Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

What's your name and why ? 10 years 4 months ago #145248

• MaVrk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 426
My first name was mavrk. I liked the word maverick because of its meaning: independent-minded person. But then I joined MOM. So I wanted something that was more a part of me. RiC0 is what I came up with. It's part of my last name and a nickname given to me in highschool because some of my fellow students couldn't pronounce or spell my last name. I made that name famous well before it was part of a song by what's his name.....Gerardo. :woohoo: I can't believe I remembered his name. Haha.

This is why I'm NOT a MORAF!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlüEMäX, Frank Baracca

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What's your name and why ? 10 years 4 months ago #145283

• Big Tex
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Y'all come by for some BBQ...
  • Thank you received: 898

TX LAWMAN wrote:

Every time I see your name, I think of Big Tex burning to the ground at the State Fair last year! :woohoo:

Big Tex wrote: I have absolutely no iconic, or funny, or interesting stories about my name. I tried to think of something intimidating and fearsome at first, but nothing ever came to mind. Though I've been Big Tex in game since I joined, every once in awhile I'll change it just because I get bored. I've been "Gumbo" as an homage to my dad's creole heritage, as well as "Creole". I've used "Eagle 8" in reference to my cadet squadron at USAFA. I've used "U Mad Bro?" after watching the Patriots lose to Seattle last year and thinking it was hilarious to use in game. I've thought about using "Big Papi" for David Ortiz, or "Big Cheese", or just plain "BBQ". Since I now live in Texas, and it was available, "Big Tex" seemed to fit.

PIMP DOWN!! PIMP DOWN!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ParrotHead, BlüEMäX, TXLAWMAN

What's your name and why ? 10 years 4 months ago #145489

• General lee CSA
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • the south gon rise again
  • Thank you received: 203
I have always been lee in all the games I've played including civilization war because I've studied the civil war for a while
In all the games I've played I've started up a confederate coalition so I figured I'd continue the trend
The following user(s) said Thank You: YEMX, BlüEMäX, Frank Baracca

What's your name and why ? 10 years 4 months ago #145494

• Uplandbird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Dogs make life Better
  • Thank you received: 1964
Pheasant are considered an uplandbird. I love to shoot waterfowl, and really really love pheasant hunting. I live and breath dog training in the summer and love watching the dogs pursue and flush the wily wild pheasant for me in the fall.
Thanks all for letting me shoot at you now!
Birdie
The following user(s) said Thank You: woospy, GreyGhost, *EOI* RAPTOR, YEMX, BlüEMäX, [*M]VonHuLK, Frank Baracca, [*M]ONSTER CANNON, TXLAWMAN

What's your name and why ? 10 years 4 months ago #145504

• CRAZYWOLF
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • CRAZY! ME?
  • Thank you received: 1040
My call sign is CrazyWolf because....well just because...o me...Can someone repeat the question ? :blink:

Think you're going Crazy? Great! When you get there look me up and I'll show you around.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlüEMäX, General lee CSA, [*M]VonHuLK, Frank Baracca

What's your name and why ? 10 years 4 months ago #145506

• General lee CSA
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • the south gon rise again
  • Thank you received: 203
YOU WERE U MAD BRO??.
YES I WAS MAD
YOU HAVE NO CLUE HOW MANY TIMES I CHUTED BECAUSE OF YOU!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Big Tex, BlüEMäX

What's your name and why ? 10 years 4 months ago #145785

• Shatners Bassoon
  • Thank you received: 83
Uuuuuuuughhhh......where to start?

Shatner's Bassoon.

Taken from a UK tv program called Brass Eye. A spoof investigative news program written by Chris Morris.
In one story about a fictional drug called "Cake" Chris managed to get loads of celebrities and politicians to put their names to a campaign against the drug and in doing so, make themselves look very silly indeed! Some of them read a description of how the drug affects a part of the brain called Shatner's Bassoon which affects time perception. Oh just google it!
Other names considered were Wizard's sleeve, Tutt's clump, Ethel the aardvark, Captain Gladys Stoat Pamphlet and lieutenant shiny sides.
Shatner's Bassoon just makes me laugh, still.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacklpe, BlüEMäX, Ronnie Biggs, Frank Baracca, 111th|Royal Flush

What's your name and why ? 10 years 4 months ago #145797

• BTJ582
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2533
BTJ are my initials. 582 is the hull number of the first submarine which I served on in the late 80's. A pic of the USS Bonefish SS 582 is on my banner.

I am an ex-submarine sailor who has taken the battle to the sky.
The following user(s) said Thank You: woospy, BlüEMäX, Ronnie Biggs, [*M]VonHuLK, Frank Baracca

What's your name and why ? 10 years 4 months ago #145828

• [*M]Reckless
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The pilot formerly known as Porkfinger
  • Thank you received: 2690
My original in-game name was Porkfinger........trying to explain that......let's just move along.
I changed it to Reck!ess because it suits me a lot better, and
During my amateur road racing years, I ran a Suzuki in a few different classes. When Superbike nationals made its stop at my track it was 93 degrees in the shade that weekend and I got heat stroke, and needed help getting on the bike. There was this guy hanging around who said I was reckless for going out to qualify in my condition, to which I replied this was a man's sport and bugger off. I qualified on the pole, and during the cool down lap the pavement started to shimmer and I knew I was going to pass out. I got into the paddock and my crew got me off the bike and got my helmet off - the last thing I remember is that guy shaking his head, and saying "reckless". I woke up in my tent 5 hours later, crawled out, vomited twice, and passed out again.
Later that night I drove down to infield for a burn out competition to take part - I needed to change the rear tire for tomorrow's race anyway - I smoked it until it blew. That guy was there afterward, and said "Dude, you really are reckless!". The next day I rolled out onto the grid, got one hell of a holeshot, and ran as hard as I dared without looking back once - so many times the rear end slid on the pavement with my knee still dragging and I thought I'd loose it but managed to win the race without incident, and by a big margin.
The next weekend I took my 600 to the drag strip to try my hand at that, and that guy - that irritating guy - was there. "Hey reckless, nice run last weekend." he said. Whatever, dude's a stalker or something. "You've been running flat 10's without a wheelie bar or launch control on a little 600, you must be going full throttle right on the green light, how are you controlling that thing?" I told him I must be reckless or something.
It wasn't until I rolled up to the staging pad, did a burnout to heat the back tire, and heard my name announced that I realized who that guy was - he was the race announcer - and after announcing my name he exclaimed "HEEEEEERRRRRRES RRRRRRRECKLESS!" and the crowd roared lol!
I still have the time tickets shoved in a box somewhere, and instead of my race number they read "REKLSS" on the slip.
The name didn't stick, thank God, but secretly I loved it, and every once in a while Mrs. Pork still uses it when my behavior warrants its use :)

SANITY IS HIGHLY OVERRATED....
The following user(s) said Thank You: bellsaj, GreyGhost, ¥M4rtin¥, BlüEMäX, Ronnie Biggs, [*M]VonHuLK, Frank Baracca, ZebraUp

What's your name and why ? 10 years 4 months ago #145835

• Hyperdrive
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • built from spare body parts of dead combat pilots
  • Thank you received: 298
Thats crazy man! Its a good name, looks like it stuck here
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]Reckless

What's your name and why ? 10 years 2 months ago #158871

• [*M]Reckless
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The pilot formerly known as Porkfinger
  • Thank you received: 2690
Just bringing this thread back to page 1, lots of new players here now and its a hoot finding out how or why they have some of the names they do.

SANITY IS HIGHLY OVERRATED....
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlüEMäX

What's your name and why ? 10 years 2 months ago #158876

• [*M]ONSTER CANNON
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 9167
When I first started in late July, August, I was rather naive when it came to names and began with my first name and part of the last. When the game finally "clicked" and I actually started shooting planes rather consistently, some I'm pm called me a monster...so Monster Cannon it is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlüEMäX, Uplandbird, [*M]Reckless, Von Len

What's your name and why ? 10 years 2 months ago #158877

• [*M]ONSTER CANNON
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 9167

Uplandbird wrote: Pheasant are considered an uplandbird. I love to shoot waterfowl, and really really love pheasant hunting. I live and breath dog training in the summer and love watching the dogs pursue and flush the wily wild pheasant for me in the fall.
Thanks all for letting me shoot at you now!
Birdie

You shoot Tweety bird?? :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: Uplandbird

What's your name and why ? 10 years 2 months ago #160448

• 111thJunkyard Dog
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 46
I was originally Major Crab Ass because I was always raging on teammates. After joining the Falcons I toned it down to Junkyard Dog.
Junkyard Dog

111th Falcons
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlüEMäX, [*M]Reckless

Last edit: by 111thJunkyard Dog.

What's your name and why ? 10 years 2 months ago #160497

• FuzzyFlyer 3
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Eat my bullets
  • Thank you received: 130
My name is FuzzyFlyer3, originally fighterpilot1 then i changed it too zuggy, idk why just random. Later on in the game i decided to rename myself something that had a ring to it that was kind of amusing. I thought of one time when i was on google and found a funny picture, (my profile picture) and thought, oh i might rename myself fuzzy! But decided it wasn't good enough. Then later thought of FuzzyFlyer, and decided it needed a number. 3 sounded good, so ever since, my name has been FuzzyFlyer3. A little later i made my name supershøøter because i was partially bored of my name. That's my story, nothing that interesting, nothing that involves my life, just that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlüEMäX, [*M]Reckless

What's your name and why ? 10 years 2 months ago #160506

• The War Doctor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • War. Terrible war. The only true human constant.
  • Thank you received: 1274
Since I was 4 years old I have been a gamer. My first game was legend of zelda. I love the seires, so chose mastersword in honor of my first gamer love. The Doctor, my second name, came about because of a recent dalek themed menace. Because that issue has been resolved I've gone back to my original name.
What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace, and sanity.

The following user(s) said Thank You: BlüEMäX, [*M]VonHuLK, Uplandbird, [*M]Reckless

What's your name and why ? 10 years 2 months ago #160539

• [TFL] Robert33
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Hoot Hoot Shoot
  • Thank you received: 411
I couldn't think of any "cool" in-game name so I decided to make my life simple. Robert is my first name and 33 is the class/ seat number assigned to me for most of my years as a student from kinder all the way to college.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlüEMäX, [*M]VonHuLK, [*M]Reckless

What's your name and why ? 10 years 2 months ago #160575

• [M]FOX#1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "I sniff through the desert like a fox"Erwin Romel
  • Thank you received: 3804
My name originated with Erwin Romel. (the desert fox)
Then I chose "#1" because that's what I strive to be.
Sorta a goal to strive for. (If I get there) lol :lol:
Then over time, I got to be known as the critter fox.
Then came...... "What does the fox say?"
So I gota live with that stereotype now.
I think I'm starting to like it though! :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: woospy, BlüEMäX, [*M]VonHuLK, [*M]Reckless, [TFL] Robert33

What's your name and why ? 10 years 2 months ago #160594

• {£}FADACO
  • Thank you received: 45
My Name its Andrea, but in the game its FADACO, beca use i love that simbol in Lux lenguages :3 my english its tooo bat lol... And thats mee
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: woospy, Shatners Bassoon, BlüEMäX, [M]FOX#1, [*M]VonHuLK, [*M]Reckless, ZebraUp, [TFL] Robert33, RT, {O}__PREDATOR__

What's your name and why ? 10 years 2 months ago #160668

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4244

ZebraUp is both my forum & in-game name.. I was given the name Zebra during my in-processing into the military when on the third day they shaved our heads.. I had just prior to that long shoulder length dark hair, but since I have vitiligo in places on my skull(which kills pigmentation)my hair had pure white streaks mixed in.. so ironically moments after walking from the barber I was bestowed with the name Zebra & since my real last name was difficult for many to pronounce Zebra stuck all throughout my time in the military.. and later on as well during my time racing motorcycles.
When first making identities on the net 'Zebra' was always taken, so after watching the movie Cowboy Up, I simply added Up to it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: woospy, BlüEMäX, Gizmo., [M]FOX#1, [*M]VonHuLK, [*M]Reckless

What's your name and why ? 10 years 2 months ago #160708

• YEMX
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 3983
Have you ever wondered why you are drawn to one thing or another.......
Maybe it is in your history or deeply seeded in your blood? I have been told many stories about my forefather's (a lost tradition now a days). I have a very proud daughter, that has a strong intrigue about her roots, I have been putting this together for a little while. Hope you all enjoy.

Videos have no real connection directly, much that is in them and in the music stirs something deep in my core, and puts a bit of a visual on my history.

I am "Ó Cearbhaill"!
It was said that this was the name used to put fear in the enemy.

My WarCry is "in Fide et in Bello Fortis" is Latin and translates to: "Strength in both Faith and War."

Cearbhall is pronounced as KER-VahL or KIH-ERVahL †. Cearbhall is largely used in the English and Irish languages, and it is derived from Celtic origins. It is derived from the element 'cearbh' which means hacking. The name is of obscure origin; it could have originated as a nickname for a violent warrior. It was rather popular in medieval Ireland, and was well used among the learned bardic family Ó Dálaigh, who first came to prominence in the early 12th century. Anglicized forms include Carroll and Charles.

Lord Ely who helped King "Brian" Boru lead the Irish to victory over the Danes at "The Battle of Clontarf" in 1014. My name "Brian" was given to me in honor of that friendship, as was my father carries the name "Boru".

My father........
He is "The Butcher"

My kinsmen carried this motto with them out of slavery, to the land of the free only to find themselves, not very welcomed (putting it mildly). However thew "True Grit" a few took part in changing the world forever......
Charles (my oldest uncles name) the grandson of one, even became the only Catholic signer of a great document that carries the word's "We the people". Another, "Daniel" (another uncles name) was a politician and one of the Founding Fathers of the United States. He was a prominent member of one of the United States' great colonial Catholic families, whose members included his younger brother Archbishop "John" (my youngest uncle name RIP), the first Catholic bishop in the United States and founder of Georgetown University; Daniel was one of only five men to sign both the Articles of Confederation and the Constitution of the United States.

"Bona na Croinn" or Neither Collar nor crown. the broken crown represents the Irish rebellion against the english crown. the broken collar represents freedom and can also be interpreted as an anti-slavery symbol...yes the irish were slaves.

However my family tree could not have been all filled with Warriors and Fighters. There had to of been a couple of lover's there too. As the sounds of this arrangement of music, brings back the reality that I have always been a sucker once a woman shows up! Hahhahhahhahh

Oh and the coach of, one of the teams in "The Big Show" today bares my name......
No relation but I have referred to him as "Uncle Pete" from back when, he was coaching collage ball, now he coaches the team from my home state in a city I moved to the day after I graduated High School.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlüEMäX, Uplandbird, [*M]Reckless

Last edit: by YEMX.

What's your name and why ? 10 years 2 months ago #160711

• Cricket
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The Mayor
  • Thank you received: 1166
I want to hear more about Lou Sassol's name.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, [*M]Reckless

What's your name and why ? 10 years 2 weeks ago #172739

• 111th|Royal Flush
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Play your cards, show us what you've got...
  • Thank you received: 590

Longrifle wrote:

TX LAWMAN wrote: It was a definition of practicality. A lawman could be expected to handle 6 unruly people because he had 6 shots in the pistol. The 7th required a reload (a slow process in the 1800s), thus the 7th person constituted a riot.

"One riot, one Ranger"

One of the best comebacks, ever.

John Flannagan's Ranger's Apprentice series!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Longrifle

What's your name and why ? 10 years 2 weeks ago #172747

• 111th|Royal Flush
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Well, when I started this game I tried Snoopy, Red Baron...and a few others, and all were taken (obviously). So I sat there thinking....considered recurvearcher, kingkiller, and a few others, but I though, none of those are cool or mature really. so I though about what I wanted to be, what I wanted to be seen as, and I thought, unbeatable. I am also an avid poker player (despite never having played for actual money, the only things ive won are monopoly money) so I thought of the highest hand in texas holdem, a royal flush.

as for soviet toilet...my signature almost speaks for itself...but ill explain anyway. Royal Flush - people kept making toilet jokes...id had enough...so I thought, how do I turn this around into something cool and bad @ss...then I thought of the stereotypical soviet Russia jokes, like the one in my signature...and realized...its a play on the toilet jokes, and my other name Royal Flush...cause people in game after I shot them would claim to have been 'flushed', so as soviet toilet I was 'flushing' them!
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlüEMäX, [*M]VonHuLK

Last edit: by 111th|Royal Flush.

What's your name and why ? 10 years 2 weeks ago #172755

• Desichick
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • :) ;)
  • Thank you received: 360
Well IM unique and Im mixed with Indian(Asian Indian)and Desi means Indian and im a Girl so i named myself ThatDesiChick
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlüEMäX, RT

What's your name and why ? 10 years 2 weeks ago #172757

• Fiery Tiger
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 155
Well nothing special about my name. My first game name was the same as my real name but found that just plain boring. And so I decided on my favorite Animal which is the Tiger (Largest cat in the cat family other then the ummmm not sure if its the liger or the tigon) so I changed it to CA Tiger CA just stood for Canadian since that's what I am. a little while ago I decided that the CA infront didn't have any good ring to it and thought that since Tigers are Orange they represent Fire quite well and so I changed again to Fiery Tiger:) And ever since I changed my name my kdr has and is getting much better;) I think its scaring everyone into submission!! (jk)

F.T.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlüEMäX, [*M]VonHuLK, Von Len

What's your name and why ? 10 years 2 weeks ago #172761

• 111th|Royal Flush
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
so you are 111th|23639's friend?

What's your name and why ? 10 years 2 weeks ago #172762

• 111th|Royal Flush
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Big Tex wrote:

TX LAWMAN wrote:

Every time I see your name, I think of Big Tex burning to the ground at the State Fair last year! :woohoo:

Big Tex wrote: I have absolutely no iconic, or funny, or interesting stories about my name. I tried to think of something intimidating and fearsome at first, but nothing ever came to mind. Though I've been Big Tex in game since I joined, every once in awhile I'll change it just because I get bored. I've been "Gumbo" as an homage to my dad's creole heritage, as well as "Creole". I've used "Eagle 8" in reference to my cadet squadron at USAFA. I've used "U Mad Bro?" after watching the Patriots lose to Seattle last year and thinking it was hilarious to use in game. I've thought about using "Big Papi" for David Ortiz, or "Big Cheese", or just plain "BBQ". Since I now live in Texas, and it was available, "Big Tex" seemed to fit.

PIMP DOWN!! PIMP DOWN!!

Where did the flagpole and flag randomly come from? they are not there in the first picture...but the second one...random new flagpole...

What's your name and why ? 10 years 2 weeks ago #172763

• Desichick
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • :) ;)
  • Thank you received: 360
hunh? who me?

What's your name and why ? 10 years 2 weeks ago #172766

• 111th|Royal Flush
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
no...Firey Tiger AKA, CA Tiger

Time to create page: 0.698 seconds