Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Poll: Dogfight Presidential Election (was ended 2016-11-08 00:00:00)

Donald J. Trump
20 66.7%
Hillary Clinton
10 33.3%
Total number of voters: 30 ( Gustavo fire, KA5EY, |111th| John II, Sir Wumper, R E Z ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC:

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #345449

• Freimann
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 639
FEUER FREI!

The following user(s) said Thank You: GHOSTRIDER1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #345450

• Husky Dog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3536

Freimann wrote:

That's actually a pretty captivating ad. Until it gets into the Trump 'glorification' by flashing his name emblazoned across buildings and his jet. I've always found that to be really tacky.

That aside, he mentions ISIS. Thing is, he has no plan to defeat ISIS. If you believe that he does but just isn't saying it because he doesn't want to give his plans away, let me refer you to McCain and 'I know how to catch Bin Laden.' Total and complete bs. Oh, and no, you can't just go in and seize Iraqi oil wells to pay for it. Then he talks about infrastructure. His economic plan would actually leave less money in the coffers to pay to rebuild infrastructure. So... that's bs too. Oh, and I'm pretty sure that when Jack White finds out about this as, he's gonna be pissed!

The really strange thing about this election is that Clonton should have been the easiest candidate to beat since Mondale, and yet we are given the alternative of Trump. A serial liar, an adulterer, a person that shouts/ twitters insults out that even grade school children would be embarrassed to say. A person that has been known to run scams based around bilking people out of their money in return for an 'education' in the 'Trump way of doing business', which has come under prosecution by two states and then suddenly dismissed when large donations are made to election accounts. Donations that, at least on one occasion, were given from a 'charity' that Trump runs, which looks like not so much a charitable organization, but a slush fund.

I could go on, but Trump is a charlatan and a joke. Nothing more than a carnival barker.

To the fowl whose fiery eyes now burned into thy bosom’s core
The following user(s) said Thank You: nightorado

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #345454

• Freimann
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Husky Dog wrote:

Freimann wrote:

That's actually a pretty captivating ad. Until it gets into the Trump 'glorification' by flashing his name emblazoned across buildings and his jet. I've always found that to be really tacky.

That aside, he mentions ISIS. Thing is, he has no plan to defeat ISIS. If you believe that he does but just isn't saying it because he doesn't want to give his plans away, let me refer you to McCain and 'I know how to catch Bin Laden.' Total and complete bs. Oh, and no, you can't just go in and seize Iraqi oil wells to pay for it. Then he talks about infrastructure. His economic plan would actually leave less money in the coffers to pay to rebuild infrastructure. So... that's bs too. Oh, and I'm pretty sure that when Jack White finds out about this as, he's gonna be pissed!

The really strange thing about this election is that Clonton should have been the easiest candidate to beat since Mondale, and yet we are given the alternative of Trump. A serial liar, an adulterer, a person that shouts/ twitters insults out that even grade school children would be embarrassed to say. A person that has been known to run scams based around bilking people out of their money in return for an 'education' in the 'Trump way of doing business', which has come under prosecution by two states and then suddenly dismissed when large donations are made to election accounts. Donations that, at least on one occasion, were given from a 'charity' that Trump runs, which looks like not so much a charitable organization, but a slush fund.

I could go on, but Trump is a charlatan and a joke. Nothing more than a carnival barker.

Sounds to me like the real problem you have with Trump is that he's not a Democrat.
FEUER FREI!

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #345456

• Husky Dog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I don't know where you came up with that conclusion. My problem with Trump is that I don't believe he should be anywhere near the presidency. You should read what I wrote again.

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #345459

• Freimann
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member

Husky Dog wrote: I don't know where you came up with that conclusion. My problem with Trump is that I don't believe he should be anywhere near the presidency. You should read what I wrote again.

So tell us then, how do you feel about Hillary?

Sounds to me like I was right in my conclusion.
FEUER FREI!

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #345463

• Husky Dog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
First of all, the fact that you come up with my conclusions before even asking is a bit insulting. I clearly laid out just a few reasons why I feel Trump isn't qualified and you immediately go to "Oh! It's because he's not a democrat!" If he was a democrat I would be saying the same thing.

Secondly, I find Hillary extremely uninspiring. She has a divisive personality, and has the specter of impropriety hanging around her like the dirt on Pig-Pen. Nothing that's been thrown against her ever sticks, but it still stinks and does nothing to help out the office she's running for. I'm also not so excited about having another Clinton in the White House. All that being said, at least she knows how politics works, and isn't so thin skinned that if she met Putin and he said "Wow! You really do have small hands!" She'd be able to move past it (or any other insult he would throw her way). If that happened to Trump he'd never forget it and it would always cloud his judgement. Hell, he still brings up Rosie Freakin Odonnel!

The following user(s) said Thank You: TXLAWMAN, nightorado

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #345479

• TXLAWMAN
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Life is tough. It's tougher when you are stupid.
  • Thank you received: 3499

Post debate bump... To bad Ghost is part of the Machine denying a forum to a non establishment candidate on the ballot in all 50 states! M.O.M... Mean Old Machine? ;) Just joking! Can't back the Libertarian without being a touch nutty on conspiracies.

TXLAWMAN wrote: Throw in a Gary Johnson. We ain't limited to the 2 morons! Johnson is on the ballot in all 50 states!

RIP CRAZYWOLF
The following user(s) said Thank You: GHOSTRIDER1, dognamitt, Husky Dog, S. E. Dailey

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #345485

• Husky Dog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Feel the Johnson! You know you want to!

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #346177

• GHOSTRIDER1
  • GHOSTRIDER1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Yippie Die Yo Yippie Die Yay
  • Thank you received: 1873
Bump
The following user(s) said Thank You: nightorado

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #346203

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
Freimann, Hillary was not "lying". In fact those previous three years of taxes paid could also be returned because of his reported losses for 1995. She did only have a small sample of Trump's returns to go from but what she said was not inaccurate, in fact it barely scratched the surface of a fundamental problem for the US economy:

Wealthy "geniuses" like Trump can game the tax system in ways that are so complex most people simply do not understand. One of the biggest red flags to watch out for is complaints about "regulations". It has become a catchphrase for those who say they support "free market" but many who vilify regulations don't actually know what they are.

When someone is wealthy enough to have their interests in many different types of business entities they can play shell games that shelter their income from taxes in ways that are very difficult to track. These "geniuses" have ways of avoiding paying their fair share.

An example with real estate is how a wealthy investor can use one entity to purchase $100 million worth of real estate, then they can pay their own offshore corporation to make improvements on that property. They could make $50 million worth of improvements but their offshore corporation can charge $100 million for the development. They can then take all of that money overseas to the tax haven of their choice and shelter it from domestic taxes while the entity that holds the real estate can declare it as depreciable expensess, or they may be able to sell the property to another of their own domestic entities at a loss which can be deducted from their income over several years. Depending on the development they may be able to get other credits and even grants paid for by tax payers while reducing or eliminating their own tax liability . This is not far-fetched… It happens all the time and it is only one example of a trick that is fairly easy to understand.

"Regulation" is the only thing that can prevent these predators from leaving the rest of us taxpayers from holding the bag. Donald Trump claims that he is best suited to combat this kind of abuse because he understands it so well. Hmmm...? If he wins he will be president for 4 (or maybe 8 ) years but he will continue to be a businessman for the rest of his life. Where do his loyalties lie? How many offshore companies and interest does he have? No one knows for sure but many are in other countries including Russia and China...he has already said that it is his responsibility as a businessman to make use of any loophole he can find. In our system of pay-to-play politics these kind of predators already heavily influence tax policy in their favor.

There is a reason that the wealthiest people continue to get richer while the general population gets relatively poorer and the government gets in worse financial condition. Just remember that collecting an additional 10% of taxes from the wealthiest top 10% of the population would be greater than taking 100% of the income of the bottom 50% of the population. Yet the wealthy who are able to make use of all of these loop holes often complain that the "poor" don't contribute a fair share.

The wealthy often justify paying lower percentages of taxes because they claim to use their wealth to create jobs and grow the economy (something that can only be ensured by oversight and regulation)... but whenever anyone has more disposable income they do the same thing. Remember when George Bush "stimulated" the economy by giving tax rebates to all Americans, not just the wealthy? It worked to a degree because about 30% of the recipients (who didn't just use the wind-fall to pay debt) suddenly had extra cash to spend and they did it largely by buying consumer goods which boosts the economy as a whole and increases federal and state tax revenue . When the wealthiest people get tax breaks they usually "smartly" use it to increase their net worth while sheltering their income in any way they can. Many recent statements by Trump supporters point out how as a businessman he has a "responsibility" to do whatever he can legally to decrease his taxes. Trump is well known in the business world for self-interested manipulation and for leaving others holding the short end of the stick. Would it be wise to elect a Fox to the executive hen house?

Don't take my word for it. Do your own research. I think that the way this whole conversation is finally coming to the mainstream may be the greatest benefit of this whole election cycle.
:S

(BTW: This is not intended as an endorsement of Cliinton)
;)

Last edit: by [NLR] McFate.

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #346899

• GHOSTRIDER1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Great debate last Sunday. Last one this sunday
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vandelaro

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #346964

• [*M] bware
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • raised on a moisture farm, moved to a point farm
  • Thank you received: 2173
In case anyone missed the first one:
The following user(s) said Thank You: TXLAWMAN, dognamitt, Vandelaro

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #347015

• Vandelaro
  • Thank you received: 45
THAT was funny

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #347039

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13138
I'm watching the train wreck going on at the American elections... my opinion is that Hillary sucks but Trump is worse. So if I had to pick one, I would go for Hillary. For the simple fact that I wouldn't be able to tell any kid to look up to Trump and aspire to be like "that". At least Hillary has some positives, I see none on Trump.

In any case, hard to understand how America got into such a bad position on this election, having to decide among two of the most hated candidates of all time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] McFate, dognamitt

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #347083

• Gannet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4438
Also watching from afar...
Assuming Trump is not an idiot....
it's obvious, he doesn't want to win, he's just having his fun.
Conclusion: Trump is a Republican candidate put up by the Democrats to stuff up the GOP and lose the election.
Imagine the mileage the conspiracy theorists will get out of this one in years to come..!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mongo

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #347084

• S. E. Dailey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • fortis Fortūna adiuvat
  • Thank you received: 864

zuperman wrote: I'm watching the train wreck going on at the American elections... my opinion is that Hillary sucks but Trump is worse. So if I had to pick one, I would go for Hillary. For the simple fact that I wouldn't be able to tell any kid to look up to Trump and aspire to be like "that". At least Hillary has some positives, I see none on Trump.

In any case, hard to understand how America got into such a bad position on this election, having to decide among two of the most hated candidates of all time.

It's hard to comfort oneself with "at least Hillary has some positives," when she has negatives like ". . . first we must bring them to heel" and flip-flopping on issues like a fish out of water. She should be the poster child for the idiom "talking out of both sides of your mouth."

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #347086

• [*M] GAW
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4094

zuperman wrote: I'm watching the train wreck going on at the American elections... my opinion is that Hillary sucks but Trump is worse. So if I had to pick one, I would go for Hillary. For the simple fact that I wouldn't be able to tell any kid to look up to Trump and aspire to be like "that". At least Hillary has some positives, I see none on Trump.

I agree, she does lie very well. Such I wonderful quality to look up to.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dognamitt

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #347088

• Mongo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly like its stolen shoot like you mean to keep it
  • Thank you received: 6558

Gannet wrote: Also watching from afar...
Conclusion: Trump is a Republican candidate put up by the Democrats to stuff up the GOP and lose the election.
Imagine the mileage the conspiracy theorists will get out of this one in years to come..!

This was actually brought up on one of the news blab shows months before the primary races began.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction
(.Y.)

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #347091

• GHOSTRIDER1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I promised myself I wouldn't comment until the election was over. I CANT WAIT!!! I heve so much to respond to

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #347099

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
So the main issue with Hillary is that she lies? And Trump never does?
I mean, I see a guy that basically says it's ok to almost rape someone just because you are famous. Not to mention the amount of shit that comes out of his mouth... and the problem is that Hillary is a liar... give me a break.
There are so many great Republicans out there and Trump has to be the one running. It's like a bad joke
The following user(s) said Thank You: TXLAWMAN, Vandelaro

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #347107

• S. E. Dailey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • fortis Fortūna adiuvat
  • Thank you received: 864

I think GOP strategist Steve Schmidt summed it up pretty well on Meet the Press:

". . . What this exposes, though, is much deeper and it goes to the Republican Party as an institution. This, this candidacy, the magnitude of its disgrace to the country is almost impossible, I think, to articulate. But it has exposed the intellectual rot in the Republican Party. It has exposed at a massive level the hypocrisy, the modern day money changers in the temple like Jerry Falwell Jr. And so, this party, to go forward and to represent a conservative vision for America, has great soul searching to do. And what we've seen and the danger for all of these candidates is over the course of the last year, these, these candidates who have repeatedly put their party ahead of their country, denying what is so obviously clear to anybody who's watching about his complete and total manifest unfitness for this office."

The problem is that there are no leaders, no great Republicans in the party. Populist resentment toward establishment politicians allowed H. Ross Perot to come as close as he did in 1992 & 96, and it is what allowed Donald Trump to get as far as he has from within a bloated, lazy GOP.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TXLAWMAN, dognamitt, Vandelaro

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #347111

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
The following user(s) said Thank You: dognamitt, Vandelaro

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #347112

• nightorado
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1160

[M] TR wrote:

Gannet wrote: Also watching from afar...

This was actually brought up on one of the news blab shows months before the primary races began.

I had the thought that it seemed like that, only because of Trump's sheer lunacy but they would have to be pure genius to pull something like that off and just don't see Trump being an intentional fall guy it goes against every fiber of his being
]

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #347174

• Gannet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4438

nightorado wrote: ..... and just don't see Trump being an intentional fall guy it goes against every fiber of his being

Maybe yes if they are paying him enough...?
....and if it's tax free...? ;)

Last edit: by Gannet.

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #347192

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

*edit* Just noticed this is on the MOM squadron section. Sorry. Carry on. :)

United We Prowl/Together We Howl

Last edit: by Viper10{WP}.

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #347194

• [*M] bware
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • raised on a moisture farm, moved to a point farm
  • Thank you received: 2173

Viper10{WP} wrote: I thought we avoided political discussions on the forum?

Seriously Zup, be careful. Jacob may give you a ban :ohmy:
The following user(s) said Thank You: TXLAWMAN, Viper10{WP}, Agent003{WP*}

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #347195

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
“I would love to be able to get to the top of that tree,” sighed the turkey, “but I haven’t got the energy.”

“Well, why don’t you nibble on some of my droppings?” replied the bull.

“They’re packed with nutrients.”

The turkey pecked at a lump of dung, and found it actually gave him enough strength to reach the lowest branch of the tree.

The next day, after eating some more dung, he reached the second branch.

Finally after a fourth night, the turkey was proudly perched at the top of the tree. He was promptly spotted by a farmer, who shot him out of the tree.

Moral of the story: Bullshit might get you to the top, but it won’t keep you there.

(Remind me of Donald Trump)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*, Gizmo., [NLR] McFate, TXLAWMAN, Sharp Shooter, Raz

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #347196

• Viper10{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Tip of the spear
  • Thank you received: 7914

[*M] bware wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I edited my post. ;)

United We Prowl/Together We Howl
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] bware

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #347198

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

[*M] bware wrote:

shhh I think he is not reading, don't wake up the beast :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] bware, Viper10{WP}

Dogfight Presidental Election 7 years 5 months ago #347205

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i'm not bad. i'm just drawn that way
  • Thank you received: 9804

The following user(s) said Thank You: Viper10{WP}