• Page:

TOPIC:

Guidance Systems Command 9 years 2 months ago #246281

• navmed
  • navmed's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 684
Here in WP, we have a lot of older, wiser wolves. I think this string can be a place for our younger wolves (or really anyone) to come in here and ask for help in many life choice decisions. These could include go to college vs work, Perhaps some one needs advice on joining the military, or peace corps. Maybe there are other things that Some one needs help with. What ever our young wolves and players from outside the den have issues with, I know one of us older wolves have been there.

So in this case: I am opening the Guidance System Command to serve you the pilots of Dog Fight. In here there is no judgment and a person can feel safe in discussing things. In here ,you can rest assured , that anyone being anything but helpful and positive , will be reported to zup and I personally will toss the offender out the door. It is the older ones who have experienced life who have the answers and input you seek.

I hope other older players join me as I make an attempt to reach out to our younger people and say "we got your back".
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kamikaze King, Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP****}, Myrlin {WP***}, nebular

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Guidance Systems Command 9 years 2 months ago #246316

• DireWolf{WP****}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4958
Navmed,

I will certainly support this effort to help younger wolves!

Great idea,

Dire
The following user(s) said Thank You: Myrlin {WP***}

Guidance Systems Command 9 years 2 months ago #248888

• Myrlin {WP***}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1241

Life certainly happens. Sometimes it comes at you like a Rocket fastball. Learning to duck and weave, or getting ready for the full-on assault is part of the learning curve. I'd be happy to lend a hand, and encourage anyone to drop me a note privately if that makes it easier. The good Lord doesn't want you to be alone or suffer. Count me in, Sir.

Fear not the darkness, for when it is just dark enough, then , and only then, will you begin to see the light of the stars.

Guidance Systems Command 9 years 2 months ago #248990

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

If there is anything I can help with, please let me know. I have some background in counseling and have been around a long time. Yes, that makes me old but being old beats the alternative every time.

United We Prowl/Together We Howl

Guidance Systems Command 9 years 1 month ago #252445

• Roamer{W.P***}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1058
Great idea NavMed, any way I can assist let me know. We haven't flown together yet but I've read your posts & like you I'm still a rookie here but I'm an old school OG on the outside so you've got my full support.
The following user(s) said Thank You: navmed

Guidance Systems Command 9 years 1 month ago #252507

• navmed
  • navmed's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 684
I believe the best way we can influence others is by example. The best lessons in life are not learned in a classroom , but by being aware of circumstances and taking cues from them. I thank you all in your support. There are many young teens in this game and it is up to us To mentor by example. So before we engage in any banter we have to assume the childish actions could really be from a child.
I got into a wordy debate and discovered he was just a teen. My demeanor was not what it should have been. But I quickly changed tactics, apologized and the other party was amazed. This will not happen all the time so please avoid verbal jousting or as we said in prison "lip boxing with the inmates".

Last edit: by navmed.
  • Page:
Moderators: Digger {WP}DireWolf{WP}
Time to create page: 0.418 seconds