Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

What's your name and why ? 11 years 2 months ago #67816

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3991

Well my call sigh "KESTREL 1" was originally from the game ace combat 5. The legendary carrier that sunk near the end of the game. Later on after joining the falcons. I found out that kestral was a bird-of-prey like a falcon. Found that ironic but cool. So the bird stuck. Recently I changed it to memorial for purposes inside the squad and personally. It means cancer memorial. I know people that hurt from cancer losses and I've felt the pain personally too on a topic I have already posted. It's kinda like my own little "flight" against cancer.
Retired in the skies of Dogfight.
Raising Hell in the skies of Warthunder
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jimboslice27, Paul Mantz, Jr., yakuza, Whosethisguy, ParrotHead, BlüEMäX, [*M]Destroyer24

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What's your name and why ? 11 years 2 months ago #67977

• Whosethisguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Pratt & Whitney Piston Lover!
  • Thank you received: 1771
To Kestrel,
Ahhhh i remember we were aspirants the same day Kestrel. I asked you if you were a Rolls Royce fan.

I thought i would give further meaning to your name;

Kestrel was RR's predicessor to the famous Merlin engines of the Spitire, and other aircraft including later the p51d.
Ironically the Brits loaned one to the Germans before the onset of WWII and it was installed in the Stuka dive bomber for the Stuka's first flight. It is also suspected the germans dissasembled and reverse engineered it as an addition to their technical knowledge before returning it.

Whoops England, bad move.

Enjoy!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: tKestrel old

What's your name and why ? 11 years 2 months ago #67988

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
  • Thank you received: 539
I'm a rolls Royce fan, i went to a museaum and sat in it(replica) and it was like sitting on a comfy sofa

What's your name and why ? 11 years 2 months ago #68003

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Whosethisguy wrote: To Kestrel,
Ahhhh i remember we were aspirants the same day Kestrel. I asked you if you were a Rolls Royce fan.

I thought i would give further meaning to your name;

Kestrel was RR's predicessor to the famous Merlin engines of the Spitire, and other aircraft including later the p51d.
Ironically the Brits loaned one to the Germans before the onset of WWII and it was installed in the Stuka dive bomber for the Stuka's first flight. It is also suspected the germans dissasembled and reverse engineered it as an addition to their technical knowledge before returning it.

Whoops England, bad move.

Enjoy!!

Lol that's cool. My name has so many different parts to it. That's crazy. Yea I remember that day. U Where still able to kick my tail lol.

What's your name and why ? 11 years 2 months ago #68505

• rocky135
  • Thank you received: 8
My first name is Rocky and I was a supervisor for security at a Nuclear plant and my badge number was 135. So that's how I came up with Rocky135.:-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave., BlüEMäX

What's your name and why ? 11 years 2 months ago #68514

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
  • Thank you received: 2425
My real name is Pedro (Portuguese for Peter).
As Peter turns to Pete (indicating a young Peter or a little Peter), or John turns to Johny, an so on, here in Brazil we use to put "inho" (for male substantives) and "inha" (for female substantives) in everything's name that we want to indicate that it is small or young. For example: a hammer (martelo, in Portuguese), when is a small hammer, we call it martelinho; Paulo (Portuguese for Paul) turns to Paulinho; Laura turns to Laurinha, and so on. So, Pedro turns to Pedrinho - not that I am small nor young, by the way...

During the last December, I was too busy, and after some struggles here on forum, I decided to take a break on posts for a month or two, and to play with a different name than "Pedrinho", to not being bothered. During this few weeks, some new player registered "Pedrinho" (what a coincidence, huh?), and when I came back to MOM, I realized that I couldn't use my name anymore... So, now I keep using Pedrinho on Forum, but in game I am just -Ped-, because every friend here calls me that way. And it sounds good - although very weird to Portuguese-speaking people...

A long explanation for a not-inspiring nickname - but it worth the short Portuguese facts... ;-)

I took the RED PILL!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead, Big Tex, Paul Mantz, Jr., yakuza, BlüEMäX, Frank Baracca

What's your name and why ? 11 years 2 months ago #68650

• BlüEMäX
  • BlüEMäX's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Chicken & Waffles!!
  • Thank you received: 3085
Just saying thanks for all the feed back. Hit you guys that were karmaless with 1. Not enough karma on this planet for Kane really tugs at the heart strings. Good dude !! Glad his post remains here with the reply.

Shamelessly trying to bring this back to page one. Lol

Cant help it I think it's interesting. :P

What's your name and why ? 11 years 2 months ago #68659

• [DD]Big C
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Molon Labe
  • Thank you received: 590
My nickname at school is jokingly big curt, just shortened for public viewing
"Age is an issue of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter" -Mark Twain
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlüEMäX

Last edit: by [DD]Big C.

What's your name and why ? 11 years 2 months ago #70473

• Maranatha
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • AKA [1]Wolfman
  • Thank you received: 134
My in game name is|111th|Maranatha I been using this name as a users name for several years. I'm often asked if it a girl name but it is consider to be a boys name , it's actually comes from the Bible meaning The Lord Cometh.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave., BlüEMäX

What's your name and why ? 11 years 2 months ago #70628

• BlueDane
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 291
BlueDane

Been asked in game if it is because I don't like Stilton cheese.
The truth is nothing so complicated.

I am the proud owner or a 4 year old 65kg hair ball Great Dane called Duke. He is grey coloured and in the breed it is known as Blue hence BlueDane.

And Jetmaroo, you are 100% correct. 1 syllable names for dogs don't work so it was either BlueDane or DukeyPlumb!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave., yakuza, BlüEMäX, Frank Baracca

What's your name and why ? 11 years 2 months ago #70630

• Whiplash
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Been Doomed since 1990!
  • Thank you received: 3010

My in game name is Whiplash, it used to be Snidely Whiplash but with the enigma [e] it wouldn't fit. It's from rocky and bullwinkle mini-cartoon Dudley Doright where Snidely Whiplash is the villain. I thought he's canadian, he's a villain...perfect : ). I use the name in a few other games too...
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3Aj5cS2yr1O2fenK2
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave., BlüEMäX, Frank Baracca

What's your name and why ? 10 years 4 months ago #144859

• BlüEMäX
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Chicken & Waffles!!
Bumping this old one up. We have a lot of new players here now I would be interested to hear from.
The following user(s) said Thank You: YEMX

Last edit: by BlüEMäX.

What's your name and why ? 10 years 4 months ago #144865

• BuckSlayer
  • Thank you received: 73
My name in game is quack! My brother Jason back in the old days was quack1 and we thought it would be funny to confuse everyone so that's where it begun. We are also avid duck hunters and there's nothing like hearing a duck quack out over the marsh while it is still dark. Nothing too interesting but hey its unique lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|tSwopCaml, Whiplash, jacklpe, YEMX, BlüEMäX, Gizmo., Jasonmc

What's your name and why ? 10 years 4 months ago #144868

• --J--
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839
--J-- Because I'm too lazy to type John. The dashes were my feeble attempt at wings. I considered (\J/) but it just doesn't look right. I've been --J-- for so long that attempts to change my name just don't work.

If you build it, I will come.......and bomb it !!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|tSwopCaml, jacklpe, YEMX, BlüEMäX, Gizmo., Frank Baracca

What's your name and why ? 10 years 4 months ago #144869

• |111th|tSwopCaml
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 809
my name is |111th|tSwopCaml...the "t" in the front of my name is in reference to my Faith in Christ...The rest of my name is a variation of Sopwith Camel....I used Swop as part of my name....because I swoop down to destroy the enemy....If any one sees how I destroy enemy tanks you will see what I mean...I say this as confidence not pride...."Being confident in this very thing......"...Others call me Chap because I happen to be the Chaplain of the Falcon Squadron....So feel free to call me Swop or Chap on in game chat...I like either one...
The following user(s) said Thank You: YEMX, BlüEMäX, Gizmo., Frank Baracca

Last edit: by |111th|tSwopCaml.

What's your name and why ? 10 years 4 months ago #144872

• YEMX
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 3983

Attachment not found

The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|tSwopCaml, ¥M4rtin¥, BlüEMäX, Gizmo., Jasonmc, Frank Baracca, Von Len

What's your name and why ? 10 years 4 months ago #144879

• Jasonmc
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 804
The name i play with most is my real name with my middle and last initals. I have been been a few other like quack1 and JRoo . Also had a squad back in the day called kansas duck killers. So some people call me duck man or duck killer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|tSwopCaml, jacklpe, YEMX, BlüEMäX, Gizmo., BuckSlayer, Frank Baracca

What's your name and why ? 10 years 4 months ago #144896

• Maki Boy
  • Thank you received: 27
Some people think what my name has something to do with sushi, which it don't.
My name is Marcus, but grandfather used to call me Maki. Don't know why. A couple of years later, my best friend started to call me Maki Boy. Now most of my childhood friends, and my family do it to.

I use it in the game to honour my grandfather, who died in 2005.
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|tSwopCaml, jacklpe, ParrotHead, YEMX, BlüEMäX, Jasonmc, Frank Baracca

What's your name and why ? 10 years 4 months ago #144901

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack
  • Thank you received: 1352
My name gen~~~~~~~~jack is after one of my favorite generals "General jackson" the squiggles in between were put there along time ago because I got tired of being shot down. My first name was general jackson, but b strachen told me long ago that my plane was directly under the "j" . So I decided to change it to gen~~~~~~~jack. I never changed it other than my current name mr. Serious. But I use the name gen~~~~~jack from time to time..

Gen~~~~~~~~jack
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|tSwopCaml, *EOI* RAPTOR, YEMX, BlüEMäX, Frank Baracca

What's your name and why ? 10 years 4 months ago #144903

• Worcester_Sauce
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • |111th|WorcSauce
  • Thank you received: 208
My name is |111th|WorcSauce. Why? I'm part of the 111th, I'm from Worcestershire, UK, and I like Worcestershire Sauce.

I think that just about sums it up... ;)

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|tSwopCaml, Shatners Bassoon, jacklpe, YEMX, BlüEMäX, Jasonmc

What's your name and why ? 10 years 4 months ago #144911

• BlüEMäX
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Chicken & Waffles!!
I love Worcester sauce! Every time I see you in a game I want to marinate some steaks. I love that stuff. I use it on every thing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: YEMX, Worcester_Sauce

What's your name and why ? 10 years 4 months ago #144918

• Cricket
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The Mayor
  • Thank you received: 1166
I was given the name Cricket in 1999 by my old squadmates from Jane's F-15 because my plane liked to bounce on the runway when I was learning how to land.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacklpe, YEMX, BlüEMäX, Frank Baracca, [*M]Reckless, Von Len

What's your name and why ? 10 years 4 months ago #144921

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
  • Thank you received: 2818

Cricket wrote: I was given the name Cricket in 1999 by my old squadmates from Jane's F-15 because my plane liked to bounce on the runway when I was learning how to land.

I love this story because it still does
I could care....But I dont
The following user(s) said Thank You: tKestrel old

What's your name and why ? 10 years 4 months ago #144958

• Legless Killer
  • Thank you received: 48
I'm truly legless, and I'm hoping to be In the Marines when I join the military!!
Love this game. I treat all with respect who treat me with respect!!

I may be Legless but I'm definitely a Killer!:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: *EOI* RAPTOR, YEMX, BlüEMäX, Gizmo., Frank Baracca, TXLAWMAN

What's your name and why ? 10 years 4 months ago #144962

• Hyperdrive
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • built from spare body parts of dead combat pilots
  • Thank you received: 298
I'll try to do the cliffs notes version of my story but i like to talk so I'm a bit of a wind bag lol. When i was a teenager i was in the Civil Air Patrol as a member of RMR-CO-148, Mustang Cadet Squadron. When i was sixteen i did my encampment requirement to become a staff sergeant at the Air Force Academy Prep School in Colorado Springs, CO. My flight sergeant while i was there was also from my regular squadron and i suggested that every member of our flight should have callsigns. So while we were in formation on the parade grounds that first evening we gave each other callsigns. Sgt. Meyers, (i'll never forget her as long as i live) noticed how exited i was to be there and named me Hyperdrive. It stuck and in honor of that time of my life I've used it as my gaming name ever since. I shortened it in this game because people kept calling me HD for short.
The following user(s) said Thank You: *EOI* RAPTOR, YEMX, BlüEMäX, Frank Baracca, Legless Killer

What's your name and why ? 10 years 4 months ago #144963

• Hyperdrive
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • built from spare body parts of dead combat pilots
  • Thank you received: 298
One other thing guys, if there are any of my former squadmates from Mustang Cadet Squadron out there send me a pm, i'd love to hear from you guys if you were there when i was there in the late nineties to 2000

What's your name and why ? 10 years 4 months ago #144975

• [*M]VonHuLK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • BOOM Game Over...
  • Thank you received: 21656
In game I play as VONHULK, as a Misfit, we all change our names to cartoon characters or super heros, even Sesame Street characters. I was flying as BIGBIRD for a while. My family name from Germany was Von Kopp, my grandfather dropped the Von, to hide his ethnicity when he came to America. I've thought about putting it back, but it seems like a lot of paperwork. I changed to VONHULK a while back, it seemed to stick, so I kept it. I like the way people in game say HULK SMASH, when I enter. This game is great, because of the people that are here. Thanks to all.

ALL IN 100%
The following user(s) said Thank You: *EOI* RAPTOR, [*M]TBUILT, YEMX, BlüEMäX, Frank Baracca, Von Len, [*M] Pagan, WB|War hawk1-5

What's your name and why ? 10 years 4 months ago #145011

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
  • Thank you received: 2818
My Names Dr Dave and I'm a killaholic. aka sociopath aka knife wielding machine gun toten psychopath. But all my friends say I'm a nice guy. Sure I hadn't killed them all..... :(
I could care....But I dont
The following user(s) said Thank You: *EOI* RAPTOR, BlüEMäX, [*M]VonHuLK, Frank Baracca

What's your name and why ? 10 years 4 months ago #145016

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

My.code,name is tKestrel. But it wasnt always this way.......

I started out as Kestral 1, I got the name from ace combat 4-5 from the carrier Kestrel. I added yhe one cause I was a noob and thought it would be cool to have a number after my name like redwing 1 or Eagle 1 in flight numbers. After reaching air vice III I dropped the 1 and added my signature lower case t that every one knows me bye, the t in the old font that the game had looked like a cross, so I keep it as a symbol of my faith in God. I changed the a to an e to symbolize my individuality lol. I also changed the meaning of my name from a carrier in a video game to a cute but fierce bird of prey.

But I also fly under random names every now and then because I get bored and feel like a change. Most have no idea its me. But the few that know me very well can tell who I am no matter what name I have because of my little t. :) .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, Dr Dave., YEMX, BlüEMäX, [*M]VonHuLK, Frank Baracca

What's your name and why ? 10 years 4 months ago #145052

• *EOI* RAPTOR
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 5126

Dr Dave wrote: My Names Dr Dave and I'm a killaholic. aka sociopath aka knife wielding machine gun toten psychopath. But all my friends say I'm a nice guy. Sure I hadn't killed them all..... :(

Ad he scares children on world chat with x-mas questions regarding there readiness for Santa. :blink:

Flyin and dyin

Time to create page: 0.678 seconds