Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

Spawnkilling 10 years 3 months ago #155003

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398

zuperman wrote: Guys, I'm disappointed that I always have to modify stuff so people don't abuse the system.

I mean, it's common sense and it hurts you otherwise. I'm talking now about letting players take off. In the past 3 days every time I log in,someone different is flying around the enemy airport and then shooting players before they take off.

Problem? Well, usually they are new people who just playing for the first or second time, after 2 minutes without any hope because usually the person doing this is a way higher rank, they leave the game and NEVER come back, writing reviews saying the game is boring.

I find myself alone on my team while this person flying is just collecting points. Obviously if they know who I am, they stop, but since I'm not always playing it's just bothers me that this person is not able to have some kind of manners towards players.

So what now? I'm forced to add an inmunity option for maybe 30 seconds after take off, or maybe just ban everyone that shoots me 2 times before i take off with a message that says "you are a jerk" or similar :P
you get the idea. let others have fun and you'll have fun. My idea of fun is not to login and leave myself alone on my side with no enemies playing.

:blink:

The spawnkilling asshats created the need for the noob servers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]bhfoust, [*M]VonHuLK, Frank Baracca

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

Spawnkilling 10 years 3 months ago #155004

• Weather[*M]an
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • C'est la vie
  • Thank you received: 2065
man I guess the skystalker douches just want to be killed by the bunches. I obliged Gog today and will be more than happy to do the same to any that roll with his asshat excuse of a squad. Let it be known, your days are numbered.
Ignorance has a way of enlightening us all.

Spawnkilling 10 years 3 months ago #155010

• [*M]bhfoust
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Rock'n the tank since 2012
  • Thank you received: 8857
did someone say stay of this thread!!!! fat chance pal....,ass of hats you have trashed up our thread for a week now. you better brace yourself. .....Misfits are coming!!!

Spawnkilling 10 years 3 months ago #155018

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 13215

McFate wrote:

zuperman wrote: Guys, I'm disappointed that I always have to modify stuff so people don't abuse the system.

I mean, it's common sense and it hurts you otherwise. I'm talking now about letting players take off. In the past 3 days every time I log in,someone different is flying around the enemy airport and then shooting players before they take off.

Problem? Well, usually they are new people who just playing for the first or second time, after 2 minutes without any hope because usually the person doing this is a way higher rank, they leave the game and NEVER come back, writing reviews saying the game is boring.

I find myself alone on my team while this person flying is just collecting points. Obviously if they know who I am, they stop, but since I'm not always playing it's just bothers me that this person is not able to have some kind of manners towards players.

So what now? I'm forced to add an inmunity option for maybe 30 seconds after take off, or maybe just ban everyone that shoots me 2 times before i take off with a message that says "you are a jerk" or similar :P
you get the idea. let others have fun and you'll have fun. My idea of fun is not to login and leave myself alone on my side with no enemies playing.

I have seen spawnkilling several times lately, even by veteran players, I will say COME ON GUYS GO RELOAD.

Now if I am on a bombing run i keep shooting everything that moves until I bomb and then i turn around and leave with them chasing me. I love trying to avoid getting shot down on the way to the my base.

Personally I enjoy clearing my airbase of reds, makes you nothing but better. You just have to learn to get up. There are a couple, I wont name them, that are so good at dropping and camper that no one can take off, no matter what you do.

However on a zep mission you almost have to keep them on the ground sometimes when the zep is nearing the red base.

ZUPERMAN I say unto you, HONOR has flown out the window. You cant teach it nor regulate it, people either have it or they don't. It's the way of the world nowadays
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, Frank Baracca

Spawnkilling 10 years 3 months ago #155027

• Rudolf Rednose
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 2783
Used to sk, because i didn't know better. Thought: All is fair in love and war!

While playing, you get to know better.
What I missed was a little guidance on what is good form.
A Banner, or something like that, explaining how to be a good sport might help, after all noobs do not check the forum for such.

I get into the camping argument sometimes after bombing. I say they should let me get away then....and stop shooting at me.
Naturely i turn around, and p!ss them off.

A choice between immediate take off and manning an anti aircraftgun before takeoff might even the odds for everyone a bit.

But isn't this a great game?! (We just forget to see it as such, in the heat of it.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK

Spawnkilling 10 years 3 months ago #155083

• Frank Baracca
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • In memory of Francesco Baracca Ace of Aces
  • Thank you received: 1443

McFate wrote:

But then the equation is simple!!

SPAWNKILLER = NOOB
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, Rudolf Rednose

Spawnkilling 10 years 3 months ago #155115

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
  • Thank you received: 2818
Need I say more? :whistle:

I could care....But I dont
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]TBUILT, Howie

Spawnkilling 10 years 3 months ago #155201

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
From zuperman's thread titled "Let people take off":

zuperman wrote: .... From my point of view spawn killing is bad, period. No excuse for it. Everybody does it eventually because it just happen but setting a rule to when it is ok is completely unnecessary.
It is like cursing. You do it from time to time and nobody will say anything... Now go in a cursing tirade and you get banned.

I thought it was worth while to have it in this thread for prosperity sake. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, Rudolf Rednose

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

Spawnkilling 10 years 3 months ago #155202

• yose[M]ite
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 802

This is what i alway tell myself
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate

Spawnkilling 10 years 2 months ago #162102

• Luke Skystalker
  • Luke Skystalker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 74

Thanks for all your responses. To the naysayers I say that we could just do away with airport and spawn in sky. What would you do then?

Time to create page: 0.610 seconds