Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This section is for squadrons recruiting, events and chats.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

OWNERS OF OFFICIAL SQUADRONS PLEASE ANSWER THIS!! 10 years 10 months ago #103557

• Turtle [M]an
  • Turtle [M]an's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • A.K.A [M]Ryan273935
  • Thank you received: 148
I'm new at this that's why I have a lot of questions. If you are the owner of a official squadron please post
What kind of activities make a good squadron that people want to be in, and how do you host these activities.
Also how do you make your squadron official? Please post.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Turtle [M]an.

OWNERS OF OFFICIAL SQUADRONS PLEASE ANSWER THIS!! 10 years 10 months ago #103568

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
  • Thank you received: 2818
Ok Ryan 1st pick out a squad name, What are you going to call it? Then set up a list of squadron rules you can go to most any squads 1st page and see theirs. This will help give you a better understanding of what people look for in a squadron. Then post a squadron thread here and ask people to join it. Then when in game ask people you see with and without squad tags if they'd like to talk bout joining your squadron via pm's is best or on your squadron thread. As for banners and such I can't help you but here are many here that can if asked nice. Good luck and happy hunting.
I could care....But I dont
The following user(s) said Thank You: Turtle [M]an

Last edit: by Dr Dave..

OWNERS OF OFFICIAL SQUADRONS PLEASE ANSWER THIS!! 10 years 10 months ago #103575

• Turtle [M]an
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • A.K.A [M]Ryan273935
My squad name is !Turtles¡ I have a tread with rules (near the bottom of the 1st page) but as far as I can tell all joining a squadron does is make a tag above your plane with the squad name. I'm just wondering how I host events and stuff.
Thanks Dr Dave!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave.

OWNERS OF OFFICIAL SQUADRONS PLEASE ANSWER THIS!! 10 years 10 months ago #103579

• Gina bandit
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • hey its gina;)
  • Thank you received: 348

Ryan273935 wrote: My squad name is !Turtles¡ I have a tread with rules (near the bottom of the 1st page) but as far as I can tell all joining a squadron does is make a tag above your plane with the squad name. I'm just wondering how I host events and stuff.
Thanks Dr Dave!

There are no events. You have a name above ur plane and u fit in. Enjoy

OWNERS OF OFFICIAL SQUADRONS PLEASE ANSWER THIS!! 10 years 10 months ago #103585

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
I've tried events and other things but as you'll see most people here are over 20 & 30 yrs old and work we play when we can and finding times that everyone can be on line or in game at same time is a nightmare in its self. Bit you can and should try you may have better luck.

OWNERS OF OFFICIAL SQUADRONS PLEASE ANSWER THIS!! 10 years 10 months ago #103632

• Turtle [M]an
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • A.K.A [M]Ryan273935
Ok I think that's it on this topic I've got all I need to know, Thanks everyone Dr Dave, and Gina Bandit. You have both helped very much
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave.

OWNERS OF OFFICIAL SQUADRONS PLEASE ANSWER THIS!! 10 years 10 months ago #103661

• Dr Dave.
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • EXTERMINATE
Who Evers hitting his karma please stop. He's trying to make this right so give him the chance. There's no hard feeling between him and I we have a understanding now and he's making good on it. So stop with the karma hits. Ok.

Last edit: by Dr Dave..

OWNERS OF OFFICIAL SQUADRONS PLEASE ANSWER THIS!! 10 years 10 months ago #103678

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866
He PM'd me about it. Not me.
Manfred
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr Dave., Turtle [M]an

OWNERS OF OFFICIAL SQUADRONS PLEASE ANSWER THIS!! 10 years 10 months ago #105882

• GreyGhost
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 7264
Ryan the first thing I did was I talked to ppl first and became friends with them, and brought it up when I could. Then went to pms with it. Its better to have atlest 4 or 5 ppl to join right off the bat. Then you all can start recruiting members faster. The key is to grab them at a young rank, and make them recruits till you feel they are ready. Make them feel wanted and appreciated always. Make a chain of command and go from there. It can be a slow process, but well worth the effort.

The Misfits are still young, about 3 months old and have about 35 members. We want to keep it small for personal rasons. We treat each other like family and that works for us. Other squads have 90 pluse and that works for them. What I mean to say is grow as big or as small as you want. I have seen squads come in strong and fall apart fast, cause of the pilots that were recruited. So be carefull on who you bring in. Every squad has drama at one point or another. The key to stopping that or keeping it from happening is to pick the right pilots. A squad is not based on piloting skills. But more of personality!

M.o.M, Falcons, Wardogs, E and many others all are great squads. But just like us Misfits we all have fallouts. Ppl will leave and more will come. It all depends on how you deal with the drama that pops up.

I hope this helps you out bro. Good luck with your squad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richyroo

OWNERS OF OFFICIAL SQUADRONS PLEASE ANSWER THIS!! 10 years 10 months ago #105883

• Richyroo
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 1315
I don't often agree with you ghost but on this one, well said......

Karma for you shortly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost

OWNERS OF OFFICIAL SQUADRONS PLEASE ANSWER THIS!! 10 years 10 months ago #105891

• Turtle [M]an
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • A.K.A [M]Ryan273935
What is ppl? And what is the difference between a member and a recruit? What do you mean by drama points? And is there other ways to join a squad other than going to tools?

OWNERS OF OFFICIAL SQUADRONS PLEASE ANSWER THIS!! 10 years 10 months ago #105899

• GreyGhost
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Ryan273935 wrote: What is ppl? And what is the difference between a member and a recruit? What do you mean by drama points? And is there other ways to join a squad other than going to tools?

Lol ppl is short for people! There are no drama points. I was talking about having drama at one point in time. A recruit is not a full member. They are like members in the making. OK the Misfits just went through this. Any one can go to tools and add a tag. But you or your recruitment officer can make it official. That's when you invite them in to your squad and they post on the squad thread. Also banners help determine who is in what squad. Like mine below. Or Dr. Dave's. If you have any more questions just ask I will do my best to help you out with what ever you need.

Booooooo
121stMisfits
GreyGhost

OWNERS OF OFFICIAL SQUADRONS PLEASE ANSWER THIS!! 10 years 10 months ago #105905

• Turtle [M]an
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • A.K.A [M]Ryan273935
How do you make it official? And can people join without going to tools first?

OWNERS OF OFFICIAL SQUADRONS PLEASE ANSWER THIS!! 10 years 10 months ago #105911

• GreyGhost
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Ryan273935 wrote: How do you make it official? And can people join without going to tools first?

Nope, they can only join by request or invite. Thats how most squads do it. You have made an official thread, now you 3 just start recruiting. The more traffic on your thread the better chance of making it in to the big leages. Lol Now some one from your squad needs to set up turtle recruit tag. Then your recruits will wear that tag to show every one that they are recruits, and also makes them targets. Yes they will be targets. Lol it will make them better in the long run trust me. Then fly with them and do evaluations on them. Fly with and againest them for a good eval. Always encourage them to try harder and push their limits. Have fun with them. I hope I answered you questions. Any thing else hit me up ill be happy to help out.

OWNERS OF OFFICIAL SQUADRONS PLEASE ANSWER THIS!! 10 years 10 months ago #105924

• Turtle [M]an
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • A.K.A [M]Ryan273935
You still haven't said HOW to make it official. Hope I'm not being to pushy.

OWNERS OF OFFICIAL SQUADRONS PLEASE ANSWER THIS!! 10 years 10 months ago #105931

• GreyGhost
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Ryan273935 wrote: You still haven't said HOW to make it official. Hope I'm not being to pushy.

You already did it bro. You just need to add a few more members and get your thread booming with traffic. Again the more post you havecthe faster you get members and post on your thread the better youll be at gettin up there with the rest of us, lol

OWNERS OF OFFICIAL SQUADRONS PLEASE ANSWER THIS!! 10 years 10 months ago #105932

• Trone187
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 655
I have already made a banner for him and agreed to make a banner for any of his new members
The Misfit from Texas and Texans never quit till the job is done

The following user(s) said Thank You: GreyGhost, [*M]TBUILT, Turtle [M]an

OWNERS OF OFFICIAL SQUADRONS PLEASE ANSWER THIS!! 10 years 10 months ago #106338

• T man
  • Thank you received: 64

Trone187 wrote: I have already made a banner for him and agreed to make a banner for any of his new members

That's certainly what I did. Except I didn't have very many members back then when I was head of DIESEL Dragons. Now I've joined with M.O.M. It's been a wild ride but I'm glad it's over.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.654 seconds