Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

The My mod suggestion thing 9 years 8 months ago #200809

• Mac
  • Mac's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • They Hate me, but They Can't get Enough of me...
  • Thank you received: 1411
It seems the community is ready for a mod body to be put back in place. Here are several things I personally believe would help streamline the process, and assuage the fears that might be inspired in people as a result of the cringeworthy events surrounding the earlier disbandment. That is, this is what I feel would constitute the ideal body.
1- Multiple all-empowered mods. Possibly two or three mainstays, and a few other less consistent but equally respected heads. More on that momentarily.
2- A banned list. An auxiliary to the blacklist, this thread would be in the announcements section, and would be edited by the mods, showing the list of perma-bans handed out, to whom, and why.
3- A visible list of all active mods, just so we know who's there.

And this is who I feel would constitute the ideal moderator corps. If i forgot anyone obvious, I'm sorry.

TOP GUNS. These 2-3 would be the main men, basically fulfilling Wig's old role.
1)Wigbomb
2) Davy/VonHulk (whichever would be willing)

ALL-POWERED, BUT LESS PRESENT
1) Luna. When she talks, people listen. She's a capable mind, and an excellent barmaid.
2) Manfred. When HE talks, people listen. Also, and exceptional bartender.
3) Jacob1000. He's Jacob1000, that's why.

EVERYDAY KICK-AND-MUTERS. This is where it gets tricky.
1) Whiplash
2) Davy
3) Horriblebreast
4) ¥Martin¥
5) (*M)bhfoust
6) ZebraUp
7)Treybien43
8) 111th|Guardian
9) tSwopcamel
10) Kestrel (if his game works)
11) GreyGhost
12) (M*)Bzerkbzerk
13) McFate
14) Yemx
15) Mr. Becken
16)Kevy
17) J
18) Tbuilt

If I forgot someone obvious, I sincerely apologize.

But i feel that we are far enough away from this for the scars to have healed. And if they haven't, they probably never will.

Tell me what you think? Good idea? Bad idea? What needs changing? Who should be included? Who SHOULDN't be included. I value your input. Thanks for reading.

Mac out!
You're getting predictable, guys. You can do better, right?
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, Rudolf Rednose, ZebraUp, Mr.Becken, horriblebreast

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Mac.

Dare I suggest it? Bring Back The Mods! 9 years 8 months ago #200810

• ¥FighterOfAir¥
  • Thank you received: 14
As a couple of people must've seen he told me that he would slit my moms throat and a couple of other things.

Dare I suggest it? Bring Back The Mods! 9 years 8 months ago #200819

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

Not to support or condemn the concept, but purely for the sake of argument shouldn't the "kick and muter" folks be the various Squadron MORAF's? Perhaps the Squadron MORAF's need to be higher on the list?

RHIP, right? Plus you emphasize the benefits of being in a squadron and put most of the discipline into the proper hands.

Perhaps an argument against this concept is the folks causing the problems aren't currently in squadrons. Right, and they likely will never be due to their conduct being brought to the attention of Sqdn. MORAF's... so the idea does have some long term penalties for offenders, assuming belonging to a reputable squadron is desirable. Word gets around within the various sqdn's that certain players are trouble, mouthy, etc. faster than just through normal chat channels I will assume.... to support my position.

Again, not that I agree or disagree with you Mac because I don't spend any real time in WC so am not in a position to evaluate whether mods are necessary or not. (My post is based on the assumption that mods are required) It just makes sense from my perspective any type of discipline or enforcement should really come from these folks. (The same thing can be said/applied of/to the T.A.S.K program, but I am 100% neutral regarding that as well)

Does that make sense?

Viper out

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: [M]yGUNNZZ

Last edit: by Viper10{WP}.

Dare I suggest it? Bring Back The Mods! 9 years 8 months ago #200835

• baron rojo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3431

put some serious general rules the best, it is the skip, the QE zuper do have to make, punish or expulsar.otra solution would put the first 50 moraf to punish and control the functioning of the game with pictures and sufficient grounds, where there would be a page, why those images, should be discussed between the moraf coordinators to sanction, or not have those drivers. (Basically as in squads or at least in mine) those first 50 pilots should have, some reqisitos (not having been sanctioned for a period of time days months ect, take at least 1 year playing, have a minimum de.killer 50000 and most importantly give the room and if your squad) that would make me a greeting. (50 means having that clear punctuation) but everything else, would be a place where anyone could come in and say or put nonsense.

Dare I suggest it? Bring Back The Mods! 9 years 8 months ago #200836

• baron rojo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

no one could enter the web.solo 50 moraf, clerk know from discepción and nobody would so much nonsense.use traslater de google sorry

Dare I suggest it? Bring Back The Mods! 9 years 8 months ago #200837

• baron rojo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

50 moraf with more years playing and killer. That would sí.mas experience, besides the above mentioned course.

Dare I suggest it? Bring Back The Mods! 9 years 8 months ago #200851

• alpha, bravo
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • squadron leader for Malta Force
  • Thank you received: 73
I have been playing nearly a year and I have noticed that some morafs don't go with the rules. the reson some have so many kills is sprawn killings and killing pilots on the runway without giving them a chance to takeoff. when they are killed once they quit the game. if they are politely asked to play fair they're would simply answer " life isn't fair". I think they have to be people that should be voted for by us pilots to be moderators. I like the idea of the squadron leader and his/her right hand pilot to be allowed to ban people from squadron activities.

Dare I suggest it? Bring Back The Mods! 9 years 8 months ago #200854

• Rudolf Rednose
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 2783
Mac, how right you are!

Been a whitness to such escalation recently, and all I could do was to ease the tention with the complete
lyrics of "You've lost that lovin' feeling"......

But there was no mod to stop them,....or mé!
The following user(s) said Thank You: horriblebreast, Mac

Last edit: by Rudolf Rednose.

Dare I suggest it? Bring Back The Mods! 9 years 8 months ago #200856

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear

I wasn't suggesting just MORAF's, I was suggesting Squadron MORAF's. I can see where there was a misunderstanding.

I associate a squadron MORAF with some level of leadership and believe the actual title should be "Commanding Officer" (CO or Charlie Oscar) for the squadron MORAF position. I have noted several MORAF's playing as you describe Alpha-Bravo, but I do not think they are Sqdn. MORAF's. A few actually come to mind but no Sqdn. MORAF's, thus my recommendations (assuming for my argument that mods are necessary of course)

Again, I am not agreeing nor disagreeing with the necessity of moderators for WC. However if leadership, guidance, and discipline is necessary why not put it in the hands of those who already are in a quasi-position of leadership, guidance, and discipline?

In case you haven't yet figured it out I am completely supportive of a functional chain of command, regardless of the arena. In my experience they work, period.

Viper out

The following user(s) said Thank You: horriblebreast, alpha, bravo

Dare I suggest it? Bring Back The Mods! 9 years 8 months ago #200861

• WarEagle!
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • SKREEEEAGH!!!!
  • Thank you received: 869
Mac I agree with you on this one. It is obvious we do need some kind of order. BUT the mods needs to be picked upon trust and respect. We can just have anyone be a mod or this place would be more hell than it already is. And you can imagine how things would go if a selected mod (not saying anyone would) had a bad day or grudge against a player, squad etc...... From what ive gathered since ive been here . Wig, Davy, Luna, Jacob, Becken, Mr. Serious, Manfred and that dude that runs The Jolly Roger would make GREAT mods!

As for squadron morafs having this kinda power I say ABSOLUTELY NOT but I do like the idea of squad morafs having some kind of power. Like mentioned it would keep people who are in squads in line. I just dont think they should be able to mute, ban or kick anyone.
Misfit 4 life
The following user(s) said Thank You: Killer!, Mr.Becken, Mac, alpha, bravo

Last edit: by WarEagle!.

Dare I suggest it? Bring Back The Mods! 9 years 8 months ago #200869

• Mac
  • Mac's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • They Hate me, but They Can't get Enough of me...
  • Thank you received: 1411
To those who said "squadron MORAFS only"

1) You probably weren't here before, but we actually did used to have a group of mods with the type of power i mentioned here. For people to have this kind of power is neither a foreign concept nor an unpopular one. They did a fantastic job of keeping the game much cleaner than it is now. If you look back at old blacklist posts, especially by Wig, you will see many players who were banned, temporarily banned, muted, and permanently muted by will of the people ONLY. Often, the mods erred on the side of overcaution, if anything. (*cough*EddieRickenburg*cough*)

2) Squadron Morafs only is not a good ideal. Which squadrons would you include? Which would you leave out? Any level 15 who doesn' feel like using money on a plane can be a squadron MORAF. And remember, Spitfire was once a MORAF? He would've been a TERRIBLE mod.
There are a dozen members of M.O.M who have all been around far longer than a single member of half the squadrons in the game. My picks were based on experience and trust, not rank and title, although rank played heavily into experience.
I can name several MORAFS and squadron MORAFS who I believe do NOT deserve the moderator title.

Oh yeah, and if they didn't have the kind of power I suggested, what WOULD they do?

Edit: sorry, A7x, i misunderstood your post initially.
You're getting predictable, guys. You can do better, right?

Last edit: by Mac.

Dare I suggest it? Bring Back The Mods! 9 years 8 months ago #200873

• phoenix22
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 174
So I don't get to be a mod?
I'm a flaming chicken

Dare I suggest it? Bring Back The Mods! 9 years 8 months ago #200876

• alpha, bravo
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • squadron leader for Malta Force
  • Thank you received: 73
agreed :) you said it well. I agree that squadron leader should have a different title. :) gd day

Dare I suggest it? Bring Back The Mods! 9 years 8 months ago #200877

• jacklpe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • If you got it, a trucker brought it!
  • Thank you received: 3027
Let's see... Manfred WAS a mod, and the most engaged one the game has ever had. He stepped down from that for a reason, and I imagine you would have to twist both of his arms pretty hard to get him back. I recruited him after he stepped down. His departure was the community's loss, but my gain.

Jackson abused his power, constantly. He was rarely around, but when he did decide to show up for work, he left the forum in smoking ruins and people bailing out of every window. His mod style was strictly "I know best, that's why I'm a mod". He had a complete lack of respect for his fellow players, or the opinion of anyone he felt was beneath him. Sorry... I don't miss him.

Wig, he handled his mod duties very well, but after the SC incident, if he is reinstated as a mod, the forum will go up in smoke.

I miss J, Kevy, and Slenderman, but they also had pretty well stopped showing up for work. It's understandable, as real life often doesn't allow for spending a lot of time here.

I wouldn't mind seeing Reid back, as long as he would communicate a little better. He was an active mod, but did a lot of policing without telling anyone. Many of his actions were blamed on others.

So, we are left with Jacob. Somehow he survived with his mod powers. He's a laid back guy and a hell of a mod. He is fairly busy in real life too though I think. Personally, I'm very happy with how he handles himself as a mod. Always have been...

You mention Luna... Yea, she is good at everything.

Many others you mention are good players, nice guys, and so on, but have real life enemies here. The best mods to me would be people who actually aren't that connected to any one of us, but are willing to spend the time to do the job. Plus, putting well liked and popular guys in that position isn't going to be completely fair to them either, as they may cease to be well liked and popular.

Bottom line: we can sit here and chat about whatever we want, but it is Z's game and always will be. He'll handle it in whatever way pleases him. It's really easy for all of us democratic (not referring to the political party) types to forget that this is a dictatorship.

Contact The Jolly Roger at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: --J--, BlüEMäX, FuzzyFlyer 3, [*M]VonHuLK, Mac, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, alpha, bravo

Last edit: by jacklpe.

Dare I suggest it? Bring Back The Mods! 9 years 8 months ago #200887

• BTJ582
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2533
How about bringing these toughies back--

They kicked some serious butt and made bell bottoms cool!!

I am an ex-submarine sailor who has taken the battle to the sky.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: horriblebreast

Dare I suggest it? Bring Back The Mods! 9 years 8 months ago #200888

• WB|War hawk1-5
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1709
Yes i saw some of the foul mouths i think that would be a great idea to bring back the mods and get these people under control

And let dogfight be a place to have fun and chat friendly with other pilots.... No one likes trolls :)
Attachments:

Dare I suggest it? Bring Back The Mods! 9 years 8 months ago #200891

• WarEagle!
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • SKREEEEAGH!!!!

G.I. Mac wrote: To those who said "squadron MORAFS only"

1) You probably weren't here before, but we actually did used to have a group of mods with the type of power i mentioned here. For people to have this kind of power is neither a foreign concept nor an unpopular one. They did a fantastic job of keeping the game much cleaner than it is now. If you look back at old blacklist posts, especially by Wig, you will see many players who were banned, temporarily banned, muted, and permanently muted by will of the people ONLY. Often, the mods erred on the side of overcaution, if anything. (*cough*EddieRickenburg*cough*)

2) Squadron Morafs only is not a good ideal. Which squadrons would you include? Which would you leave out? Any level 15 who doesn' feel like using money on a plane can be a squadron MORAF. And remember, Spitfire was once a MORAF? He would've been a TERRIBLE mod.
There are a dozen members of M.O.M who have all been around far longer than a single member of half the squadrons in the game. My picks were based on experience and trust, not rank and title, although rank played heavily into experience.
I can name several MORAFS and squadron MORAFS who I believe do NOT deserve the moderator title.

Oh yeah, and if they didn't have the kind of power I suggested, what WOULD they do?

Edit: sorry, A7x, i misunderstood your post initially.

To your question, I have no idea lol was hoping someone else would throw something out there haha
actully this just came to mind (above all) the squadron moraf can atleast be a forum mod like whip, zebra, becken, hb etc......
how does one become one of those anyways? Just curious :huh:
Misfit 4 life

Dare I suggest it? Bring Back The Mods! 9 years 8 months ago #200892

• FuzzyFlyer 3
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Eat my bullets
  • Thank you received: 130
Why did the Mods dissapear anyway? A lot of foul mouths have left since the beginning of the year, but not all of them.

Dare I suggest it? Bring Back The Mods! 9 years 8 months ago #200907

• baron rojo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

'll take playing three years I have known all, good and fatal moderators, who judged his way blameless drivers alguna.y many others that made him impunity and abuse of his authority, that has been fully injusto.siempre bad people in the habiendo.lo game and will continue to be good to explain that in every game you played would have drivers. (but beware!, could only act insultos.este sobr3.conductas or do not play, have imposed rules, only when putting zuper thinks fit, you can being, a Droper, snaker, dropper? clear why not!) The other day a driver i wreck the game and the only hangar that was me ... I did? I congratulate him because he had done well. (In this game if all accept everything other rational pilot would do to win a safer, cleaner and interesante.saludos! DF!.

Dare I suggest it? Bring Back The Mods! 9 years 8 months ago #200915

• horriblebreast
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly hard, die hard!
  • Thank you received: 6101

A7X[*] wrote: To your question, I have no idea lol was hoping someone else would throw something out there haha
actully this just came to mind (above all) the squadron moraf can atleast be a forum mod like whip, zebra, becken, hb etc......
how does one become one of those anyways? Just curious :huh:

once i got the job as moraf of G.I i emailed echoboom and requested to moderate the gunners inc thread. turns out forum mods can only moderate threads in their squad's section of the forum. so the first step is to get a section of the forum made that you can moderate. and the only way to get a section is to have a stable squad that will stick around for a while. otherwise zuperman would have to make too many sections of the forum. hope that clears it up.

so what the heck? rock the discotheque!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WarEagle!

Dare I suggest it? Bring Back The Mods! 9 years 8 months ago #200917

• ZebraUp
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Flying & Fighting with STYLE!
  • Thank you received: 4244

I would like to see J & Kevy reinstated.. as well as giving Jacob back his full mod powers (he currently is only a forum mod) & if Manfred wanted to take up the mantle of a mod again that would be great.

As for others, there are quite a few on your list of squadron morafs & others I shudder to think of having mod powers... I won't name any names.

I think both Luna & VonHulk would make excellent mods.. McFate too.. Becken & tKes are both good possible choices.

From my squadron I think RT would be an excellent moderator.

I think the game definitely needs active mods again before the current slide downhill turns it into a foul-mouthed (& worse) cesspool.

One last thing.. those people that really WANT to be mods.. shouldn't be.
The following user(s) said Thank You: --J--, [*M]VonHuLK, Rudolf Rednose, Mr.Becken, alpha, bravo

Last edit: by ZebraUp.

Dare I suggest it? Bring Back The Mods! 9 years 8 months ago #200918

• phoenix22
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 174
I have no enemies,no connections,I would gladly be a mod,this is also the only game I really play,and I'm only inactive on Thursdays.
I'm a flaming chicken

Dare I suggest it? Bring Back The Mods! 9 years 8 months ago #200922

• =£= Treybien 43
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 423
It would be good to have some order and consequences before this WW1 flying game turns into a western shoot out. I think some people have forgotten why the mods were dismantled in the first place. GOD :evil: complex and abuse of power. When I first started this game I was like who do these people(mods) think they are acting like they were all that and a bag of chips. Probably why I didn't do world chat or even consider being in a squad till level 20 something. The abusive mods really tainted the game for me from my perspective.

Dare I suggest it? Bring Back The Mods! 9 years 8 months ago #200923

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear

Mac, you added the word "only" to my idea. Please take the time to re-read it. I never disagreed with the two top levels, I really only addressed the "everyday" category. Looking at some of the posts I would say there is disagreement about who would mod so my sqdn. moraf idea still stands with some merit. All of them, not just pick and choose, but with limited power. For instance they alert the next level so it isn't a free for all inundating the next level and limiting their time and effectiveness.

No, I wasn't here before, nor am I on chat a whole bunch... if ever really. (less than 10 chat messages since I joined in Feb) Nor do I have the time to familiarize myself with things that happened years ago on this forum. I believe I stated that initially, but may not have made myself clear. I apologize for not being more concise.

Just tossing an idea into the ring. Appears I stirred things up, but got some interesting dialog started.

HB your post about moderating squadron threads was unknown to me.

Jacklpe, I suspect you are spot-on with your assessment... it's Zup's game and he will take action or not as he sees fit. I actually thought that before entering this thread but thought "what the hey?" and interjected....

Trey, that is exactly why I posted. I can foresee that repeating itself.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jacklpe

Dare I suggest it? Bring Back The Mods! 9 years 8 months ago #200928

• _bts
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1091
If I can stick my bit in!!
Mods coming back would be very welcome in my book. There are a number of players using foul or unsuitable language which grips my $#%+.As with most, I really enjoy playing whether shooting well or getting slaughtered but do not enjoy the childish antics of some.
Personally,I previously reported offenders to wig with suitable proof (screenshots) to back up the offence which I feel should be a minimum so as to prove any wrongdoing and avoid false accusations.There should also be a way for people to appeal so as to be totally fair and avoid any clashes of personality.I think the mods who were here before did a great job and the names mentioned would be good choices if they would be willing to take on the role once more.
We need to ensure rapid response to the few idiots that frequent the game as there are younger players who should not be expected to see such language/actions.
S
The following user(s) said Thank You: alpha, bravo

Dare I suggest it? Bring Back The Mods! 9 years 8 months ago #200929

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear

Treybien, you make a very interesting point and it really begs the question; How do you see it has changed since the mods were dismantled? Pros and cons? Better? Worse?

(before anyone beats me up, I know that isn't the proper traditional use of the phrase "begs the question". It is, however, the accepted modern use and fit perfectly in my post)

Dare I suggest it? Bring Back The Mods! 9 years 8 months ago #200931

• Mr.Becken
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 829
there should be a union
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rudolf Rednose

Dare I suggest it? Bring Back The Mods! 9 years 8 months ago #200932

• WarEagle!
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • SKREEEEAGH!!!!
Well hey, here an idea. If yall are really concerned about mods "abusing thier powers" then why not have it where it takes a majority of the mods votes to do such actions, banning, muting and kicking? Like lets say we have 5 mods in all in order for a person to be muted or banned atleast 3 of the 5 mods would have to go to the offenders name and sentence them before it is implied. I think that could work :silly:
Misfit 4 life

Dare I suggest it? Bring Back The Mods! 9 years 8 months ago #200935

• =£= Treybien 43
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 423
It's hard to say how it's better or different then when mods were here. I'm sure there are many perspectives on this. Back a few months ago with the mods there was insane craziness going on in WC. Even to the point of people wanting to get the police involved and there was constant cursing. Yes some did get banned or muted but I believe most of the permanent banned people have snuck back in under different accounts and people have accepted them back ???? We almost need a pilot election with no past mods allowed to clean the slate. Mods should be People that are here often and respected, not just high rank and show up sporadically. Even have term limits to keep it fresh. Actually it seems a lot calmer since the mods are gone, hmmm. But we do need something more constant to keep azz hats in check.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}

Dare I suggest it? Bring Back The Mods! 9 years 8 months ago #200947

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear

So clearly there is a consensus that some moderation is needed in WC. It will be interesting to see if anything comes of this. Meanwhile I will return to my lurking status.

For your sake Mac, and everyone else who enjoys WC, I certainly hope something comes of this to keep the azzhats in check.

Viper out
(No, really this time)

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.122 seconds