Darn... I'm at 3 weeks from 18 years...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Potential Moderators 9 years 6 months ago #217489

• *420*
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Genocide====>YOU
  • Thank you received: 543
The ONLY way to know that any one player follows all rules is...... wait you can't. Juaquin just hire a crew with you in Spain and it'll be settled. There won't be any of this "he said this""that mod is corrupt" blah blah blah. EVERYONE will nit pick at everyone else. Just say never mind, you're going to hire people to do it, and lock this thread.

If thats the way to exterminate, it'll take too freaken looonng
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, Wigbomb, --J--

Potential Moderators 9 years 6 months ago #217495

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 6460
CAN YOU READ?

#3 (paraphrased) Only post if you want to be a MOD.

Anyone that violated this dictum should not be considered, because they have shown no attention to details, which is important for a MOD to possess.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, Killer!, [NLR] Big*Joe, Chopper 15

Potential Moderators 9 years 6 months ago #217497

• Chopper 15
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • BURN BURN BURN!!!
  • Thank you received: 540

Paul Mantz, Jr. wrote: CAN YOU READ?

Anyone that violated this dictum should not be considered, because they have shown no attention to details, which is important for a MOD to possess.

Paul, I want to be a Mod, but I'm still 17 and not so far from 18, so I just posted to see if that could be "ignored" in some way, but I did read the specs and sorry if I wasn't clear B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr.

Potential Moderators 9 years 6 months ago #217514

• {O}__PREDATOR__
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • I play with my food.
  • Thank you received: 330
I'd liken to apply to be a mod because I have been playing for 2 years and have nothing but love wishes concerning the better of this game... If I am not chosen to be a global mod, I'd like to be a least a forum mod because I have my own squad. I am level 27 almost 28 and pretty well respected.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr., [*M] bware

Last edit: by {O}__PREDATOR__.

Potential Moderators 9 years 6 months ago #217515

• *420*
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Genocide====>YOU
  • Thank you received: 543

Paul Mantz, Jr. wrote: CAN YOU READ?

Lol paul....look ^

If thats the way to exterminate, it'll take too freaken looonng
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr.

Potential Moderators 9 years 6 months ago #217552

• Flying muck
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2749
Well I've just weeded out 99.5% of those askingbegging to be mods. What a bunch of egotistical self aggrandising idiots.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wigbomb, [*M]VonHuLK

Potential Moderators 9 years 6 months ago #217571

• --J--
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839
I am 49 years old, I live in Fernley, Nevada (near Reno). Pacific Time Zone. I usually play in the evenings, but on occasion I will play during the day.

I was happy to serve before, and I'll be happy to serve again.

If you build it, I will come.......and bomb it !!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, Livingdead99, woospy, [e]hammer_tool, Whiplash, [*M] bware, [NLR] McFate, CRAZYWOLF, [*M]VonHuLK, ZebraUp and 1 other people also said thanks.

Last edit: by --J--. Reason: Cant spell to save my life :)

Potential Moderators 9 years 6 months ago #217580

• [*M]bzerkbzerk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 6993
Additional thought here, true global model panel should be represented by those who spesk the many languages of those who play. More than one panel of mods, multiples.

Potential Moderators 9 years 6 months ago #217590

• Wigbomb
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Flarf
  • Thank you received: 5075

[*M] MISFIT CROCKETT wrote:

Wigbomb wrote:

[*M] MISFIT CROCKETT wrote: My so called personnel attacks were stating facts, just basic facts, I know how much facts upset you. As for the banner, pretty much everyone thinks it's hilarious given the circumstances as to how it came about, even most MOMS, but why digress,

Do I think I would make a good mod, why yes I do. I'm 63 and been around the block so to speak. Guess you could say I have a lot of experience, was even a prison cop for several years, a good one at that. One thing I never understood, how can a person who is suppose to be a moderator against language use the language himself. Why that's the definition of hypocrisy isn't it. My record stands for itself lol lol.

However it's not important for me to be a mod. It's only important to me that mods do eventually exist, no matter who ZUPERMAN chooses. Now MR, WIG, do you really want to keep this in the limelight?

"Limelight"? Uh...okay.

His "so-called" personal attacks were actually "facts"? There's my argument in a nutshell. Anyone who thinks his personal opinion to be fact, and who believes an attack banner, something I'd never contemplate doing publicly even to my least favorite person here, is fine because he and his friends think it's funny, is no one we need wearing a Dogfight Correctional Officer badge.

Oh, and in case readers are understandably confused, I'm not a "moderator against language"! I f*ckin' love me some language. If I were a puritanical language Nazi I'd ban anyone who subjected us to a double lol.

My point is made. Now you can take your thesaurus for your big words that EVERONE Is laughing at and be real proud.

Ok folks this will be my last post here. Lol you can't make this stuff up. Thank you.

My sincere apologies to EVERONE who's laughing at my big words. (No, you really can't make this stuff up, can you!)

Wigipedia

Potential Moderators 9 years 6 months ago #217594

• Weather[*M]an
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • C'est la vie
  • Thank you received: 2065
Ignorance has a way of enlightening us all.

Last edit: by Weather[*M]an. Reason: somethings are better left unsaid

Potential Moderators 9 years 6 months ago #217626

• Virus Ðemøñ
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 8

Hey ,

I wanna be moderator , I just passed my 18th birthday months ago.
And I'm on 29th rank now and about 3-4 months in game.

Well there is no harm in trying, I just threw my dice :) LOL

Rest is to Zuperman and its no begging

The reason I want is just to shut the month of those people who make this decent game unfit to play in front as well as with our family
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] bware, DireWolf{WP****}

Potential Moderators 9 years 6 months ago #217708

• RT
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 424
Hi. I would like to throw my hat in the ring to be a Mod. I am a level 31. Well into my sixties, (67) next month. I believe we need to try and change the tenor of World Chat and the comments in the game. I have always tried to stay above the level exhibited by some people in both venues. I believe we need to focus on respect, responsibility, appreciation of the game, and acceptance of responsibility for our own actions. I play most evenings and sometimes during the day. I live in Texas in the central time zone.

Regards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] bware, [*M]VonHuLK, ZebraUp

Potential Moderators 9 years 6 months ago #217718

• =TBH=|Jeromy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tanking reds down since.........TODAY!!!
  • Thank you received: 215
Sorry I know I'm putting this in the wrong thread its just I can never get zupermans attention so I would like u to look at the thread that says superman please look at this and all after that will be self explanatory thank u and also I guess when u read that thread it will kind of make sense to be in here and also the thread is in feed back and requests :)

Potential Moderators 9 years 6 months ago #217774

• Bill Maher
  • Thank you received: 92
I’ll help if you want. Now, for the long answer:

For most of my time playing this game (the better part of a year), I have largely been what message board nerds refer to as a “lurker”. I follow this forum (along with many others) and log in several times per day, but I have only a half dozen or so posts to my name. Most of my time in-game is spent playing rather than chatting as well. So, take my opinion for what it is worth, as I am certainly not a vocal contributor to the game.

Back in the heyday of America Online (mid 90s through early 2000s) I served in a “professional” capacity as a chat room and message board moderator for AOL. When the AOL “community” was relatively small, it was actually possible to police the content of those fora. There existed a document known as the Terms of Service (TOS) to which every AOL member agreed upon joining the service. The rules for conduct were for the most part clearly defined. Because we were essentially tasked with silencing and, in severe cases or in the case of repeat offenders, terminating the services of paying members, it was critical that those of us entrusted with policing the service were thoroughly familiar with these terms. Several others in this thread have pointed out the absence of such a list of terms for this game. Though this is not a paid service, there are players who have contributed financially to the game through in-game purchases. While these players may not be the ones likely to run afoul of the rules, there is still some grumbling that could occur about being deprived of services for which they have, to some degree, paid. Whether these grumblings have any legal ramifications or not is up to the lawyers in the crowd, but there seems to be sufficient reason to establish some type of written terms of service before any such terms are enforced.

Wig pointed out the negative impact of visible moderation. I witnessed the exact same thing in my time at AOL. Whenever those of us in “uniform” entered a chat room, it attracted the types of people with too much time on their hands who were intent on seeing how many times they could be gagged, kicked, terminated, etc. only to come back with a new stolen account or different IP. In fact, reading Wig’s post made me remember the handles of some of these troublemakers that I haven’t thought about in almost 2 decades. As the AOL community grew and chat rooms numbered in the thousands, it became increasingly impossible to police them. An emphasis on member empowerment appeared, with members able to report TOS violations themselves rather than rely upon the AOL police to respond. This game has a reporting feature, though I have no idea of how these complaints are processed or what tools are available to the game developer to deal with these types of people. The down side for AOL was that chat rooms became largely a free-for-all and AOL’s position as a “family-oriented” service with strict rules could no longer be maintained as it became just another ISP.

In contrast, this game is still relatively small. Even so, it would be impossible to expect a moderator to always be present in every game. That’s just reality. There will never be a time where it is 100% safe for someone to allow their child to play the game if they want to completely shield them from bad language, harassment, and so forth. Someone will create a forum thread at 3AM containing objectionable content that will be visible to someone before even the quickest moderator can take action. So, if the goal is to make this a sterile zone full of only happiness, good intentions, and rule-following, then the mission will fail before it begins.

With all that being said, if there are rules posted for both the forum and in-game behavior, would it be useful for someone (or multiple someones) to be given the tools to take action to enforce them? If the game’s creator does not have time to do so, then perhaps the answer is…perhaps. Especially with some of the garbage threads that have been posted here lately that serve no purpose other than to attack someone. Give someone the ability to remove a thread. Perhaps give them the ability to mute in-game or in the world chat, but without fanfare or in-chat announcements of “now you have been muted and shall be cast away into the Dogfight phantom zone!” or other such dramatic declarations that bring any more attention than needed. I’m not sure, quite frankly, than anyone even needs to know who these in-game moderators are as long as they are accountable to the game’s creator for their actions.

Given my relative quietness around here, I understand if I’m not the type that is being sought and it’s really no skin off my rear end either way. I log in throughout the day on breaks from work to amuse myself and I fly in the evening hours and weekends from the central U.S. Those of you that have been members of this community for far longer than I have are admittedly more versed in the history and successes/failures of past moderation attempts.

Bill
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wigbomb, --J--, [*M] bware, [NLR] McFate, RT, Mac, Squeak, [NLR] Big*Joe

Potential Moderators 9 years 6 months ago #217828

• D- CC RIDER
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Never suffer fools lightly .
  • Thank you received: 5843
Hi Zup I believe that something has to be done in the form of moderators when I have 2 10 year olds asking their uncle cc how long they have to wait to be able to join and play DF . We were watching world chat while I explained the great values and comerade ship of this game . when this suddenly appeared on the chat . I had a hard time explaining why people feel they have to talk like this on a game that is meant for all ages. Embarasing for them no for me yes after they went and explained what they had seen to their mother ( my youngest sister ).Needless to say no DF for them and a strong what the heck are you showing my kids something like that from my sis. Thanks Zebra you are a class act. :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: Livingdead99, [*M]VonHuLK, [*M]ONSTER CANNON, ZebraUp, jenpui......kamei

Potential Moderators 9 years 6 months ago #217865

• Kamikaze King
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Death is just a part of life! Get used to it!!!
  • Thank you received: 2400
I would like to be considered for a position as a moderator.

I am 39 years young, I live in England (GMT+0) and I am usually on between 19:00hrs and 01:00hrs on weekdays and between 11:00hrs and 01:00hrs on weekends.

I have been playing since March this year and I am currently at level 29.

I always try and show all players respect in the hopeful belief that they will show me respect in return.
I am all for friendly rivalry in the game, but when this breaks down and becomes threats of personal violence, this cannot be tolerated. I have 2 daughters aged 8 and 5 who like to sit and watch whilst I play and chat on WC and I would like to be able to let them do so, but with some of the bad language exhibited, it is becoming more difficult to allow them to watch because of the outbursts.

Zup, I don't envy you at the moment as it looks as if you are damned if you do and damned if you don't, but I am more than willing to help out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gizmo., [*M] bware, [NLR] McFate, [*M]ONSTER CANNON, 9000, [NLR] Big*Joe, jenpui......kamei

Potential Moderators 9 years 6 months ago #217866

• Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • NEVER TRUST ME ITS A WARNING
  • Thank you received: 848
Yayy somebody that lives in UK finnaly I vote for kami he deserves it :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gizmo., Kamikaze King, jenpui......kamei

Potential Moderators 9 years 6 months ago #218077

• Lone Player
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Play clean and have good reputation.
  • Thank you received: 671
Hi Zupperman.

I'm 41 years old, and I live in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and I think we are unmoderated in South America My time zone is GMT -. 3.
I am level 17 in the game.

The main goal is to make the game enjoyable for all ages, the game and the forum to which I try to make the Brazilian players use the forum to interact with other players and understand the theme and coexistence. Sometimes use the global chat to warn other players who posted in the forum. I communicate very well during the game and players with private messages and moderators about the game.

I play daily on alternate horáios between night and dawn during the week and on weekends and late night.

I want to know a little more of the game when you have access to a more refined game. My desire to be a global moderator is to have a representative from South America that uses games even before the arrival of consoles such as the Atari until the arrival of Dogfight and cause it to continue to delight as a child to an elderly person want to spend time playing this game in the true spirit of sportsmanship.

Potential Moderators 9 years 6 months ago #218282

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i'm not bad. i'm just drawn that way
  • Thank you received: 9806
I believe time is almost up, so I will keep it short, I would like to volunteer myself to help on this task. I live in the island of Puerto Rico, Eastern Time zone and yessss I am over 25. :kiss:
P.S. : I speak Spanish and English and I am a Libra :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: TOPH, [TFL] Robert33, [TFL] muziki1, [NLR] Big*Joe

Last edit: by Acegirl.

Potential Moderators 9 years 6 months ago #218303

• Garbo
  • Thank you received: 19
Vote for Garbo!

Qualifications:

1. Fresh Boarder

2. Experienced sock puppet of a sock puppet's sock puppet, twice removed.

3. Wondering who I am? Nonhint: Garbo spelled backwards is Obrag. Look it up. Wait, I'll save you the trouble. I just googled it and it seems there actually are people and things named Obrag. I am none of those. Guess again...

4. My favorite recent inbred dog mutation is the wire haired Vizsla.

5. All seeing

6. All knowing

7. Liar

8. But only because I have to lie. Being all-seeing and all-knowing, if I told the truth all the time, you would all be, like, freaking out and junk.

9. Considerate and respectful toward others. See 8.

10. Will do my best to clean up this here town and make it spic and span, so clean a virgin-born infant could eat poop off the floor, and poop out loaves and fishes, which we could all proceed to eat off the floor, because it's so gosh-danged clean it's like, gleaming and junk. So clean the same said infant could drink pee and pee out wine, all over the loaves and fishes, as we were eating them off the floor, which we would have no qualms about doing because, again, it's a frikking clean-arsed floor. By golly! No offense, Jesus. But that's how strongly I feel about it. Cleanliness, that is. Not miracles involving the transmogrification of human excrement by the baby Jesus. That was just a metaphor. For how clean and safe I will make you all feel, once you elect me as moderator.

Now get busy and Vote for Garbo!

Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gizmo., Joseph Goebbels

Last edit: by Garbo.

Potential Moderators 9 years 6 months ago #218310

• Gizmo.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 908
Think you've nailed it there Garbo lol. :whistle:

Potential Moderators 9 years 6 months ago #218315

• Longrifle
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 876
I'm not sure I would call the wirehair recent, just a recent discovery by suburban America, like their Deutsche cousins in grey.
This Gun's For Hire

Potential Moderators 9 years 6 months ago #218335

• [*M]ONSTER CANNON
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 9167

Acegirl wrote: I believe time is almost up, so I will keep it short, I would like to volunteer myself to help on this task. I live in the island of Puerto Rico, Eastern Time zone and yessss I am over 25. :kiss:
P.S. : I speak Spanish and English and I am a Libra :lol:

Libra...perfect qualifications :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, Acegirl, Kamikaze King

Potential Moderators 9 years 6 months ago #218339

• Wigbomb
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Flarf
  • Thank you received: 5075
What this game needs is more zodiacally conscientious moderators.

Wigipedia
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, Kamikaze King

Potential Moderators 9 years 6 months ago #218340

• Rudolf Rednose
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 2783
Did Zup mention 'soundness of mind'?

I like the 'by golly'! Never hear that anymore........(or is it 'talk like a pirate day'?)

Love your post!

Last edit: by Rudolf Rednose.

Potential Moderators 9 years 6 months ago #219655

• [e]hammer_tool
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • ut malleus omnia similis clavum
  • Thank you received: 1285

was there any update on the Mods?

ut malleus omnia similis clavum

Potential Moderators 9 years 6 months ago #219664

• Angelic Silencer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Who is this mysterious person who only Silences???
  • Thank you received: 291

[e]hammer_tool wrote: was there any update on the Mods?

i don't think so....think we are still waiting for zup to decide.....
Silencing.....Silencing.....Silencing.....now only if i could mute people.....

Time to create page: 0.569 seconds