Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This section is for squadrons recruiting, events and chats.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Question: 10 years 3 months ago #155277

• Hell Cat - 2
  • Hell Cat - 2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 37
Hi guys - I was originally Hell Cat was assigned XFactor when I received my new IPad about about a year later. Now I'm renamed Hell Cat - 3. During the last month I have Ben asked many times to join Squards. I have been thinking about doing so. Can anyone I advise me what the advantages would be to join one other than friendship between players. Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Question: 10 years 3 months ago #155283

• Whiplash
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Been Doomed since 1990!
  • Thank you received: 3010

Hell Cat - 2 wrote: Hi guys - I was originally Hell Cat was assigned XFactor when I received my new IPad about about a year later. Now I'm renamed Hell Cat - 3. During the last month I have Ben asked many times to join Squards. I have been thinking about doing so. Can anyone I advise me what the advantages would be to join one other than friendship between players. Thanks

Here are my thoughts...

Benefits of being in a squad:
- an immediate group of friends who can show you tricks and tips since much of this game is hidden or passed from player to player. For example what point in the throttle will you stall, how do you take off and land inside the carrier without leaving, how do you shoot in parachute, etc.
- a place on the forum to become well known and that reputation can help you when a stronger um less nice player is taking advantage of you.
- Some squads have game tactics they can teach that make winning easier
- an immediate reputation since squads all have rules (or they should have) and when they know you are from a certain squad you would not do some less honorable acts for risk of being booted from that squad.
- some squads have rules in dogfight free for all rounds that they don't shoot squad mates or signal that they will or won't shoot a squad mate. That can be very helpful
- there is a warm fuzzy feeling that you are an elite player of sorts even if it is just a name above your plane
- Lots have super cool banners customized just for you. Look around they are very impressive.
- I believe squad wars will get here some day and then you will want to be in a strong squad to win more. Winning is fun!
- The longer you wait the lower down the totem pole so to speak you become in the squad since you will be new and having a leader or officer spot if your squad has them can be a lot of fun and you can make decisions

Benefits of not being in a squad:
- If a squad or someone in a squad does something wrong, the squad as a whole pays a little in loss of honor and if many pilots have the same bad behavior it can be assumed all of them do.
- Lots more free time since you don't have to post look at threads clean planes wash dishes etc.
- Freedom to play the way you like. You only have to answer to you.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3Aj5cS2yr1O2fenK2
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thulsa Doom

Question: 10 years 3 months ago #155288

• [NLR] McFate
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't believe everything you think.
  • Thank you received: 5398
Very well said Whiplash. B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thulsa Doom

Question: 10 years 3 months ago #155323

• Mongo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly like its stolen shoot like you mean to keep it
  • Thank you received: 6558

SnidelyWhiplash wrote:

Hell Cat - 2 wrote: Hi guys - I was originally Hell Cat was assigned XFactor when I received my new IPad about about a year later. Now I'm renamed Hell Cat - 3. During the last month I have Ben asked many times to join Squards. I have been thinking about doing so. Can anyone I advise me what the advantages would be to join one other than friendship between players. Thanks

Here are my thoughts...

Benefits of being in a squad:
- an immediate group of friends who can show you tricks and tips since much of this game is hidden or passed from player to player. For example what point in the throttle will you stall, how do you take off and land inside the carrier without leaving, how do you shoot in parachute, etc.
- a place on the forum to become well known and that reputation can help you when a stronger um less nice player is taking advantage of you.
- Some squads have game tactics they can teach that make winning easier
- an immediate reputation since squads all have rules (or they should have) and when they know you are from a certain squad you would not do some less honorable acts for risk of being booted from that squad.
- some squads have rules in dogfight free for all rounds that they don't shoot squad mates or signal that they will or won't shoot a squad mate. That can be very helpful
- there is a warm fuzzy feeling that you are an elite player of sorts even if it is just a name above your plane
- Lots have super cool banners customized just for you. Look around they are very impressive.
- I believe squad wars will get here some day and then you will want to be in a strong squad to win more. Winning is fun!
- The longer you wait the lower down the totem pole so to speak you become in the squad since you will be new and having a leader or officer spot if your squad has them can be a lot of fun and you can make decisions

Benefits of not being in a squad:
- If a squad or someone in a squad does something wrong, the squad as a whole pays a little in loss of honor and if many pilots have the same bad behavior it can be assumed all of them do.
- Lots more free time since you don't have to post look at threads clean planes wash dishes etc.
- Freedom to play the way you like. You only have to answer to you.

Couldn't have said it better Whip!

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an idiot from any direction
(.Y.)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.477 seconds