Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #128931

• Captain Noushbag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • That's not flying, that's just falling with style
  • Thank you received: 1228
Yep, those are generally the 3 spineless douchebags who don't care if the game is lopsided. Tunnel-visioned, single minded, blood thirsty, scavenging, opportunist F-Tards who will gang up on a 7-1 odd and SK them to hell. After all the recent talk about camping and SK, ya know what, I say? Play your game the way you want to play--want to camp? Then camp. Want to SK? Then SK. And I'll play the game I want to....going after campers and SK'ing the SK'ers. I especially enjoy the very manly, head-on sniping. :woohoo: It may not be the best strategy but it's dam macho :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Is this TASKING? I'm inclined to think it is not but who cares? The campers like a good challenge so me going after them should be no problem.

BUT, even the said campers and those in favor of SK all unanimously agree, it is just plain out bad form and the cowardliness of acts to SK the shit out of the one in 7-1 lopside. What satisfaction can anyone get out of that?

been Noushed lately?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Captain Noushbag.

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #128932

• Whiplash
  • Whiplash's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Been Doomed since 1990!
  • Thank you received: 3010

Flyingmuck wrote: Fair point at the end there Whip.
And Noush seems you already have the one in your sights, Loewenhardt, I asked him if he was carrying and what got me was he straight out said no, none of his side where even close to our carrier I told him it was a low thing to do in such a lopsided game, he just carried on, I quit.

Well I think the fact that he is already on the list says we have the right people on there. The list isn't made up of people on a whim, it's pure scum. So, for everyone we have made a list so you all know who they are and we will shoot them down and tie them up so everyone can play does anyone think that's a bad idea?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3Aj5cS2yr1O2fenK2

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #128941

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 6460
In Korea acnd Viet Nam, my squad was tasked with taking out the "secret" Chinese and Russian aces.

We did it....we didn't brag about it.

We'll never make the History or Military channels. We are secret for a couple of more years.

I miss my unheralded friends....they deserve to be honored.

It's been long enough...USA government.

Last edit: by Paul Mantz, Jr..

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #128946

• Whiplash
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Paul Mantz, Jr. wrote: In Korea and Viet Nam, my squad was tasked with taking out the "secret" Chinese and Russian aces.

We did it....we didn't brag about it.

We'll never make the History or Military channels. We are secret for a bunch more years.
I miss my unheralded friends....

I don't want to start a misunderstanding discussion so I will ask what do you mean Paul? We have to be public and known or the system doesn't work IMO. Maybe I misunderstood what was posted...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Captain Noushbag

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #128948

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
What I mean..is that the posting of "scores" is just bragging.

Do the job and don't brag.

Fine, you shot down 8 million pilots.

They are VIRTUAL....NOT REAL.

It hurts your heart when they are are real. They are men with families. There is real blood and death. When you see and feel it....it's much different.

That was our job. We didn't and couldn't brag. We did the job.

We choke up our feelings
The following user(s) said Thank You: Flying muck

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #128953

• Whiplash
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Paul Mantz, Jr. wrote: What I mean..is that the posting of "scores" is just bragging.

It hurts your heart when they are are real. They are men with families. There is real blood and death. When you see and feel it....it's much different.

We choke up our feelings

OK still lost...who's posting scores?

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #128955

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Never mind. If you haven't seen them.

No big deal.

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #128959

• Whiplash
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Paul Mantz, Jr. wrote: Never mind. If you haven't seen them.

No big deal.

OK well sorry Paul, I must be slipping usually I see all and know all muuuwwaaahahahahaha!

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #128966

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 13215
Well just had another one, lt COL sucker punched a blue. It was an excellent game, he left immediately so he didnt ruin the game.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Spectre-Blackstar

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #128970

• Spectre-Blackstar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "..with a garlic aroma that could level Tacoma"
  • Thank you received: 742
RamboIII is a teamkiller and bombs own base.

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #128973

• Whiplash
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Davy Crockett wrote: Well just had another one, lt COL sucker punched a blue. It was an excellent game, he left immediately so he didnt ruin the game.

Sorry Davy I have to be picky please post full in game name and offense. Like is it

COL / Team killer
lt col / Team killer

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #128974

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Sorry Whip, LIEUTENANT COL
The following user(s) said Thank You: Whiplash

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #128977

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836

Paul Mantz, Jr. wrote: What I mean..is that the posting of "scores" is just bragging.

We choke up our feelings

I understand what you mean. I haven't felt going and killing people or any of that stuff don't get me wrong. I understand how you would feel it as bragging. But is bragging by showing pictures of your best K/D or highest score in a game bad. I find it to be fun competition to see who can get the best K/D or the most amount of kills in game. I don't by all means go out there thinking ok today I get the more kills than anyone in a game or I get the best K/D anyone has ever had. Its more of by oh look this is cool this is the most kills I have gotten in a game or the best k/d I have gotten. Its a just a fun thing people like to do. I don't see how it would be to bad because we are not killing real pilots or real people we are killing virtual planes and virtual tanks and parachute's. I could see how it would be wrong to be bragging about shooting down and killing other pilots in a real life war. But in a virtual aircraft game let people have there fun.

I also mean no disrespect to you at all. Just giving my point of view.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr., Gizmo.

Last edit: by SkyDavis.

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #128990

• Captain Noushbag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Well hot dam! My best K/D thread is nothing but bragging...Paul has a valid point...always thought of it more in terms of competition myself but I can see how it could be annoying. I'm such an ass sometimes, I'll ask a mod to delete it

been Noushed lately?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr.

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #128991

• Whiplash
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

TASK LIST has been updated with two new watch players

Lieutenant Col - Team Killer
Rambo III - Team Killer

If anyone else sees them exhibiting this type of behavior please let us know and thanks for supporting TASK!

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #128998

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Kill/death ratios?

How about WINS?

Isn't THAT the object?

Kind of proud of mine.

I don't mean to put down personal achievements.
I've just always felt it's a team game.

My wins..are team wins.
I guess I've been playing incorrectly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gizmo., [*M] bware, JacobR

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #129238

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Was just in good game when KTM530 came in took 3 of his own hangers then left real quick
Attachments:

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #129317

• Spectre-Blackstar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "..with a garlic aroma that could level Tacoma"
  • Thank you received: 742
Had a really nasty team-killer tonight.
JIHAD *** SYUHADA
This dork took off shooting every blue in front of him. Then, tanked and TKed them from behind a building.
I just kept taking him down until I got booted.
Was worth every bit of it!!!

This guy needs a perma-ban.

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #129321

• snobumm1
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 686
I second that on that jihad moron ...tonight as well I saw him ready to take me out in a tank upon spawn ...at my own airbase . The reds let me at him though and I skd the crap out of him and he never saw air .....and never will in a game with me .

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #129324

• snobumm1
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 686
A player dropping their bomb or sneaking way around to bomb suckes .....we all hate that ! But anyone who tries to enforce that as something you cant do .....or even shame a player for it is GROSSLY OVER STEPPING YOUR BOUNds. You falt cant tell some one you have to carry period . Its a game and if thats the wqy they play then too bad . I hate it too but what I hate far more is over regulation . If you get a dropper or sneaker and dont like it find another server . End of story . As far as sk pukes go ....well thats simple let the victims deal out a heap of sk to the bad guy as his team lets them pass ..they will stop if they see no one not even your own team tolerates tk or sk ESPECAILLY WITH A TANK . WHY THE ENDLESS DEBATES AND CHATTER .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #129357

• dino spider
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 335

I will third that on jihad moron, team killed me on take off and tried again so I put him down. First time I have ever done this and hopefully tha last.
...Along came a SPIDER...

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #129366

• Captain Noushbag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
3 testaments, same terrorist named dirtbag....looks like we got ourselves a winner Whip

been Noushed lately?

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #129370

• Whiplash
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Captain Noushbag wrote: 3 testaments, same terrorist named dirtbag....looks like we got ourselves a winner Whip

Indeed we do:

JIHAD *** SYUHADA / Team Killer added
ktm530 / Traitor added to watch list

Thanks for supporting TASK!

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #129373

• *EOI* RAPTOR
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 5126
Hey TASK,
So what do you do with the people on your list? How is the penance forced, I mean because there isn't mods on here to to ban or mute.
If a player is put on your list, is it still the "once on the list, forever on the list" ?. This was suppose to Bea rehabilitation list from what I gathered in the beginning of the thread, that quickly turned into condemnation. What is TASK's position to date on the rehab? TASK has decided to cherry pick the what will be considered the worst of the worst in offensive play, that is TK and SK. Potty mouths are for the black list, I'm sure I read previously, when really they can be much more offensive and game debacling the the other two offense's.
I'm going off of the previous propaganda that was posted here. Blacklist was in effective for taking care of the offensive players with the muting and banning (which none of TASK can do). Yet the mods were set up as a nutrual party to punish and report bad behavior to Zup. In other words the Mods had the owner/creator's backing and blessing, which to my understanding TASK does not have either.
Keep in mind guys the Mods became more in effective do to Zups instruction's. He may have felt that the banning was hurting enrollment, I'm guessing here all I do know is that the mods were told to ease way up on punishments to players.
I have personally witnessed Zup take out a team killer, honestly that's the only kill I've seen him make. Anyway, point is he must be like minded as you and for that matter most of us at DF, but still, he clamped down on the mods....... Think about it guys all I'm saying.
whip, you and I go way back, I know your intetions , and you are working to make the game better for all. Just be careful your not stepping on toes. TASK has to be fair and more inclusive along with a since of some forgiveness..... Or task and its enforcers will be gone.

Good luck guys.

Flyin and dyin
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|tSwopCaml

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #129378

• Whiplash
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Utah70 wrote: Hey TASK,
So what do you do with the people on your list? How is the penance forced, I mean because there isn't mods on here to to ban or mute.
If a player is put on your list, is it still the "once on the list, forever on the list" ?. This was suppose to Bea rehabilitation list from what I gathered in the beginning of the thread, that quickly turned into condemnation. What is TASK's position to date on the rehab? TASK has decided to cherry pick the what will be considered the worst of the worst in offensive play, that is TK and SK. Potty mouths are for the black list, I'm sure I read previously, when really they can be much more offensive and game debacling the the other two offense's.
I'm going off of the previous propaganda that was posted here. Blacklist was in effective for taking care of the offensive players with the muting and banning (which none of TASK can do). Yet the mods were set up as a nutrual party to punish and report bad behavior to Zup. In other words the Mods had the owner/creator's backing and blessing, which to my understanding TASK does not have either.
Keep in mind guys the Mods became more in effective do to Zups instruction's. He may have felt that the banning was hurting enrollment, I'm guessing here all I do know is that the mods were told to ease way up on punishments to players.
I have personally witnessed Zup take out a team killer, honestly that's the only kill I've seen him make. Anyway, point is he must be like minded as you and for that matter most of us at DF, but still, he clamped down on the mods....... Think about it guys all I'm saying.
whip, you and I go way back, I know your intetions , and you are working to make the game better for all. Just be careful your not stepping on toes. TASK has to be fair and more inclusive along with a since of some forgiveness..... Or task and its enforcers will be gone.

Good luck guys.

Hey Rap!

I know TASK is an issue where we disagree but I think a lot of it comes from first impressions. I was at the very start when I saw TASK as a way to know who are the bad players in game and to try and teach them to play more respectfully. You were introduced to TASK by relentless team killing by a TASK member so I can understand why you don't like it very much.

As for the rehabilitation M20 was removed from our list since he was found to have changed his behavior. Was it TASK? His own coming to his senses? Who knows but I bring it up to say the same I said to Kero Zen in game, I don't hate him I hate the way he plays and as soon as he stops I would love to be his friend. Since we are all subject to the same rules we can get banned or muted for how we act so what is it that we do wrong? There once was a hit list somewhere that you supported and how is this any different? There is no cherry picking....these players have been reported to us by respected members of our DF community.

As for the potty mouths, I agree very disruptive but I never found shooting them ever helped, usually they spew more. That is why I said blacklist since the most effective punishment is a mute and as you said we don't have those powers.

You seem to think that we are trying to do the mods work and I don't see it like that, I think most of us play the way we are acting right now already. If a team killer shoots you do you not turn and get him back? Do you not make sure that player knows that is wrong? If someone like KAF1 spawn kills you in tank do you not remember and punish him the next time you see him? I know I do and have always. Maybe people don't like the gang feel to TASK but as I continue to say the benefits of TASK are:

-a list of team killers and spawn killers and traitors so we all know who they are before they shoot us in the back!
-an organized way to punish those who the mods can't or won't

Now Rap, maybe you don't believe me but you not liking TASK is the best thing for me in my opinion. Everyone knows we are like brothers so if we don't agree it must be for a good reason and I think you are a good representative for the non-TASK side so please let's take the time and hash this out so we are happy. Can we not hunt bad players? Does anyone on the list not deserve to be there? I have already said team killing is wrong by anyone so under the reformed guidelines I posted is TASK still a problem for anyone?

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #129381

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I was the one who told m20 to go to for forum as he was really playing good games. I told him to get his name removed and he did.

I have told a few others to do the same as they were also starting to play good games. Some of the folks on the list are good flyers.

TASK does work, maybe not all the time but it does work. TASK is not the answer, TASK should be used in conjunction with BANNING and MUTING, unfortunately the bans for whatever reason do not last long enough. Five minutes is not a deterrent to change behavior.

For repeat offenders, only after at least 3 complaint, should get a week ban. TASK IS GOOD.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Whiplash, Captain Noushbag

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #129384

• Whiplash
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Davy Crockett wrote: I was the one who told m20 to go to for forum as he was really playing good games. I told him to get his name removed and he did.

I have told a few others to do the same as they were also starting to play good games. Some of the folks on the list are good flyers.

TASK does work, maybe not all the time but it does work. TASK is not the answer, TASK should be used in conjunction with BANNING and MUTING, unfortunately the bans for whatever reason do not last long enough. Five minutes is not a deterrent to change behavior.

For repeat offenders, only after at least 3 complaint, should get a week ban. TASK IS GOOD.

So you know of more that should be moved to the watch list or off of it? Can you post who they are?

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #129394

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Mr, mejia is one that i asked to come to forum and make his case, he said he would, that was a couple of nights ago. He's not a bad player and played good games. I hope he does. He wasn't TASKED, we just explained to him he was on the list. He acted like he was surprised so hopefully he will come to forum.

Im not sure who the others were, my memory aint what it use to be.

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #129396

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866
Ah! If memory serves, Mr. Mejia is one that I saw on the World Chat, saying "developer please fix the lag in Win8 devices" or something like that, in response to my telling him to get on the Forum and complain to Z.

I think the Global Chat is causing players to stop looking for the Forum!

Manfred

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #129397

• Whiplash
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Well Mr. Mejia shot at me 4 or 5 days ago so do you think he is ok now? Like should we move him to the watch list?

Time to create page: 0.904 seconds