Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #191160

• [M]yGUNNZZ
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1768
Lets really think about this for a secound!!Putting good noobs in with us will not fix the bad playing or there cussing..and moving noobs that have a good kdr ratio ..what do you think is going to happen to that ratio in the big server??All this started to fix poor behavior right??What will fix that is called MODS!!!!!Do a petition for that...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cricket

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #191162

• *EOI* RAPTOR
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 5126
Is it for behavior? Like its been mentioned there will always be the bad apples.

If a noob is skilled the chance of becoming better will only happen when they play better players. They will drop in there K/D, everyone does, they will also become !much better...... A tit for tat.

Flyin and dyin
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, Weather[*M]an

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #191170

• [NLR]Jacob10000
  • Thank you received: 1711
I agree with the fact that the "noob" sever allows people to gain some skill before joining "the big league" but the lower ranks don't the same guidance of veteran players that we used to. I haven't checked lately but I wouldl think it safe to assume that the low rank server is a cesspool of teamkilling and foul language.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Weather[*M]an

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #191207

• Cricket
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The Mayor
  • Thank you received: 1166

Manfred wrote: Signed, Manfred

I agree with the spirit of what you're proposing. The culture coming out of an unmoderated and unguided (by anyone possessing sportsmanship) player base is like Lord of the Flies.

But realisitically, Zup won't do this. The bitch-to-Z factor will go up, and his email inbox will get flooded. So as a backup, I support the follow-on Plan B to shorten the stay on the noob server, so they can move to the Established Sportsmanship Server before they get too used to eating each other without utensils.

Just Manfred

Edit: Even with a shorter stay on the noob server, they should be ready with their brakes to defend against MJA, Kero, and Cricket :whistle:

If I'm coming in with a bomb, have a tank in range, or an incoming teammate... Damn straight. Maybe they'll learn faster than the "honorable" players. Perhaps an info box could pop up for newer players explaining the immunity effect your brakes give you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =£= Knight!

Last edit: by Cricket.

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #191210

• [*M]Reckless
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The pilot formerly known as Porkfinger
  • Thank you received: 2690
Hello folks, your ol' buddy Pork here. Just dropping by to humbly clarify the difference between a "noob" and a "newb" (as it applies to us in Dogfight) so that we don't collectively insult anyone who is more internet forum savvy than most of us here (myself included....I'm old):

Newb: A "newbie" or inexperienced player of lower rank

Noob: A new or inexperienced player ho thinks they are the cats ass already and isn't interested in learning from the likes of you or anyone else, also applies to an experienced player with the same attitude. Can also refer to an idiot, knob, or troll.

These are very loose definitions folks, I'm at work with a boss nearby and can't elaborate any further. Refer to Urban Dictionary or other sources for complete definitions.

Your friend,

Ambassador Porkins

SANITY IS HIGHLY OVERRATED....

Last edit: by [*M]Reckless.

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #191217

• Heff006
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 219
I vote no

Last edit: by Heff006. Reason: Dirty nappy

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #191237

• RedBaroness
  • RedBaroness's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Yes, I started the @ posting system... Lol ;-)
  • Thank you received: 146
Guys, think of it this way,
1. A newdie joins the game, he starts learning bad behavior, like spawnkilling, camping, etc. his KDR will get good, he will then go to the higher server, he will very quickly learn people don't like that behavior, be shoot up, and go back to the lower server. Lessen learned before he becomes too big headed and becomes a problem for everyone.

2. A newbie joins the game, he has talent and quickly gets to the higher server, he's there for a while and learns a lot about strategy, then he either is good enough and stays up there or he goes back to the lower server having more experience for when he gets to level 10.

3. A newbie joins the game, he is an average pilot, so he doesn't get moved up to the higher server until level 10, two levels higher then it was.

=======

So, this incorporates almost everything we've talked about working.

1. The level that you need to reach, to move up to the higher sever is now 10.
2. Noobs that are misbehaving get their egos cut down by more experienced players.
3. If a pilot is truly skilled, they get the chance to move up and improve their skills.

What's wrong with that? :huh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: =£= Knight!

Last edit: by RedBaroness.

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #191372

• [M]yGUNNZZ
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Me and longrifle just played a game with this new NOOB deal and let me say after many f bombs people clueless in tanks and finishing a game with 19 kills rifle having 18 kills in a BOMB THE BASE mission that was a blast!!!!Not!!!This ideal makes no sense what so ever..the whole point to get into the big servers is to be away from the ignorance.Doing this to mold or correct certain behavior was POINTLESS!!Again thats what mods are for.BTW how many people signed this petition?? How about a petition to change it back!!Let the mods deal with bad behavior thats what blacklist is for becouse there no reason in the world a bombing mission last 2 runs lol...If I wanted to play with the noobs id start over again!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Longrifle

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #191377

• =£= Knight!
  • Thank you received: 78

RedBaroness wrote: Guys, think of it this way,
1. A newdie joins the game, he starts learning bad behavior, like spawnkilling, camping, etc. his KDR will get good, he will then go to the higher server, he will very quickly learn people don't like that behavior, be shoot up, and go back to the lower server. Lessen learned before he becomes too big headed and becomes a problem for everyone.

2. A newbie joins the game, he has talent and quickly gets to the higher server, he's there for a while and learns a lot about strategy, then he either is good enough and stays up there or he goes back to the lower server having more experience for when he gets to level 10.

3. A newbie joins the game, he is an average pilot, so he doesn't get moved up to the higher server until level 10, two levels higher then it was.

=======

So, this incorporates almost everything we've talked about working.

1. The level that you need to reach, to move up to the higher sever is now 10.
2. Noobs that are misbehaving get their egos cut down by more experienced players.
3. If a pilot is truly skilled, they get the chance to move up and improve their skills.

What's wrong with that? :huh:

Well, its perfect. I agree with this system.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedBaroness

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #191378

• [NLR] Big*Joe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Meta Gaming 101
  • Thank you received: 592
what are the requirements for a noob below lvl 10? im lvl 8 and my kdr is 160/80 with 26 hangars and 30 wins, i'd like to think im pretty good for a newb.....against noobs that is, i do know better, but i frequently have matches where i'm +8 or +10 in kills and take out 3 guys at once by myself only to have them respawn and come back only to be shot down again. Now again i know there noobs, but my point is if im not good enough to get in before level 10 how good do i need to be so i can try to have something to shoot for?
NewLunarRepublic.spruz.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedBaroness

Last edit: by [NLR] Big*Joe.

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #191437

• RedBaroness
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Gunnerzz, I'm not sure what your problem is, that noob that was cussing? That's when YOU have the opportunity to teach him better, and it's easier to do that when they are new, then when they are more experienced.

Also, there are not enough mods in the newbie server to stop all the bad behavior, so when a noob goes to the higher server, mobs can stop them more easily. Instead of the behavior getting worse over time.

Gunner626, with stats like that, you should be flying in the higher server now or soon, I hope you like a challenge! Though, with your skill, you will have it easier. :)
Btw, if you're looking for a squadron, check out the 151st Blazing Bullets thread, that's my squad. :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] Big*Joe

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #191463

• [NLR] Big*Joe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Meta Gaming 101

RedBaroness wrote:
Gunner626, with stats like that, you should be flying in the higher server now or soon, I hope you like a challenge! Though, with your skill, you will have it easier. :)
Btw, if you're looking for a squadron, check out the 151st Blazing Bullets thread, that's my squad. :P

thx Red, i havent been put into a pro server yet, but i guess im okay with not getting hunted by the big boys for a little longer LOL, i tend to kill the same pilots over and over in matches which i've noticed makes them seek me out, sometimes even announcing it and having all their teammates hunt me down with them, but that just gets me more pumped and thats when i usually wind up taking them all out, then i've got them hunting me the whole game, freakin NOOBS LOL,i've even been asked if i'm using a top teir plane, but i'm only using the noob plane w no upgrades so i can save my coin for a big boy plane.

As for squadrons, i do plan to join one, but since i'm a noob i dont know which ones are helpful to noobs and which ones only care about the big dogs, and i'm not the type to join a squad just to leave for greener pastures so my plan is to wait a bit longer til i learn a little about the different squads, also i'm old enough to have an 11yr old at home so i'd also like to find a squad that has some 20 or 30 somethings in it rather than all kids the age of my kid LOL. Also i like to stay loyal to those that help me so i will consider 151st but I wont choose one until i know a bit more. I really appreciate the offer and i will defiantly keep 151st at the top of my list ;)

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #191500

• [M]yGUNNZZ
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

RedBaroness wrote: Gunnerzz, I'm not sure what your problem is, that noob that was cussing? That's when YOU have the opportunity to teach him better, and it's easier to do that when they are new, then when they are more experienced.

Also, there are not enough mods in the newbie server to stop all the bad behavior, so when a noob goes to the higher server, mobs can stop them more easily. Instead of the behavior getting worse over time.

What my problem is ???Didn't say that I had a problem I don't believe???Im posting my opinion on a thread you started do you feel like I have a problem becouse I don't agree???Humm sorry about that but still don't agree...like I mentioned before do a petition for mods!!!Then we can correct bad behavior...thats all im saying!!!!

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #191513

• RedBaroness
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Sounds great Gunner626, I waited for a while looking at squads before starting my own, good luck with picking, there are a lot of good ones!

Gunnerzz, I'm not upset with you, nor am I trying to insult you in any way. By saying, "I'm not sure what your problem is," all I'm saying is, I don't know why you are opposed to flying with and teaching newbies, that's all. You are entitled to your opinion, though with all this information about it, I was surprised that you didn't agree.

To yours and many peoples cries for moderators, that's not an easily done thing.
Firstly, you need people willing to do ALL the work that's involved and are able to put in the time.
Secondly, they must be competent, meaning that they would not use their mod privileges with out good reason, they won't try to get back at other pilots and they must always listen to the authority of the mods that are above them, etc.
And so on, and so on...

You can't just say, "hay, get some mods!" And think they're just going to pop up ready and willing, be responsible enough to do the job and that they're going to fix everything. If they are picked to quickly, they could cause more problems then they solve.

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #191548

• [NLR] Big*Joe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Meta Gaming 101
Holy Shhhhh! i just got put it the big boy server for the first time (btw it was at lvl 8, and only once my kills was OVER double what my deaths were)....lets put it this way, the match before in noob server i was 9 kills and 2 deaths, and my next match (in pro server) WOW....i was killed 6 straight times before i realized I'm doomed and figured best to give my spot to someone more worthy, now i was against a squad and kept running into 3 or more of them at a time and all alone no less, and in my first match on the big boy server, but i must say NEVER GET RID OF THE NOOB SERVERS as many noobs will not stand a chance a give up before ever getting a chance at success.
The following user(s) said Thank You: horriblebreast, [TFL] muziki1

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #191846

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
I'll sign. Never did like the idea of noobs being separated.

See you in the skies (In 8 days) ;)
See you in the skies!

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #191857

• Allied
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • God save the Queen!
  • Thank you received: 162
Please don't argue too much over this issue. At least don't make it as bad the last time politics were discussed...

Peace and Мир!
our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen! Send her victorious, Happy and glorious, Long to reign over us, God save the Queen!
[IMG]img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb200912171940...320px-Union_flag_160[IMG]
Attachments:

Last edit: by Allied. Reason: Murica is good and CCCP BAD

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #191862

• darraxx
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10674
I agree lesson the noob time give them time to learn to fly but not get the ego. I'm not with the kd ratio thing. But get the noons here sooner than later to me open.servers was the way. Those big guns only made me want to be better. There was once a code of conduct. I would like to see it come back.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [TFL] muziki1

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #191863

• [TFL] muziki1
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 180
I feel that the noob server is a vital part of the game. It gave me a basic understanding of the game. If I had been thrown into the big server straight away, I would have packed it in. Don't get rid of the noob server.

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #191875

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
I think the noob server is a good thing.

It's also great to allow the noobs to choose the upper servers so they can see what they have to train up to. :evil:

My suggestion is for three servers:

1. Keep the "noobs only" server (up to rank 10+/-), while giving the noobs the option to choose a higher server.
2. Have a pre 1917 +/- server open to everyone but keep the available planes limited to the lower 5 from each hangar.
3. Have the top server open to all pilots and all planes.

* I suppose the "noob server" could be for anyone but limited to planes from the earliest part of the war. (First 2 from each hangar?) (10-15 second immunity to control spawnkilling?)
* Noobs would be free to see what they are in for before being thrown into the big pond.
* The middle server would provide a more level playing field for those who have not yet unlocked, earned or purchased the top tier planes.
* The middle server would allow a better opportunity to help train lower ranks largely because the plane performance would be similar.
* The upper, or "big boy" server would be for high skilled, high ranked , and those who truly aspire to be such, so they can have a "no holds barred" sky brawl without driving off players who aren't ready for it yet.
* The lower servers would also be venues where the lower tier planes (from earlier in the war) could be matched against others from the same era. (There have been many times when I went with an older, slower plane just to enjoy something different, only to find myself facing superior fire power from another MORAF and wishing I had just gone with my top plane. It would make it easier to appreciate all of the planes instead of only the top performing ones. After all, most of them were a "top tier" plane when they were first made. How realistic is it to have seen a Fokker D8 vs a Nieport 11?)
* In some ways, segregating servers roughly by date would be more historically realistic.

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.
Time to create page: 0.570 seconds