Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This section is for squadrons recruiting, events and chats.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Getting to know more about the various squadrons 10 years 9 months ago #112964

• TadpoleOfDoom
  • TadpoleOfDoom's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 86
Hey, TadpoleOfDoom here!! I finally created a forum account, and was thinking about squadrons as a few have asked me to join, however, I realized that i do not know much about any of them, apart from the few things I've read on the various forum pages. So, I've decided to ask, on here, a few general questions meant for any squadrons who are vying for new recruits such as myself.

1) What types of benefits would I, or any other new player, gain by joining up with your squadron?

2) What type of things are expected of members of your squadron, whether they are in the process of joining or have been a long-time member?

3) What sort of, shall we say, heirarchy, does your squadron have, if any?

4) Is there a minimum age or level limit in your squadron?

5) What would YOU, as a recruiter for your squadron, say to new players in an effort to get them to join?

As i say, I'm brand spanking new to the forum, so if this is the wrong place for these questions please let me know and I'll try to figure out how to remove/move this post. Other than that, have at it guys. I'd love to hear back from squadron recruiters and hopefully this will not only help me but anyone else who has the same questions that I have. Thanks!!

-Tad
The following user(s) said Thank You: ParrotHead, [*M]bzerkbzerk, Richyroo, BlüEMäX, yose[M]ite

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Getting to know more about the various squadrons 10 years 9 months ago #112965

• yose[M]ite
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 802
Hey Tadpole,

I've seen you in game a couple times. Those are some good questions. Some of those can be answere if you click on any squads thread and read the first page. They have all the rules and requirements listed.
Good luck :)

Dixie
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]bzerkbzerk

Getting to know more about the various squadrons 10 years 9 months ago #112966

• BlüEMäX
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Chicken & Waffles!!
  • Thank you received: 3085
Good questions Tad.

As far as MOM goes you can pull up page one of the thread and read it.

1. Benefits - cake & sarcasm. Playing with a bunch of good guys that like to kill reds. Top notch players.

2. Expectations - none. Have a good time and enjoy friends & the game.

3. Hierarchy - Wig is the supreme ruler of MOM. We also have the star chamber which handles voting for membership.

4. Age - Mean & Old but MOM has several younger players (MOM prodigy)

5. I like playing with you. I like your sense of humor and you are becoming a pain in the ass to kill. You crack me up every time we play. MOM is invite only and I don't invite many. If you are interested then I am inviting you to join. Drop my name if you apply. Shop around and see which squad you like the best. There are several good ones here. Instructions on how to apply to MOM are on page one of the MOM thread. :)

Welcome to the forum,
BlüE MäX

Getting to know more about the various squadrons 10 years 9 months ago #112967

• Richyroo
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1315
Hello there TadPole Of Doom,

I hope I answer ALL of your questions here,

1. Join a squad and you will get the opportunity to have writing above your head and I must say, The Looney Bin looks best. :lol:

2. Different squads expect different things.

MOM expect Cake and lots of fun but you can't show its fun. Also Secret higher chamber for respected players :whistle:

Flacons are military ranked squad, ranks within squad, roles and positions. (Religious) Also has Own website

New Lunar Republic are a friendly, skilled force, don't talk alot on forum but great ingame.

108th WarDog are smallish, don't chat alot on thread but again, are skilled and fun.

Kamikaze are a really small squad and that's all I know. :blush:

Misfits are pretty similar to the falcons but they are less diplomatic (More to the point). They love stretchy pants and cookies. Also has Website and "a ace hole at the rear" <~~~ huh? :sick: :dry:

Enigma are respectable and have good players but I can't think of what else to say about them...a good bunch of guys. Also has own website

C.A.C, like the south... :huh: Also has own website. EDIT:- Covert Operations Centre ;)

Devils Drangons, small intimate, fun squad with few in squad roles. Also has own website.

The Looney Bin, talk crap, have fun and love ducks! :unsure: is completely transparent, what you see is what you get.

Turtles....erm.......small, new and I know nothing more.

I think that's most the squads summed up.

4. As far as I know, it's only M.O.M and The Looney Bin with an age preference although M.O.M has a 'prodigy' option for younger players. We at the Looney Bin currently have an "older" demographic.

5. What would I say to tempt you our way.....erm......We pay the most... :dry:

Please now stand back and watch me get criticised for insulting squads where I never intended.

*DISCLAIMER* These are the views of me, RichyRoo and do NOt represent any person or institution connected with The Looney Bin, I have tried to describe each squad, honestly, fairly and as accurate as my head thought was fair at time of writing.

Nice to meet you TadPole,

Richy~Roo A.K.A Check Ur Nuts, Head Case, Zebra Killer

C.E.O, The Looney Bin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [e]hammer_tool, [*M]bhfoust, [*M]bzerkbzerk, yose[M]ite

Last edit: by Richyroo.

Getting to know more about the various squadrons 10 years 9 months ago #112968

• yose[M]ite
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Cac: love the south and we don't use website but we use google hangouts :)

Crazy guy you forgot kamikazi squadron and New Lunar Republic
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]bzerkbzerk, Richyroo

Last edit: by yose[M]ite.

Getting to know more about the various squadrons 10 years 9 months ago #112969

• Richyroo
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

Dixieconfederate wrote: Cac: love the south and we don't use website but we use google hangouts :)

Crazy guy you forgot kamikazi squadron and New Lunar Republic

Will edit now thanks.....plus WarDog! :blink:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]bzerkbzerk, yose[M]ite

Getting to know more about the various squadrons 10 years 9 months ago #112970

• [*M]bzerkbzerk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 6993

Richyroo wrote: Hello there TadPole Of Doom,

1. Join a squad and you will get the opportunity to have writing above your head and I must say, The Looney Bin looks best. :lol:

MOM expect Cake and lots of fun but you can't show its fun. Also Secret higher chamber for respected players :whistle:

Flacons want to be a real military squad, ranks within squad, roles and positions. (Religious) Also has Own website

Misfits are pretty much the same as the above except they are less diplomatic. (More to the point) love stretchy pants. Also has Website

Enigma are respectable and have good players but I can't think of what else to say about them...a good bunch of guys. Also has own website

C.A.C, like the south... :huh: Also has own website.

Devils Drangons, small intimate, fun squad with few in squad roles. Also has own website.

The Looney Bin, talk crap, have fun and love ducks! :unsure: is completely transparent, what you see is what you get.

4. As far as I know, it's only M.O.M and The Looney Bin with an age preference although M.O.M has a 'prodigy' option for younger players. We at the Looney Bin currently have an "older" demographic.

Please now stand back and watch me get criticised for insulting squads where I never intended.

*DISCLAIMER* These are the views of me, RichyRoo and do NOt represent any person or institution connected with The Looney Bin, I have tried to describe each squad, honestly, fairly and as accurate as my head thought was fair at time of writing.

C.E.O, The Looney Bin.

Richy we don't think or want to be a real military squad, so that is a big difference. We enjoy the game and meeting new people just as much as we enjoy stretchy pants.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]bhfoust, Richyroo

Getting to know more about the various squadrons 10 years 9 months ago #112971

• Richyroo
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

bzerkbzerk wrote:

Flacons want to be a real military squad, ranks within squad, roles and positions. (Religious) Also has Own website

Misfits are pretty much the same as the above except they are less diplomatic. (More to the point) love stretchy pants. Also has Website

C.E.O, The Looney Bin.

Richy we don't think or want to be a real military squad, so that is a big difference. We enjoy the game and meeting new people just as much as we enjoy stretchy pants.

Edited, so apologies although please note the disclaimer, it was me who wrote this, it was my fingers.

Getting to know more about the various squadrons 10 years 9 months ago #112972

• [*M]bhfoust
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Rock'n the tank since 2012
  • Thank you received: 8857

bzerkbzerk wrote:

C.E.O, The Looney Bin.

Don't forget we have a ace hole in the rear (of our base...) ohh we love cookies as well :woohoo:

Getting to know more about the various squadrons 10 years 9 months ago #112973

• [*M]bzerkbzerk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 6993
As others have stated, you can check out each squads first page and find out what they are about, some have invitation only, some have strict recruitment guidelines and others just want to get to know you. I suggest stopping by any squad you may be interested in and saying hello, that's what we ask of anyone interested in the Misfits.

Each one is unique and I'm sure you'll find one you like. Personally the benefits I've experienced have come from developing friendships in the game as well as outside the game, good luck and stop by anytime.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]bhfoust, Richyroo, yose[M]ite

Getting to know more about the various squadrons 10 years 9 months ago #112974

• Richyroo
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

bzerkbzerk wrote: Each one is unique and I'm sure you'll find one you like. Personally the benefits I've experienced have come from developing friendships in the game as well as outside the game, good luck and stop by anytime.

Very well put, why didn't I think of that!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [*M]bhfoust, [*M]bzerkbzerk

Getting to know more about the various squadrons 10 years 9 months ago #112977

• ParrotHead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Growing older, but not up!
  • Thank you received: 3728
Welcome to the forum Tad. Enjoy playin with you and would second Max's recommendation, if you're interested in M.O.M.

But and it's a BIG BUT, please spend some time going thru the pages. Makes sure where you apply "feels" like home. If that's not M.O.M, so be it. The worst thing you could do is jump into a squad and figure out its not right for you. When you leave a squad it could cause hard feeling and awkwardness. There's a little drama in all the houses. If you put this many people together, there's going to be conflicts. When you come across this in your review of the squad pages, remember every squad go through it. You have time, take it. Post on the squad threads and get that "feel".

I hope you find the right place to call home here in our little community.

PH
Fuck this place. Second rate hack playing in a yard that's too big for him.

Getting to know more about the various squadrons 10 years 9 months ago #112978

• yose[M]ite
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

C.A.C, like the south... :huh: Also has own website. EDIT:- Covert Operations Centre ;)

B) you make me feel ninja... Just wait till i start jumping on rooftops.
But you spelled falcons wrong!!!!

Getting to know more about the various squadrons 10 years 9 months ago #112984

• TadpoleOfDoom
  • TadpoleOfDoom's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 86
Thank you all who've replied, this has given me some stuff to think about. It's very nice to see that so many players take interest in helping others, and I will be sure to take note and look around at the different squad pages, perhaps a bit better than I did before lol. To Blue Max, I'll definitely think about your offer, seeing as I do so love cake, although my hardness to kill might be attributed to my terrible Internet connection. (some of my XBL friends call it a "Walmart connection." I can't deny this seeing as I lag so bad I can't sign in on many occasions. This being said, if I've ever made a game less than enjoyable due to my connection making me harder to kill than a cockroach, I'm not trying to, my wifi just sucks.) To all else, like I say, I thank you for taking the time to reply to my post and will look into getting more information about the squadrons that I might be interested in. That being said, to Enigma, Devils Dragons, and the Wardogs, I have considered all of your offers. (I would list also the names of those who've tried to recruit me, but alas I have forgotten who you are.) Again, thanks all. Taddy out. For now. Muahahahahahaha. But yeah, for real, I need to get reading up on you guys. See ya.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ParrotHead, [*M]bzerkbzerk

Getting to know more about the various squadrons 10 years 9 months ago #112989

• [DD]Big C
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Molon Labe
  • Thank you received: 590

TadpoleOfDoom wrote: Hey, TadpoleOfDoom here!! I finally created a forum account, and was thinking about squadrons as a few have asked me to join, however, I realized that i do not know much about any of them, apart from the few things I've read on the various forum pages. So, I've decided to ask, on here, a few general questions meant for any squadrons who are vying for new recruits such as myself.

1) What types of benefits would I, or any other new player, gain by joining up with your squadron?

2) What type of things are expected of members of your squadron, whether they are in the process of joining or have been a long-time member?

3) What sort of, shall we say, heirarchy, does your squadron have, if any?

4) Is there a minimum age or level limit in your squadron?

5) What would YOU, as a recruiter for your squadron, say to new players in an effort to get them to join?

As i say, I'm brand spanking new to the forum, so if this is the wrong place for these questions please let me know and I'll try to figure out how to remove/move this post. Other than that, have at it guys. I'd love to hear back from squadron recruiters and hopefully this will not only help me but anyone else who has the same questions that I have. Thanks!!

I haven't seen any enigmas post anything, so ill just post what is on our thread. None of this is personal opinion.
-Tad

I haven't seen any enigmas post anything, so ill just post what is on our thread. None of this is personal opinion.

1. By joining our squad you get the honor and respect of joining on of the most reputable squads in the game. Also, you will be able to gain a closer relationship with other players like you.

2. They are expected to be respectful, and follow the enigma code which is too long to list.

3. The only person with any power over the others is are the three leaders of our squad, all time tested and honorable. Everyone else is equal.

4. You must be level 5 to show that you are committed to the game and the squad.

5. I don't think I am a recruiter, but I will answer the question anyways: I would say that you meet all requirements for joining enigma including likability, respect, and skill, would you like to join enigma? (And then I tell them how to if they say yes)
"Age is an issue of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter" -Mark Twain
The following user(s) said Thank You: --J--

Getting to know more about the various squadrons 10 years 9 months ago #112995

• --J--
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839
Big C hit the nail right on the head.

Enigma encourages good sportsmanship. Our thread is pretty quiet because most of us would rather play than chat,
(actions speak louder than words). People at all levels of skill and rank above 5 are welcome. We support and
encourage each other, members of other squads, and Dog Fight's playership as a whole.

As far as leadership, we have a few co-administrators, and a few recruiters. We will be selecting a few "flight leaders"
in early July.

Very little drama in our ranks, although on occasion there is some.

If you build it, I will come.......and bomb it !!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [DD]Big C

Last edit: by --J--.

Getting to know more about the various squadrons 10 years 9 months ago #113014

• Mr. Serious
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • gen~~~~~~~~jack
  • Thank you received: 1352
The CAC is an elitist group,, We have a special ops hub, and we have cookouts every weekend. There is nothing like southern cookingmmmmmm yummy :)

Gen~~~~~~~~jack
The following user(s) said Thank You: yose[M]ite

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.473 seconds