Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tricks and tips for new (and old) users 3 years 10 months ago #380538

• Juan Marni
  • Juan Marni's Avatar Topic Author
  • Hey!
  • Thank you received: 407
Finally I got rank 21, and now I can see all the planes properly. Because most of our members aren't subscribers, I will give you now some advices for you to not make the same mistakes that I made when I was a noob.

PREMIUM AIRCRAFT
If you are rank 6 or over, you will probably have noticed that the Nieuport 17 and the Albatros D.V are only for subscribers. So, DON'T SAVE MONEY FOR THEM!!! Upgrade your SPAD and your Pfalz, spend your money to improve them. I also give you the list here of premium aircraft:

ALLIES:
Nieuport 17
RAF SE5A
Sopwith Camel
Supermarine Spitfire

AXIS:
Albatros D.V
Fokker Dr.I
Siemens-Schuckert D.IV
Messerschmitt Me262

As you probably noticed, the Tripehound and the D.VII are available for everyone. Because of this, DON'T BUY SKINS FOR YOUR PLANES UNTIL YOU HAVE THEM WITH A DECENT PERFORMANCE. You will only waste money purchasing them. These planes are really hard to handle but very deadly for your opponents, and can keep up in a really good way in turnfights with Camels and Schuckerts. Sadly, their upgrades are much more expensive than the ones from the SPAD and the Pfalz.

Also other tip, don't buy a second bomb for the Pfalz or the SPAD, because it doesn't work...

Lastly, improve your frontal attack while you use your noob planes. It's your only way to beat a Schuckert or a Camel...

You can follow them, or you can become a subscriber and forget all these advices...;)

If someone knows about more tricks and tips, feel free to post them here.

Regards.
No necesitas el mejor avión para ser el mejor piloto.

La esperanza es lo último que se pierde. Seguimos a la espera...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gannet, Pegoud, Montymor., Magnus Canneb, Paco Zorapel, ZiuuZiuu, Sikorsky

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Juan Marni.

Tricks and tips for new (and old) users 3 years 10 months ago #380539

• Paco Zorapel
  • Paco the Taco :D
  • Thank you received: 288
Cool stuff here. I have more advices:

GENERAL ADVICES

1. Complete all training misions. Each one has a reward (I think they were 5000$ per completed mission), and there are 7... They will help you also to learn, for examle, how to destroy a zeppelin, and you can improve there your aiming skills. Don't be worried, all missions can be completed even in a stock Airco. Also, write a review about the game (a positive one please B)), you will get 5000$ too.

2. Use those first coins to buy a parachute, a tank (remember to upgrade it) and increase the amount of bullets of your soldier's gun.

3. Upgrade ALL your planes, even the first ones (they are cheap and quite good if you are a skilled player).

4. When upgrading, GO FIRST FOR SPEED AND AGILITY, AND both at the same time, because if you have a plane with "Stage 1" speed and "Stage 4" agility, it will be impossible to handle. If you have to choose between speed and agility because you have both in the same Stage, choose speed.

5. Bullet drop is also very useful, especially for head-on attacks. Try to have a decent level...

6. Remember that most times a fully upgraded plane is better than a stock one. Yes, an upgraded Airco is better than a stock Camel. Check it if you want.

GRINDING FOR NON-PREMIUM USERS

1. If you are not a subscriber, you will play most games on allied side, so always purchase allied stuff first. If you are premium, this won't be a problem.

2. Grind like this:

Upgrade the Airco DH.2 and the Fokker E.III.

When you finish, buy the Nieuport 11 and the Albatros D.III, and upgrade them.

Now, save money and buy the SPAD S.XIII and the Pfalz D.III, and upgrade them.

Remember that you can't buy the Nieuport 17, Albatros D.III, RAF SE5a and Fokker Dr.I, so go straight to the Fokker D.VII and the Sopwith Triplane, and upgrade them.

Now, you can choose between buying paint schemes or a WW2 plane. Remember that when you get promoted to Level 15 (Wing Commander II), you will always play in mixed rooms (yes, WW1 and WW2). Fortunately, people there don't use WW2 planes. However, if you want one of them, be careful. When a high-ranked player sees a WW2 plane around, he will pick his Me 262/Spitfire and destroy it. You can avoid this in two ways:

1st way: Buy a Hawker Hurricane and a Fokker D.VIII (people usually don't care about them).

2nd way: Buy a North American P-51D Mustang and a Focke-Wulf FW-190, and upgrade them. As I have seen in some videos, they can face Spitfires and Me 262 pretty well.

GRINDING FOR SUBSCRIBERS

WARNING: I am not a subscriber, so my advices can be wrong. If they are, please correct them.

1. You can choose side, so there's no need to upgrade allies first. Do whatever you want.

2. Do the same as a non-subscriber would do until you upgrade the SPAD and the Pfalz.

3. Now, buy the Nieuport 17 and the Albatros D.V, and upgrade them.

4. DON'T buy the RAF SE5a, the Fokker Dr.I (the only thing they have better than the previous ones is a bit more of fuel, and they are much more expensive), the Sopwith Triplane or the Fokker D.VII (nearly as expensive as the top planes, but worse).

5. SAVE MONEY for the Sopwith Camel and the Siemens-Schuckert D.IV, and upgrade them.

Now, you are ready for WW2. Subscribers can choose between WW1 server and WW2, even if they passed Rank 15. So, if you see a WW2 plane flying around, you can go to WW1 server, or stay there if you want a BIG challenge (WW2 planes are hard to bring down, especially if they avoid head-on attacks).

1st option: Grind normally (I don't have an advice for WW2 grinding lol :P).

2nd option: Kick your enemy's ass in a Messerschmitt Me 262, a Focke Wulf Fw 190, a Gloster Meteor or a Supermarine Spitfire. I warn you: their upgrades are extremely expensive, ask high-rank users [EDIT: now I own a Fw 190 and yep, upgrades are damn expensive, from about $365k to $600k].

This thread might be updated with more info, so stay tuned!
Thanks to [Ñ] THE BLACK DRAGONS and Montymor for accepting me in such a big family. ¡Volar con honor, no rendirse jamás!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gannet, Pegoud, Montymor., Magnus Canneb, Juan Marni, coyote, ZiuuZiuu, Sikorsky

Last edit: by Paco Zorapel. Reason: Yeah, this is still being updated, but the incoming huge tutorial will be better.

Tricks and tips for new (and old) users 3 years 10 months ago #380541

• Juan Marni
  • Juan Marni's Avatar Topic Author
  • Hey!
  • Thank you received: 407
Awesome job buddy! :woohoo:

Your post makes mine look awful lol.
No necesitas el mejor avión para ser el mejor piloto.

La esperanza es lo último que se pierde. Seguimos a la espera...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Montymor., Paco Zorapel

• Page:
Moderators: Juan MarniPaco Zorapel
Time to create page: 0.406 seconds