×

Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This section is for squadrons recruiting, events and chats.
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: r there benefits for being in squad

r there benefits for being in squad 5 years 5 months ago #186451

  • JLC420
  • JLC420's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 6
  • Thank you received: 2
As subject states plane and simple. been trying to find answer on forum but not seeing anything.
Is there better plane enhancements? Profits? Or even points to gain lvling faster? limitations?

Personally I prefer to be a loner no one to answer to but if certain perks are given maybe then I join a squad.

Been asked 4 times to join a few directed to check forum about squads not finding answers to my (?).
any feed back would be appreciated. preferably straight and to the point.
Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

r there benefits for being in squad 5 years 5 months ago #186458

  • [M]acLaren
  • [M]acLaren's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • [M]acLaren
  • Posts: 168
  • Thank you received: 465
Straight to the point: No benefits or limitations, except squad rules, but you agree to those before you join.
Not so straight: Lots of benefits. Wouldn't [M]iss it for the World...!


"Winners never quit and quitters never win." -Vince Lombardi
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, [M] Johnny Kent, JLC420, Kaos In Kontrol

Please Log in to join the conversation.

r there benefits for being in squad 5 years 5 months ago #186462

  • Kaos In Kontrol
  • Kaos In Kontrol's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Introduce a little anarchy.
  • Posts: 165
  • Thank you received: 329

There aren't really any "benefits". But in my experience, its a good way make some friends, and if you want you can feel like you're sort of part of a family. You can say you belong somewhere. And its fun to have the alliance and teamwork with a squad. I'm with the 151st Blazing Bullets and the people there are great. They are really nice and fun to talk to and fly with. Especially RedBaroness and 2Storm2. I used to like to be alone too but I joined BB at level 14 or 15 I think (there abouts) and I wouldn't ever leave. That's just my opinion.


I'm an agent of chaos. And you know the thing about chaos: It's fair.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [M]FOX#1, RedBaroness, [*M]VonHuLK, JLC420

Please Log in to join the conversation.

r there benefits for being in squad 5 years 5 months ago #186468

  • [*M]VonHuLK
  • [*M]VonHuLK's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • BOOM Game Over...
  • Posts: 7246
  • Thank you received: 21502
The things that I learned from my squad mates would take years to learn. I would not be where I am today if it were not for all of my squad. Everyone of them. From the newest recruit, to the number one guy.



ALL IN 100%
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost, Frank Baracca, Weather[*M]an, JLC420, Kaos In Kontrol

Please Log in to join the conversation.

r there benefits for being in squad 5 years 5 months ago #186479

  • darraxx
  • darraxx's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 4099
  • Thank you received: 10665
I've been in he misfits a long time. They are the only family I have. They are there when I'm down to pick me up and keep me going. They make me laugh and I cry for them. When things get tough. I've learned alot about myself and my family. I would not give up my squad. Because they are not my squad they have become my family. Its nice to have someone that has your back in the game and in life I've never me any of my squad in person. But the misfits are by far the best damn folks I've ever met. And come hell of high water if one would need me I will.move heaven and earth to get to them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost, [*M]VonHuLK, Weather[*M]an, [M]acLaren, [M] Johnny Kent

Please Log in to join the conversation.

r there benefits for being in squad 5 years 5 months ago #186493

  • JLC420
  • JLC420's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 6
  • Thank you received: 2
thanks for the quick replies to my question.
I have notice everyone believes they have the best squads. I guess for me to make a choice i'm gonna keep fly solo for now anyway. til i get to know more people on here. As I have said been here about 3 wks now.
just made lvl 14 Air Commodore. Mostly from picking off from ground.

For me to join a squad most if not all need to be easy going not take the game so serious as if it was real life. I know any group you're in on any game game needs to be "family" and so forth just like guilds on games like W.O.W, Rift, and so on. I know the purpose of squads in real life. My dad served in the air force during Veitnam in the mid late 60's. Tho stationed in Germany as Staff Sgt. my late grandfather served in WWII and Korea aas oil tanker Cpt for the Navy. military runs in my family.


Anyways, again thanx for the quick feed back. VonHulk I've seen only you out of all the response so far. Quite a bit in fact. Usually on the opposite side lol. I know I'll see you again in the air as for the rest hope to see you regardless what side.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yakuza, [*M]VonHuLK

Please Log in to join the conversation.

r there benefits for being in squad 5 years 5 months ago #186516

  • [NLR] Finn
  • [NLR] Finn's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Be Obscure Clearly~e.b.white
  • Posts: 285
  • Thank you received: 577
I'm just like you, JLC; I can't decide if I want to be a part of squad. Seems cool, but I like the appeal of an independent pilot for now. May be we should start a mercenary/independent pilot forum. However, that might get a little too close to a squad, which would defeat the purpose. :unsure:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

r there benefits for being in squad 5 years 5 months ago #186564

  • [M]yGUNNZZ
  • [M]yGUNNZZ's Avatar
  • Offline
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Posts: 1268
  • Thank you received: 1768
Well cant say much about other squads but GUNNERS INC. Is awesome to me wouldnt have it any other way ive meet alot of awesome people and just a all around great group.when these squad wars hit alot of loners will be looking for a squad..wish you luck in or out of a squad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK

Please Log in to join the conversation.

r there benefits for being in squad 5 years 5 months ago #186567

  • Longrifle
  • Longrifle's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 515
  • Thank you received: 871

H.L.Finn wrote: I'm just like you, JLC; I can't decide if I want to be a part of squad. Seems cool, but I like the appeal of an independent pilot for now. May be we should start a mercenary/independent pilot forum. However, that might get a little too close to a squad, which would defeat the purpose. :unsure:


If squad wars actually takes off, and I believe that like I believe in the Easter bunny, I'm going to start a squadless squad exactly like that. The first rule is you don't talk about it. The second rule is that you don't get all fratty about it and run out and buy matching shirts. Squads ARE like families, but more like trailer park families, with plenty of drama. I've seen more Jerry Springer stuff on here than on TV. There are a lot of good guys in the squads, but time I get serious thinking about one something happens with one of the other members.

GDI
This Gun's For Hire

The following user(s) said Thank You: jacklpe, [*M]VonHuLK

Please Log in to join the conversation.

r there benefits for being in squad 5 years 5 months ago #186620

  • [*M]VonHuLK
  • [*M]VonHuLK's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • BOOM Game Over...
  • Posts: 7246
  • Thank you received: 21502

JLC420 wrote: thanks for the quick replies to my question.
I have notice everyone believes they have the best squads. I guess for me to make a choice i'm gonna keep fly solo for now anyway. til i get to know more people on here. As I have said been here about 3 wks now.
just made lvl 14 Air Commodore. Mostly from picking off from ground.

For me to join a squad most if not all need to be easy going not take the game so serious as if it was real life. I know any group you're in on any game game needs to be "family" and so forth just like guilds on games like W.O.W, Rift, and so on. I know the purpose of squads in real life. My dad served in the air force during Veitnam in the mid late 60's. Tho stationed in Germany as Staff Sgt. my late grandfather served in WWII and Korea aas oil tanker Cpt for the Navy. military runs in my family.


Anyways, again thanx for the quick feed back. VonHulk I've seen only you out of all the response so far. Quite a bit in fact. Usually on the opposite side lol. I know I'll see you again in the air as for the rest hope to see you regardless what side.

You are a wise man, Take your time meet the people of the game. Read the forum, check out all the squads, and their rules. See who you like hanging out with in game, in time you will see who lives up to your standards. It has been great to play with you so far, you seem to carry yourself well, but I have to tell you on the ground you are Skinny, lol



ALL IN 100%

Please Log in to join the conversation.

r there benefits for being in squad 5 years 5 months ago #186628

  • jacklpe
  • jacklpe's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • If you got it, a trucker brought it!
  • Posts: 2428
  • Thank you received: 3026

JLC420 wrote: As subject states plane and simple. been trying to find answer on forum but not seeing anything.
Is there better plane enhancements? Profits? Or even points to gain lvling faster? limitations?

Personally I prefer to be a loner no one to answer to but if certain perks are given maybe then I join a squad.

Been asked 4 times to join a few directed to check forum about squads not finding answers to my (?).
any feed back would be appreciated. preferably straight and to the point.
Thanks.


There is no advantage given by the game. When I was in a squad, I tried harder because I felt like I represented more than just myself. For that reason, I probably leveled up faster, because I played harder. Also, when you carry a squad banner of a well known squad in game, everyone will shoot at you first. That does make you a better player in the long run. Beyond that, I'm with Longrifle on basically everything he said.


Contact The Jolly Roger at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

r there benefits for being in squad 5 years 5 months ago #186629

  • jacklpe
  • jacklpe's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • If you got it, a trucker brought it!
  • Posts: 2428
  • Thank you received: 3026

Longrifle wrote:

H.L.Finn wrote: I'm just like you, JLC; I can't decide if I want to be a part of squad. Seems cool, but I like the appeal of an independent pilot for now. May be we should start a mercenary/independent pilot forum. However, that might get a little too close to a squad, which would defeat the purpose. :unsure:


If squad wars actually takes off, and I believe that like I believe in the Easter bunny, I'm going to start a squadless squad exactly like that. The first rule is you don't talk about it. The second rule is that you don't get all fratty about it and run out and buy matching shirts. Squads ARE like families, but more like trailer park families, with plenty of drama. I've seen more Jerry Springer stuff on here than on TV. There are a lot of good guys in the squads, but time I get serious thinking about one something happens with one of the other members.

GDI


10/4 on the drama. I'm pretty guilty of getting caught in it sometimes. The funny part is that I will put up with almost zero drama in real life. I don't have any patience for it at all, and usually I don't care enough either. I guess it's too easy to get caught in it in this format though. You can take everything that you like or dislike about this or that, pin it all on a particular personality or two, and tell em what you "by god really think about it all". Then, when you are done, you close the screen and walk away. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that's how I manage to get caught in it sometimes around here. It's probably unhealthy.


Contact The Jolly Roger at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK

Please Log in to join the conversation.

r there benefits for being in squad 5 years 5 months ago #186630

  • [e]Black Shadow
  • [e]Black Shadow's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 107
  • Thank you received: 137

Longrifle wrote: If squad wars actually takes off, and I believe that like I believe in the Easter bunny, I'm going to start a squadless squad exactly like that. The first rule is you don't talk about it. The second rule is that you don't get all fratty about it and run out and buy matching shirts.


I have two points about this.

1) Isn't that already there in Dogfight Clan by Zuperman? No official pages and no rules!
2) Not all squads behave like soap operas with a drama every episode. Check out The Enigma Corps for example. Very clean, friendly and uncontroversial. It is an honor to carry the insignia. Oh, and yes I do put more into it because I am a squad member.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

r there benefits for being in squad 5 years 5 months ago #186632

  • [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT
  • [*M] MISFIT CROCKETT's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 4735
  • Thank you received: 13289
As BLACK SHADOW stated their are some really good squadrons. Just take your time and learn who is who. There is a lot of good fun folks out here and being a part of them is fun.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mongo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

r there benefits for being in squad 5 years 5 months ago #186679

  • Longrifle
  • Longrifle's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 515
  • Thank you received: 871

[e]Black Shadow wrote:

Longrifle wrote: If squad wars actually takes off, and I believe that like I believe in the Easter bunny, I'm going to start a squadless squad exactly like that. The first rule is you don't talk about it. The second rule is that you don't get all fratty about it and run out and buy matching shirts.


I have two points about this.

1) Isn't that already there in Dogfight Clan by Zuperman? No official pages and no rules!
2) Not all squads behave like soap operas with a drama every episode. Check out The Enigma Corps for example. Very clean, friendly and uncontroversial. It is an honor to carry the insignia. Oh, and yes I do put more into it because I am a squad member.


I'm thinking no rules but of including minimum rank to lessen the churn and preserve an elite fighting unit of mercenaries above level 20 something. Lots of unaffiliated guys of high rank who would want to compete in squad wars if it launches. DFC takes anyone of any rank and doesn't police them, and therefore has no unifying identity. Nothing wrong with that, just know that if you were to participate in squad wars your team might be a trio of level 8 noobs flying aircos and driving tanks all over the board.

On your second point..cough cough.. yeah. I think I've seen a little drama from all the squads, including members flushed for bad behavior, inter-squad bickering, etc. I get you like your team, but all teams have their days. There are a lot of good guys in squads, as I said, and I have fun killing them all, no matter what their banners say.
This Gun's For Hire

The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK, [NLR] Finn

Please Log in to join the conversation.

r there benefits for being in squad 5 years 5 months ago #186736

  • [M]yGUNNZZ
  • [M]yGUNNZZ's Avatar
  • Offline
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Posts: 1268
  • Thank you received: 1768

Longrifle wrote:

[e]Black Shadow wrote:

Longrifle wrote: If squad wars actually takes off, and I believe that like I believe in the Easter bunny, I'm going to start a squadless squad exactly like that. The first rule is you don't talk about it. The second rule is that you don't get all fratty about it and run out and buy matching shirts.


I have two points about this.

1) Isn't that already there in Dogfight Clan by Zuperman? No official pages and no rules!
2) Not all squads behave like soap operas with a drama every episode. Check out The Enigma Corps for example. Very clean, friendly and uncontroversial. It is an honor to carry the insignia. Oh, and yes I do put more into it because I am a squad member.


I'm thinking no rules but of including minimum rank to lessen the churn and preserve an elite fighting unit of mercenaries above level 20 something. Lots of unaffiliated guys of high rank who would want to compete in squad wars if it launches. DFC takes anyone of any rank and doesn't police them, and therefore has no unifying identity. Nothing wrong with that, just know that if you were to participate in squad wars your team might be a trio of level 8 noobs flying aircos and driving tanks all over the board.

On your second point..cough cough.. yeah. I think I've seen a little drama from all the squads, including members flushed for bad behavior, inter-squad bickering, etc. I get you like your team, but all teams have their days. There are a lot of good guys in squads, as I said, and I have fun killing them all, no matter what their banners say.

rifle my brother thats why the INC IS THE BEST no drama no 2hen u gonna join??

Please Log in to join the conversation.

r there benefits for being in squad 5 years 5 months ago #186823

  • [M]FOX#1
  • [M]FOX#1's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "I sniff through the desert like a fox"Erwin Romel
  • Posts: 1412
  • Thank you received: 3804
Here's some tips to get started and MAKE
friends in this game.

1.
Don't try send ZUPERMAN (Owner)(Boss) messages. Cuz he's got to have a chance to feed his dog at least once a day.

2.
Go to BlueMax's English language class.
You will learn a new word every day!
(You might even learn some that are kind and caring)

3.stay away from Crockett. (He's a bully) jk :lol:

4.
Don't misspell Crackheads Crocketts name :whistle:

5.
Don't post about
Lag
Spawn killers
Campers
Sneekers
Droppers
Terrible updates
Why apple never never updates
Why u hate MOMS
Why Crockett has a toilet seat around his neck

6.
AND DON'T ASK....
WHAT THE FOX SAYS
:angry: :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedBaroness

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by [M]FOX#1.

r there benefits for being in squad 5 years 5 months ago #186824

  • Longrifle
  • Longrifle's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 515
  • Thank you received: 871
.[/quote]rifle my brother thats why the INC IS THE BEST no drama no 2hen u gonna join??[/quote]

No drama? Didn't your squad name get hijacked by a crew of pretenders, and get held virtual hostage by these malcontents? Sounds like drama to me, lol
This Gun's For Hire

Please Log in to join the conversation.

r there benefits for being in squad 5 years 5 months ago #186828

  • [M]yGUNNZZ
  • [M]yGUNNZZ's Avatar
  • Offline
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Posts: 1268
  • Thank you received: 1768
Rifle lol cant help some poser stole our squad name...lol our squads straight up alot of people our age if you got drama u get removed from the inc..btw fake squads now gone for good

Please Log in to join the conversation.

r there benefits for being in squad 5 years 5 months ago #186845

  • [TFL] Robert33
  • [TFL] Robert33's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Hoot Hoot Shoot
  • Posts: 386
  • Thank you received: 410
@JLC
for in-game benefits, lets just say that if you have a squadmate around onyour side, you're pretty much assured of a wingman (an important part of aerial combat) as well as learning new tactics to compliment your skills.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

r there benefits for being in squad 5 years 5 months ago #187094

  • yakuza
  • yakuza's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 448
  • Thank you received: 556
hi.... :)
just putting my 2¢ in...
take your time in choosing the squad that suits u....
if ever u want to talk and chat besides the squad chat rooms....Jacklpe's bar would be the best place.....( Jolly Rogers )
We r Friends amongest Friends like Family...Who just like to Shoot at each other..... :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]VonHuLK

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
Time to create page: 0.375 seconds