Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This section is for squadrons recruiting, events and chats.

TOPIC:

The Handing Down 11 years 1 month ago #81916

• Slenderman
  • Slenderman's Avatar Topic Author
  • The [e]nigma Corps
  • Thank you received: 849
Hey forum!

I've seen a few of you in the skies but not nearly as much as I'd like to lately. I frequent the forum still, checking messages, reading posts and addressing reports. But the main reason I come here today is to announce that I'm handing the Enigma Corps over to someone else. A few close knit friends on the forum have known about this for 3-4 months and I've been scouting out someone who I see taking the squadron to all new places.

Due to nearly all my personal time being taken up by 12 hour clinic shifts, school and other things -- I simply can't implement the ideas and things I wish to see done. I have set up a solid foundation for the squadron. But we need someone who will carry on the torch.

I will be setting up a poll where everyone (regardless of squadron affiliation) will be allowed to vote for a new leader. Here are the following requirements I ask:

-Must have been an Enigma member for at least 2 months (though I may make exception to this rule).
-An adult is preferable. Most higher ranks in Enigma are adults and thus prevented any falling outs within the squadron.
-Maturity is a must. I can't emphasize this more.
-Someone whose a natural leader
-Someone whose willing to take things over and implement better systems. This applies to rank and squad organization.

Optional:

-Can handle themselves on www.webs.com/ so the Enigma website can be fully edited and changed accordingly. It isn't too hard to do and I can walk you through any questions. Webs has a wonderful GUI and there is no need to know any advanced HTML. Basic stuff.
-The longer you've been apart of Enigma, the better.
-The longer you've been a member of the forum and established a solid reputation -- the better. Karma doesn't count and is worthless; unless of course you're cruising at a negative number.

Right now -- I'm wanting nominees. People all of you deem as people with solid character and leadership skills. You don't have to be in Enigma to give a nominee -- but the nominee must have been a member of Enigma for at least 2 months. The longer they've been in, the better.

Once a person has reached 3 nominees, I'll write their name down and their name will be entered into a poll. Once the poll is set up, I will post a link where everyone will be able to vote.

Voting/polling will begin April 6th. April 1st is the cut-off for nominee votes.

If you have any questions or would like to help out, be my guest!

Also -- I am not quitting the forum, game or anything like that. I just want to see the squadron taken places with the tools I have provided. I am also not quitting the squadron and I will always be available to ask questions or guidance from. I am simply turning leadership over to someone the forum likes as a whole.

Cheers and best of luck everyone!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]SnakePlissken

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Handing Down 11 years 1 month ago #81921

• *EOI* RAPTOR
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 5126
J is the obvious choice. He fits all the criteria, Another good choice is KP, Dxp if he can over come the not being a member, it only being a few weeks...... All good men.

Flyin and dyin
The following user(s) said Thank You: --J--

Last edit: by *EOI* RAPTOR.

The Handing Down 11 years 1 month ago #81923

• Lafayettenousici
  • Dont forget: incoming fire has the right of way
  • Thank you received: 25
-J-, DxP, popped into my head first,

The Handing Down 11 years 1 month ago #81933

• pownage
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • hi all
  • Thank you received: 196
Calvinis awesome would be good
Its the final bomb end it now quote from (an aspirant that you all know me )

The Handing Down 11 years 1 month ago #81937

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 744
J Is an outstanding and logical replacement.

The Handing Down 11 years 1 month ago #81939

• --J--
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839
I appriciate the nominations, however I must decline. The up and down nature of my job and my other activities would prevent me from giving the job the attention it needs. I am happy in my support role.

As for my nominations, there are many great people out there, but I think the current members who may be interested and do a good job are Radar (aka Calvin), and Nachoo. A former member, DxP would also be a good choice. I don't feel that these are the only ones who can handle the job, they are just the ones that jump to mind right now. I will of course support anyone that gets the job.

If you build it, I will come.......and bomb it !!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave.

The Handing Down 11 years 1 month ago #81968

• Hamers
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • leader of kamikazi squadron
  • Thank you received: 273
I agree calvin would be good but he is 14......
lets eat grandma. lets eat, grandma. commas save lives

The Handing Down 11 years 1 month ago #81982

• [e]Sputnik
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Mt. Everest is my home.
  • Thank you received: 863
DXP or Calvin

Say you'll never let me go...
A wise sput once said "you laugh at my skills I laugh at your bank account"

The Handing Down 11 years 1 month ago #81992

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
Ah, yes. I should have mentioned that I actually already personally requested --J--. But like myself, he's a very busy man.

The Handing Down 11 years 1 month ago #81997

• $. $
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • My money bag
  • Thank you received: 51
This is very hard thing to do slendetman u have very mature like ones in enigma are u still staying in sqaud or are u leaving?

If u are I would highly recommend DXP of Calvin to proceed in your fine footsteps may good life be ahead of u slender
When life makes lemons
You shoot the lemons until there's nothing left

The Handing Down 11 years 1 month ago #82056

• ParrotHead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Growing older, but not up!
  • Thank you received: 3728
Slendy, props to you on the change. It's hards to do such things and harder to realize its the right move at times. I normally wouldn't offer an opinion in a situation like this, but you asked. I remember when nachoo was applying to the squad, I gave him a non-enigma thumbs up then and that hasn't changed. Snake is another active and respectible player. Either of them would do you proud. Radar is a great guy, but seems to be in and out in spurts. There's my 2¢. Good luck.
Fuck this place. Second rate hack playing in a yard that's too big for him.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]SnakePlissken

The Handing Down 11 years 1 month ago #82066

• [e]hammer_tool
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • ut malleus omnia similis clavum
  • Thank you received: 1285

nachoo or dxp if we can get him back. there are many other great flyers out there but i don't get to interact with them much at the times I play.

ut malleus omnia similis clavum

The Handing Down 11 years 1 month ago #82262

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
Wow, I'm suprised, Slender. I hope you can still find some time to fly with us.

I'd be happy to do it, provided that I've got people willing to help out, which I trust there's no short of.

However, I personally want to nominate VortexIII, Fighter 506, and Dark Star. They were all members for a time, and I think that they'd make a good fit. :P Oh, Gyshan too.

Seriously, I'll accept the nomination, and I completely understand if you want to wait a while before taking me seriously to make sure I don't flake off again. :)
See you in the skies!

The Handing Down 11 years 1 month ago #82290

• [e]Sputnik
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Mt. Everest is my home.
  • Thank you received: 863
Wasn't vortex banned?

Say you'll never let me go...
A wise sput once said "you laugh at my skills I laugh at your bank account"

The Handing Down 11 years 1 month ago #82292

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yes, eight times, I believe. So was Fighter, and Darkstar should have been. I was joking, to be clear, Sput. :P
See you in the skies!

The Handing Down 11 years 1 month ago #82316

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
  • Thank you received: 539
Dark star flamed like ....... Damn. But he stopped doing that after he got a temp ban and after everyone told him to stop. Lol he is a good player now and i would love to have him on my side or as a red.

The Handing Down 11 years 1 month ago #82321

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
He still plays?
See you in the skies!

The Handing Down 11 years 1 month ago #82371

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
  • Thank you received: 539
Some times. Not to often, he has really changed though. He has gotten better at head on

The Handing Down 11 years 1 month ago #82485

• *EOI* RAPTOR
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
e PANZER would be a good choice also

Flyin and dyin

The Handing Down 11 years 1 month ago #82715

• *D~x~P-29*
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 330
This is no big surprise, your field of studdies and journey will take much of your time. Its nice to see those recommendations, but if i was to be chossen for such a task, it would be conditional, to share. I would strongly suggest that there should be atleast 4+ leaders, all with the same level of access. [E] PANZER, THE GREAT BUT young Cal, Nachoo and the one and only --J--. With these troopers in mind will lay the grounds for a new playing field of leadership. Command of an expanded recruiting [ER], flight leaders with assigned 6 [E7] PILOTS , administration personal [EA], these are some simple enhancement to each segment to the Corps, but again. Positive changes must be sout out to keep the young an me old..lol involved, best of luck my friends,
Danny
The following user(s) said Thank You: CalvinIsAwesome, Mr. Serious, --J--, *EOI* RAPTOR, [*M]SnakePlissken

The Handing Down 11 years 1 month ago #82749

• *EOI* RAPTOR
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

dxp29 wrote: This is no big surprise, your field of studdies and journey will take much of your time. Its nice to see those recommendations, but if i was to be chossen for such a task, it would be conditional, to share. I would strongly suggest that there should be atleast 4+ leaders, all with the same level of access. [E] PANZER, THE GREAT BUT young Cal, Nachoo and the one and only --J--. With these troopers in mind will lay the grounds for a new playing field of leadership. Command of an expanded recruiting [ER], flight leaders with assigned 6 [E7] PILOTS , administration personal [EA], these are some simple enhancement to each segment to the Corps, but again. Positive changes must be sout out to keep the young an me old..lol involved, best of luck my friends,
Danny

you see DxP, this is why your name was thrown in the hat..... Good ideas.

Flyin and dyin

The Handing Down 11 years 1 month ago #82803

• Nachoo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 181

dxp29 wrote: This is no big surprise, your field of studdies and journey will take much of your time. Its nice to see those recommendations, but if i was to be chossen for such a task, it would be conditional, to share. I would strongly suggest that there should be atleast 4+ leaders, all with the same level of access. [E] PANZER, THE GREAT BUT young Cal, Nachoo and the one and only --J--. With these troopers in mind will lay the grounds for a new playing field of leadership. Command of an expanded recruiting [ER], flight leaders with assigned 6 [E7] PILOTS , administration personal [EA], these are some simple enhancement to each segment to the Corps, but again. Positive changes must be sout out to keep the young an me old..lol involved, best of luck my friends,
Danny

This is very good.
Rule the SKY!!!

The Handing Down 11 years 4 weeks ago #83017

• [*M]SnakePlissken
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1015
WOW, I cant believe my name was even brought up. Thanks PH, I'm happy just being a fighter for Enigma. Someday I would like to move up on the list. :whistle: My nominnes would be --J--, DxP, Nachoo, and hammer_ tool and KP. I know J your not able to take over, but your my first choice anyway. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: CalvinIsAwesome, --J--, ParrotHead

Last edit: by [*M]SnakePlissken.

The Handing Down 11 years 4 weeks ago #83856

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
I'd totally be down with skipping the pole process and choosing DxP, --J--, Calvin & Nachoo as the four new leaders.

If of course you all four agree. You can take up whatever job you wish and divide/conquer. The power would be up to you. Now that I think about it, this is really a fantastic idea. Running a squadron is a LOT of work for just one person which is why I had Co-Admins. I think if you guys take up all the roles of a single Admin, it would be super easy. For example, --J-- could simply continue recruitment and doing what he does best. Another one of you could do website management & involvement, etc. Things like that. Pick the jobs you'd excel at or already do and go from there.

If you guys are in, post here. Everyone suggested you and I myself agree you four would be fantastic.

Also, would you want the keys to the Enigma website itself? Or would you prefer restarting from the ground up? I don't mind either way, it's all up to you. I've posted logos and templates here which would make it easy to start up fresh. Or I can simply make you guys admins on the current website and you could edit from there. All up to you.

The Handing Down 11 years 4 weeks ago #83863

• *D~x~P-29*
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Slendy,
You've created a great foundation, am sure all would agree that there would be no immediate changes with in those factors but maybe continue from there. Continue building a greater Corps, and spreading out responsibilities with those who show, and share a greater interest.
Yes-keys for all four would help you Help us because buddy your staying right where you are- we know you'll be busy, and will step in when you can but over all your team will continue to support you at every end. Count me in....

The Handing Down 11 years 4 weeks ago #83876

• --J--
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
A quartet :) Cool, I sing baritone.

I'm in.

The Handing Down 11 years 4 weeks ago #83898

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I'd be happy to do it, as long as the others are willing to, also. I don't want to do it alone, though. I need to get to know Nachoo better, too, but he seems to be well liked and mature, so I'd be happy to work with him.

I personally think that, while you built a great website, we should start a new one. I love the minimalistic design of the background of the current one, let's keep that.

I think I still have rights to the Spruz website I made a while ago, I could just delete everything there and start from scratch. It was a terrible design, really.
See you in the skies!

The Handing Down 11 years 4 weeks ago #83904

• *D~x~P-29*
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Wait --J-- you sing, no wait I wanna here it...lol I'll give a quarter :-)

The Handing Down 11 years 4 weeks ago #83905

• --J--
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I have performed with Paul Anka, Pat Boone, The Las Vegas Gambelairs, and several other 50's and 60's cover bands.

The Handing Down 11 years 4 weeks ago #83906

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Hamers wrote: I agree calvin would be good but he is 14......

Fifteen, Hamers. Birthday in December. :)
See you in the skies!

Time to create page: 0.516 seconds