Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #31998

• Fela ~ ~ ~bad
  • Thank you received: 67
Hello friends. Is a good idea to form an squadron of mature people. I am 46 and I would like to join you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32000

• bopes
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1481
You're in felabad. Welcome! I've played you before, you're a good flyer and with a name like that wig should have a field day with your pilot banner.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32007

• BStrachan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 650

Just tried to join M.O.M. And it's not in list :unsure:

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32008

• DoGss
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1477

B Strachan wrote: Just tried to join M.O.M. And it's not in list :unsure:

Yeah I saw that too. I can go put it in how do we want it M.O.M or m.o.m.

And im guessing wig is the founder or administrator. Or who I have no idea
A man with any character at all must have enemies and places he is not welcome...

Last edit: by DoGss.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32009

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 744
Hey dogss and Strachan,

Try this and see if this works...

www.dogfightplay.com/management/squadmgnt/

I am trying to figure this out myself..

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32010

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I think I added M.O.M. to the Squadron List.. Let me know if you can join or not..

I am a work in progress here...
The following user(s) said Thank You: BStrachan, DoGss

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32011

• DoGss
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

SheiBe Kopf wrote: I think I added M.O.M. to the Squadron List.. Let me know if you can join or not..

I am a work in progress here...

Yep it works I'm in.
A man with any character at all must have enemies and places he is not welcome...

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32012

• Wigbomb
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Flarf
  • Thank you received: 5075
Okay, Eddie Rickenbaker, ZandorHawke and Felabad...personal banners on the way. Welcome to MOM!

As for me as founder, if it's necessary to designate one I don't mind, but the idea originated with SheiBe, then Strachan and I and a few other core members chimed in, so it was really founded by the group as the discussion evolved into a concrete plan. I'll be proud to serve as Founder, Administrator or whatever we need, but MOM is the result of all of us pitching in.

Now, about the name; I'd say the tags should show either MOM or M.O.M. Opinions? What about 111th MOM[e] ? I'm sure that would go over big.

Slender, I'm working up the Rules and will either post them or get them to you a.s.a.p. Thanks for the work on making MOM official!

Wigipedia
The following user(s) said Thank You: BStrachan, Big Tex, ZandorHawke

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32013

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Wig,

I just added Eddie, Zandor, felabad to the roster.

You have my vote as Supreme Leader .... Grande Poopah.. what ever..
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZandorHawke

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32014

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

SheiBe Kopf wrote:

Welcome to The Official M.O.M Thread.

====================================
To join the actual squadron, go here:
www.dogfightplay.com/management/squadmgnt/
+++
To give yourself a Squad-Tag (so we may properly identify ourselves in game), go here .

=============================================

Current Members

SheiBe Kopf
B Strachan
Dentinhead
.Wigbomb
Farcanal
btschuman
dogss
Bopes
Seattle
Big Tex
Hat in the Ring
Paul Mantz, Jr.
ktheo
SB467
iQQi
Mavrk12
oedius
Big Tex
Gary-the-Pink
hansone
whitenow
Gaavster
Dannydrooler
FatBob
ZanderHawke
EddieRickenbaker
felabad
LD Dutchkiller
NJ Devil
Galahad

These are the current confirmed members. If you are a member and wish to be listed, please respond accordingly in this thread.
=============================================

Last edit: by SheiBe Kopf. Reason: new members 8/7/2012

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32051

• BStrachan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

B) u guys are all really great with computers and such. I can barely find the power switch with the newer models. That's when I yell for my 19 year old at least he's good for something. :P but all this is great and I wanted to thank all of you. See u in the sky's M.O.M. Rull's

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32055

• Wigbomb
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Flarf
Strach, what a kick just now seeing you flying under the M.O.M tag! Let us worry about the computers, you just worry about ruling the game!

SheiBe, LD Dutchkiller has asked to join the squadron. I flew several consecutive missions with and against him and he looked pretty doggone good to me. Seems like a nice, yet suitably mean, guy. He's got my vote. Would you agree, Mr. Strachan?

Wigipedia

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32056

• BStrachan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

. Wigbomb wrote: Strach, what a kick just now seeing you flying under the M.O.M tag! Let us worry about the computers, you just worry about ruling the game!

SheiBe, LD Dutchkiller has asked to join the squadron. I flew several consecutive missions with and against him and he looked pretty doggone good to me. Seems like a nice, yet suitably mean, guy. He's got my vote. Would you agree, Mr. Strachan?

The more the merrier but well have a lot of guys on M.O.M. Well have to start haveing votes soon. Lol :woohoo:

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32058

• MaVrk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 426
Wow, this is great!!! I just switched to M.O.M.. Thanks Wigbomb and everyone who had a part in creating this group. I'll cya guys in the skies. Happy hunting!!!! :angry:

This is why I'm NOT a MORAF!!

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32063

• ZandorHawke
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • The second most famous 'Z' in the game!
  • Thank you received: 539
Soooooo...not that I'm dumb or anything...or slow...but how do you change the in-game name? I went to the link provided, entered the current name, password and then [MOM] Zandor Hawke and it came back and said "name is already in use". I had previously used the other link to join. Do I need to wait a bit for this to take affect?

Assuming someone helps...are we using [MOM] or [M.O.M.]?

Thanks!
http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w502/MOMsquadron/banner_zandorhawke3_zpsa2e87126

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32064

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I was just in a game checking, and Dentinhead had the [M.O.M] above his callsign. He told me that I had it also. He made the change manually (he said it was easy)and I did not make the change myself?? (I kept getting the error message when I tried to change)

SOOOOO, If you get the error message about "name in use", go on the game and have someone check your booty out and see if your callsign has M.O.M attached to it.

It looks like [M.O.M] won over [MOM]... Who voted?

M.O.M Rules !!

Thanks to everyone for your patience in the transition..

Last edit: by SheiBe Kopf. Reason: correction to text

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32090

• Wigbomb
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Flarf
The tags do seem to be working, I saw Strachan in-game last night and his was there so I assume mine was, too.

Zandor, you won't have to manually type in anything, just go to the tag link (there might be something within your profile/edit options about squadrons, sorry I don't recall the details but I'll be sure to retrace my steps and post the process here...anyone else who's successfully added the tag feel free to beat me to it.

The spelling is burned in; M.O.M

It was Slenderman winging it on the variation we'd use in our tag, personally I think it looks great! Again, no manual typing required, just find your way to that "join/leave squad" option, or however it's phrased, log in with your ID info, scroll the squad list, check off M.O.M, save changes and you're set.

Strachan, yes, voting should happen effective immediately, agreed. It might be unwieldy to expect a full quorum of all members voting on each new candidate, what would you guys think about appointing a "recruitment panel" or something like that? SheiBe, Strachan, Dentinhead, dogss, me, maybe one or two others, maybe just those five. We could rep the squad in accepting or rejecting new pilots. Everyone would, of course, still be fully involved in bringing good candidates to our attention. If you think we really could get everyone's vote, fine, but it seems unlikely and would take a long time and a lot of attention to the posts. We already have nearly 30 members, a board of five founding MOM's to simplify and speed things up would be cool with me if it's cool with all you lot. So, I guess...let's take a vote on how we should vote from now on!

Wigipedia
The following user(s) said Thank You: BStrachan

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32092

• ZandorHawke
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
OK...then I should be good.

Regarding the voting I think the founding members should have the vote. No need for a mass vote. I'm just happy I got accepted before the formal vote process started. I'm sure bribes would have been required in my case. :)
http://i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w502/MOMsquadron/banner_zandorhawke3_zpsa2e87126

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32093

• Wigbomb
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Flarf
By the way, Zandor, all this pertains to the squad tag that appears in-game above your rank insignia. I take it you're, in part, referring to the way enigma, for example, burns the little [e] into each individual players screen name. We've never discussed doing that so if you're looking at, say, the overall rankings it would not be immediately clear which players fly for MOM. We'd each have to append M.O.M to the front of our respective names, something we'll all have weigh in on before it becomes squad policy.

Speaking of which, I'm working up our "Rules" for the thread. Bring on the suggestions...

Wigipedia

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32108

• Fela ~ ~ ~bad
  • Thank you received: 67
Thanks to Bopes and Wingbomb for your welcome...

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32111

• ZandorHawke
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Wig,

SheiBe Kopf had posted the roster with these instructions:

To join the actual squadron, go here: www.dogfightplay.com/management/squadmgnt/

To give yourself a Squad-Tag (so we may properly identify ourselves in game), go here.

So, I was just trying to do the second step. I would agree that this would need to become squad policy to do something like this.

Regarding the overall rules, I always think less is more. Embrace what the game allows without imposing artifical limits that may or may not be followed by others. I hate tank spawn killing in dogfight mode and will never do it but I would be opposed to it as a rule. However, I would support the squad (as a group) lobbying to get it removed from the game.

As long as there are no rules against crash landing on to carriers and blowing myself up on bombing runs, I don't think you could create any rules that would affect my play. ;)

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32151

• DoGss
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
My tag works fine.

And wig yeah im good with 5 of us voting of who's in. 5 heads better then one.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32228

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I agree with Zan about rules. Less would be better. I know we need them but we started a more mature Squadron and I believe we all know what's right and wrong and above all the fair play involved in the game.

Now ruling with Zan again, we should get rid of :
Parachutes
Carriers
The Ground
Buildings
Snow ... I live in Texas for god sake!
That rain thing.... I always think someone's shooting at me, well they usually are!
Hills above 2 feet MSL
Tanks
And any players who use those tiny, itsy bitsy, agrivating symbols that no one over the age of 30 can see

That's it, I'm done, thanks for letting me vent

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32232

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
One more thing... Does anyone know how to imbed a picture into this text box? I see others do it.. Like screen shots, etc..

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32243

• Wigbomb
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Flarf
I'm with you guys, the fewer rules the better. I'm sure when Slender suggested I create the page he was thinking more in terms of explaining our age range preferences/limitations, stuff like that.

Wigipedia

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32245

• bopes
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1481
Please excuse my ignorance, but to get a "squad tag" in-game the link takes you to a name-change thingy. What exactly am I supposed to enter in the name-change fields so that it will display in-game like its supposed to (whatever that is) :)

Also, I forgot my password! :)

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32388

• beatea
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 729

. Wigbomb wrote: Strach, what a kick just now seeing you flying under the M.O.M tag! Let us worry about the computers, you just worry about ruling the game!

Was able to get the tag added, but does anyone know how to get the art into the signature box on your forum...?

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32391

• beatea
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 729

bopes wrote: Please excuse my ignorance, but to get a "squad tag" in-game the link takes you to a name-change thingy. What exactly am I supposed to enter in the name-change fields so that it will display in-game like its supposed to (whatever that is) :)

Also, I forgot my password! :)

...I know the feeling...First, contact Z for a reminder on your password. 2. click the link to go to the name change. 3. enter your game name and password where required. 4. in the new name field, enter [M.O.M.] followed by your game name. Hit enter and that should do it....(always remembering Murphy's law....) Hope that works...

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32392

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Thank you received: 2736
I was approached by another very good player that want's to join M.O.M.. I'm not going to give his name out yet for a few reason's.. I think He allready talked with you wigbomb.... Just a head's up... He has my vote.... He meets the age requirement also.... :) I think by over double lol.

The Mean Old Men 11 years 7 months ago #32393

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Thank you received: 2736
I'd rather do with out M.O.M. in front of my name...seem's like haveing it above should be enough....too much clutter on the screen allready...

Moderators: WigbombCricketDoggy Dix
Time to create page: 1.138 seconds