Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #190849

• [M]FOX#1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "I sniff through the desert like a fox"Erwin Romel
  • Thank you received: 3804
How about put all the big boys in a moraf sever! :woohoo:
And let the rest of us play in Pease!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: King of the Skys, Ziza, Team Killer., Rat Tat Tat!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by [M]FOX#1.

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #190857

• BTJ582
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2533
Well I play like a noob. Really check out my stats! I suck so what will happen to me? Maybe I should have my own server because then at least I could get a kill when I blow myself up with a bomb.

I am an ex-submarine sailor who has taken the battle to the sky.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Weather[*M]an

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #190861

• [TFL] Robert33
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Hoot Hoot Shoot
  • Thank you received: 411

Rat Tat Tat! wrote: Everyone has an ego in this game cmon lol, lets be realistic here. If no one had an ego there wouldnt be a blacklist thread. A good example is the new "who has never bought points thread" all i see in there is pilots bragging how they earned their points, nothing wrong with that its honorable, but everyone has an ego.

That's true, pilots won't be pilots without the accompanying ego. Its what gives both real and virtual pilots the confidence to fly and fight. However, there are times that an ego or two goes overboard...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rat Tat Tat!

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #190869

• Rat Tat Tat!
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 148
Great point Robert, i agree 100%
The following user(s) said Thank You: [TFL] Robert33

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #190873

• Ziza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 419
Ok, first, no one it's a noob. I get in level 8 whit 438 kills and 30 deaths. NO ONE CAN SAY " there is a pilot noob because he is new" and no ones can say " there is an excellent pilot because he is veteran " . I supost the big problem ( like rat say) it's when some one think he has the true of what and why all must play the game. I don't care if some one shoot me in the spawn, I don't care if some one it's camping. Never, nerver I have left a game when I see a top pilot, but, when I get in , many top pilots get out leaving the " noob" alone vs me. I remember when I was in the first servers, many pilots use the chat for say " ey! Let's get hem !! " or " ey ! Let's fly toguetter for shoot hem down " , but when I get in to big servers the chat say " you are a cheating, you can't shoot me whit the airco!" Or only silence, no ones say nothing.

I don't care if the news pilots don't uses rules, I care of them when they only know figth face to face, they don't know makes turns. If we gonna make a warning about the " noobs" must be about no ones try to teach hem tactics , or tips, they are only a easey target, o no! But they make spawnkills, we must do something !

I guess, the solution of many problems it's that window came out when you spawn in a new game, explaining the type of the mission, I supost Zup must add some tactics and ways , manouvers and rules, that's all. Really sorry my english

And btw, why many stil confuse the camping whit the spawnkill ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZebraUp, [TFL] Robert33, =£= Knight!, Rat Tat Tat!

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #190874

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866
No apologies needed. Your English and your meaning are very clear. Really good points. I wish all of the new Level 8's had your attitude, but they don't. Many think that suddenly they are in a land of cheaters, and if they aren't winning, they are whining. Others get on the upper servers and think they can spew all sorts of crap over chat, and when they get targeted by bullets they say Cheater and leave.

But your attitude is wonderful. And rare.

Manfred
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ziza

Last edit: by Manfred.

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #190884

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142
I've been thinking about this. I can't remove the noob servers because they were created for a reason. They were getting massacred by top players. Before the noob servers what was done is to give none or very little points if you killed a lower level plane... still it didn't work. Very few people refrains from killing an enemy plane just because they are 10 levels bellow.

On the other hand, the big jump when they go from the lower level to the higher level servers is kind of scary.

So I had an idea. I could organize it on 2 different type of servers:
1) Lower kill ratio servers, but any rank is available. If you are rank 20 but your kill ratio is low, you can be playing against a rank 1.
2) Higher kill ratio servers... I suspect morafs and such will be here but they may have to compete against a rank 10 guy that is just awesome pilot and has a fantastic kill ratio.

It also allows for some rotation, because even if you are a MORAF if your ratio falls a lot, you may be playing against rank 1 guys until you raise again to higher kill ratios.

what do you think?
The following user(s) said Thank You: *EOI* RAPTOR

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #190899

• Bla Blue
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 284

zuperman wrote: I've been thinking about this. I can't remove the noob servers because they were created for a reason. They were getting massacred by top players. Before the noob servers what was done is to give none or very little points if you killed a lower level plane... still it didn't work. Very few people refrains from killing an enemy plane just because they are 10 levels bellow.

On the other hand, the big jump when they go from the lower level to the higher level servers is kind of scary.

1) Lower kill ratio servers, but any rank is available. If you are rank 20 but your kill ratio is low, you can be playing against a rank 1.
2) Higher kill ratio servers... I suspect morafs and such will be here but they may have to compete against a rank 10 guy that is just awesome pilot and has a fantastic kill ratio.

It also allows for some rotation, because even if you are a MORAF if your ratio falls a lot, you may be playing against rank 1 guys until you raise again to higher kill ratios.

what do you think?

I think thats very good! B) . But some low rank guys may team kill or swear too much! :unsure:

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #190942

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866
A stats formula to assign a player to a server is a good idea. Two endpoints:
1) Avoid having players of a certain skill on the noob server, so they don't get destroyed repeatedly and give up playing, but move up when they are out of noob mode
2) Avoid having highly skilled killers dip back down into the.noob server, where they will make mincemeat out of level 1's and 2's

There's no perfect formula, but this thread will shortly become filled with all sorts of suggestions! If you need to keep it simple, k/d with a minimum rank cutoff is a pretty good skill indicator IMO. If you lower the current cutoff by a couple ranks (but still allowing a player to have a decent plane in the hard-playing server), adding a k/d will keep slower skills from graduating to the harder server. So anyone who gets to, say, rank6, and is ruling the noob skies with k/d, will move up. Put in some debounce/hysteresis in the logic so people at the threshold don't bounce back and forth.

Also, please consider adding to the formula a minimum rank floor for the harder server, so high rankers with lower k/d (some just fly that way, but they are very good to have on your side because they know how to save the day) will not drop down to the noob server. I think this last point is important; no one of a certain rank should be on the noob server (not sure what rank, maybe 15?). If you put this number into the hysteresis value for dropping back down, it should work well.

Manfred

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #190969

• Ziza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 419

zuperman wrote: I've been thinking about this. I can't remove the noob servers because they were created for a reason. They were getting massacred by top players. Before the noob servers what was done is to give none or very little points if you killed a lower level plane... still it didn't work. Very few people refrains from killing an enemy plane just because they are 10 levels bellow.

what do you think?

Ya valió madres!! Voy a volar solo !! :silly: A mi no me gusta la idea, la verdad, pero no veo otra solución

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #190975

• *EOI* RAPTOR
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 5126
Its an awesome idea!!! How ever I shall miss my friends for a while...... Until my k/d r becomes respectable.......❔

The nice thing about the mood server is also the fact that they weed there self out before moving up. They game up at the big boys and girls server would see a ton more poor form playing then we do now. I remember those days, can you imagine the complaining that would go one if the noobs were up there phewwwww!!!!

Its a great idea Zup, hope it works out to be implemented, just don't make the k/d r bar too high.......

Flyin and dyin

Last edit: by *EOI* RAPTOR.

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #190978

• RedBaroness
  • RedBaroness's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Yes, I started the @ posting system... Lol ;-)
  • Thank you received: 146
I love the ideas Zuperman & Manfred!
One thing that may help too is that, when you enter your first game, instructions pop up; first how to take off, then what you are supposed to do, simple stuff, like...
"The pilots with Blue names are your Allies, you fly with them!"
"The pilots with Red names are your Enemies, shoot them down!"
If it's a btb, once you fly to the red base, "Try to get past the Reds to bomb their hangers!"
And so on. Also stuff about not shooting pilots on the runway & not hanging out at the enemy base and shooting everyone. Maybe some higher penalties for shooting Blues or bombing you own hangers.

When there was no server separation, we learned from the higher ranked pilots how to act, noobs don't get that now, so there needs to be something that helps them to understand the ways of the game, or you just end up with a bunch of sour pilots that don't know any better, and become bad sports calling everyone cheaters and all manner of names, when they can no longer get kills.

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #190981

• *EOI* RAPTOR
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BTJ582 wrote: Well I play like a noob. Really check out my stats! I suck so what will happen to me? Maybe I should have my own server because then at least I could get a kill when I blow myself up with a bomb.

BT!!!!! COOL YOULL BE THERE TOO!!!!! NOT SO BAD THEN!

Flyin and dyin

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #190990

• khaoswolf 13
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 81
I say leave the noob servers the way they are cause with the new planes even seasoned players gets slaughtered by them so why do that to noobs? Let them get there ego up then cut it down its better that way! Like Gunnerzz said its not just noobs doing it looks like its all Ranks and people taken the no mods to the limits. Don't matter what lvl you are if your a bad apple then your a bad apple!

Only thing I would say needs changed is make them stay longer cause at lvl 8 you still get cut down fast cause seasoned players lol I would make noobs stay till lvl 10 that's just me. And reason for that is 8-10 you are trying to upgrade 2nd tier planes still if you don't spend really money on points. After lvl 10 you do alright against higher lvls.

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #190994

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3991

what do you think?

I love the idea zup!!!! Sounds like a real game changer. Then the poor rookies wont get murdered by the Top Guns of dogfight.
Retired in the skies of Dogfight.
Raising Hell in the skies of Warthunder
The following user(s) said Thank You: *EOI* RAPTOR, RedBaroness

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #190995

• khaoswolf 13
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 81
Didn't see all the post when I posted so on your idea it would be good Zup but then you get these guys that don't care what there stats or kdr is and they will figure out were the line is and keep under it like do one good game then just die the next game to keep there kdr low and just worry about lvling over stats! ( I won't lie if it was like that I would keep my kdr to crap till I hit lvl 31 then worry about kdr later.) To alot of players its not all about stats or kdr its about having fun and killing lower lvls is funer then trying to kill higher lvls! Only reason I say that is cause you have a high lvl and good stats you don't get or have any thing different then high lvls with a bad kdr. If any of this makes sense the way I said it.

Last edit: by khaoswolf 13.

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #190997

• [M]yGUNNZZ
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1768
Lets play the game and stop trying to change it every other day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ziza

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #190998

• RedBaroness
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

SpeedKills wrote: I say leave the noob servers the way they are cause with the new planes even seasoned players gets slaughtered by them so why do that to noobs? Let them get there ego up then cut it down its better that way! Like Gunnerzz said its not just noobs doing it looks like its all Ranks and people taken the no mods to the limits. Don't matter what lvl you are if your a bad apple then your a bad apple!

Only thing I would say needs changed is make them stay longer cause at lvl 8 you still get cut down fast cause seasoned players lol I would make noobs stay till lvl 10 that's just me. And reason for that is 8-10 you are trying to upgrade 2nd tier planes still if you don't spend really money on points. After lvl 10 you do alright against higher lvls.

But here's the difference Speed, they're not getting their egos cut down, no matter what you say or how many times you shoot them, they don't change, and I believe that if these "bad apples" were shown how to act earlier, they wouldn't be bad apples.

If you make the stay in the noob server longer, all you do is give them more time without guidelines, making for more disrespectful pilots.

Also, the reason why at level 10 you can hold your own, is that you just got 2 levels of practice with the Big kids, not because you have enough skills by that level.

Us that had to play with the big guns from the beginning, got most of our skills very early on, I was about level 5 when I started to get the hang of avoiding Crockett's (and others) fire until I could get close enough to shoot him! :lol:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I see more pilots leaving now because it's being to hard when they get into the big server, or because they think it's to easy and boring in the noob servers.
I don't remember any mass exodus of players because it was too hard back when there was one server, I remember us all trying harder to improve our skills and kill the Aces! All hoping that one day we'd be one! Lol

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #190999

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142
Ok, so I'm changing the servers in a few minutes after some testing. This is how it will be:

If you are higher or equal to rank 10, you will always be on the higher end servers.
If you are lower, then I use your kill/death ratio to calculate where to place you. I use the existing average so it's not a fixed number. If you are worse than the average players, you will continue on lower end servers until you hit rank 10. But if you are higher than average, even if you are rank 3, you may find yourself against a MORAF.

My guess is that a rank 3 vs a moraf server will soon be back to low end servers, but at least they have a chance to experience it and who knows, maybe the are actually the next red baron :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [M]FOX#1, RedBaroness, [TFL] Robert33, 111th|Royal Flush, {O}__PREDATOR__, Ziza, =£= Knight!

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #191005

• RedBaroness
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
You guys got to remember too, that if there was no problem, we would not be talking about it.

I don't think anyone likes being cussed out all the time by groups of low ranker, and I certainly don't enjoy having disrespect, sexiest pigs in almost every game, it was not like this before because the high rankers taught everyone how to act.

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #191006

• {O}__PREDATOR__
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • I play with my food.
  • Thank you received: 330
You're right RedB. When I first started playing 2 years ago I had no ego cause I was constantly being killed by top guys like wig and Davy. No one even cursed at all back then. I don't even remember any profanity. Those were the goo old days...
The following user(s) said Thank You: *EOI* RAPTOR, RedBaroness, Templar, Ziza

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #191046

• Allied
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • God save the Queen!
  • Thank you received: 162

what do you think?

Sorry, but this is a horrible idea. Early on I had a horrible KDR but got better in skill. My KDR in stats is horrible but in a game it is good. I do not want to have to play against people I have never seen before! It would be boring and the noob servers would be trembling...

our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen! Send her victorious, Happy and glorious, Long to reign over us, God save the Queen!
[IMG]img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb200912171940...320px-Union_flag_160[IMG]
Attachments:

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #191059

• Rat Tat Tat!
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 148
This going to be hilarious :lol:. I can see it now, 2 reds coming your way, one is level 8 and one is 31 Im sure I know who you will target for an easy kill. I see pilots that keep saying "well when i started i played against the best and got smoked until i learned" well guess what youre not every pilot, so stop speaking for everyone else. Players will be discouraged and stop playing.

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #191085

• RedBaroness
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Allied, you won't go to the lower server, you're above level 10! :silly:

Rat, the point is that as a noob, being able to fight the big guns is a great way to try out your skills! And if you don't have the skills, you don't have to fight them.
As I'm one of the main people to say that we learned by fighting the big guns, I'm not speaking for everyone, I'm speaking for who I saw and flew with, which almost all of them still fly with honor, enjoy the game and didn't get discouraged.

I'm not saying this is the perfect solution, but it's a good one, and with further discussion, we may find a better one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: {O}__PREDATOR__

Last edit: by RedBaroness.

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #191114

• Allied
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • God save the Queen!
  • Thank you received: 162
I think a good idea would be to level up to the normal server at level 6
our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen! Send her victorious, Happy and glorious, Long to reign over us, God save the Queen!
[IMG]img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb200912171940...320px-Union_flag_160[IMG]

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #191122

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836
What ever we do is not going to really make a difference on how people behave. Ever since that game has started there have been bad apples and it did not even matter what you told them they were just bad from the start. Its common sense to shoot reds and not blues in pretty much every game out there. Changing what time the new guys get to the big kids server is not going to change a thing. It is nice that we have our moderators though because for one thing there are fewer bad apples now than there were 3 to 4 years ago. The game used to be a zoo then. It was just like any other first person shooter game out there. You had your team killers and your cursing jack wagons in every game and it wasn’t just one player there usually were 3 or 4. Sometimes all of them were like that. You also had all the noob jokes except the experienced pilots were level 10 pilots and not level 25 - 31.

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #191125

• RedBaroness
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Well, you're above level 10, right Allied? Anyone at level 10 moves up and then stays in the higher server! :lol: it's just the noobs that, if they're really good, can fly in the higher server.

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #191127

• Dr CurtisShoe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 802
Well done with your tenacity on this issue Red B! May not have been the solution you wanted at the start, but you got discussion goin! Thanks..... :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedBaroness

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #191158

• *EOI* RAPTOR
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Skydavis1 wrote: What ever we do is not going to really make a difference on how people behave. Ever since that game has started there have been bad apples and it did not even matter what you told them they were just bad from the start. Its common sense to shoot reds and not blues in pretty much every game out there. Changing what time the new guys get to the big kids server is not going to change a thing. It is nice that we have our moderators though because for one thing there are fewer bad apples now than there were 3 to 4 years ago. The game used to be a zoo then. It was just like any other first person shooter game out there. You had your team killers and your cursing jack wagons in every game and it wasn’t just one player there usually were 3 or 4. Sometimes all of them were like that. You also had all the noob jokes except the experienced pilots were level 10 pilots and not level 25 - 31.

Sky!!!!!! Good to see you sir!!

Your absolutely correct, right on the money. As usual.

Flyin and dyin
The following user(s) said Thank You: yakuza

Petition to remove noob server, sign it! 9 years 10 months ago #191159

• *EOI* RAPTOR
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Rat Tat Tat! wrote: This going to be hilarious :lol:. I can see it now, 2 reds coming your way, one is level 8 and one is 31 Im sure I know who you will target for an easy kill. I see pilots that keep saying "well when i started i played against the best and got smoked until i learned" well guess what youre not every pilot, so stop speaking for everyone else. Players will be discouraged and stop playing.

I think your right for the most part Tat, I can only go off my own experience when I first started, couple years ago. I did get smoked, a ton!!! My K/d didn't even out till around 18000!!! That said, there were only about 5 MORAFs in the game and you seldom played against them. When you did, you died..... A lot.

That was back then, most players were on cell phones not mega GHz processor tabs and to day there is most often mor then one MORAF in the game, withe 150 of us there's a darn good chance you be in a game with one. That said the players starting will get discouraged and quit even if its only for a while.

I like the grouping of similar K/D Ratio, they need to earn there way just like we all did, just don't need them to feel like its a game of bully.....

Flyin and dyin

Time to create page: 0.521 seconds