Ă—

Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threads that are just too cool to even have to search for them. RULE: you can't create a thread in here, a moderator has to move it from any other location.

TOPIC:

RC 11 years 2 months ago #72127

• Jimboslice27
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • YOU BETTER RUN
  • Thank you received: 748
Hey Dent, just had our maiden flight today! Boy is that fun :) first time up I was trying to dial the trim in and lost control and broke a wing off!! :( Had to run home for the tape (didn't dawn on me to bring it with..duh) It did get better and once I had it dialed in I turned the controls over to my four year old. He did pretty good (with a little help of course ;) ) but did crash it a few times resulting in our second breakage: the rudder assembly. A little more tape and we were off again. The wind picked up a little (like a half a mile per hour..no joke) and this was enough to make it very hard to keep control of the plane. At one point I was just trying to get it in safely and had it flying into the wind right in front of us about 10ft off the ground just hovering :lol: We never made a true wheels down landing, more of a controlled crash, but we had such a good time in the 15 min we were out there until he was complaining about being cold (it's about 20* out right now). In all my excitement I neglected to bring him any gloves. :blink: Anyways I have some work to do on this thing to get it looking good again and you can bet we will be out there again as soon as the weather corporates! :) :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead, bomer1, Richyroo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

RC 11 years 2 months ago #72137

• Dentinhead
  • Dentinhead's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Thank you received: 2736
That's what it's all about Jimbo.... :) Sounds like you two had fun except for the cold... Those little plane's are well worth the money and can take a pretty good beating... Part's aren't that hard to get either..... I have a couple more small plane's I need to post pic's of...They are small... I can't wait to get my bigger gas plane's out when it warm's up.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jimboslice27

RC 11 years 2 months ago #72144

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Here's a couple more I just acquired... Mrs Dent is very pleased.... :woohoo: :whistle:
The Se5a hasn't flown yet....The Micro vapor has lot's of indoor time... :)
The last picture is 4 planes from DF...
The following user(s) said Thank You: bomer1, Jimboslice27

RC 11 years 1 month ago #73623

• iQQi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 62
Couldn't resist posting this video that I just found - while it is not RC and also a sailplane you see from the cockpit view that flying a glider is not unlike the feeling in DF. This, I think, is an exceptional video inside a sailplane doing aerobatics - graceful and elegant. Gliders have very little drag so acceleration can literally be exhilarating! Reminds me of my old flying days coming back into base after a cross country trip and letting it all hang out with the reserve altitude I had collected on the way home.

Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. --- Goethe
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead, [NLR]Jacob10000

RC 11 years 1 month ago #74424

• [NLR]Jacob10000
  • Thank you received: 1711
Finally got to fly rc again. I was hanging out at a neighbors house and noticed a RTF hobby zone champ in a box so I hassled them til they agreed that it needed flown. No crashes, I impressed myself. It was a little windy but I still pulled off loops and an immelman turn.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead

Last edit: by [NLR]Jacob10000.

RC 11 years 1 month ago #74434

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Jacob10000 wrote: Finally got to fly rc again. I was hanging out at a neighbors house and noticed a RTF hobby zone champ in a box so I hassled them til they agreed that it needed flown. No crashes, I impressed myself. It was a little windy but I still pulled off loops and an immelman turn.

Ha Ha now your hooked :P ... Im sitting in a hotel room waiting to start classes tomorrow in Newark Deleware. No flying for me for a bit (here for a week).

RC 11 years 1 month ago #74437

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
  • Thank you received: 539
Ooo dent ur only 50-60 miles away from where i live. The cold sucks right. But its fun as hell in the summer

RC 11 years 1 month ago #74439

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

bomer1 wrote: Ooo dent ur only 50-60 miles away from where i live. The cold sucks right. But its fun as hell in the summer

It's a little colder up north lol but yes it's cold. I lived in salisbury MD for over 4 years. I used to go to ocean city and drive onto aseteaque island all the time. Loved the surf fishing. Flounder was one of my favorite :)

RC 11 years 1 month ago #74459

• BStrachan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 650

iQQi wrote: Couldn't resist posting this video that I just found - while it is not RC and also a sailplane you see from the cockpit view that flying a glider is not unlike the feeling in DF. This, I think, is an exceptional video inside a sailplane doing aerobatics - graceful and elegant. Gliders have very little drag so acceleration can literally be exhilarating! Reminds me of my old flying days coming back into base after a cross country trip and letting it all hang out with the reserve altitude I had collected on the way home.

Very nice :) I didn't think you could fly like that in a glider. I would have thought the wings would snap off :ohmy:

RC 11 years 1 month ago #74461

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
  • Thank you received: 539
Yea its fun to go on a picnic at aseteake( dunno how u spell that), i go there everytime my little cousin comes over, she loves horses. And ocean city is really fun too, i don't really surf fish but i am learning how to surf right now. The water is really cold though, which sucks.

RC 11 years 1 month ago #74561

• iQQi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

B Strachan wrote: . . .Very nice :) I didn't think you could fly like that in a glider. I would have thought the wings would snap off :ohmy:

Sailplanes in a 'normal' flight go from steep turns near stall to running close to red line and many times doing aerobatic turns like doing a split S across a thermal to speed up while still in lift to head out to next thermal and then when you hit the next one shooting up into it and centering for maximum lift. In sailplanes you are flying all the time, never just sitting there unless in a final glide home. These magnificent flying machines are designed to be rugged, flexible and functional - the performance enhancements all seem to make them look better.

The view is fantastic as you are semi-reclined with clear canopy above and around you and with a shoulder wing configuration, clear view to everywhere. The varying sounds of the airflow are another instrument. Many times, especially in a contest, you share the same thermal with several sailplanes, all flying near stall in steep turns - and some coring the thermal better so you are also climbing up through them.

Doing a final glide from 15+ miles out is 'fun' as it is hard to visualize it with such a flat glide angle (35+ to 1) especially over forested areas and rocky valleys in the mountains. You do wonder at times what are you doing out there... until you get high again -
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]Jacob10000, Paul Mantz, Jr.

RC 11 years 1 month ago #78823

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 6460
Here's a little "foamy" project for you.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Whosethisguy

RC 11 years 1 month ago #78832

• iQQi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Neat! Love the FPV at the end -
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr.

RC 11 years 1 month ago #80440

• Captain Noushbag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • That's not flying, that's just falling with style
  • Thank you received: 1228

Don't know too much about RC planes but I thought this was too cool not to share. 366 MPH? How do you even control that thing and the range on the transmitter must be insane..

been Noushed lately?
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|Kevy, Whosethisguy

RC 11 years 1 month ago #80516

• iQQi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Almost insane! Looks like a dead stick landing at the end too - the pilot must have hawk eyes and fast yet smooth reflexes.

RC 11 years 1 month ago #80526

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
exponential's and Dual rate's on a computerised Transmitter. Expo is setting the stick for full flight control movement, but at the beggining of the stick movement the flight control move's just alittle.
Dual rate's Take some of the movement away for full stick deflection to Flight control proportion.... Dual rate's can be full flight control movement for a full control stick movement or Half flight control movement for full stick movement...
These setting's can be assigned to a switch so the Dual rate's and Expo's can be changed in flight to a preset value with a flip of a switch.
There is also a setting for servo speed on most computerized radio's... The servo is the flight control's motor.
At higher speed's these 3 setting's would all be set to a smaller percentage, Dependant on each individual flyer's preference..
The faster you go the less flight control movement you need hence Dual rate.
The faster you go the flight control can move slow for fast movement hence servo speed
Exponential is more of a preference. I like this set up because I like to fly different throttle configuration's, flying slow I still get full control deflection, flying fast I use less stick so less control movement.... It's a preference for me..
I'm sure he used other mixin as well....throttle to elevator, possibly aileron to rudder...
I love those fast plane's...
I also love the glider's, floating is fun as well..
The following user(s) said Thank You: iQQi, Paul Mantz, Jr.

Last edit: by Dentinhead.

RC 11 years 4 weeks ago #80830

• YRC
  • Thank you received: 2
YRC:)

RC 11 years 4 weeks ago #80856

• Whosethisguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Pratt & Whitney Piston Lover!
  • Thank you received: 1771
Wow that RC jet is unreal. If I wasnt a millionaire Id be way too stressed out flying that thing. I also would be worried about it exploding in my face on startup!

RC 11 years 4 weeks ago #80932

• Captain Noushbag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Dent, thanks for that nerdy explanation but you lost me at the first word expon..something. I can tell you all about atomic theory on electrons but when it comes to circuitry I'm a noob layman at best.

Whosethisguy, those guys probably have more hours on RC flight then you and I have combined DF game play hours. I'm just in awe at how much flight time they get. You'd think that turbine sucks up more fuel than a hoover vacuum. Oh how I wish I had some spare time to pickup a hobby like this.

been Noushed lately?

RC 11 years 3 weeks ago #81830

• Captain Noushbag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Had to post this one as I came across it on my daily waste of time watching videos on the net. I'm gonna have to go hit the hobby store now, this looks like too much fun.

been Noushed lately?
The following user(s) said Thank You: iQQi

RC 11 years 3 weeks ago #81859

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
There's many good one's to choose from these day's Captain. The Price's are not that bad either. It all depend's on what you want to do. :)

RC 10 years 10 months ago #105312

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Figured I'd pull this to the top again. Sound's like people are interested again... :)

RC 10 years 10 months ago #105319

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Umm I just noticed all My picture's I posted are Missing... Everyone of them is gone...Defeat's the purpose of this thread I guess... It doesn't make much sense without them.... :angry:

RC 10 years 10 months ago #105348

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866
That's weird. There's not even a link reference. Was this thread ever deleted (somehow) (ahem) and then restored? However some of the other pictures from other posters are still here. Hmm, thunk thunk.
Manfred

RC 10 years 10 months ago #105388

• [*M]bhfoust
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Rock'n the tank since 2012
  • Thank you received: 8857
There was a rc thread...holy cow, I cant believe I've never seen this lol. I have been into rc for about 20 yrs now. I had to retire the planes and choppers (crashed way to much) so I stick to the ground now lol. My last plane was a P-51 4ch...long story short, radio glitch 3 feet off the ground, into a barrel roll...well you get the idea :(

RC 10 years 10 months ago #105410

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Manfred wrote: That's weird. There's not even a link reference. Was this thread ever deleted (somehow) (ahem) and then restored? However some of the other pictures from other posters are still here. Hmm, thunk thunk.
Manfred

I couldn't find the thread thru "Search". I had to go thru my profile... It's probably something I did... :woohoo:
I'll read back thru and repost the picture's if people are still interested.... And only if the Search thingy can be fixed.... :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]bhfoust

RC 10 years 10 months ago #105413

• [*M]bhfoust
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Rock'n the tank since 2012
  • Thank you received: 8857
Please repost dent I myself would love to see those pics!!!

Last edit: by [*M]bhfoust.

RC 10 years 9 months ago #113802

• [NLR]Jacob10000
Just bought a new r/c plane. $40 for an Air Hogs "hurricane" skystunt™. I flew it one time, then (carefully) peeled the stickers off, and trimmed/cut off the wingtips/winglets. Now it flys great! I've managed a loop, barrel roll, spin, torque rolls, hammerheads, wing overs, and crop duster style figure eights. Preety good for a cheap easy to fly plane.

P.S. only with good timing and a lot of patience can you get I to perform these maneuvers.

RC 10 years 9 months ago #113837

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Modification's, Love em on the toy's, Hate em on the real one's... :)

I should probably get to reposting all the pics that are missing.....

RC 10 years 9 months ago #113838

• [NLR]Jacob10000
I still wanna know more about the little carbon cub.

Time to create page: 0.742 seconds