Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Dogfight forum!

Tell us and other pilots who you are, what you like and why you became a Dogfight pilot.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC:

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #124649

• BlüEMäX
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Chicken & Waffles!!
  • Thank you received: 3085
I thought about it for a bit.

Davy-no :blink:

Swop-yessssssssss :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vampire Priest, ParrotHead

Please Log in to join the conversation.

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #124650

• Vampire Priest
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 618

doughens wrote: Again you and Kane totally missed the point of my post.....volunteering someone for anything without them knowing it doesn't seem right...that was only the point of the post not views for or against TASK or the reasons therein for TASK.

Question:
So Blue Max....does that mean your going to suggest to Kane to have Davy be "TASK'ed" cause he disagrees with TASK multiple times and in public like I have posted long long ago which in fact are "red-herrings" to the discussion with Spectre and I?

THIS IS NOT A SQUADRON IN ANY CONVENTIONAL SENSE...YOU DONT GET RECRUITED,YOU VOLUNTEER,YOU POST YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH A TK,SK NOOB AND KILL THEM.AS I HAVE POSTED,AGAIN, I DONT CARE WHO AGREES AND WHO DOESNT,THAT WAS A FORSEEN THOUGHT..YOU WANNA HUNT..THEN PUT ON A TASK TAG,LEAVE YOUR SQUAD OUT OF IT AND TEACH OLD SCHOOL..THIS IS NOT A PLACE FOR DISCUSSION..THE ONLY REPORTING DONE IS A HEADS UP..NOTHING MORE. ANYONE CAN KILL A TK OR SK,GREY,BH,ANYONE WHO WILL MAKE IT SAFE AND FUN FOR FAIR NOOBS AND VETS ARE WELCOME TO TAG UP OR KILL WITH THEIR OWN TAG. IF YOU WANT AUTHORIZED ACTION, THEN GO TO BL THREAD,I CONDONE AND PRACTICE THE KILLING OF ABUSERS WITHOUT A SECOND THOUGHT,AND NOT SEE THEM DO IT IN FRONT OF ME,I WILL BELIEVE MAX,WHIP,WTG,AND MANY OTHERS WITHOUT SEEING THE TK IN ACTION.UNLESS YOURE GOING TO ADD A NOOB ON HERE,DONT POST.

Last edit: by Vampire Priest.

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #124652

• Spectre-Blackstar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • "..with a garlic aroma that could level Tacoma"
  • Thank you received: 742

doughens wrote: Again you and Kane totally missed the point of my post.....volunteering someone for anything without them knowing it doesn't seem right...that was only the point of the post not views for or against TASK or the reasons therein for TASK.

Question:
So Blue Max....does that mean your going to suggest to Kane to have Davy be "TASK'ed" cause he disagrees with TASK multiple times and in public like I have posted long long ago which in fact are "red-herrings" to the discussion with Spectre and I?

Bud--I wasn't posting views of TASK, only asking if the first post could be updated for clarification.
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|tSwopCaml

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #124654

• Vampire Priest
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Blue Max Young wrote: I thought about it for a bit.

Davy-no :blink:

Swop-yessssssssss :whistle:

HOW LONG DID IT TAKE?

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #124655

• ¥M4rtin¥
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • You'll Shoot Your Eye out Kid!
  • Thank you received: 1637
If you re-read Davy's Post, he clearly states in it's current format he wold hate to see the people in TASK get banned for taking care of those that are obviously not learning life's lesson.

Remember when we all started out before there were moderators and slenderman was the only moderator? Game play would halt and the teaching would begin.

ldwdf came up with blacklist so we could keep track and watch out for it in the game. No different except this is towards the guys that are now in segregated servers that think anything goes.

"TASK on my Friends"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr., Vampire Priest

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #124656

• Spectre-Blackstar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

legendofkane wrote:

Question:

THIS IS NOT A SQUADRON IN ANY CONVENTIONAL SENSE...YOU DONT GET RECRUITED,YOU VOLUNTEER,YOU POST YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH A TK,SK NOOB AND KILL THEM.AS I HAVE POSTED,AGAIN, I DONT CARE WHO AGREES AND WHO DOESNT,THAT WAS A FORSEEN THOUGHT..YOU WANNA HUNT..THEN PUT ON A TASK TAG,LEAVE YOUR SQUAD OUT OF IT AND TEACH OLD SCHOOL..THIS IS NOT A PLACE FOR DISCUSSION..THE ONLY REPORTING DONE IS A HEADS UP..NOTHING MORE. ANYONE CAN KILL A TK OR SK,GREY,BH,ANYONE WHO WILL MAKE IT SAFE AND FUN FOR FAIR NOOBS AND VETS ARE WELCOME TO TAG UP OR KILL WITH THEIR OWN TAG. IF YOU WANT AUTHORIZED ACTION, THEN GO TO BL THREAD,I CONDONE AND PRACTICE THE KILLING OF ABUSERS WITHOUT A SECOND THOUGHT,AND NOT SEE THEM DO IT IN FRONT OF ME,I WILL BELIEVE MAX,WHIP,WTG,AND MANY OTHERS WITHOUT SEEING THE TK IN ACTION.UNLESS YOURE GOING TO ADD A NOOB ON HERE,DONT POST.

That is PERFECT clarification--thanks, Lizard.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vampire Priest

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #124658

• Vampire Priest
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

M4rtin wrote: If you re-read Davy's Post, he clearly states in it's current format he wold hate to see the people in TASK get banned for taking care of those that are obviously not learning life's lesson.

Remember when we all started out before there were moderators and slenderman was the only moderator? Game play would halt and the teaching would begin.

ldwdf came up with blacklist so we could keep track and watch out for it in the game. No different except this is towards the guys that are now in segregated servers that think anything goes.

"TASK on my Friends"

DURING MY BAN I CHANGE NAMES SO THEY WILL NEVER SEE IT COMING AGAIN AND AGAIN.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ¥M4rtin¥

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #124664

• |111th|tSwopCaml
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 809
Spectre DID volunteer two pilots to be in TASK....I only suggested that Spectre talk to those two pilots first thats all....the rest that has been said AGAIN are "red-herrings"...

Spectre you DID say more than just "clarification" but also mentioned two pilots you volunteer for TASK and the suggestion they be notified first so they can accept or reject....

Man I didn't know Cameleons loved herring so much

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #124665

• Vampire Priest
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
IF YOU READ ZUPES REFORMATTING OF SQUADS,HE SAID HE WOULD HONOR THOSE IN EXISTENCE,TASK WAS NOT INCLUDED,ITS NOT A SQUAD,ITS WHERE YOU TAG UP AND DO A LITTLE JUSTICE AND POSSIBLY WORK OUT SOME AGGRESSION,ON A TK,SK NOOB WHO THINKS THAT WE WILL JUST SAY PLEASE STOP OR TELL EM ABOUT GETTING BANNED.NO...WE MAKE THEM MISERABLE BY NOT EVEN LIFTING OFF AND OTHERS CONTINUE TO PLAY.

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #124669

• |111th|tSwopCaml
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
....I never said or thought TASK was a squad.....

hense the herring comment by myself.

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #124671

• Vampire Priest
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

doughens wrote: Spectre DID volunteer two pilots to be in TASK....I only suggested that Spectre talk to those two pilots first thats all....the rest that has been said AGAIN are "red-herrings"...

Spectre you DID say more than just "clarification" but also mentioned two pilots you volunteer for TASK and the suggestion they be notified first so they can accept or reject....

OVER THE TOP OF YOUR HEAD AGAIN SLOP..I JUST SAID YOU......MEANING YOU PERSONALLY....WITHOUT FORCE OR PRESSURE,WITHOUT THOUGHT,EXCEPT THAT OF MAKING THIS GAME FUN FOR OTHERS......................VOLUNTEER........................NO ONE CAN VOLUNTEER ANYONE ELSE, THATS UP TO THAT INDIVIDUAL PLAYER...SPEC..IF YOU WANNA TAG UP AND HUNT THEN DO SO,NO PROB.....ITS YOUR CHOICE,AND THE CHOICE OF ANYONE THAT WANTS TO BE A TASKER...I ASSUME SPEC MEANT THAT SINCE THEY ARE GOOD KILLERS THEY WOULD MAKE GREAT TASKERS...IF ANYONE TAGS UP,THEN YOU ARE GREAT,BECAUSE YOU WANT OTHERS TO STOP BEING ABUSED.

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #124672

• Vampire Priest
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

doughens wrote: ....I never said or thought TASK was a squad.....

hense the herring comment by myself.

YOU ASSUMED I WAS TALKING TO YOU ALONE,CONCEITED,..THE POST WAS FOR ALL.

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #124673

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 13215
No task should not be a squad, just a group of volunteers that are highly trusted to hunt and destroy without the fear of getting banned.
They don't even need to hunt, if they just happen to run across someone on this list then they have the authority to go after them.

I bet it would solve the problem quickly.

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #124674

• |111th|tSwopCaml
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
WOW...thats a WHOLE LOT OF HERRING to get to the proper response you could have made to Spectre which was this....

"NO ONE CAN VOLUNTEER ANYONE ELSE, THATS UP TO THAT INDIVIDUAL PLAYER."

Okay...if you would have posted this FIRST to Spectre....it could have saved a whole bunch of herring eating by you..At least I didn't eat any herring....no matter how much I love the stuff.

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #124675

• Vampire Priest
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Davy Crockett wrote: No task should not be a squad, just a group of volunteers that are highly trusted to hunt and destroy without the fear of getting banned.
They don't even need to hunt, if they just happen to run across someone on this list then they have the authority to go after them.

I bet it would solve the problem quickly.

I DO THAT NOW DC..AND I DIDNT WANNA INTERRUPT YOUR CONVERSATION WITH SPEC SLOPPY...LIKE YOU SAID,YOU WERE TALKING TO HIM NOT ME..PASSIVE AGGRESSION DOESNT WORK HERE. AND MY POST TO WAS TO SPEC, BUT I GUESS YOU HAD CHANGE TO SPEND SO YOU DROPPED YOUR 2 CENTS WORTH.

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #124677

• BlüEMäX
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Chicken & Waffles!!
I would also have to decline any attempts to give me super powers. Where would I change into my suit? No phone booths any more.

I would like x-ray vision though. If any one could work on that. I would appreciate it.

Mod for a day. Hell yeah. Stache would be done.

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #124680

• Spectre-Blackstar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

legendofkane wrote:

doughens wrote: Spectre DID volunteer two pilots to be in TASK....I only suggested that Spectre talk to those two pilots first thats all....the rest that has been said AGAIN are "red-herrings"...

OVER THE TOP OF YOUR HEAD AGAIN SLOP..I JUST SAID YOU......MEANING YOU PERSONALLY....WITHOUT FORCE OR PRESSURE,WITHOUT THOUGHT,EXCEPT THAT OF MAKING THIS GAME FUN FOR OTHERS......................VOLUNTEER........................NO ONE CAN VOLUNTEER ANYONE ELSE, THATS UP TO THAT INDIVIDUAL PLAYER...SPEC..IF YOU WANNA TAG UP AND HUNT THEN DO SO,NO PROB.....ITS YOUR CHOICE,AND THE CHOICE OF ANYONE THAT WANTS TO BE A TASKER...I ASSUME SPEC MEANT THAT SINCE THEY ARE GOOD KILLERS THEY WOULD MAKE GREAT TASKERS...IF ANYONE TAGS UP,THEN YOU ARE GREAT,BECAUSE YOU WANT OTHERS TO STOP BEING ABUSED.

YES--this is EXACTLY what I meant. Thanks!

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #124684

• |111th|tSwopCaml
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
It seemed u were passive agressive to me not the other way around. Im not conceited. Wow. Ur being very hostile to someone who hasn't all along. So sorry.

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #124686

• BlüEMäX
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Chicken & Waffles!!
TASK isn't a new thing. It just has a name now.

How many of you have shot a noob for being a jerk off? Come on admit it. You have done it and you liked it. If you have, you are already in with TASK. have you ever jumped games to find one of These guys? If so you are in with TASK.

I have. A bunch of times. A cussing rant in a game I'm in and you hit the dirt. Keep it up and I kill you again and again. Shoot me or at me while on my team. Same thing. Shoot at a team mate. Also same thing. I kill em. Tell them after to "shoot reds only" if I get a 5 min ban I come back hunting. I will continue just like this. One guys I will TK just to TK. Every one knows who that is.

Did every one just start playing DF? Michael has always hunted in the game for this stuff. Ever since he was a moderator he has. Since I first started the game and before.

No mod would ban any one for shooting a tool bag TKer or potty mouth. No special favors are needed. If ever you are banned just come on the thread and explain what was going on. Most mods will ask you in a game to stop or what's up any way. We have all been here long enough that every one knows who you are and how you play.

Didn't we have this same argument a couple of days ago on another thread?

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #124690

• Vampire Priest
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Just dont understand huh skippy?.not a forum for broad discussion..i will be aggressive and say once more..unless you got a noob to post...dont post at all..now i gotta make plans to bury my mom tomorrow...no sympathy slop..i hate hypocracy..lets see if you can refrain from posting.

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #124692

• |111th|tSwopCaml
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Legend. Im not a hypocrite. I was unaware that your mom did die. So sorry to hear about that. I was t going to post this but when i saw here that your mom died i WILL give you sympathy.
I didnt understand the hostility to me but i do understand your mom died. Sorry to hear that and you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Honest
The following user(s) said Thank You: Spectre-Blackstar

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #124693

• |111th|tSwopCaml
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Interesting you call me a hypocrite when i havent been one and dont spawnkill for any reason. You deserve the sympathy for ur mom though. Sorry for your loss i want only peace for you and your family

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #124698

• Vampire Priest
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Didnt think you could refrain,a sin,and i never said you sk...or anything else..and obviously you dont respect the wishes of the grieving,if you get shot by a blue from behind now..it may not be a stranger....

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #124722

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 6460
May I ask for a time out?

Let's go flying......
The following user(s) said Thank You: |111th|tSwopCaml, Spectre-Blackstar

Last edit: by Paul Mantz, Jr..

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #124762

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I took another 5 minute ban taking care of some idiot named RFATE. I suspect others did as well, it was either kill or be killed. He bombed own carrier and teamkill

THIS IS WHY WE NEED A FEW PLAYERS WHO CAN DO THIS WITHOUT BEING BANNED
The following user(s) said Thank You: ¥M4rtin¥

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #124765

• Spectre-Blackstar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Davy Crockett wrote: I took another 5 minute ban taking care of some idiot named RFATE. I suspect others did as well, it was either kill or be killed. He bombed own carrier and teamkill

Was this about 10 minutes ago?
I was in a few missions with you tonight, but my S4 booted me out a few times.
I don't recall seeing RFate--might have came in after I left.

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #124775

• BlüEMäX
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Chicken & Waffles!!

Davy Crockett wrote: I took another 5 minute ban taking care of some idiot named RFATE. I suspect others did as well, it was either kill or be killed. He bombed own carrier and teamkill

Now I understand more of what you were trying to say. No 5 min ban. A player can stay through the 5 min and dish out a spanking.

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #124805

• Captain Noushbag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • That's not flying, that's just falling with style
  • Thank you received: 1228

been Noushed lately?

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #124857

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Blue Max Young wrote:

Now I understand more of what you were trying to say. No 5 min ban. A player can stay through the 5 min and dish out a spanking.

DAVY says, thank you MAX, this TASK list was a brilliant ideal, now just have 10 volunteers who cannot be banned for shooting blues so that if they see anyone on this list then they just kill him into submission.

If that person says "ENOUGH I WILL BEHAVE" then take him off the list.

This will be for team killers only, not players who SK or use bad language. I think it would work. There are to many creeps coming up from the noob section, this game is to great to allow them to ruin it.

You MAX would be a great example of being one of the volunteers.

BUT CAN ZUPERMAN MAKE IT WORK SO THAT THESE VOLUNTEERS CAN WORK WITHOUT BEING BANNED, that is the main question.

T.A.S.K. List Initiative 10 years 8 months ago #124881

• BlüEMäX
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Chicken & Waffles!!
The amount of TKs before a 5 min ban just needs to be bumped up.

Double edge sword though. If you make the TK amount greater then the true TKers have a greater opportunity to ruin games.

I wouldn't be any good with a no 5 min. It would take to much time hunting them. I like to set in a game and play to the end. Let the mods have em. Or TASK them.

Michael would be the best at it. He already is.

I only do it when I witness it in a game I'm in.

Time to create page: 0.666 seconds