bts wrote: :(

Official technophobe of MOM
The following user(s) said Thank You: TXLAWMAN

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Mean Old Men 8 years 3 months ago #315322

• TXLAWMAN
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Life is tough. It's tougher when you are stupid.
  • Thank you received: 3499

You got to bracket the photobucket link with bracket IMG bracket... Bracket/IMG bracket

bts wrote:

bts wrote: :(

Official technophobe of MOM

RIP CRAZYWOLF

Last edit: by TXLAWMAN.

The Mean Old Men 8 years 3 months ago #315323

• _bts
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1091
Got it now I think-using the wrong link!!

The Mean Old Men 8 years 3 months ago #315324

• _bts
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Now to make it bigger and centered!!!

The Mean Old Men 8 years 3 months ago #315330

• Frank Baracca
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In memory of Francesco Baracca Ace of Aces
  • Thank you received: 1443
Thank You, Ghost.
For all.

And thanks also to any other M.O.M
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gustavo fire

The Mean Old Men 8 years 3 months ago #315334

• Rudolf Rednose
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 2783
:huh:

Does that mean we got ourselves a banneriser? Great!

Last edit: by Rudolf Rednose.

The Mean Old Men 8 years 3 months ago #315345

• GHOSTRIDER1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Yippie Die Yo Yippie Die Yay
  • Thank you received: 1873

oDDJob wrote:

Let me be one of the first to congratulate you, that you finally got the thumbs out of the brown sinkhole.

Good luck with the reinvention of the squad and the new regime

Thank You! Im Going to need it.

Ronnie Biggs wrote: GJ Ghostrider, our exalted leader.
For those of you with the ambition to topple or succeed him, I have already infiltrated your families with spies and informers. I know everything....and he knows everything I need him to know.
Personally, I'm pleased to say goodby to the bikini girl banners. I prefer simple, straightforward and a little austere.

Im inclined to agree Ronnie. However the super M.O.Mdels were always popular. Photoshop has proven to be more of a challenge than I anticipated. I haven't used it since the late 90's. Im looking into a class, so that our banners can get better, the need to be cleaner looking, the textures don't match and as previously stated I have a terrible eye for fonts and type faces. I do want to do something special for MORAF's and/or C.O.M members, but I don't think a contemporary supermodel is necessarily the answer. Perhaps an era illustration of some sort. Bottom line is this, im pretty happy with the banners as they are considering my experience with photoshop, but they will only get better. Im not as quick with a clever pun as TBO, but ill work on that, the banners and an overall uniformity to all the graphics that is lacking.

Rudolf Rednose wrote: :huh:

Does that mean we got ourselves a banneriser? Great!

I don't know about all that,they need work to get to the standard they once were but at least we will be uniform once again.

sargent awesome M.O.M wrote: Ok I made a massive mistake. At first I only joined MOM so people would recognise me and to be honest I only joined to look "cool". But for the (roughly) three weeks I was in MOM it started to dawn on me that your all kind of second family. I was an idiot and a total ass for (in a way) "using you". So here I am at the only good squadron I will ever be in, begging for forgiveness.

Thank you

-Sargent Awesome.

I don't know what to say sargent. However, we just cant have you back at this time. M.O.M has had a tough time this last year, and im afraid were going to need more consistency from our recruits at this time. You were in JAF, and left, but not before telling them that you would come back at the drop of the hat. Then you tried the misfits, then us. We, as a squad of Mean Old Men have historically taken young members time to time and you fit our requirements, for a well spoken, mature young man. We just cant have this squad jumping, especially not right now. You're a good kid but we ultimately don't think were the right firt for you and vise versa. No hard feelings. Please don't be a stranger, your welcome on the forum any time and we look forward to seeing you in game.

His Honor, The Minister of Justice and I have spoken, and decided to spare you a public execution. But, you are going to have to spend some time in the gulag.

sargent awesome M.O.M wrote: As you can see I have kept the MOM part in my name.

Please remove it

bts wrote: Now to make it bigger and centered!!!

I don't know why yours is smaller. The image itself isn't. Ill make you a bigger one and see if it evens out. To center it just highlight the code and press the center button in the toolbar above. or type
[center.]banner code here[/center.] you will have to take the periods inside either end though though

MOMrades,

sorry for the tardy and mass response, but I wont be posting from my mobile device any longer since the delete topic button is sooo close to the reply topic button. I now see why so many people have deleted their squad's thread.

Also, I will be doing some fixing on the page one. Please review it carefully and update me on any missing information and/or errors

If you find your name on the coat of arms for the Council of Ministers please get with me in PM to report for duty. If you don't wish to be on the M.O.M C.O.M let me know as well. Anyone wanting to take a more active role in the squad leadership need only ask. With a few exeptions, were all seasond vetrans here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: D I E S E L, _bts, TXLAWMAN, Rudolf Rednose, Airborne Kiwi, Raz

Last edit: by GHOSTRIDER1.

The Mean Old Men 8 years 3 months ago #315346

• GHOSTRIDER1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

For those of you with the ambition to topple or succeed him, I have already infiltrated your families with spies and informers. I know everything....and he knows everything I need him to know.
Personally, I'm pleased to say goodby to the bikini girl banners. I prefer simple, straightforward and a little austere.

Correction:

My official title has become: GHOSTRIDER1, by the grace of God, of the Democratic Peoples Republic of M.O.M.,Head of the Commonwealth, defender of the faith The Minister of Ministers, His Benevolence, the Number 1 Most Adored, Supreme Leader of all things M.O.M or, just plain GHOST, I’m anything if not humble.
The following user(s) said Thank You: _bts, Ronnie Biggs, TXLAWMAN, Raz

The Mean Old Men 8 years 3 months ago #315349

• Raz
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I'm not as dumb as you look...
  • Thank you received: 1056
Now it feels like home, thanks GHOSTRIDER for the banner, (and help fixing it) love it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GHOSTRIDER1

The Mean Old Men 8 years 3 months ago #315354

• GHOSTRIDER1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Ok funky azz margins and such on page 1 are repaired. Check it out now

The Mean Old Men 8 years 3 months ago #315362

• Airborne Kiwi
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Who said Kiwi's couldn't fly?
  • Thank you received: 518

sargent awesome M.O.M wrote: Ok I made a massive mistake. At first I only joined MOM so people would recognise me and to be honest I only joined to look "cool". But for the (roughly) three weeks I was in MOM it started to dawn on me that your all kind of second family. I was an idiot and a total ass for (in a way) "using you". So here I am at the only good squadron I will ever be in, begging for forgiveness.

Thank you

-Sargent Awesome.

I don't know what to say sargent. However, we just cant have you back at this time. M.O.M has had a tough time this last year, and im afraid were going to need more consistency from our recruits at this time. You were in JAF, and left, but not before telling them that you would come back at the drop of the hat. Then you tried the misfits, then us. We, as a squad of Mean Old Men have historically taken young members time to time and you fit our requirements, for a well spoken, mature young man. We just cant have this squad jumping, especially not right now. You're a good kid but we ultimately don't think were the right firt for you and vise versa. No hard feelings. Please don't be a stranger, your welcome on the forum any time and we look forward to seeing you in game.

Yea I'm a total arrogant prick. :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: D I E S E L

The Mean Old Men 8 years 3 months ago #315371

• TXLAWMAN
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Gave hugo1982 an invite. He whipped me good.

Sargent, you're not an arrogant prick. You are young and a little immature/ impetuous. We really are a bunch of old farts. You would probably like a younger group better. You are always welcome to pop in. In time, maybe we will give it another go.

RIP CRAZYWOLF
The following user(s) said Thank You: YEMX

The Mean Old Men 8 years 3 months ago #315374

• Ronnie Biggs
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Optimist, because there's no use in anything else
  • Thank you received: 1180

GHOSTRIDER1 wrote:

Correction:

My official title has become: GHOSTRIDER1, by the grace of God, of the Democratic Peoples Republic of M.O.M.,Head of the Commonwealth, defender of the faith The Minister of Ministers, His Benevolence, the Number 1 Most Adored, Supreme Leader of all things M.O.M or, just plain GHOST, I’m anything if not humble.

I will lodge your request with the Ministry of Information. It's quite a bureaucracy down there, so I have no idea how long it will take for your new title to appear on our bank notes and official stationary. Besides, your demand to have your portrait in every school classroom in the republic, by February, has put them back somewhat. The ministry's printing operation is going flat out, but I'm not sure it was a good idea for you to have to personally approve and sign every copy.

Furthermore, it doesn't help that you evicted my staff from our Railway Ministry building in order to provide a home for your vintage car collection. It is indeed a very fine collection, but I'm disappointed that you didn't accept my recommendation to use the children's hospital instead.

My ministry is currently temporarily housed in an unheated basement with gas light lighting and no ventilation. I have asked for an additional electricity ration from the Ministry of Plenty, but haven't heard back yet. Apparently they are strapped for cash and have been struggling to maintain a reliable ammunition supply to the Ministry of Peace. Our DF pilots, as brave as they are, seem to have no fire discipline. They just fire everywhere without regard for safety or the laws of armed conflict. This was particularly apparent during last week's human rights demonstration at the People's University of Tractor Technology - 25,000 rounds expended and only 16 students killed. That's appalling!
The following user(s) said Thank You: _bts, YEMX, [NLR] McFate, GHOSTRIDER1, TXLAWMAN, Rudolf Rednose, Raz, Gustavo fire

Last edit: by Ronnie Biggs.

The Mean Old Men 8 years 3 months ago #315387

• GHOSTRIDER1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Please welcome our next instant recruiting program inductee.....

Everybody welcome

Ooga Chaka

We've had some Games together in the past, and I usually whoop him, but boil boy is he improving. He just really gave me a run for my money and broke his own personal kill record in the process. He's got the mean, and he's got the old,he seemed logical addition.

I directed him to page 1 for his retroactive application, but if you see him and game welcome him to the squad and harass him about his application in true mom fashion
The following user(s) said Thank You: YEMX, Raz

The Mean Old Men 8 years 3 months ago #315412

• TXLAWMAN
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Howdy ooga! Welcome to M.O.M!

RIP CRAZYWOLF

The Mean Old Men 8 years 3 months ago #315414

• _bts
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yes indeed welcome to the madhouse!!

The Mean Old Men 8 years 3 months ago #315415

• Gizmo.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 908
Welcome ooga,had a good game with you yesterday,Your a deadly pilot.
Hey Ghost,great job on the first page. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: _bts, YEMX, GHOSTRIDER1

The Mean Old Men 8 years 3 months ago #315451

• Rudolf Rednose
  • Banned
  • Banned

Is thát the one?
The following user(s) said Thank You: GHOSTRIDER1

The Mean Old Men 8 years 3 months ago #315452

• GHOSTRIDER1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Rudolf Rednose wrote:

Is thát the one?

I was waiting for that. Lol. Going to have a blast with his banner. Somebody get that guy to the forum.

The ooga Chaka BABY is what I remember abou that song

The Mean Old Men 8 years 3 months ago #315455

• Rudolf Rednose
  • Banned
  • Banned
OK, maggot!

Time you get with the program!

(Think we need something like this on page two.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: D I E S E L, YEMX

The Mean Old Men 8 years 3 months ago #315466

• GHOSTRIDER1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Banner for ooga chaka

The following user(s) said Thank You: D I E S E L, YEMX

The Mean Old Men 8 years 3 months ago #315510

• |111th|KptnSINGH
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Top dolllar paid for ur rusty wings
  • Thank you received: 705

D I E S E L wrote: When my international harvester hat is at the cleaners, I were this....lol NOT

Well its a lot more stylish then any hat you posess. Besides diesel... doubt you have the mental facilities required to intricately tie a turban

No offence to the rest of my mom friends :)

this is how i fly !!! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ronnie Biggs, TXLAWMAN, Cypher7{WP}

The Mean Old Men 8 years 3 months ago #315530

• GHOSTRIDER1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
RAZ,Dannydrooler, and I had a great laggy game today. I wish I could have stayed but Mrs. Ghost put the kibosh on that. During this game a player by the name of Pyrate, or mike as he is referred to by civilians, REALLY made his presence known. So, needless to say we snatched him up.

Not five minutes before that yours truly invited kraut killer AKA Craig to apply to M.O.M in the traditional way. Not an hour later, we recived his application.

As a result, please welcome our two newest Mean Old Men:

Pyrate- #3 in the Instant Recruiting Program

kraut killer our first traditional recruit in the new regime

If you see these two in game, extend your congratulations and encourage them to come to the forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: _bts, Ronnie Biggs, Gizmo., Frank Baracca, TXLAWMAN, Raz

The Mean Old Men 8 years 3 months ago #315544

• _bts
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Welcome Pyratr and kk.Look forwards to seeing you in the air!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raz

The Mean Old Men 8 years 3 months ago #315553

• TXLAWMAN
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Welcome to dear old M.O.M!! I anxiously await all relevant powers of attorney, pin codes, account information, and children naming rights! And a tribute CAKE! Maybe you can befriend a Misifit who will give up some KoolAid. Not to much though...they put stuff in it that makes you susceptible to suggestion. Last time I partied with Misfits alleged photos may have been taken that have since been allegedly destroyed at a high cost... So just a sip of KoolAid...

RIP CRAZYWOLF
The following user(s) said Thank You: _bts, Raz

The Mean Old Men 8 years 3 months ago #315554

• _bts
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Good to see Patrice in game today.The fastest CTF game ever as when I joined he was coming in with the red flag!!Good Job!
The following user(s) said Thank You: YEMX, Gizmo., TXLAWMAN

The Mean Old Men 8 years 3 months ago #315555

• [*M]yNuts
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4141
OK, so some very important words of wisdom here, please turn up the sound and enjoy...(Try not to laugh to hard) :woohoo: :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: _bts, YEMX, Frank Baracca, TXLAWMAN, Raz

The Mean Old Men 8 years 3 months ago #315556

• TXLAWMAN
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

I am ashamed that this jackhole is a local product of my community! But I love the farting preacher videos! This ass certainly deserves mocking!!

[*M]yNuts wrote: OK, so some very important words of wisdom here, please turn up the sound and enjoy...(Try not to laugh to hard) :woohoo: :woohoo:

RIP CRAZYWOLF
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]yNuts

The Mean Old Men 8 years 3 months ago #315608

• GHOSTRIDER1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
M.O.Mrades,

Don't forget, in addition to banners I have been working on some propaganda and recruitment posters to scatter around the forum. They are all uploaded to the squads photobucket, for EVERYBODYS use. so grab them up and scatter them around. There are only a few but theyre all pretty cool. There will be more added each week, until we have a wide selection to choose from. I am also working on a series of pin-up postcards to leave on the threads of other squads.

s1168.photobucket.com/user/dogfightmoms/library/?sort=3&page=0

Also, if you have not signed up for the off site chat do so here:
palringo.com/i/AjE6uQ/ALcrzA

you will have to download the palringo app on the appstore, create a profile, then, in the discover tab, type "pdr of mom"

there are about a dozen of us there already. its a great place to offer feedback, discuss squad business, or just shoot the chit uncensored. Theyre are some pretty cool features, games and puzzles too.

Recruiting:

As im sure you have all noticed our recruiting program is in full swing. we have averaged 1 new recruit per day so far and that's right where I want to keep it for the next 9-12 weeks. The owners of the three subsqads are recruiting "instantly" with an application after the fact for established players. There is some VIP wooing going on to catch the big fish, and or bring home some of our long lost brethren (if youre reading this you know who you are, just tag up and get it overwith, you know you want and need your M.O.Mma, so come on home)

However, we still need to recruit the way we always have, I would LOVE to see EVERY M.O.M recomend just 1 new pilot for citizenship, over the course of our big recruitment drive between now and mid April. So lets get out there and offer M.O.Mmy's warm embrace to everybody we can.

C.O.M:Members of The C.O.M who have not reported for duty: DIESEL, YEMX, Ronnie Biggs, KA5EY, Flyingmuck, GIZMO, MICHAEL KANE, and Rudolf Rednose.

Please download the palringo app and get with me for instuctions on our super duper secret meeting place. Your input and votes are needed! If you do not wish to be a member of The C.O.M, let me know, and I will fill your position.

B.O.L.O,

Be On the Look Out. There are lots of M.O.Ms that lost their tags in last years unpleasantness, I have compiled a list below. If you see any of these players please do all you can to direct them to the new page one, and get them back on the forum and wearing their tags. Most important is this list is B. Strachan, or B4n5517. I saw him in game several weeks back, he asked how to re tag, in the process of explaining I used the word "apply" instead of "join" in reference to the button in game. He misunderstood, seemed insulted that I was asking him to submit an application, but,before I could explain, one of us got the boot.

B.O.L.O List

Game Name
(97kills)
5L3V1N
Allan
B. Strachan-B4n5517
Beatea
Bill Maher
Blobularz
Blue Max
bopes
Bricksalvage
Captian Noushbag
Chocks Away
Clay God
Dentihead
Diverb
Doghouse666
Dr. Curtis Shoe
ed latts
EddieRickenbaker
ender@[MOM]
Farkenhell
Firefox1
Hansone
Hospitaler
jimboslice27
Joe Chisten
Joe Nailer
Junkie61
Kpt. Bomba
Legless_Killer
Lou Sassol
M. Penalba—Moo Pen
M.O.MAv8rDennis
MaDtotheMoM
Mbello
McCudden
OhNo
Onsekone
ParrotHead
phillip06
Quiet
RacinMadness
Rico-Mavrk
Schnelli
Shatners Bassoon
Sputnik
TadpoleofDoom
Von 0 Len

This is a PARTIAL list of only the players on the old roster that I recognized, if I have missed anyone, or you have any intel on these or any others, please let me know.

There is also a VIP recruitment list, if you wish to see this, provide me with an email address as I do not wish to share it on the forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: _bts, YEMX, Gizmo., TXLAWMAN, patrice71

Moderators: WigbombCricketDoggy Dix
Time to create page: 1.009 seconds