Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

SIEMENS vs. FOKKER DVIII 3 years 4 months ago #381959

• Count of JARAMA
  • Count of JARAMA's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 21
Good morning all! Why is "Siemens" better than the "Fokker DVIII" in every performance parameter? Isn't the "Fokker DVIII" suppose to be superior for it is reserved for a higher rank? Thank you for the possible answers you could give me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Magnus Canneb, Juan Marni, Paco Zorapel, Sikorsky

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SIEMENS vs. FOKKER DVIII 3 years 4 months ago #381961

• Sikorsky
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Touch the sky with glory!
  • Thank you received: 523
The 2 planes in question here are the Siemens Schuckert D.iv and the Fokker D.viii. The reason, although a bit odd, is that the d.viii is the starting aircraft of the WWII category. Note - the WWII spec sheet is different from the WWI because tier 3 agility in WWII can out-turn a maxed out top plane ( sopwith camel and the Siemens ) and stock WWII planes are way faster than any WWI plane. So although it may look like the Siemens is superior, it’s actually using a different spec sheet.

File Attachment:

File Name:
File Size: 0 KB

​​​​​​​

File Attachment:

File Name:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Pegoud, Magnus Canneb, Juan Marni, Paco Zorapel

SIEMENS vs. FOKKER DVIII 3 years 4 months ago #381965

• Juan Marni
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Hey!
  • Thank you received: 407
Hey Tenebrous! Yes, it seems illogical that a much more expensive plane is way worse than the Schuckert, but Sik is right (mostly) in what he says: The Fokker D.VIII is the WW2 starting german airplane. That makes it much faster (like 150 kts with bombs, 230 dropping them WITHOUT ANY SPEED UPGRADES), but, be careful, agility is the same as Nieuport 11's when stock (believe me, the only thing that changes in the spec sheet is speed, not maneuverability).

Then I highly recommend to keep your Siemens and upgrade it before acquiring one of those low tier WW2, as it's much better for turnfight, it has a higher bomb load and much more ammo, and you can use it in both servers (WW1 and WW2).

Then what's the Fokker useful for? Well, the Fokker is a poor purchase for most of uses since it's extremely expensive and not much better than WW1 aircraft, it's even worse in many aspects. However, it's extremely beautiful, no plane is as smooth, sleek or elegant as the Razor:

Another good fact of this plane is that It's simply the best for head-on attack, because it has a parasol monowing (and many also say that the wing is glitched and it's unhittable). This allows the Razor to have much less surface to get bullets than the rest of the in-game aircraft (WW2 included), which allows you to literally destroy every enemy aircraft without getting a single hit. This is something that I've never liked of this plane, it makes games too unbalanced, even with my poor aim (with this plane :p) I can easily bring down the whole enemy team without them getting a single shot at me. :(

So, I recommend you to upgrade your Siemens instead of purchasing this plane. If you want a WW2 airplane, then save a bit more for much better performing aircraft like the A6M Zero, the BF109 or the jets. I hope this helped you! :)
No necesitas el mejor avión para ser el mejor piloto.

La esperanza es lo último que se pierde. Seguimos a la espera...
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pegoud, Magnus Canneb, Paco Zorapel, coyote, Sikorsky

Last edit: by Juan Marni.

SIEMENS vs. FOKKER DVIII 3 years 4 months ago #381967

• Count of JARAMA
Thanks at lot for such great answer! So, buying a WWII plane doesnt mean getting the best plane. Another question Juan: how can I find more information about the planes performance, like the one you just gave me about the Fokker.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juan Marni, Paco Zorapel, Sikorsky

SIEMENS vs. FOKKER DVIII 3 years 4 months ago #381968

• Count of JARAMA
Thanks at lot for such great answer! So, buying a WWII plane doesnt mean getting the best plane. Another question Juan: how can I find more information about the planes performance, like the one you just gave me about the Fokker.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juan Marni, Paco Zorapel, Sikorsky

SIEMENS vs. FOKKER DVIII 3 years 4 months ago #381969

• Juan Marni
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Hey!
  • Thank you received: 407
Well, that info can"t be found in-game :(. However, I can give it to you thanks to my own measurings:

Speed measuring is always at straight flight
WW1 speed
Tier 1: 76 kt (57 kt with all bombs)
Tier 2: 92 kt (68 kt)
Tier 3: 100 kt (76kt)
Tier 4: 107 kt (83 kt)
Tier 5: 115 kt (92 kt)

WW2 speed
Speeds here are very hard to measure...
Tier 1: 226 kt (149)
Tier 2: 270 kt (185) - 137 kt with landing gear and all bombs, 212 only with the gear.
Tier 3: 302kt (212) - 160 kt with landing gear and all bombs, 240 only with the gear.
Tier 4: 336kt (240) - 185 kt with landing gear and all bombs, 270 only with the gear.
Tier 5: 369 kt (271)

Agility
This isn't easy to measure, because airplanes can improve their turn time with more power. However, better agility will let you perform tighter turns, but your plane will be much more sensitive. Upgrading this will get your roll rate better and the tail elevator stronger. Improving maneuverability will also lower your stall speed, which is perfect for destroying bombers and zeppelins.

Ammo
Tier 1: 175 bullets
Tier 2: 240 bullets
Tier 3: 325 bullets
Tier 4: 380 bullets
Tier 5: 450 bullets

Bombs
This no needs explanation at all... IMPORTANT: purchasing more bombs won't affect to your top speed, it just gives more intermediate speeds (for example, you have two bombs at your Sopwith Triplane, with all them your speed is 83 kt, with one around 90 kt, and with no bombs 107 kt). Keeping bombs will also lower the agility of your plane, which is useful for head-on.

Bullet drop
Visit here my bullet drop tutorial
www.dogfightelite.com/index.php/forum/sq...ge?start=1590#381020

Fuel
IMPORTANT: WW2 aircraft's fuel consumption is much higher than WW1's
Tier 1: 175
Tier 2: 215
Tier 3: 240
Tier 4: 270
Tier 5 (only for WW2): 295

Have a nice flight! :)
No necesitas el mejor avión para ser el mejor piloto.

La esperanza es lo último que se pierde. Seguimos a la espera...
The following user(s) said Thank You: zuperman, Pegoud, Magnus Canneb, Paco Zorapel, Sikorsky

Last edit: by Juan Marni. Reason: WW2 Tier 4 speed added

SIEMENS vs. FOKKER DVIII 3 years 4 months ago #381970

• Sikorsky
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Wow, that’s some good explanation, so good you make mine look trash! Lol. I do want to add on to the agility -
1. Since you don’t loose speed while turning, having more speed makes you turn faster
2. The easiest way to measure agility is to see the time an aircraft takes to make a turn ( preferably do it with a 180 turn, but you could change this ). In real life you’d measure agility in G forces, but here it doesn’t matter, there’s no speed lose while turning and planes won’t disintegrate if you turn too sharp.
3. Playing around with the sensitivity will change how your aircraft turns. More sensitivity = faster movement whereas less sensitivity = precise movement. I suggest maxing it out with WWII planes as they’re too fast to go head on with, and do the opposite with WWI planes.

Also, tier 3 speed for WWII is ~ 300 knt without bombs and ~ 210 with 3 bombs ( those are estimates; I don’t pay too much attention to the speedometer :P )

EDIT - You messed up something with the bombs. If you don’t drop them, they will slow you down and make you turn worse

File Attachment:

File Name:

​​​​​​​

File Attachment:

File Name:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Pegoud, Magnus Canneb, Juan Marni, Paco Zorapel, coyote

Last edit: by Sikorsky. Reason: Added another note for the bombs

SIEMENS vs. FOKKER DVIII 3 years 3 months ago #382097

• Buddah4Q
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 129
Thank you for the info you wrote . Has helped me greatly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pegoud, Juan Marni, Paco Zorapel, Sikorsky

SIEMENS vs. FOKKER DVIII 3 years 3 months ago #382106

• Buddah4Q
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 129
What do you think about tier 2 ww2 vs Seimans/Camel? Can a tier 2 ww2 planes out turn a Seimans or a Camel? Thanks for the input
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sikorsky

SIEMENS vs. FOKKER DVIII 3 years 3 months ago #382108

• Sikorsky
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
Tier 2 WWII planes ( the second plane in WWII category ) does have enough agility ( tier 3 in the WWII spec sheet )to out-turn a Siemens or a Camel, but you still need some skill to do it. Otherwise, it’s mostly useless against jets, so instead blow your money on high tier planes.

File Attachment:

File Name:

​​​​​​​

File Attachment:

File Name:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Juan Marni, Paco Zorapel

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.553 seconds