MIG-15 (Not WWI But Legendary) 10 years 4 months ago #147179

• Allied
  • Allied's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • God save the Queen!
  • Thank you received: 162
(Articles taken from Wikipedia)

The Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15 (Russian: Микоян и Гуревич МиГ-15)is a jet fighter developed for the Soviet Union by Mikoyan-Gurevich OKB. The MiG-15 was one of the first successful swept-wing jet fighters, and it achieved fame in the skies over Korea, where early in the war, it outclassed all straight-winged enemy fighters in most applications. The MiG-15 also served as the starting point for development of the more advanced MiG-17. The MiG-15 is believed to have been one of the most widely produced jet aircraft ever made, with over 12,000 built. Licensed foreign production perhaps raised the total to over 18,000.[1] The MiG-15 is often mentioned along with the North American F-86 Sabre as among the best fighter aircraft of the Korean War and in comparisons with fighters of other eras.The MiG-15 was widely exported, with the People's Republic of China receiving MiG-15bis models in 1950. Chinese MiG-15s took part in the first jet-versus-jet dogfights during the Korean War. The swept-wing MiG-15 quickly proved superior to the first-generation, straight-wing jets of western air forces such as the F-80 and British Gloster Meteor, as well as piston-engined P-51 Mustangs and Vought F4U Corsairs with the MiG-15 of First Lieutenant Semyon Fyodorovich Khominich scoring the first jet-vs-jet victory in history when he bagged the F-80C of Frank Van Sickle, who died in the encounter (the USAF credits the loss to the action of the North Korean flak).[15][unreliable source?] Only the F-86 Sabre, with its highly trained pilots, was a match for the MiG.

Its baptism of fire occurred during the last phases of the Chinese Civil War (1946–49). During the first months of 1950, the aviation of Nationalist China attacked from Taiwan the communist position in continental China, especially Shanghai. Mao Zedong requested the military assistance of the USSR, and the 50th IAD (Истребительная Авиадивизия, ИАД; Istrebitelnaya Aviadiviziya; Fighter Aviation Division) equipped with the MiG-15bis was deployed south of the People's Republic of China. On 28 April 1950, Captain Kalinikov shot down a P-38 of the Kuomintang, scoring the first aerial victory of the MiG-15. Another followed on 11 May, when Captain Ilya Ivanovich Schinkarenko downed the B-24 Liberator of Li Chao Hua, commander of the 8th Air Group of the nationalist Air Force.

What do you think about the MIG-15 and like about it?
our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen! Send her victorious, Happy and glorious, Long to reign over us, God save the Queen!
[IMG]img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb200912171940...320px-Union_flag_160[IMG]
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MIG-15 (Not WWI But Legendary) 10 years 4 months ago #147189

• [e] Science_Dude
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • DONT MESS WITH ME OR ILL USE SCIENCE AGAINST U !
  • Thank you received: 260
ummm, cant tell....

Still in love with su-30 and mig-29

MASTERY BEYOND BELIEF

MIG-15 (Not WWI But Legendary) 10 years 4 months ago #147233

• [*M] bware
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • raised on a moisture farm, moved to a point farm
  • Thank you received: 2173
What's that thing at lower tail section? Air brake?

MIG-15 (Not WWI But Legendary) 10 years 4 months ago #147270

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3991

bware wrote: What's that thing at lower tail section? Air brake?

Yea thats its air brakes. It has one on each side. The mig 15 squared off with the F-86 sabre. Before the Sabre, the mig 15 was unopposed. Heck of a fighter.
Retired in the skies of Dogfight.
Raising Hell in the skies of Warthunder
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M] bware

MIG-15 (Not WWI But Legendary) 10 years 4 months ago #147271

• tKestrel old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3991

This is where I learned about the mig vs Sabre

Dogfights from the History Channel. Also taught me some maneuvers i use when I'm dogfighting.
Retired in the skies of Dogfight.
Raising Hell in the skies of Warthunder

Last edit: by tKestrel old.

MIG-15 (Not WWI But Legendary) 10 years 4 months ago #147272

• Allied
  • Allied's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • God save the Queen!
  • Thank you received: 162
Same here. The MiG-15 was a legendary fighter and is still in service as a trainer today in some countries. The only use in the U.S is civilian aircraft and air shows.
our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen! Send her victorious, Happy and glorious, Long to reign over us, God save the Queen!
[IMG]img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb200912171940...320px-Union_flag_160[IMG]

MIG-15 (Not WWI But Legendary) 10 years 4 months ago #147319

• [e] Science_Dude
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • DONT MESS WITH ME OR ILL USE SCIENCE AGAINST U !
  • Thank you received: 260
mig-15 looks like a BrahMos missile with wings and a cockpit :woohoo:

MASTERY BEYOND BELIEF

MIG-15 (Not WWI But Legendary) 10 years 3 months ago #155797

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836
Because of the way dogfight has been running I haven’t been playing it much and have found my self playing another game very similar to dogfight but based in Vietnam. All the plans fly historically accurate. Nothing is evened out so no one will have an advantage over each other. If you got a faster plane with more missiles your are probably going to win the fight. American planes are a good bit better. Its a fun game with very few glitches and they are hardly noticeable. One of the planes I like to fly in it a good deal is the Mig 19. It is very similar to the Mig 15 but a good deal faster more maneuverable and it has some deadlier fire power. You get shot by the Mig 19s 3 30mm cannons and you will find you don’t have time to eject out of your plane before it explodes and kills you. I got a few screen shots of this plane with its kill burning down to the ground in the background.

MIG-15 (Not WWI But Legendary) 10 years 3 months ago #155891

• bellsaj
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3094
And the name of the game is...?
Don´t live life faster then your guardian angel can fly

MIG-15 (Not WWI But Legendary) 10 years 3 months ago #156014

• Hyperdrive
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • built from spare body parts of dead combat pilots
  • Thank you received: 298
Are those shots taken from strike fighters android?

MIG-15 (Not WWI But Legendary) 10 years 3 months ago #156052

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836

bellsaj wrote: And the name of the game is...?

Gunship III VPAF. The game is made of two apps. One for the American side and one for the North Vietnam side.

MIG-15 (Not WWI But Legendary) 10 years 3 months ago #156160

• EggznBacon
  • Thank you received: 0
since more updates, multiplayer mode and jets added it is a great game. I also have the NV addon game.
fav plane would have to be the Mig 17, good maneuverability and exceptional loiter time.

That said had a good game earlier using the huey cobra there was 5 of us (copters) against Migs quote="Skydavis1" post=156052]

bellsaj wrote: And the name of the game is...?

Gunship III VPAF. The game is made of two apps. One for the American side and one for the North Vietnam side.[/quote]

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.495 seconds