!

Okay,for the rest of you: Guys, are we actually taking this seriously? So far, it seems like a someone-else-will-do-it attitude. If you've donated and have more money, donate more. If you have time to play the game, you have time to fundraise..I've only had two people tell me they weren't interested, one was just an asshole telling everyone to shut up, saying he didn't like the text on the screen, and one thought it was illegal for me to be soliciting cash over the internet. I managed to convince the zecond one. You can do it! Tell everyone you meet in game! If there's someone who already knows about it, start a.conversation about it! Others.get.very interested when the big names killing everyone get exited about how awesome Dogfight Elite is going to be! Tell your coworkers, tell your friends! Tell them to try dogfight, and ask if they'd be willing to put ten bucks toward a better version! Don't tell me a freshman in high school is the best salesman here?! MOMs, you all have buisness experience, yiu know how to sell! Some of you have wealthy friends who could fund three projects like this a day and never miss the money! Maybe that friend is even you! (Check your toilet paper. If its made of green paper that looks like the money you use, minus two zeros, its you) If someone says they don't have a forum account, or haven't read it, tell them where to find us! I've brought in at least a couple hundred doing that, you can all do the same! Don't ever take no for an answer, and never rule out a customer! I've had more air commodores give than air marshals! You guys are all big names in Dogfight, and influential in the real world! You can get the money!

Don't tell me I give the best pep talk either, someone better beat this if we don't improve.
See you in the skies!
The following user(s) said Thank You: zuperman, bellsaj, [NLR]*XxXxX*, 111th MAS, MrsRichyRoo1

Last edit: by CalvinIsAwesome.

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #87276

• BlueDane
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 291
Guys, I am working out of country at the moment and as a matter of principle and security I try not to travel with my personal credit and debit cards.
Rest assured, when I get back to good old Blighty, I will pledge.

Cheers. BD
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richyroo, MrsRichyRoo1

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #87278

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Some update pic :)
This is on a computer, still trying to make it look that nice on a mobile device. Hopefully I can reassure soon that's the way it will look :)

More details at
www.kickstarter.com/projects/echoboomapps/dogfight-elite
The following user(s) said Thank You: bellsaj, [NLR]*XxXxX*, beatea, Richyroo, MrsRichyRoo1

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #87280

• Richyroo
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1315
Okay, I'm getting annoyed on behalf of me and me alone.

TOO MANY REGULAR FORUM USERS ARE ASKING QUESTIONS THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN ANSWERED!

Read ZUPERMAN'S posts FIRST and if you still need answers then ask!

Oh and whilst I'm whining, why the HELL aren't donations ALOT higher in individual donations?

ONLY 56 PEOPLE?? IF YOU'RE SKINT, JUST $1

WOULD BE FANTASTIC
The following user(s) said Thank You: bellsaj, [NLR]*XxXxX*, MrsRichyRoo1

Last edit: by Richyroo.

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #87282

• [NLR]*XxXxX*
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 594

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: zuperman, Richyroo, MrsRichyRoo1

Last edit: by [NLR]*XxXxX*.

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #87298

• bopes
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1481
The big pledges and pledgees are great, but If this thing is going to work it's gotta be a volume thing.

This post is for all the people who may be hesitating because they can't afford or rationalize a big pledge.

How much did you pay for the game? Five bucks or so? Pledge that. How much did you spend on plane upgrades after you bought it? Another five bucks? Pledge that. How much would you be willing to shell out for Dogfight Elite if it ever gets released? Ten, fifteen bucks? Pledge that. Hell, pledge a dollar! The point is, don't pledge any amount that would be a hardship to you, and don't feel bad if you can't swing a heftier pledge, for whatever reason. If every active player did what they could, we'd have this thing funded lickety-split. If all you can afford is a buck, fly your poverty flag high and brag about it on the thread! Don't feel bad about it! You got as much of a stake in this thing as anyone.

One thing I didn't realize till after I pledged is that this kick starter thing seems to be routed through Amazon. Got a few random bucks lying around on an old Amazon-fungible gift card? Dial that in. Got a birthday or other event coming up? Ask for a gift card that you can plug into Amazon. That should make it less painful for playas with cranky parents (or spouses :whistle: ) ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: zuperman, bellsaj, beatea, Dark Knight, ParrotHead, [*M]bhfoust, Richyroo

Last edit: by bopes.

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #87307

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack
  • Thank you received: 1352
I will make sure to let everyone know when I am in game to to "get out and donate!!!".....each an every game I will do this.

Gen~~~~~~~~jack
The following user(s) said Thank You: [CAC]sgt.mo

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #87308

• [CAC]sgt.mo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • win or loss it doesnt matter long as u did ur part
  • Thank you received: 159
I agree will general Jackson I have been doing the same
i better not catch you flying

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #87315

• ¥M4rtin¥
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • You'll Shoot Your Eye out Kid!
  • Thank you received: 1637
Joaquin, I would also suggest you put the links to both this Forum(People can read the commitment here from us) and the current DF(A small taste of what it can develop into-The Free Trial still exists)on both the Dogfight Elite website and the Kickstarter website. This way people who can see what this game has evolved into. It will also give those not familiar with the game to get a taste of it. I also suggest you get in touch with those companies whose projects that you backed at Kickstarter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zuperman

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #87317

• cody82
  • Thank you received: 35
i will donate, but would like to know what happens if the goal isnt met? will the elite version not take off? :unsure:

VIVA EL GUAPO!!

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #87328

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Thank you received: 2736
Is there anyway you could start a locked topic with the link to kickstarter and add some of the question's and answer's from here to there for Dogfight Elite.
Everything seem's to get diluted, not so much off topic, Just- some to the point Question's and answer's taken from here with the link would be nice.. Post it on the very top so it won't be missed.
I haven't donated yet and keeping up with what's going on could be easier. I can only imagine someone coming onto the forum for the first time..A good heading name with a Link and Question's and answer's from some of the other thread's posted there, I think would be a big help.
We could also build up some of the question's ourselves...(example)Let people know that all ages play this game, We all interact together (and work together to keep it clean).
Alot of you are good at this kind of thing. Any Idea's?

A locked Thread that only the Mod's and Zuper have access too, but our question's moved there with the link. (only rlevant question's)

I hate all this typing BS...I can't express through my fingers......Unless I hold the one up. :cheer:

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #87333

• cody82
  • Thank you received: 35

lots of helpful Q&A. YOU ARE NOT CHARGED UNTIL THE GOAL IS MET! alot of people are unaware of this.

VIVA EL GUAPO!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oedius Momicus, Dr Dave.

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #87335

• Oedius Momicus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • MOLON LABE!
  • Thank you received: 346
Easy decision. COUNT ME IN! :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cody82

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #87342

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
  • Thank you received: 2818

Richyroo wrote: Okay, I'm getting annoyed on behalf of me and me alone.

TOO MANY REGULAR FORUM USERS ARE ASKING QUESTIONS THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN ANSWERED!

Read ZUPERMAN'S posts FIRST and if you still need answers then ask!

Oh and whilst I'm whining, why the HELL aren't donations ALOT higher in individual donations?

ONLY 56 PEOPLE?? IF YOU'RE SKINT, JUST $1

WOULD BE FANTASTIC

I'm finding alot people think they have to donat $10 min and mom/dad obviously not gamers are refusing to let little Johnny donat anything.
I could care....But I dont

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #87345

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
yep, they have to realize that even $1 is ok. I changed the kickstarter and added a reward for people to realize it :)

For $1 you'll get:
The Supporter: You'll get our undying thanks! You'll also get your name listed on our site. We'll print your name, stick it on the wall and look to it whenever we are in need of inspiration!

So yes, no pledge is small enough :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave.

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #87353

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
lol

anyway, again I repeat so the message doesn't get lost: you can pledge $1 if you want, no contribution is small enough :)

I also added a small reward for the $1 pledges.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vampire Priest

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #87360

• GMoney
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 286

zuperman wrote: @DareDevil: All platforms we can! For now Android, iOS, Windows Phone 8, PC and Mac.

Hey Zup,

I have already donated to the cause. I'm really looking forward to seeing and hearing more about it.

Not be bring this down. But my only concern for Elite is with the current problems on devices with crashes, lag etc. Will Elite be more stable?

It would be a cool concept game on the Wii or Wii U as I had a previous game called Blazing Angels and I loved playing it until I found Dogfight and now I have not played that game since because of the online player capability.

Thanks,
GMoney
In game name:|111th| GMoney

falcon.spruz.com

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #87361

• ¥M4rtin¥
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • You'll Shoot Your Eye out Kid!
  • Thank you received: 1637
Project Dogfight Elite Update!

Project Update #2: First secret aircraft revealed!
Posted by Echoboom Apps
We’ve reached $5,000 Thank you!

As promised we will be releasing secrets and details as we progress through Kickstarter. Today we unveil the first of the secret airplanes. The Messerschmitt Me 163, also known as, the Komet.

The Messerschmitt Me 163 Komet, designed by Alexander Lippisch, was a German rocket-powered fighter aircraft introduced in 1944. It is the only rocket-powered fighter aircraft ever to have been operational. Its design was revolutionary, and the Me 163 was capable of performance unrivaled at the time. Messerschmitt test pilot Rudy Opitz in 1944 reached 1,123 km/h (698 mph). Over 300 aircraft were built, making it one of the first rocket-powered aircraft mass-produced. It had more peculiarities, for takeoff, a pair of wheels, each mounted onto the ends of a specially designed cross-axle, together comprising a takeoff "dolly" mounted under the landing skid, were needed due to the weight of the fuel, but these were released shortly after takeoff.

Attachments:

Last edit: by ¥M4rtin¥.

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #87362

• bobbysox
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
the first "secret plane" has been announced. it is the Me 163 Komet. the pocket rocket is fun to fly...looking forward to zooming the dogfight skies in it.

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #87378

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
@Gmoney I believe I replied to you on kickstarter :)
Yes, game should be more stable, mostly because once we have some serious funding like this, big companies pay attention to requests! We probably wouldn't need to wait for weeks to hear back from then when we found a crashing bug on their phones.

So yes, it should all be better because we could also afford to pay for special support level :)

In addition, having more funding gives us more resources to fix bugs. For instance, in Dogfight right now, it is myself the one that writes new code, makes new updates, add requests and also fixes the bugs. So I have to go in order of priority and obviously the process is slower than if we had the resources for a full more leveraged team :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: GMoney, Richyroo

Last edit: by zuperman.

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #87384

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 6460
The following user(s) said Thank You: zuperman, BStrachan

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #87389

• GMoney
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 286

Paul Mantz, Jr. wrote:

The wheels fell off at 0:23. :ohmy:
In game name:|111th| GMoney

falcon.spruz.com

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #87392

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
yep, wheels "fell off" lol
It is explained on the post www.kickstarter.com/projects/echoboomapps/dogfight-elite/posts

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #87396

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
  • Thank you received: 2818
That's right it was a one way ticket for the pilots... Someone was going to die, The only question was are you dieing alone today? :whistle: (It landed like a glider)---{some times}--- :woohoo: --- :)
I could care....But I dont

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #87397

• Richyroo
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1315
Erm......can us pledgers recieve wheels that don't 'fall off' please :huh:

Dogfight Elite: The next level. We need your help! 11 years 1 month ago #87417

• bobbysox
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
where's the fun in that?!!! this is also in one of the console games i play. it is enjoyable to fly but does take a little practice to get her on the ground right. i am guessing that you get your wheels put back under you when you refuel/rearm...or take off is going to be a B!t<#...lol

Time to create page: 1.191 seconds