Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

What's your name and why ? 10 years 2 weeks ago #172878

• Gamekeeper®
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • I'm Hatfield and I'm Legend!
  • Thank you received: 33
Gamekeeper was and is my CB handle....still use it for email & other BS lol
I am Hatfield,I am LEGEND!
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlüEMäX

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What's your name and why ? 10 years 2 weeks ago #172944

• Mac
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • They Hate me, but They Can't get Enough of me...
  • Thank you received: 1411
I just wanted a name that was light, catchy and memorable. I started as Mac McMuffin, but soon tired of McDonalds references. So I Switched to Mac McMaster, which sounds more piloty and professional. But I've decided to change my last name every couple days, as a running bit. It will always still he McM
something, but right now it is McMorgul to reflect my love of LOTR. The greatest work of fiction ever created
You're getting predictable, guys. You can do better, right?
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlüEMäX, Frank Baracca, 111th|Royal Flush

What's your name and why ? 10 years 2 weeks ago #172965

• Von Len
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 163
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank Baracca

Last edit: by Von Len.

What's your name and why ? 10 years 2 weeks ago #172968

• [M] Congress
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • I am POW/MIA, but I shall return!
  • Thank you received: 412

111|Royal Flush wrote:

Congress wrote: Congress, despite its often negative connotations with the "actual" united states congress, it is a nick name given to me by my fellow Boy Scouts. It stuck ever since, I use it as my call sign and in game name. I'm very proud of it. IT IS NOT BECAUSE I SUPPORT THE US CONGRESS, FOR WHICH I THINK IS FULL OF A BUNCH OF IDIOTS. :S

A few things to say to this...
First...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!

Second...

Congress is rather dangerous...(talking about the US congress here) scary name to have in game!

third...

Congress being the opposite of progress, (due to the pro/con argument) means congress is the opposite of progress FOR THE RED TEAM!!

That's exactly why my signature is Watchout, Congress is in session....! LOL!!
I SHALL RETURN!

The Congress has declared war on Dogfight. Watch out... Congress is in Session!!

What's your name and why ? 10 years 2 weeks ago #173126

• [M]FOX#1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "I sniff through the desert like a fox"Erwin Romel
  • Thank you received: 3804

Donm775 wrote: Donm775
Not even slightly interesting lol is was an automatic name Facebook gave me when I first signed up. Just my first name "Don" and the first letter of my last name "M" plus a random number "775" it was easy to remember so I rolled with it, now I pretty much use it in every online game I play. So if your ever playing a different game and see a Donm775 don't hesitate to say hi! :)

Do you play Sky Gamblers
Or Battle Strategy?
If you do I have my same name to. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Donm775

What's your name and why ? 10 years 2 weeks ago #173188

• Donm775
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 174

FOX#1 wrote:

Donm775 wrote: Donm775
Not even slightly interesting lol is was an automatic name Facebook gave me when I first signed up. Just my first name "Don" and the first letter of my last name "M" plus a random number "775" it was easy to remember so I rolled with it, now I pretty much use it in every online game I play. So if your ever playing a different game and see a Donm775 don't hesitate to say hi! :)

Do you play Sky Gamblers
Or Battle Strategy?
If you do I have my same name to. ;)

No I don't, I have played Sky gamblers before but never really got hooked on it :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [M]FOX#1

What's your name and why ? 9 years 7 months ago #215282

• BlüEMäX
  • BlüEMäX's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Chicken & Waffles!!
  • Thank you received: 3085
Just bumping this one. Lots of new players and names. I'd like to hear the stories.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]Reckless, [M]ad, Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP****}

What's your name and why ? 9 years 7 months ago #215283

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 6460

Paul Mantz, Jr. wrote: "FLYMAGIC" comes from my love of flying and magic. I used to make my living doing it.
Now.....

Just want to bump thread.

Last edit: by Paul Mantz, Jr..

What's your name and why ? 9 years 7 months ago #215284

• WB|War hawk1-5
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1709
My name is WAR HAWK1-5

The hawk has always been my favortie raptor, MY NAME IS NOT FOR THE SOUTHERN GROUP BACK IN THE CIVIL WAR!!!
It is based on the red tailed hawk, my favorte bird, which, i thought would fit a war game name
And it is one of my favorite looney toon characters the red tailed hawk otherwise known as the chicken hawk
Also, for one of my favorite WW2 planes the P-40 War hawk (known for its duties in the flying tigers squadron)

When i bought my squadron, i pondered about if i should call it the flying tigers but i saw there was already a squad called that, so i thought about bird themed name that relate to ww1 then i thought of War Birds!!! Old war planes

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlüEMäX, DireWolf{WP****}

Last edit: by WB|War hawk1-5.

What's your name and why ? 9 years 7 months ago #215333

• Templar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 331
Knights Templar...I was born a Christian Knight! There were 9 of us, appointed to protect and defend Christians and the order of the high Catholic Roman church...true stuff, check it out my brothers and sisters!
Ps: a great movie depicting some of these Knights ;"Arn".
I set my face like flint so I will not be overcome...=£= Temp...8)
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlüEMäX, Frank Baracca

What's your name and why ? 9 years 7 months ago #215346

• Angelic Silencer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Who is this mysterious person who only Silences???
  • Thank you received: 291
Angelic Silencer here...............Silencer is from my previous username....SilentWolf......and Angelic is because i love flying things that can fly gracefully in the skies in one second.....and turn into a deadly warrior/fighter in another second.....commbine those two together.....Angelic Silencer.....a being who gracefully kills it targets
Silencing.....Silencing.....Silencing.....now only if i could mute people.....

What's your name and why ? 9 years 7 months ago #215381

• alpha, bravo
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • squadron leader for Malta Force
  • Thank you received: 73
during games many pilots write to me" alpha, bravo, charlie. alpha where is Charlie? " people tend to think that I chose the first 2 letters of the phonetic alphabet at radom. its not the case. my banner represents the reson. on the banner one can observe Concorde which was a supersonic airliner, which is my favourite plane. one of the Concordes had a registration G-BOAB abbreviated becomes alpha, bravo: my callsign. Concorde was a manoeuvrable airliner that could barrel role. (if you don't believe me google Concorde and you will see the facts for yourself). I hope that answers the question why alpha,bravo is my callsign :) good day to all. enjoy flying.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlüEMäX, Frank Baracca

What's your name and why ? 9 years 7 months ago #215387

• [M]ad
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3321
When I started playing this game, I used my real name, Adarsh. Later as I joined Misfits, I took the first 2 letters from my name & added my squad tag in front of it.
[M]AD

P.S : I change my names often.. Like [M]usic [M]ojo, [M]ad [M]isfit , and currently flying with No proble[M]s.

What's your name and why ? 9 years 7 months ago #215442

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

Viper is a nickname I earned while in the Navy. I worked night shift (7p-7a) as the maintenance chief in a helicopter squadron (HS-7) on an aircraft carrier, which had me sleeping when most of the ship, and my squadron folks, were awake. I slept in a bottom rack, they are stacked 3 high and called "coffin racks" with lockers built right in. Whenever anyone would disturb my sleep I would come out of the bottom rack and become violently verbal with them. After a few times doing this the guys working days would caution one another to be quiet if they needed to return to their racks for anything to be quiet or the "Viper" would "strike" them. I became "Viper Jim". The name stuck.

I would later join HSL-48, who are known as "Vipers". Again I was "Viper Jim" because some of the same guys who were in HS-7 with me were also in HSL-48.

10 is just my lucky number.

This thread is great, thanks for bumping it.

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlüEMäX, Frank Baracca, TXLAWMAN, ZebraUp, DireWolf{WP****}

Last edit: by Viper10{WP}.

What's your name and why ? 9 years 7 months ago #215492

• AsSlyAsAFox
  • I love Fox
  • Thank you received: 16
My name is Silly thoughts and I made my name this way is because my first blog ever was named Silly thoughts plus I have a lots of Silly thoughts so my name makes sence.
Say hey to fox
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlüEMäX, [M]FOX#1, Spartaparta

What's your name and why ? 9 years 6 months ago #215500

• Spartaparta
  • Accept What comes toward your way
  • Thank you received: 9
I picked spartaparta becuase I just wacthed 300 and I wanted to put the part in it came up with it like 5 or 4 years ago even tho I started this game 4 weeks ago
Life is like a camera focus on what's important and you'll capture it perfectly. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlüEMäX, [M]FOX#1

What's your name and why ? 9 years 6 months ago #215827

• [£] Pie of Jerry
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Delicious & DEADLY....... La vie est belle!
  • Thank you received: 591

Pie of Jerry
and Rouge CannonFire
1. For my weakness of pie, and Jerry Seinfield
2. I like to do things predictably, not a script guy. I could be coming AT YOU from and side or angle gunz blazing! ;) :\
IN YOUR OVEN OR ON YOUR SIX!

The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK

What's your name and why ? 9 years 6 months ago #215881

• Rudolf Rednose
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 2783
My name is Rudolf Rednose........and what do you mean: "why"?

Those kids out there have no respect for historically correct names of actual aces, are not scared of 'ghosts', ....slashers, .....killers, and whatever name you can come up with to intimidate them. They are só blasé!

But they DO fear to pizz of Santa! (They got wishlists a mile long.) So my name is Rudolf Rednose.

....well,not really of course. Just that most noobs hate to be shot down by someone with a stupid name!
Key thing is distraction, recognisability and if possible humiliation!
And it just kind of sticks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlüEMäX, [*M]VonHuLK

Last edit: by Rudolf Rednose.

What's your name and why ? 9 years 6 months ago #215885

• Rudolf Rednose
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 2783
Nah....I like kids.............(really!)

....really.....

What's your name and why ? 9 years 6 months ago #215890

• DireWolf{WP****}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4958
I've always loved wolves, incredible creatures who form loyal packs working and hunting in unison.

I knew about Dire Wolves (Canis dirus--means "fearsome dog") and they weighed 100-180 lbs. Massive creatures!

My avatar looks very much like my current dog. He's not a Dire Wolf ;) but certainly a not so distant relative.

Cheers! Dire
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlüEMäX, Viper10{WP}

What's your name and why ? 9 years 6 months ago #216091

• Unknown
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 194
My name isn't of importance, I used to be Tinny but I've recently come back to the game, so I switched my username for some motivation, and this is the outcome
Attachments:

What's your name and why ? 9 years 6 months ago #216333

• T A F F Y 3
  • The Killa
  • Thank you received: 17
When I was maybe about 13 I would watch the history channel and I would love everything about WW2 well I still do. And there was one specific show "called dog fights" that aired at that time idk if it still does, but yea one was about the task force Taffy and idk just thought it was a cool name. The planes from ww2 where awesome! Anyways when I got this game tht was just the name I had to choose. Brought me back to the good old days of when I was younger :) :woohoo:
Message me on kik sammy_boy313 or follow me on instagram @soda_pop_samm ill follow back :) (plz no trolls)
-T A F F Y 3 >>[SPADES OF GLORY]<<

The Original "(SG)Taffy-3"

What's your name and why ? 9 years 6 months ago #216342

• Chopper 15
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • BURN BURN BURN!!!
  • Thank you received: 540
My favourite videogame character's callsign is Chopper, and I was 15 when I thought about it.

The other explanation is: "Chopper" means "Helicopter and someone who chops" and my favourite modern aircraft is the F-15E Strike Eagle, I just mixed both.

What's your name and why ? 9 years 1 month ago #252523

• [M]ad
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3321
The following user(s) said Thank You: nightorado

What's your name and why ? 9 years 1 month ago #252568

• Myrlin {WP***}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1241

Myrlin was my grandfather's name.
I never knew him. In fact, I didn't even meet my real father until the age of 32. At the tart young age of 14, my class was assigned a project on Family history. Genealogy has become my passion since then. I even practiced it professionally for a few years. Anyway, long story short, and many trips to local and State libraries later, my family tree now has over 10,000 people in it. Many of those came about after the evolution of computers. I actually met my grandmother before I met Dad. Needless to say, those were most memorable times. My search actually forced me to go back in time before I found clues about my immediate family. Finding out that I was a relative of Oliver Hazard Perry, of Navy and War of 1812 fame, really got the juices flowing, and encouraged me to look harder than ever. Hundreds of hours of research, and thousands of miles of travel for research trips later, I found myself making a phone call from my hotel room while in Vermont. It was the call that started to answer all the questions that I didn't have answers to about my immediate family. I met Dad that very same day for the first time ever. My father never knew his own dad, who was killed by a train on the way home from work one day. That happened 3 months before my father was born. You see, my grandmother lost her husband, my grandfather, Myrlin, while she was pregnant with my father. It's a pretty amazing story to me. Everything had come full circle.My dad and I both grew up without our respective fathers. There is soooo much more to that story, if you could imagine.
Anyway, I digress...
Growing up, I always loved magic, and Wizards, and Dragons. My biggest love was always Wizards, and all the stories of the great Merlin, probably the best known Wizard of Folklore.
After a few early name changes on DF, and with the blessing of my wonderful Squad leaders, Digger and Viper10, I chose to honor my grandfather, Myrlin by donning his name. He is still somewhat of a mystery to Dad and myself. What we do know of him, is that he was an honorable, hard-working, and patriotic family man, who fought for his country...and I proudly carry his legacy.
Thanks for reading my story.

Fear not the darkness, for when it is just dark enough, then , and only then, will you begin to see the light of the stars.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, Freimann, [*M]Skyripper, [*M]Comet, Kamikaze King, nightorado, infernal

What's your name and why ? 9 years 1 month ago #252570

• Husky Dog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3536
That's much more interesting than mine, Myrlin.

I just like to sniff other people's butts.

To the fowl whose fiery eyes now burned into thy bosom’s core
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rudolf Rednose, [*M]Skyripper, [*M]Comet, Myrlin {WP***}

What's your name and why ? 9 years 1 month ago #252577

• Myrlin {WP***}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1241

Husky Dog [WP] wrote: That's much more interesting than mine, Myrlin.

lol, so that's why your Avatar has the look on its face.

Fear not the darkness, for when it is just dark enough, then , and only then, will you begin to see the light of the stars.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]Comet

What's your name and why ? 9 years 1 month ago #252584

• Husky Dog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3536

Myrlin {WP} wrote:

Husky Dog [WP] wrote: That's much more interesting than mine, Myrlin.

lol, so that's why your Avatar has the look on its face.

LOL! I really set myself up for that one, didn't I?

To the fowl whose fiery eyes now burned into thy bosom’s core

What's your name and why ? 9 years 1 month ago #252588

• [*M] Pagan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Live every day as if it's your last cos one day...
  • Thank you received: 4857
My name is Pagan , because .........I am
May the ancestors look down upon your achievements and smile.

The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]Skyripper, [*M]Comet

What's your name and why ? 9 years 1 month ago #252591

• Drummer5359
  • Thank you received: 56
I'm a drummer, but you've all figured that out. This is my handle on every music forum. I figured that I'd continue with it here. Admittedly, when I joined I never considered that I'd see the same faces and talk to them daily. If you lookup drummer5359 in Google images you will see me doing what. I do.

Time to create page: 0.534 seconds