Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Potential Moderators 9 years 4 months ago #228989

• [TFL] muziki1
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 180
I have had a change of heart. I am now putting myself forward as moderator and think I will do a jolly good job!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Potential Moderators 9 years 4 months ago #229054

• --J--
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839

CalvinIsAwesome wrote: J, DXP, didn't you guys used to be mods? What happened?

Anyway, you both have my vote. Two of the best guys and players I met on here.

Thanks,

In answer to your question...I'm not sure exactly what happened. I guess a short answer would be a moderator or some moderators may or may not have gotten out of hand. This might have caused concerns for Zup, but then again his concerns may have been unrelated. Ultimately the global mods were disbanded (except for one). I know this probably makes no sense, but after i checked in with Zup to make sure it was not my actions that caused the disbanding, I stayed clear of the controversy because I didn't want to make a bad situation worse by involving myself in something about which I had no first hand knowledge.

If you build it, I will come.......and bomb it !!!

Potential Moderators 9 years 4 months ago #229126

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
  • Thank you received: 2818

--J-- wrote:

CalvinIsAwesome wrote: J, DXP, didn't you guys used to be mods? What happened?

Anyway, you both have my vote. Two of the best guys and players I met on here.

Thanks,

In answer to your question...I'm not sure exactly what happened. I guess a short answer would be a moderator or some moderators may or may not have gotten out of hand. This might have caused concerns for Zup, but then again his concerns may have been unrelated. Ultimately the global mods were disbanded (except for one). I know this probably makes no sense, but after i checked in with Zup to make sure it was not my actions that caused the disbanding, I stayed clear of the controversy because I didn't want to make a bad situation worse by involving myself in something about which I had no first hand knowledge.

J, I have always liked you you did it very good job and have always been respected in the community of dogfight, But you know who the problem was and what he was doing it was a single moderator who would Lock threads delete post and never offer an exclamation as to why his attitude was it's my way or no way this became a source of great concern in the community up dog fight that's when Z ditch the monitors to let things cool off
I could care....But I dont

Potential Moderators 9 years 4 months ago #231200

• [TFL] muziki1
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Was wondering if anyone has any news about the moderator selections?

Potential Moderators 9 years 4 months ago #231218

• Mongo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly like its stolen shoot like you mean to keep it
  • Thank you received: 6558
What selections.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction
(.Y.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: RT, [TFL] muziki1

Potential Moderators 9 years 4 months ago #231242

• CRAZYWOLF
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • CRAZY! ME?
  • Thank you received: 1040

[*M] TR wrote: What selections.

Better question is Where Is Zuperman?

Think you're going Crazy? Great! When you get there look me up and I'll show you around.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [TFL] muziki1

Potential Moderators 9 years 4 months ago #231279

• [TFL] muziki1
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

[*M] TR wrote: What selections.

Any

Potential Moderators 9 years 4 months ago #231334

• Mac
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • They Hate me, but They Can't get Enough of me...
  • Thank you received: 1411
Zup, I'm getting desperate. I'm mere hours away from posting copies of some of the pms and emails I've sent you.

Please. Help me. All I want is a lousy pm or a message.
You're getting predictable, guys. You can do better, right?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr CurtisShoe

Potential Moderators 9 years 4 months ago #231409

• Dr CurtisShoe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 802
No kidding. We go from an all fire effort weeks ago to straighten things out. And, as usual, an outpouring from the community backing it..........and now, again.................crickets...

Potential Moderators 9 years 4 months ago #231418

• |111th|tSwopCaml
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 809
I nominate a reinstitution of General Jack, "420", xxREIDxx as moderators... they did a fabulous job in the past and they need to be included as moderators in the future.

Potential Moderators 9 years 4 months ago #231419

• |111th|tSwopCaml
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
The fact remains if pilots wouldnt pursue the "grey areas" and double standards of the past then we wouldnt be in this position of no moderators. If pilots wouldnt have rebuked Gen Jack and the rest who were doing a fabulous job then we wouldnt be in this boat.

The problem is that the ones who "whined about the moderators" which were the ones that needed moderation that ruined it to the point where we have no moderators...thats what is sad.

Potential Moderators 9 years 4 months ago #231420

• |111th|tSwopCaml
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
...also it appeared that some moderators needed to be moderated and I'm not referring to Reid, 420 or Gen Jack or Kevy in that mix....that too ruined it

Potential Moderators 9 years 4 months ago #231436

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
It's now Dec 8th. The last time zup logged in to his account was Nov 24th. :huh:

He said he had some personal issues... I hope he's okay.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp

Potential Moderators 9 years 4 months ago #231440

• Quit Bug J4ff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 572

McFate wrote: It's now Dec 8th. The last time zup logged in to his account was Nov 24th. :huh:

He seems to be ok.Well i say that because hes active online most days(twitter account active 50 mins ago).

Also Mini dogfight has had several updates.Latest was November 28th
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mac

Potential Moderators 9 years 4 months ago #231454

• Thulsa Doom
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Doom knows.
  • Thank you received: 511

McFate wrote: It's now Dec 8th. The last time zup logged in to his account was Nov 24th. :huh:

I saw Zup in WC this morning around 6:30 am EST and he said he restarted the servers for us. I jumped at the chance to ask him to give us the tools to help us help ourselves and give us mods but I received no response or confirmation of being heard... :unsure:
Just sharing what I saw and did.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mongo, Rudolf Rednose, Dr CurtisShoe, Doggy Dix

Potential Moderators 9 years 4 months ago #231494

• Rudolf Rednose
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 2783

Quit Bug J4ff wrote:

He seems to be ok.Well i say that because hes active online most days(twitter account active 50 mins ago).

Also Mini dogfight has had several updates.Latest was November 28th

Cool DF T-shirt! Zup should sell those....

My wife would kill me if I wore one, but just to support getting this game along I would buy one.

Or could this go with the new 'upgraded' paid version?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr CurtisShoe

Potential Moderators 9 years 4 months ago #231538

• [TFL] muziki1
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
They seek him here, they seek him there, they see him........... :woohoo:

Potential Moderators 9 years 4 months ago #231553

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
J, Reid, MAYBE Jasmine (IDK exactly what happened the first time that got her status revoked, but I do remember the post she made in response! :laugh: ), Paul on the forum and in game if he can, Kevy, and pretty much anyone who's been here a really long time. We know who we trust to moderate us.

Joaquin, if you read this, I'd like to apologize for my outburst towards you a few weeks ago. I know that there has got to be some issues that we don't know about. I had no cause to be so rude. My basic points, however, still stand. Funding is being offered, and yet we have no funding. I don't know where the money goes, I don't know what it costs to run servers, I don't know what you pay the rest of Echoboom, so I do understand that there's recurring costs, and it can't all go towards Squad Wars or DF Elite. However, we would love to hear from you more often, maybe even see some numbers so we know where the money goes.

Thanks for all the work that you DO put in.
See you in the skies!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mongo, Dr CurtisShoe

Potential Moderators 9 years 3 months ago #236915

• [*M] bware
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • raised on a moisture farm, moved to a point farm
  • Thank you received: 2173

zuperman wrote: Hi

I've been giving some thought to the moderator system. The way it was was not working. It had several problems:

1) Moderators must have fun but not be disrespectful towards other players. They have to promote good faith or good 'vibes' for everyone, not only their close friends.
2) Moderators have a big responsibility towards the community as whole. This means, being a global moderator is above any squad ownership.
3) Moderators have to collaborate among themselves. It was never fair that 3 mods did most of the work while many other just watched on the side lines.

So let's give it a try, yet again. Obviously the position is open to anyone including the previous mods that did an awesome job. But this time here is the trick:

First stage, deadline until September 30th.

1) You MUST be over 18 years old.
2) You MUST be at least rank 19 or higher.
3) Propose yourself on the thread if you want to be a moderator. Don't propose other people, just yourself if you want to be mod. You can also explain why you want to be a mod and what will be your goal. Make it fancy with details and your rulebook and swearing statement to the Dogfight community or keep it short and just put your name. Up to you.
4) Always remember that although this is a game and you are volunteering, you are also part of the image of Dogfight and Echoboom. Which means, that if you make something that could damage the game or company reputation, we would be forced to cut you off. In short, don't be a jerk and do good.
5) It is important to include where physically you are located and your timezone. Also the times you are usually online. It's ok to have several mods on the same timezone but we can't have all only playing at the same time and 7 hours of chaos.

Second stage, to be announced, the selection process.

Third stage, the selected mods will be global forum moderators and when a new system is in place, in-game moderators too.

This would come in handy about now
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}

Potential Moderators 9 years 3 months ago #237091

• baron rojo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3431

oderadores potenciales 3 meses hace 6 días # 217318
BARON ROJO
AHORA EN LÍNEA
Platinum Boarder

Gracias recibidas: 512
Yo haria ONU exclusivo hilo Para Los Moderadores, Donde se revisaria de tareas, en la mayoria de los Casos, en solitario con juzgarlo 3 mods deberia sufuciente ser, párr decisión Una Tomar, en solitario y en los Casos mas Conflictivos deberian Todos en conjunto Tomar la decisión.
Asi seria mas rapido, logicamente Si no hay Acuerdo Entre Estós 3 mods, se recurriria un Todo Los Funciones repartiria mods.tambien (UNOS informarian y Otros juzgarian dependjendo De Que moderador estubiese activo en el juego, Creo Que ESO lo haria mas facil.y Por Su Puesto haria Unas Normas Generales del juego párr CUMPLIR basicas.especificando Cuales serian Motivo de sancion Y Que sancion conllevaria DICHA accion.

Potential Moderators 9 years 3 months ago #237094

• baron rojo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

baron rojo
NOW ONLINE
Platinum Boarder

Thank you received: 512
Yo haria un hilo exclusivo para los moderadores, donde se revisaria todo, en la mayoria de los casos,solo con juzgarlo 3 mods deberia ser sufuciente, para tomar una decision, y solo en los casos mas conflictivos deberian todos en conjunto tomar la decision.
Asi seria mas rapido, logicamente si no hay acuerdo entre estos 3 mods, se recurriria a todo los mods.tambien repartiria funciones (unos informarian y otros juzgarian dependjendo de que moderador estubiese activo en el juego,creo que eso lo haria mas facil.y por su puesto haria unas normas generales del juego para cumplir basicas.especificando cuales serian motivo de sancion y que sancion conllevaria dicha accion.

Potential Moderators 9 years 3 months ago #237095

• baron rojo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Potential Moderators 3 months 6 days ago #217326
baron rojo
NOW ONLINE
Platinum Boarder

Creo humildemente que todos aquellos pilotos que hayan tenido problemas graves o no tan graves con otros pilotos y que de hecho se siguen llevando mal, no deberian ni tansiquiera solicitar ser un mods.tampoco los que fueron y solo buscaban su bien riendose y aprovechandose de su nombramiento.creo que tofas esas personas que hicieron daño a nuestro querido juego no deberian solicitarlo o en su caso no ser admitidos.

Potential Moderators 9 years 3 months ago #237096

• baron rojo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Potential Moderators 3 months 1 week ago #217217
baron rojo
NOW ONLINE
Platinum Boarder

Hola zuper chicos.yo lo haria estaria dispuesto a que este juego sea mejor se.acaben los insultos hacia mi persona y hacia los demas, que sea limpio.juego mucho de dia y de noche soy miy adicto al foro y velaria por este maravilloso juego tengo 48 años soy nivel 31 llevo jugando mas de 3 aunque algo menos en el foro, e visto como año tras año a ido creciendo y estaria dispuesto a seguir aportando mi experiencia y ecuanimidad para toda la familia de.dogfight.soy español vivo en madrid.(lo siento no escribi antes por que
No habia visto el tema) por el curro llevo unos dias un poco liado bueno aqui dejo mi silicitud.

Potential Moderators 9 years 3 months ago #237097

• baron rojo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Potential Moderators 3 months 1 week ago #217219
baron rojo
NOW ONLINE
Platinum Boarder

No imagine que se volveria a hacer espero por el bien del juego, que se haga mejor.no se debe tapar nada, no debe haber fovoritismos ni facilidades hacia otros pilotos o escuadrones por el hecho de ser moderador de dicho escuadron, y sobre todo no ser prepotente o subido de galones hacia todos los demas.debe ser respetuoso y hombre de honor hacia toda la comunidad y dar ejemplo para todos los demas.
Yo estaba contento con el zuper, creo que hace un trabajo genial hera el unico que lo podia hacer, pero si necesita ayuda hay estaremos ofrecuendosela en lo que podamos hacerlo.

Potential Moderators 9 years 3 months ago #237193

• The War Doctor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • War. Terrible war. The only true human constant.
  • Thank you received: 1274
[*M]TheWarDoctor
Unit: Misfits Squadron, Evaluation Officer
Lvl: 24.
Game Time: 1 year.

I'm placing an application here to become a moderator. I'm not very well know, save the Misfits and a few others. My reason for requesting to become a moderator is because SOMETHING has to be done. Something. Zuperman is ONE person. One person in charge of a game that hundreds of thousands of people play, 24 hours a day. I am not one to be drawn into any drama, though I freely admit slips have occurred. The drama is what will keep this game from becoming a great one. It's why I left for months and then come back, because I miss my friends that I have made in game. I believe that the rules that have been set in this game are fair rules and that they should be easy to follow. I'm tired of the debating, it's not fixing our problems, it's only making things worse. And that's why I'm here. To fix a major problem. I don't want to be a mod, I want to play this game and live a normal life, but we need someone to do SOMETHING other than muse philosophy about the human condition in an online community. As a mod, I will maintain to the best of my ability a standard and code of ethics that will be universal. In the forum, I will remove the flame posts that litter the gossip threads, but I will leave the squads to their own devises. In game, I will be impartial and my methods will be empirical. I will be fair, I will be just, and I will be as effective as I can, for everyone here. I have the game on both my phone and PC. Therefore I have access to the forum anytime I'm needed.
What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace, and sanity.

The following user(s) said Thank You: CalvinIsAwesome

Last edit: by The War Doctor.

Potential Moderators 9 years 3 months ago #237196

• DD| Mr. Brandman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Why not have fun killing your friends?
  • Thank you received: 325
I would nominate myself but i fall short in age. I fit all of the other requirements except age. Im 15, almost 16
The Brandyman can.....

Potential Moderators 9 years 3 months ago #237639

• DD| Mr. Brandman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Why not have fun killing your friends?
  • Thank you received: 325

Mr. Brandman wrote: I would nominate myself but i fall short in age. I fit all of the other requirements except age. Im 15, almost 16

How strict are you on age zup
The Brandyman can.....

Potential Moderators 9 years 3 months ago #237656

• Kamikaze King
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Death is just a part of life! Get used to it!!!
  • Thank you received: 2400

Kamikaze King wrote: I would like to be considered for a position as a moderator.

I am 39 years young, I live in England (GMT+0) and I am usually on between 19:00hrs and 01:00hrs on weekdays and between 11:00hrs and 01:00hrs on weekends.

I have been playing since March this year and I am currently at level 29.

I always try and show all players respect in the hopeful belief that they will show me respect in return.
I am all for friendly rivalry in the game, but when this breaks down and becomes threats of personal violence, this cannot be tolerated. I have 2 daughters aged 8 and 5 who like to sit and watch whilst I play and chat on WC and I would like to be able to let them do so, but with some of the bad language exhibited, it is becoming more difficult to allow them to watch because of the outbursts.

Zup, I don't envy you at the moment as it looks as if you are damned if you do and damned if you don't, but I am more than willing to help out.

Zup, my good man, I am still willing to help out should you feel the game and forum require it.

Potential Moderators 9 years 3 months ago #238230

• The War Doctor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • War. Terrible war. The only true human constant.
  • Thank you received: 1274
I'm going to give this a bump for Zuperman and anyone else. This is the most recent mod recruiting thread.
What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace, and sanity.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kamikaze King

Potential Moderators 9 years 3 months ago #238251

• 111th|Royal Flush
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Play your cards, show us what you've got...
  • Thank you received: 590
I would liker to throw my hat in the ring, im 18, live on the eastern seaboard (GMT -5 i belive) and im normally on around 8pm-12am EST and sometimes other random times.

-Royal Flush

Time to create page: 0.556 seconds