TOPIC:

what do u all really think D.F , needs to improve 8 years 1 month ago #320773

• Lêgïøñz
  • Lêgïøñz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • jon
  • Thank you received: 649
I seen many players that have said DF is dying off .But is it ? I my self have not been kicked from a game in about 3 weeks ( playing on windows phone).
Elite came out but has died off a lot .my view of elite os no one wants to pay to download a game and would rather pay in game I.e. Subscribe
But my personal view is it a war game so why don't squads have wars ,I think it would bring players back and breath new vigour in to the game .
I would love to hear all your thoughts whether your wolf pack or from another squad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

what do u all really think D.F , needs to improve 8 years 1 month ago #320777

• S. E. Dailey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • fortis Fortūna adiuvat
  • Thank you received: 864

I think the thing that people fail (or refuse) to recognize is that Elite hasn’t come out yet, at least not to the general consumer. What people have paid for is the ability to download a beta version of the game, and the privilege to participate in the beta testing process.

This doesn’t look exactly like the beta test I’ve seen before. For one thing, you had to apply online and be accepted to take part in those test. Also, I don’t recall being charged for the initial download, and it was done on a “test server.” The test server often stays around after the final release version of the game goes live as a place for the subscribing players to test updates prior to them going into the main game.

Zup has instead gone with an open invite, and charged for the download of the test version of the game program. Those were his business decisions, probably base on his budget. It has unfortunately given rise to the erroneous expectation from many in our community that Elite (beta) should behave like a finished game. They don’t realize that they’re helping test and work the bugs out of it (or just don’t want to), so they run back to the familiar territory of DF1. Those of us that do venture over to Elite to help test it get bored with the solitude and many also run back to the comfort of DF1. The problems with this being that it is hard to complete beta testing if not enough people play it.

Zup has already stated that there will be no more updates to DF1; what you see is what you get. If and when we get new content like squad wars, WWII planes, better graphics, etc., it will be in Dogfight Elite. I would, therefore, be in our best interest to start taking part in the beta testing (especially if you already paid for the download). ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: {GI} E*A*G*L*E, pmoon1{WP}, Lêgïøñz, Cypher7{WP}

what do u all really think D.F , needs to improve 8 years 1 month ago #320779

• Lêgïøñz
  • Lêgïøñz's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • jon
  • Thank you received: 649
Some great info in there Dailey . Tho surley ww2 planes is to far or is it .

what do u all really think D.F , needs to improve 8 years 1 month ago #320781

• S. E. Dailey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • fortis Fortūna adiuvat
  • Thank you received: 864

Not really. Check this post from Zup. I've marked the important parts in blue. Note the dates . . . as I said earlier, the fewer people that play the beta version, the harder it is going to be for Zup and crew to complete testing, and hit these dates. :(

zuperman wrote: Hi everyone!

Important: things may change, this is my current estimate.

Dogfight Elite is almost ready for primetime! As you know, I had to rewrite most of the game to add all the new features and fix things that have been problematic on the game during years. This means that Dogfight Elite can't be a simple update to the current version.

Dogfight Elite won't share the database of Dogfight. They will be independent games. But I don't want for existing players to begin from scratch so during Stage 1 of the roadmap, I will manually move all existing players, points, airplanes and squadrons into Dogfight Elite. Dogfight Elite first download during Stage 1 will be 99 cents, and in exchange I do this to save you from having to repurchase all your existing Dogfight stuff. After 1 month the game works as Dogfight: free or subscription based.

Since the game runs on multiple platforms and versions are never released simultaneously, I have to release the game on different stages. Here is the roadmap:

Stage 1 beta status (First weeks of January 2016)
Price: 99 cents the first time it is downloaded.

All the internals and servers had to be rewritten and I doubt it will run without issues upon launch. I've tested it my best but there are thousands of different devices and combinations out there.
On Stage 1, Dogfight Elite will look and behave pretty much as the current version of Dogfight on a high end device. You won't see much new since I want to make sure the core of the game is stable on all platforms.Stage 5 April
The full game should be pretty much released and running on all platforms by now.
New content will continue to be added depending on budget.
Voice support will be added to possible platforms: beginning with xbox and ps4.

What will be unique is that from the beginning the game has to look almost exactly the same to everyone. Everyone will have trees, water and clouds. You can't disable them.

First week of January.

Important: The first week of January, I will manually import the existing players, points, airplanes and squadrons into Dogfight Elite. I will also adjust the rankings and scales for the new system. This won't be done again. From that point, the systems will be independent from Dogfight.

Android Beta Release
Requirement: Android 4.4 is the minimum requirement, with support for OpenGL 3.

Second week of January
Apple Beta Release
Requirement: iOS 8 is the minimum
Windows Beta Release
Requirement: Windows 10 is the minimum

Stage 2 Mid January or beginning of February
With all the feedback from Stage 1, I'll release all required fixes and some of the new visual stuff for Dogfight Elite.
Important: I will clean up the database from players that didn't login into Dogfight or Dogfight Elite for months. This cleanup will only be done on Dogfight Elite, so as to have it as clean and fast as possible. The squadrons that haven't been used or lost their owners, will be removed. Again, this is only on Dogfight Elite.

[b]Stage 3[/b] February
The new World War II airplanes for Dogfight Elite will be added.
The new missions will be added.
The Xbox One version of the game will be released.
The Mac version of the game will be released.
The prices will be adjusted due to agreements (xbox, ps4, mac and pc versions of the game I'm still waiting on an official pricing).

Stage 4 March
Ps4 version of the game will be released. (pending confirmation from Sony).
Oculus Rift version of the game will be released.
Squadron Wars will be released.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lêgïøñz, Cypher7{WP}

what do u all really think D.F , needs to improve 8 years 1 month ago #320786

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5755
i would be good if everyone migrated to the elite side at the same time just for example thursday night 8pm eastern standard time all meet in vimy or fest ect that way your guaranteed a game. Maybe zup could post a time he will be there to help in game at same time and get feed back at said agreed time .Personally i paid the $1.49 and dont mind paying its a development cost and i encourage any one who loves the game to pay the fee after all we dont want zup looking for a alternative job do we ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lunas Wolf WP****, pmoon1{WP}, Lêgïøñz, S. E. Dailey

Last edit: by dognamitt.

what do u all really think D.F , needs to improve 8 years 1 month ago #320821

• Lunas Wolf WP****
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fear is a Reflex Courage is a Choice
  • Thank you received: 747

Dognamitt wrote: i would be good if everyone migrated to the elite side at the same time just for example thursday night 8pm eastern standard time all meet in vimy or fest ect that way your guaranteed a game. Maybe zup could post a time he will be there to help in game at same time and get feed back at said agreed time .Personally i paid the $1.49 and dont mind paying its a development cost and i encourage any one who loves the game to pay the fee after all we dont want zup looking for a alternative job do we ?

i bought the game my self as well and i have to agree with u on that one roy i love dogfight and will always love the game, i have met many people in this game and continue to meet new people i cant wait until the full game comes out but until then we have to stick with wut we got in elite and on the original all of us here love this game with all its laglicousness and always will and if u havent heared or seen yet the big Z is back and in the air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! {Z=Zeb=Zebra=Zebraup}

what do u all really think D.F , needs to improve 8 years 1 month ago #320981

• chickenlittle
  • Thank you received: 69
Hope to see lots of u fighters in Vimy 8PM!

what do u all really think D.F , needs to improve 8 years 1 month ago #321007

• [*M]VonHuLK
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • BOOM Game Over...
  • Thank you received: 21656
Better toilet paper in the latrine, this cheap stuff is tearing my up.

ALL IN 100%
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cypher7{WP}

• Page:
Moderators: Digger {WP}DireWolf{WP}
Time to create page: 0.431 seconds