Wolf Pack Squadron

TOPIC:

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #224267

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • NEVER TRUST ME ITS A WARNING
  • Thank you received: 848

Squeak wrote: Hey,

Is it just me or is GI 9000 really Ernest Borgnine in disguise?

Who the hell is he lol that's not me ;) :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Squeak, DireWolf{WP****}, Pistolfuddyduddy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #224268

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

GI.9000 wrote:

Squeak wrote: Hey,

Is it just me or is GI 9000 really Ernest Borgnine in disguise?

Who the hell is he lol that's not me ;) :)

HEY WAIT HE DIED CHECK

Died: July 8, 2012, Los Angeles, California, United States
The following user(s) said Thank You: Squeak, DireWolf{WP****}, Pistolfuddyduddy

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #224270

• {BLK}{WOLF}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1669
lol he was a great actor 9k and lol was the voice oh mermaid man on spongbob till he passed the adam west aka ..60s batman took it over an tim Conway is still the voice for barnical boy lol ..both my top fav actors .....9 k ty for the honorable complament my brother ..my answer is a quote from one of the greatest musicians the ever lived ...dawane allmon ...he was asked what made him the monster picker he was he said ...ill teach anyone who wants to learn an open to learn from anyone who has somthin to teach ...un quote,,lol I live by that my brothers ...ty 9 k ur a great pilot an great guy so sigh me up as a member of the 9 k fanclub plz sir im open for the prez roll if not takin already lol ty ...kevinwayne....

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 9000, Squeak, DireWolf{WP****}, Pistolfuddyduddy, Myrlin {WP***}

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #224271

• {BLK}{WOLF}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
sky u have made ur name the great an oneand only honorable name it is today brother proud to be ur brother man ...but ill lay some names on ya just incase bro ....wileywolf stalkerwolf hunterwolf waywolf scrap or scraperwolf wildwolf nowwolf or ive really come to really love skywolf !!!!!!

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Squeak, DireWolf{WP****}, Pistolfuddyduddy, Myrlin {WP***}

Last edit: by {BLK}{WOLF}.

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #224274

• {BLK}{WOLF}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
drax ty brother string maker lol ...was proud to be ur wingman going out in a blaze of glory lol I would say I was havin an off game kill wise but think we was not only out numbered but also fightin some monster pilots ta boot lol sorry I couldn't do better 4 ya bro was supper cool of u guys to be fast on the draw to switch to help a poor brother like me out ty before I could even throttle up an fly u were switchin to0 help me !!!! you always have a friend here my brother ........kevinwayne

Attachments:

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #224277

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

KWH75 wrote: lol he was a great actor 9k and lol was the voice oh mermaid man on spongbob till he passed the adam west aka ..60s batman took it over an tim Conway is still the voice for barnical boy lol ..both my top fav actors .....9 k ty for the honorable complament my brother ..my answer is a quote from one of the greatest musicians the ever lived ...dawane allmon ...he was asked what made him the monster picker he was he said ...ill teach anyone who wants to learn an open to learn from anyone who has somthin to teach ...un quote,,lol I live by that my brothers ...ty 9 k ur a great pilot an great guy so sigh me up as a member of the 9 k fanclub plz sir im open for the prez roll if not takin already lol ty ...kevinwayne....

I never knew Iv made the 9k fan club :huh: and that ain't my alt. :angry: but your free to join any time brother

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #224280

• Pistolfuddyduddy
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • YEP
  • Thank you received: 913
ATTENTION PLEASE :

A truly monumental game took place last night, I was fortunate enough to catch the last 10 or 15 minutes of it.. Here's the bottom line, Viper had 100 verified by screen shot kills, and our newest member Jack Wolf also had a verified by screen shot total of fifty kills..

Note; The screen shots of the above totals were requested shortly before the end of game, I missed the end totals, so the exact counts could be higher .. Obviously the Skipper will review and post awards, this entry is only to announce the outstanding flying of the above .. Both Squeak, and Sky were also in the game which was won by a mostly Wolf Pack crew.. It was a real pleasure flying with you guys, my only disappointment was not getting in the game earlier.. An increadable effort I was proud to be a small part of! I'm hoping one of the pilots who was there longer will give a more detailed description of the effort..

Sky; I understand your frustration on the name issue. As a matter of fact I'm not sure which "Sky Wolf" was flying last night, I thought at first it was you, but between all the "squalk", the entense flying, and the short time I was there, maybe it wasn't .. Hmmm, obviously you need an ok from the Skipper to change, but I'm voting on Sky Dragon Wolf..

Silencer .. You still have the coolest name in the crew, sure hope you can take care of those other issues and rejoin 100% ASAP..

GI 9K... Brother Blacky knows that 9K isn't your altitude.. (He's normally that high anyway lol) and now that Squeak posted that picture of you were all in your fan club!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Squeak, Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP****}, Myrlin {WP***}

Last edit: by Pistolfuddyduddy.

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #224320

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

That was an epic game, and I think I was the only one who was there through the entire thing. Squeak got booted and Jack had to leave for a moment, but rejoined and started his count over. Imagine if he could have played the whole thing.... He may be sportin' two stars today.

Jenpui was there and !She from Hornbill, those guys are tough. They even managed to recruit a pilot from that game, BE viper BE was his name. I say glad they got him, he was good, but our squad doesn't have room for a second Viper. ;)

Padre don't diminish your involvement. You managed to do what I couldn't; put warheads on foreheads. I think you got 3 hangars which was the straw that broke the reds backs for sure.

I managed to get a screenshot of the final tally and sent it to our Skipper. When the awards get announced he will likely post it.

Jackwolf if you read this post I will need a good email addy for you, you can PM me so I can get your your new squad banner.

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: Squeak, DireWolf{WP****}, Pistolfuddyduddy, Myrlin {WP***}

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #224322

• Digger {WP}
  • Digger {WP}'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 550

Silencer I have to say I have to disagree with your thought process on squads and pilots having the same names. As the creator, founder and owner(I paid the 100,000 in game points to create the squad), of a successful squad named WOLF PACK, I should have some say on if there was to be another Wolf Pack created by anyone period! So its probably best for us to agree to disagree. But here is an example, if 4 people are in a car trying to decide on place to go for dinner but one of those people does not have any money and the other 3 people are going to pay for his dinner. Should the person with no money have a say in where they go for dinner? How about this one, should people you pay no taxes actually have a right to vote which has a direct impact on where tax dollars are spent? Things that make you go HHHMMM.

Anyway, I still say there should only be one name per squad and one name per pilot. Take Skywolf for instance, if one pilot named Skywolf is immature and disrespectful and the other Skywolf is a honorable pilot who belongs to a squad. Would it not be easy for people to mistake immature Skywolf for honorable Skywolf and possibly tarnishing honorable Skywolf reputation along with honorable Skywolf's squad reputation? I believe that to be very possible which is why I believe only one pilot should be able to use the name Skywolf.

So Skywolf, you have my blessing on changing your name. Just let me know what it is before you change it.
TOGETHER WE PROWL, UNITED WE HOWL

The following user(s) said Thank You: Squeak, Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP****}, Pistolfuddyduddy, Myrlin {WP***}

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #224325

• Digger {WP}

WOLF PACK SQUADRON
To All Who Shall See These Presents, Greeting:
This Is To Certify That
Wolf Pack Squadron MORAF & TRIPLE GOLD STAR Recipient
Has Awarded A
TRIPLE GOLD STAR & Designation of SHARPSHOOTER
To
Viper10
For His 112 Kills In A Single Game.
November 4, 2014

The following user(s) said Thank You: Squeak, Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP****}, Pistolfuddyduddy, Myrlin {WP***}

Last edit: by Digger {WP}.

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #224326

• Digger {WP}

WOLF PACK SQUADRON
To All Who Shall See These Presents, Greeting:
This Is To Certify That
Wolf Pack Squadron MORAF & TRIPLE GOLD STAR Recipient
Has Awarded A
SINGLE GOLD STAR & Designation of AIRMAN
To
Jackwolf
For His 52 Kills In A Single Game.
November 4, 2014

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #224331

• DireWolf{WP****}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4958
JackWolf, congrats on the star! Well done and happy to have you part of Wolf Pack.

OOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOO

Dire
The following user(s) said Thank You: Squeak, Viper10{WP}, Pistolfuddyduddy, Myrlin {WP***}

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #224335

• DireWolf{WP****}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
SkyWolf of WOLF PACK---glad Skipper understands the issue and approved a name change. You've earned it!

I suggest something you wrote-- WizardWolf. We have a Padre and why not a Wizard? Could cast some happy spells and keep our good luck rolling. I bet the talented HB could even make a cool banner.

Cheers,

Dire
The following user(s) said Thank You: Squeak, Viper10{WP}, Pistolfuddyduddy, Myrlin {WP***}

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #224340

• DireWolf{WP****}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Viper! Well done, my brother!

OOOOooooOOOOOO

Dire

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #224344

• Kamikaze King
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Death is just a part of life! Get used to it!!!
  • Thank you received: 2400
Hi my Wolfpack brothers!

Just a quick suggestion for a new name for Skywolf. It came to me earlier and now I can't get it out of my head. If I don't post it here now then it will drive me crazy all night and I'll not get any sleep!
SABREWOLF, as in sabre-toothed tiger. I checked pilots names and it hasn't been used, so it's another name for you to consider!

Keep fighting the good fight, Brothers!

Warning: Spoiler!

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #224370

• Squeak
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 362

Congrats on your star Jackwolf

Keep up the good work!

OOOOOOOOOOoooooooooWWWWWWWWoooooooOOOOOOoooo

Squeak
The following user(s) said Thank You: firecrasher, Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP****}, Pistolfuddyduddy, Myrlin {WP***}

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #224372

• Squeak
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 362

Great job Viper!

OOOOOOOOOOoooooooooWWWWWWWWoooooooOOOOOOoooo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP****}, Pistolfuddyduddy, Myrlin {WP***}

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #224377

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear

I would like to suggest "StratoWolf" as the new name for "SkyWolf". Kinda the same only different if that makes sense.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DireWolf{WP****}, Pistolfuddyduddy, Myrlin {WP***}

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #224378

• Pistolfuddyduddy
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • YEP
Kamikaze king, brother don't take this the wrong way, one of the great things about our squadrons pact is the regular visits from you, his horribleness, 9K, and all the other gun'z..

NOW.. You owe me hours of sleep for the nightmares I have every time I see THOSE EYES !! Holy Hanna they creep me out, which of course Is the point to start with, so I guess I should just congratulate you for the win..

The first time I opened that banner by accident they jumped out at me and I started crying like a six year old girl at a spider eating contest..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kamikaze King, Myrlin {WP***}

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #224386

• Myrlin {WP***}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1241

Honorable Wolves and DF Compatriots.
AOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOW
Firstly,I want to give a Wolf Salute to Viper and JackWolf for a magnificent showing in a truly EPIC game,which was attended and fought by yours truly on the red side. Opposing the wrath of unity is not something I hope do do again anytime in the near future. Even though I was on tbe losing team,I swelled with pride,knowing what I was witnessing was a truly rare event. KUDOS TO THE WOLF PACK!
Viper,JackWolf,Squeak,and Padre...hats off to ya,Gentlemen!
My second thought concerns SkyWolf,the name. What's in a name? Some might see a name and have fear strike them instantly. Some might see that same name and think "I have his number". Another might see a true legend of the game or simply "that funny guy" from our Squadron. We all react differently to other pilots. I don't see myself as just SkyWolf. I AM A WOLF PACK SQUADRON PILOT and BROTHER. I like to think I'm viewed as loyal and trusted,a contributing and valued brother Wolf. Thinking out loud is something I do,so I'm not looking for validation. You could simply call me Tom,Dick,or Harry,but in the end I AM A WOLF PACK PILOT, and damned proud of it! You are all brothers and sisters in my heart. So call me what you want,just don't call me late for dinner.
I accept the name change opportunity,but I do want to include all of you in the process,if you will. Thanks to those who have chimed in or howled already. SkyWolf was immitated but not duplicated.So I now consult the Brother and Sisterhood to be blessed and dubbed with my forever name. Thanks for putting up with my rant and request.
Your Brother,
James

Fear not the darkness, for when it is just dark enough, then , and only then, will you begin to see the light of the stars.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kamikaze King, Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP****}, Pistolfuddyduddy

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #224401

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear

James, you definitely are a loyal, trusted, valued, and contributing brother wolf. You absolutely are a Wolf Pack Pilot, and also a friend. I am proud to be in the squad with you.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DireWolf{WP****}, Pistolfuddyduddy, Myrlin {WP***}

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #224405

• Pistolfuddyduddy
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • YEP
James, I agree with Viper, I'm also proud to be in the Squadron with you, everything you said about the pack, our Wolf Pack is what I feel, and I'm pretty sure what we all feel ..a perfectly worded testament to the Squadron and friends ..

Congratulations bro you nailed it !!

Skippers blessed a name change so I'm entering my pick ..It's not flashy, but it's everything you said above.. How about "Brother Wolf"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP****}, Myrlin {WP***}

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #224409

• DireWolf{WP****}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Most certainly you are viewed as loyal, trusting and a valued brother SkyWolf. Proud to be part of your new name choice!

Often things work out for the best--and I'd say you have picked a very special name indeed.

Cheers!

Dire
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, Pistolfuddyduddy, Myrlin {WP***}

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #224661

• Myrlin {WP***}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Military "WOLF PACK" references I found while browsing a bit this morning. Interesting.

3rd Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion, a United States Marine Corps mechanized infantry battalion is known as "The Wolfpack"

Wolfpack (naval tactic), a system of submarine warfare used by the United States Navy and Germany during World War II

8th Fighter Wing, a United States Air Force unit nicknamed "Wolfpack"

HMH-466, a United States Marine Corps helicopter squadron known as the Wolfpack

HSL-45, a United States Navy Helicopter Anti-Submarine Squadron (Light) known as the Wolfpack

VF-1 Wolfpack (squadron), a U.S. Navy fighter squadron

Germany U-boat group. Wolfpack.

Fear not the darkness, for when it is just dark enough, then , and only then, will you begin to see the light of the stars.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Squeak, Viper10{WP}, Pistolfuddyduddy

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #224662

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear

Just to bring you up to speed, HSL-45 was redesignated HSM-75 as they now fly a different model H-60 and perform a different mission. The "Wolf Pack" name is still assigned to this squadron and the patch looks awesome! I may have to get me one.

As a matter of fact you should visit the squadrons homepage and check out the awesome empennage on the helicopter in the picture, 710, which would traditionally be the CO's bird.

When I was in HSL-48 we did a tail section like that with a snake coiled around it... there are photos somewhere on the net if you are so inclined.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Pistolfuddyduddy

Last edit: by Viper10{WP}.

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #224663

• Pistolfuddyduddy
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • YEP
Interesting, I just ordered my old Squadrons patch to put on my jacket.. I was in an anti submarine Squadron, VP-26..from early 67 to 71, We flew the Lockead P-3 Orian .. Cool patch I'll try to post some pictures of it.. I've sent a couple of you guys pictures of my bike, and have "tried" to post the same pictures on here but so far I can't seem to make it work.. I have a wolf on top of a Mesa tattoo that would make a great avatar .."IF" I could post it ..

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #224666

• Myrlin {WP***}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Viper10{WP} wrote: Just to bring you up to speed, HSL-45 was redesignated HSM-75 as they now fly a different model H-60 and perform a different mission. The "Wolf Pack" name is still assigned to this squadron and the patch looks awesome! I may have to get me one.

As a matter of fact you should visit the squadrons homepage and check out the awesome empennage on the helicopter in the picture, 710, which would traditionally be the CO's bird.

When I was in HSL-48 we did a tail section like that with a snake coiled around it... there are photos somewhere on the net if you are so inclined.

Does this look familiar? Some History to go with the VIPER name. Very Cool!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #224667

• Myrlin {WP***}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Great Stuff, Viper!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, Pistolfuddyduddy

Last edit: by Myrlin {WP***}.

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #224669

• Myrlin {WP***}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Pistolfuddyduddy wrote: Interesting, I just ordered my old Squadrons patch to put on my jacket.. I was in an anti submarine Squadron, VP-26..from early 67 to 71, We flew the Lockead P-3 Orian .. Cool patch I'll try to post some pictures of it.. I've sent a couple of you guys pictures of my bike, and have "tried" to post the same pictures on here but so far I can't seem to make it work.. I have a wolf on top of a Mesa tattoo that would make a great avatar .."IF" I could post it ..

Is this it, Padre?

The 1960s

The turbulent 60s again brought more firsts for Team Trident. In Mar 1960, while taking part in the NATO ASW exercise DAWN BREEZE, VP-26 became the first squadron in nearly a decade to operate from the base at Lann Bihoue, France. But as tensions accelerated in Cuba, VP-26 was once again called to arms. During the 1962 “Cuban Missile Crisis” several squadron aircraft were deployed on short notice to NAS Key West, FL. They arrived one day after President Kennedy’s Oct 22 1962 televised speech proclaiming that any nuclear missile attack from Cuba would be regarded as an attack by the Soviet Union and would be responded to accordingly. Over 1000 hours were flown in direct support of the Cuban Quarantine. In Oct 1964, VP-26 supplied one aircraft and crew for a month to work with the U.S. Army Special Forces at Pope AFB, NC. The P-2V was specially configured to be used as a high altitude jump platform for the Green Berets. Oct 1965 to Jan 1966, marked the beginning of a new era for VP-26. After fifteen years of faithful service, the P-2V “Neptune” was replaced by the P-3B “Orion”. On 4 Jan 1966, VP-26 became the Navy’s first operational P-3B squadron, when Commanding Officer CDR James H. Cullen ferried the first P-3B from Burbank, California to Naval Air Station Brunswick. On 24 Nov 1967, VP-26 deployed to Southeast Asia, operating from Sangley Point, Philippines and U-Tapao, Thailand. The Tridents averaged 1500 hours per month flying TEAM YANKEE and MARKET TIME combat patrols. MARKET TIME patrols consisted of seeking out sea born infiltrators from North Vietnam trying to deliver supplies to the Viet Cong along the southern coastline. This required aircrews to fly below 1000 ft, while using radar and their 1,000,000-candlepower searchlight to find and illuminate suspect targets. Shortly after midnight on 6 Feb 1968, a VP-26, P-3B (BuNo 153440) flown by (Combat Air Crew) CAC 8, was lost off the coast of South Vietnam while on a MARKET TIME patrol mission. The “Orion” had crashed into the sea with no survivors. Less then two months later, on 1 Apr 1968, in the same vicinity that CAC 8 was lost, a second P-3B (BuNo 153445) flown by CAC 1 came under fire by a .50 caliber antiaircraft gun. The P-3B was hit in the starboard wing, knocking out the #4 engine and starting a fire. All attempts to extinguish the flames were unsuccessful. Flying to low to bail out, the crew had to choose between ditching in hostile waters or attempt to make an emergency landing at Phu Quoc airfield less then 20 miles away. Within sight of the runway, and their wing still aflame, CAC 1 prepared to land their stricken aircraft. As the plane banked left onto its final approach, the starboard wing tore off between #3 and #4 engine, and the P-3B tumbled into the sea with no survivors. We will never forget the ultimate sacrifice, in the name of duty that these brave men gave for their country. A college scholarship established by the squadron memorializes them. Upon the squadron’s return on 2 Jun 1968, flight crewmembers were awarded several Air Medals, Vietnam Service, and Campaign Medals. In Aug 1968, the squadron was awarded the “E” for Battle Efficiency from FAW-3.

The 1970s

VP-26’s outstanding performance in the early seventies earned the squadron the Navy Unit Commendation, Chief of Naval Operation’s Safety Award, Meritorious Unit Commendation and an U.S. Atlantic Fleet Citation for Aviation Safety. VP-26 was named the Fleet Air Wing Atlantic recipient of the Chief of Naval Operations Safety Award for 1972. As a result of the squadron’s tactical efforts throughout 1973 and 1974, Patrol Squadron 26 was awarded the Capt. Arnold Jay Isbell Trophy for excellence in anti-submarine warfare. In 1975, the Tridents became actively involved in the celebration of America’s 200th birthday. As well as flying a 13-stared tail cap on their aircraft, over 100 men and women from VP-26 undertook the exterior renovation of the Pejepscot Historical Society Museum on Lincoln Street in Brunswick, ME. This effort earned VP-26 the honor of being designated a Navy Bicentennial Command. As the Fleets only active duty Bicentennial Squadron, the 1976 split-site deployment to Rota, Spain and Lajes, Azores gave VP-26 the opportunity to proudly display its Bicentennial colors throughout the Mediterranean, Europe and the North Atlantic. As a result of this highly successful deployment, the squadron received both the Golden Wrench Award for superior achievement in aircraft maintenance and readiness, and the Capt. Arnold Jay Isbell Trophy for the year of 1976. September of 1977 found the Tridents once more deployed to several strategic locations throughout the North Atlantic. Although primarily based in Bermuda and Lajes, VP-26 maintained detachments for varying lengths of time in the Panama Canal Zone, Ascension Island, Guantanamo Bay, Iceland, and Puerto Rico. Coordinated operations highlighted this deployment as Trident aircrews participated in numerous ASW exercises with NATO and Allied Naval Forces. Returning to NAS Brunswick in early 1978, the Tridents were awarded the Meritorious Unit Commendation, both the Silver and Golden Anchor Awards for retention excellence and the CNO Aviation Safety Award for operations conducted throughout 1976 and 1977. In Mar 1979, VP-26 began transitioning from the P-3B to the state of the art ASW aircraft, the P-3C Update II. On Jul 26, 1979 VP-26 accepted the first of the squadron’s Update II aircraft, and in Dec 1979 had the honor of receiving the 500th production P-3 (BuNo 161010).

The following user(s) said Thank You: Pistolfuddyduddy

The Official Wolf Pack Squadron 9 years 6 months ago #224671

• Myrlin {WP***}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Viper, I found a Facebook page dedicated to that group. Here's the link.
www.facebook.com/HSL48

The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}, Pistolfuddyduddy

Moderators: Digger {WP}DireWolf{WP}
Time to create page: 1.276 seconds