TOPIC:

The Official [M]isfits Squadron 8 years 5 months ago #307623

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10674

[*M]bzerkbzerk wrote:

[*M]VonHuLK wrote:

[*M]bzerkbzerk wrote: So many talk here on this forum about cheap play, or cheap tactics. Yet so many here have become accustom to such play that you as Misfits who condone, participate and use play in a way that is beyond fair ignore those same gripes.

When did this squad condone shooting a teammate so such could tank? WTF?

Is this what it has come to? I live my real life, I take care of real business, to come into this bullshit behavior that seems to be acceptable, yet those who do this bitch on the forum about cheap play.

Cheap, dishonor?

Sometimes the reds "can't" seem to hit me. I have asked to be shot by a blue, a time or two.
I have become addicted to life in a tank. You can blame that on Foust, he started it. Well I guess Comet had something to do with it also, Every time I get in a tank I just drive around backwards looking for him. Signed, "SpoonMan"
Let me clarify my point, I would not ask to shot down next to the hangars so I could glitch into a tank. But if I am near the sweet spot. GAME ON.

Do I understand this correctly, if you are near the sweet spot, then you feel its OK if you request your team mate to shoot you down just to try to win?

If this is what some are calling a great plan, then I understand why there is so much bs on the forum.

Not me bro I follow our rules and a personal code.of conduct.we are misfits we must hold ourselves to the higher standard.how many others look towards us .we have not become the top squad in Df by accident.misfits have always flow with honor and I for one will continue to do so .rember we set the standard.we.cannot become lost on our path we must uphold our rules .
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]TBUILT, [*M]VonHuLK

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Official [M]isfits Squadron 8 years 5 months ago #307624

• [*M]bzerkbzerk
  • Thank you received: 6993

darraxx wrote:

[*M]bzerkbzerk wrote:

[*M]VonHuLK wrote:

[*M]bzerkbzerk wrote: So many talk here on this forum about cheap play, or cheap tactics. Yet so many here have become accustom to such play that you as Misfits who condone, participate and use play in a way that is beyond fair ignore those same gripes.

Is this what it has come to? I live my real life, I take care of real business, to come into this bullshit behavior that seems to be acceptable, yet those who do this bitch on the forum about cheap play.

Cheap, dishonor?

Sometimes the reds "can't" seem to hit me. I have asked to be shot by a blue, a time or two.
I have become addicted to life in a tank. You can blame that on Foust, he started it. Well I guess Comet had something to do with it also, Every time I get in a tank I just drive around backwards looking for him. Signed, "SpoonMan"
Let me clarify my point, I would not ask to shot down next to the hangars so I could glitch into a tank. But if I am near the sweet spot. GAME ON.

Do I understand this correctly, if you are near the sweet spot, then you feel its OK if you request your team mate to shoot you down just to try to win?

If this is what some are calling a great plan, then I understand why there is so much bs on the forum.

Not me bro I follow our rules and a personal code.of conduct.we are misfits we must hold ourselves to the higher standard.how many others look towards us .we have not become the top squad in Df by accident.misfits have always flow with honor and I for one will continue to do so .rember we set the standard.we.cannot become lost on our path we must uphold our rules .

I get the playing around in the tank, what I can't wrap my head around is one complaining about others padding stats while doing the same.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, [M]Slatz, [*M] Pagan, [*M]Comet

The Official [M]isfits Squadron 8 years 5 months ago #307630

• Mongo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly like its stolen shoot like you mean to keep it
  • Thank you received: 6558
I do it to finish a game where there are NO reds to contest the issue. What would be an otherwise dragged out boring nothing to do wrap-up.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction
(.Y.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [M]oon, [*M]VonHuLK, [M]Slatz, [*M] Pagan, [*M]Comet, [*M] GAW

The Official [M]isfits Squadron 8 years 5 months ago #307631

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I was asked if I wanted to tank yesterday in a game where the reds all left by a blue that had to leave.I said no there was only 24% left on the carrier and I could of just popped that sucka.but the way I looked at it for one there was a blue noob trying to get some points and how would it of looked to him if I tanked and took his points.second and I know I was asked but it would of shown the pilot that I was willing to do anything to win .and that is not the misfit way .rember without integrity there is no honor .and I'm.pretty sure my dad would rise from his grave and beat my ass if I went back on the morals he instilled in me.it's a fine line my family walks here in Df .we must not cross that line or we become the fools we stand against.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, [M]Slatz, [*M] Pagan, Artho[M]an

Last edit: by darraxx.

The Official [M]isfits Squadron 8 years 5 months ago #307633

• [*M]Comet
  • Take off eh!
  • Thank you received: 11899
I am not really sure what the problem is. So I will just say that I have shot and been shot to tank.

The conditions are usually such that there are no reds in a game, or the reds that are there are guys that would cheat anyways, given the opportunity. If this is not something that we want to be doing then I will happily stop. But those are the only conditions that I have ever seen it employed.

Other than that, I don't complain much about how the opposition plays, nor do I hang around and watch a teammate play dirty. We're all more than capable of getting even next go round.

I also don't really like the threads out there that promote going after these guys...we have the Acehole and also we always post on our own thread about known douche bags and asking others to pass on the love...I also don't like accusing the other reds of being in support of a teamate cheater...sometimes you don't even know your teammate is cheating.

Besides, who needs a McSherrif reply with a link attached with fancy big words anyways? A guy who just loves fanning the flames and prolonging threads...no thanks...
Bannerless and naked. Whatever...
The following user(s) said Thank You: [M]oon, [*M]VonHuLK, [M]Slatz, D- CC RIDER, Artho[M]an

The Official [M]isfits Squadron 8 years 5 months ago #307634

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 13215
A lot of times in the morning I'm pretty much alone so if I get a red, like walleye, we will tank and tank advantage of any glitch or any thing else. If a red comes into the game than we don't do that, unless it's a new player that basically doesn't know anything yet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [M]oon, [*M]VonHuLK, [M]Slatz, [*M]Comet, Artho[M]an

The Official [M]isfits Squadron 8 years 5 months ago #307635

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
This is my last post on this matter.then I'm going have some beers and try to kill some.reds.

ask yourself this one question.
when you decided to join misfits.was it because the misfits flew with honor?
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, [M]Slatz, [*M] Pagan, Artho[M]an

The Official [M]isfits Squadron 8 years 5 months ago #307637

• [*M]Comet
  • Take off eh!
I hope my honor isn't being questioned based on my last post.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [M]oon, [*M]VonHuLK, [M]Slatz, Baby Crockett, Artho[M]an

The Official [M]isfits Squadron 8 years 5 months ago #307639

• [*M]TBUILT
  • I back my squad 100% what's your excuse?
  • Thank you received: 17012

[*M] MISFIT CROCKETT wrote: A lot of times in the morning I'm pretty much alone so if I get a red, like walleye, we will tank and tank advantage of any glitch or any thing else. If a red comes into the game than we don't do that, unless it's a new player that basically doesn't know anything yet.

Question? Ok I'm that noob trying to get a new plane and rank up but some morafs take that away because I don't know anything yet and take any chance of a win away because I'm new? So when did we start playing that way? :unsure:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [M]oon, [*M]VonHuLK, Artho[M]an

The Official [M]isfits Squadron 8 years 5 months ago #307640

• [*M]TBUILT
Full squad meeting Tuesday December 8th 7:30 pm central you can figure out the time in your area.
That is all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] bware, [M]oon, [*M]VonHuLK, [M]Slatz, [*M] Pagan, {GI} E*A*G*L*E, Artho[M]an

The Official [M]isfits Squadron 8 years 5 months ago #307641

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 13215

[*M]TBUILT wrote:

[*M] MISFIT CROCKETT wrote: A lot of times in the morning I'm pretty much alone so if I get a red, like walleye, we will tank and tank advantage of any glitch or any thing else. If a red comes into the game than we don't do that, unless it's a new player that basically doesn't know anything yet.

Question? Ok I'm that noob trying to get a new plane and rank up but some morafs take that away because I don't know anything yet and take any chance of a win away because I'm new? So when did we start playing that way? :unsure:

Sorry I didn't say that very good, what I'm talking is if a aspirant comes into the game I will usually welcome him into dogfight and I don't like shooting them but I let them shoot me down and then I will drive the distance to the hangers because they can't hit me in a tank. I figure it's a good way to talk to them, welcome them to the game and have fun yourself while letting them practice on you. In a regular game I would never use any glitch. I never have and the noobs appreciate my talking to them and showing them stuff. It wasn't like it sounded.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [M]oon, [*M]VonHuLK, [M]Slatz, [*M] Pagan, Artho[M]an, D-walleye

The Official [M]isfits Squadron 8 years 5 months ago #307642

• [*M]ONSTER CANNON
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 9167

Cheap, dishonor?

I'm probably guilty...I have a habit of sending reds back to base or carrier and end up in a position where I'm close, facing four shooters at one time. I have more chance in a tank. So, I do put myself in a position(especially if I'm hit 3 times) to be able to rough up a couple of them with my tank....and maybe lucky enough to hit the hanger or tank a couple times.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [M]oon, [*M]VonHuLK, [M]Slatz, Artho[M]an

The Official [M]isfits Squadron 8 years 5 months ago #307643

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Ok sorry not questioning anyone's honor .let me rephrase that question.

Is there one pilot here in this squad that can say .they were not shown respect by any older misfit.and did that show of respect to someone they did not know so you could become a better pilot .and wasn't it for that fact that is the reason you all became misfits.As a noob Mr foust made my first flight very short.I flew for 30 seconds.he held his fire until I was up and shooting again .he bombed the hangers (back then you could get 3) then he said something to me that made me want that misfit tag .he said this to me while he was over the base(I have the advantage I'll let you fly.)he then flew away .now in many other games I got crushed but was always show the most respect and honor from a misfit.they started helping me with tips .we have always taught pilots even if not from our squad .and we need to continue that tradition.that is where the great pilots come from they come from noobs that can see the game can be won by playing fair .
The following user(s) said Thank You: [M]oon, [*M]VonHuLK, [*M] Pagan, [M] Engineout, Artho[M]an

The Official [M]isfits Squadron 8 years 5 months ago #307644

• [*M]bzerkbzerk

[*M]ONSTER CANNON wrote:

Cheap, dishonor?

I'm probably guilty...I have a habit of sending reds back to base or carrier and end up in a position where I'm close, facing four shooters at one time. I have more chance in a tank. So, I do put myself in a position(especially if I'm hit 3 times) to be able to rough up a couple of them with my tank....and maybe lucky enough to hit the hanger or tank a couple times.

Yes well that's normal bud, but when I hear one request to be shot down by their own team mate, I call bs. I think what bothers me more is simply that those doing such have also gotten involved in threads against cheap tactics.

There is no justification for this, I don't recall that being on page one of this thread.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [M]oon, [*M]VonHuLK, [*M]ONSTER CANNON, [M]Slatz, [*M] Pagan, Artho[M]an

The Official [M]isfits Squadron 8 years 5 months ago #307645

• Mongo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly like its stolen shoot like you mean to keep it
  • Thank you received: 6558
We are not really having a pie fight over this are we? Maybe i am missing something, with me this happens, rarely, when there are NO other reds left in the game. Would it be better for me to fly back and forth reloading bombs until it is over? What about, no reds, bomb run, then crash to reload and start back quicker? Or should i just fly around aimlessly until something happens?

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction
(.Y.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [M]oon, [*M]VonHuLK, [M]Slatz, Artho[M]an

The Official [M]isfits Squadron 8 years 5 months ago #307649

• [*M]bzerkbzerk

[*M] TR wrote: We are not really having a pie fight over this are we? Maybe i am missing something, with me this happens, rarely, when there are NO other reds left in the game. Would it be better for me to fly back and forth reloading bombs until it is over? What about, no reds, bomb run, then crash to reload and start back quicker? Or should i just fly around aimlessly until something happens?

Refer to page one.

As for plan A, or plan B, seems like and feels like a hidden secret and I guess no one felt like letting some of us in on it. If it's so hush hush, well then something just isn't right. Thought we all discussed what happens in the squad, guess in some circles but not the one I'm not.in.

The Official [M]isfits Squadron 8 years 5 months ago #307653

• [*M]TBUILT
[M]isfits I would like to focus our attention at the moment on a different subject one of our very own is celebrating a birthday today. :cheer:
brother [M]AD Happy birthday I hope you have a great day my friend. B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] bware, [M]oon, [*M]VonHuLK, [*M] Pagan, Artho[M]an

The Official [M]isfits Squadron 8 years 5 months ago #307656

• [M]Slatz
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • A memory today is a treasure tomorrow
  • Thank you received: 2979
GREETINGZ MISFIT ISLAND!!! Wow...there is a little turmoil here, but nothing close to what I have seen on other threads that I don't read. In fact, you folks are putting more words here than War and Peace (both of which I do not have the patience to read :whistle: )

Hulk - my son saw you quite fine and, as for the rest of you officers doing evals, when are going to take off the skirts and training wheels off of your planes??? :blink: AHAHAHA (Ill pay for that in the skies later lol)

DEST - Happy premature Birthday wishes!!!...you are hitting the prime of your first life ;)

BOAZ - speaking of 'premature', that was one funny video and can relate to the infant not being able to keep both hands above the table :blush:

BZERK - you make fine points and I think there are certain circumstances where certain actions can be taken as outlined by Misfits above (though I am not a fan of flying close to target after bombing, waiting to be shot down to tank Ill start flying back and, if being chased for awhile, I will turn and shoot...if I get shot down, fine, but it is hardly ever near target. I like to try and shoot planes in tank...I never get better so I can always use the practice :huh: )

LAST NOTE - The only thing that irritates me to no avail is when I see Misfit(s)in the sky and, if they are not dominating as they might expect and are getting shot down, they leave the game for greener pastures :angry: A non-Misfit example I see do this is RT...but I love that Brother! :woohoo:

Then again, some folks are looking for ranking and personal achievements, I always look for fun first :silly:

MISFIT STRONG. MISFITS UNITED. MISFIT ONLY WANTS TO FLY AND DIE, BUT SMILE ALL THE WHILE :evil:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [M]oon, [*M]VonHuLK, [*M] Pagan, [*M]Skyripper, [M] Harleyrider, Artho[M]an

The Official [M]isfits Squadron 8 years 5 months ago #307657

• [*M]Skyripper
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "Time is infinite, Life is not"
  • Thank you received: 11461
Got the opportunity to bail out of work at Noon. Sad part is I'm getting ready to spend the afternoon sleeping!

Trying to grasp what all is going on here about tanking, don't get around the Forum a bunch these past few weeks.

I can say I've never shot down a Team mate that didn't have it coming. And as for Tanking, if you think my flying is bad, wait till you see me in a tank!

Hopefully after a nice long nap, I'll catch some of you in the skies!

[M]isfit to the core
The following user(s) said Thank You: [M]oon, [*M]VonHuLK, [*M] Pagan, Artho[M]an

The Official [M]isfits Squadron 8 years 5 months ago #307658

• [*M]Skyripper
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "Time is infinite, Life is not"
  • Thank you received: 11461
Oh yeah.......duh!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROTHER [M]AD!!

[M]isfit to the core

The Official [M]isfits Squadron 8 years 5 months ago #307659

• LiLBaDGaL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2403
Happy Birthday Mad !

The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, Artho[M]an

Last edit: by LiLBaDGaL.

The Official [M]isfits Squadron 8 years 5 months ago #307660

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Happy b day sir A.D .wishing you joy and much happiness brother

The Official [M]isfits Squadron 8 years 5 months ago #307661

• D- CC RIDER
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Never suffer fools lightly .
  • Thank you received: 5843
B) happy Birthday Ardash my brother

Attachments:

The Official [M]isfits Squadron 8 years 5 months ago #307665

• [*M]Comet
  • Take off eh!
Happy birthday Ad! Hope you have a great day brother.

The Official [M]isfits Squadron 8 years 5 months ago #307667

• [M]BlackFalcon
  • Thank you received: 52

Happy birthday Mad!

I was wondering if you have come to a decision on me joining the Misfits.
I have had a lot of fun flying with you all. Every game is well worth it.

Thanks BF
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK

The Official [M]isfits Squadron 8 years 5 months ago #307669

• [*M]ONSTER CANNON
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 9167
Happy b'day Mad

Other news, there were a couple instances such as that spoken about by T.R.. in games where there have been myself and one blue, no reds and no reds coming in, I have tanked. That's to get the game over and get into a game where there are actually opponents. Not something I condone if we have opponents, but it seems at times, the servers don't bless us with additional pilots and it gets humdrum flying ten minutes one way for 20 or so runs when out bullets could be doing some good.

The Official [M]isfits Squadron 8 years 5 months ago #307673

• [*M] Pagan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Live every day as if it's your last cos one day...
  • Thank you received: 4857
Page one of the dogfight thread.....does it contain the rules/laws that govern the conduct of the Misfits , or is it just for guidance?
Now I will not pick sides in this debate but to me they are inviolate and as such must be adhered to. I have always understood that if a misfit breaks the rules they can be dismissed from the ranks. If this is the case then they MUST be rules/laws and not just guidance!

The rule/law in question is....TEAM KILLING:
"We only kill team killers. A team killer is one who is on your team and repeatedly shoots down team mates. If a team killer exist, red or blue, shoot them till they leave."

Guidance or rule?

It seems to me that ,as most of us have been playing for quite some time, our recollection of what is contained on page one has become a little blurred.
I belive that we,as Misfits , have a duty to abide by the rules and set an example to the rest of the community to follow.
I accept it can be a it boring to have to fly back and forth to finish a game but if we let our standards fall below what is expected of us we risk becoming no better than those who critisize us.

This is just my personal view and we are all big enough to decide, what is right,what is wrong and what is a rule and what is merely guidance.

Yours in fraternity. Pagan.
May the ancestors look down upon your achievements and smile.

The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]TBUILT, [*M]VonHuLK, Artho[M]an

Last edit: by [*M] Pagan.

The Official [M]isfits Squadron 8 years 5 months ago #307674

• [M]JakeFromStateFarm
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2486
Plan "A" plan "B", I first learned of this about a year ago.... Thought it was common knowledge.
Here is how it was explained to me....example.... I am blue, bzerk is red he shoots me down, I tank and he leaves the game or just sits and watches. And it is only ok/acceptable till another pilot shows up, then it's game on!
I have done this maybe 3 times in the past year, so it isn't a common occurance.

Now, as for blue vs. blue, I have been asked by noobs to shoot them down only us two in the game. I always ask why? Most of the time the noob wants tank practice shooting hangars and carriers with a tank. In the 1 1/2 years I have been playing I have done this maybe 7-8 times, but I tell the noob it will only happen once, if he rolls the tank I won't shoot again.
And it has always been the noob that has asked, not myself. Once again if others join the game, it's game on!

As far as I see it, it is a grey area....if I'm in the wrong by our standards, I shall stop immediately. If repercussions are in order let me know, I shall take them in stride...

Just being honest here...if I am not at the meeting on Tuesday, someone please fill me in via pm
Thanks Dead[M]an
The following user(s) said Thank You: [M]oon, [*M]VonHuLK, Punk[M]Chef, [*M] GAW, Artho[M]an

The Official [M]isfits Squadron 8 years 5 months ago #307676

• [*M] bware
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • raised on a moisture farm, moved to a point farm
  • Thank you received: 2173
Happy birthday [M]AD!

The Official [M]isfits Squadron 8 years 5 months ago #307678

• Jay-Z
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Heckin Babies
  • Thank you received: 1143
its been a while since ive been on here! wow! what did I miss?! Fill me in on the details!! well I miss you guys! and btw happy bday [M]AD!!

Moderators: [*M]bhfoust[*M]bzerkbzerk[*M]TBUILT[M*]JÄCK BÜRTÖN1[*M]Comet
Time to create page: 0.777 seconds