• Page:

TOPIC:

Named Returns 9 years 2 months ago #241557

• navmed
  • navmed's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 684
It was a great port call this weekend. My wife and I had an unexpected surprise yesterday. My last flight surgeon I worked for, is at Millington Naval Support Activity South East to do flight physicals for those who need them. So, I saw on face book that her husband and daughter were with her. Having to be in Memphis, we met them for lunch and had a great time.

Today,I returned to the skies and actually shot down the number one pilot in the game not once but twice. I didn't have many kills but nailing him twice was super cool. Wicked news coming now: Today, I was promoted To III Brigadiere General.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, Viper10{WP}, nightorado

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Named Returns 9 years 2 months ago #241562

• [AOV] nine ball
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 117
Sweet gj man congrats
Sir Ball of Nine

The wages of sin was, is, and will always be death
The following user(s) said Thank You: nightorado

Named Returns 9 years 2 months ago #241565

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 13215

navmed wrote: It was a great port call this weekend. My wife and I had an unexpected surprise yesterday. My last flight surgeon I worked for, is at Millington Naval Support Activity South East to do flight physicals for those who need them. So, I saw on face book that her husband and daughter were with her. Having to be in Memphis, we met them for lunch and had a great time.

Today,I returned to the skies and actually shot down the number one pilot in the game not once but twice. I didn't have many kills but nailing him twice was super cool. Wicked news coming now: Today, I was promoted To III Brigadiere General.

You know, I don't say this to many players but I think your a pretty good player. It was a pleasure getting shot down by you. However I will be looking for you lol lol. Good job
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, Viper10{WP}

Named Returns 9 years 2 months ago #241568

• navmed
  • navmed's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 684
That's fine. Come on up, I will be waiting. :whistle:

Named Returns 9 years 2 months ago #241573

• horriblebreast
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly hard, die hard!
  • Thank you received: 6101
welcome back navmed. sounds like you had an enjoyable time.

watch out for davy, he is gentle and doesn't like being bullied lol :woohoo: :side: :silly:

so what the heck? rock the discotheque!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}

Named Returns 9 years 2 months ago #241620

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

Welcome back Navmed. Sounds like a good vacation. I haven't been to Millington since A-school. Must have been nice.

United We Prowl/Together We Howl

Named Returns 9 years 2 months ago #241645

• nightorado
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1160
Welcome back Nav,I found out the other day on the forum that you get more points for shootin a down Moraf,don't know if u knew or that it makes any difference to you, and I agree Dave does seem to be a good egg
]

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro
The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}

Named Returns 8 years 5 months ago #298365

• Pistolfuddyduddy
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • YEP
  • Thank you received: 913
Wow does Milington bring back memories.. My A school for ADJ was classroom aviation, which I think was basic for all Navy enlisted that went to Milington, then we pulled the engine out of the Navy version of the F 86!fighter.. Put it back in and did an engine start up of the jet by ourselfs in the cockpit.. It was an awesome experience for a 19 year old kid..

Milington was also a training base for Officers, and I was surprised to learn that John McCain was stationed there "close" to the same time I was..Memphis was close, and there was most always a party somewhere in the area on Friday, and Saturday Nights, it was my first post in the Navy and a thrill then, and now.. The next step before spooning my Sqd. (VP-26)and heading for south east Asia was B school in Pax River Mariland where I was assigned to VP -30.. This (pax river) was a great assignment as we were close enough to DC to drive up every weekend..So many wild memories of that time, the Vietnam war was ragging, there were anti war demonstrators everywhere we went (we always went in civies) Georgetown was a wonder for this wild eyed kid, and there were young women everywhere.. Climbed the steps to the top of the Washington.monument.. Almost got locked into the library of congress.. Memories.!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roamer{W.P***}

Named Returns 8 years 5 months ago #298369

• [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 13215
Ahhhh yes Millington, I was there in 1969 or 1970, god I'm old, I'm crying again :woohoo: :woohoo:

Then I went to VA 192 NAS lemoore calif. A-7s

Named Returns 8 years 5 months ago #298387

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

I was in Millington for BEE (Basic Electronics and Electricity) in 1984. From there I went to AIMD Jacksonville as my second duty station. Memphis was close by, and I visited Beale street a time or two. Also Shelby park was on the banks of the Mississippi river, and I went there a few times as well. Good times.... lots of drinking and acting like sailors!

United We Prowl/Together We Howl

• Page:
Moderators: Digger {WP}DireWolf{WP}
Time to create page: 0.783 seconds