Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This section is for squadrons recruiting, events and chats.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Apologies to HellDawg & the 111th 11 years 9 months ago #20605

• Captain Ryan
  • Captain Ryan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 13
This evening during a Bomb the Carrier mission, I was party to an unfortunate incident. :(

HellDawg was spawn-killed mightily on the carrier deck.

This made him none too happy, as evidenced by his vociferous protests. :angry:

Sorry, HellDawg. :blush:

If I may explain briefly...

In my defense, I was diving on the carrier with guns blazing. I was about 100 points away from promotion from II Wing Commander to Wing Commander, so I was eager for some kills. :evil:

Then, HellDawg spawned on the carrier deck, right in front of me. A minor adjustment to my flightpath would put him in my sights.

Now, I loathe spawn killing. I've been spawn-killed myself. Badly. Many times. 8 times in a row once. I never got off the deck, and that game ended. Such is life.

Just last night, I was spawn-killed by one of the aces, either from 111th or enigma, I don't recall. After having been spawn-killed, I asked if spawn killing was okay. The response was, "It is when we do it. LOL."

So I thought, "Okay."

Just this evening, I had been reading about WWI flyers and the honor they demonstrated among themselves, even among pilots from the "other side" (ie German vs English). They would often fly low over enemy troops and drop mail written by POW flyers, or would drop the personal effects of downed airmen, to be returned to their loved ones.

And yet, all's fair in love and war, and war games, it would seem.

So there I am, lighting up the carrier deck when HellDawg appears in my sights.

I'm moments away from promotion. I've been spawn-killed by aces who outrank me and who seem to approve of the matter.

In about half a second, all this goes through my mind . . . and I lit HellDawg up.

But I felt guilty about it even as I was doing it.

Then, one of my squad mates dives in at a greater airspeed and lights up HellDawg at the same time. HellDawg's airplane bursts into flames. I figured my teammate had done him in. But the game awarded the kill to me. A few minutes later, I was shot down, bailed out, got into a tank, and was promoted to full Wing Commander.

But it was largely at HellDawg's expense. So it's bittersweet.

HellDawg was pretty ticked, as I said. He called us "Spawn-killing SOBs". Which we were. I stated that it was okay when it happened to me, and that I suspected HellDawg practiced the activity himself. He stated that he does not spawn kill, unless it's to protect the zeppelin.

Then there were some misspelled 4-letter words tossed about. One player got uncomfortable and left the game. Shortly thereafter, HellDawg left the game as well.

It wasn't fun.

So, I apologize to you HellDawg. It was a split-second decision in the heat of the moment with a promotion tempting me like the leg statue tempted Ralphie in "A Christmas Story." If I could take it back, I would. I'm considering it a lesson learned.

In subsequent games this evening, I had ample opportunity to gun down planes sitting on the carrier deck running up for take off. I didn't do it. Better to win or lose in the air than to rack up cheap points off of easy kills.

I suggest we all think about the practice of spawn killing and decide where we stand on the matter. It's a gray area, for there are no penalties for doing it. And perhaps there ought not be; perhaps it ought to remain in the realm of personal choice. Such decisions are the stuff of life and they define who we are.

No hard feelin's, HellDawg.

Blue skies.

CAPTAIN RYAN
WING COMMANDER
Blue Skies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [e]FlyMagic

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Apologies to HellDawg & the 111th 11 years 9 months ago #20607

• [111th] Xx£oserxX
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Hey there!
  • Thank you received: 67
*Sniffle* What a great story about love and loss :lol:
Pie is the best so I don't care if you call me a loser :)

Re: Apologies to HellDawg & the 111th 11 years 9 months ago #20608

• bomer1
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • yolo
  • Thank you received: 539
Ryan he doeant care that much, well he does but he is not going to stay mad at u. I have spawn killed him many times he gets mad then but next game he is not angry at all. he will get u back though, just saying. He wont spawn kill u just kill u, not team kill.

Re: Apologies to HellDawg & the 111th 11 years 9 months ago #20609

• Black Flag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 453

Ahhh...yes...great read but you spawnkilled HellDawg for 100 points.

Re: Apologies to HellDawg & the 111th 11 years 9 months ago #20612

• |111th|KptnSINGH
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Top dolllar paid for ur rusty wings
  • Thank you received: 705
this letter would make both your english and history teacher proud :)

this is how i fly !!! :)

Re: Apologies to HellDawg & the 111th 11 years 9 months ago #20631

• [e]Sputnik
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Mt. Everest is my home.
  • Thank you received: 863

Kptn Singh wrote: this letter would make both your english and history teacher proud :)

Exactly

Say you'll never let me go...
A wise sput once said "you laugh at my skills I laugh at your bank account"

Re: Apologies to HellDawg & the 111th 11 years 9 months ago #20646

• Blain
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • SOCCER!!!!!
  • Thank you received: 47
Lol

Re: Apologies to HellDawg & the 111th 11 years 9 months ago #20771

• _eBu_
  • Thank you received: 23
no problem with spawnkilling guys, as long as you dont spawnkill starters,not to make them bored.
read the "spawnkilling legal?" topic.

Re: Apologies to HellDawg & the 111th 11 years 9 months ago #20783

• HellDawg
  • Thank you received: 23
no problem bud....but you are always in my sights and it won't be blue skies for you! hhaharrhahharrharr ;)
i1079.photobucket.com/albums/w511/myatsoethet/falcon_black-2.jpg

Re: Apologies to HellDawg & the 111th 11 years 9 months ago #20789

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836

Captain Ryan wrote: This evening during a Bomb the Carrier mission, I was party to an unfortunate incident. :(

HellDawg was spawn-killed mightily on the carrier deck.

This made him none too happy, as evidenced by his vociferous protests. :angry:

Sorry, HellDawg. :blush:

If I may explain briefly...

In my defense, I was diving on the carrier with guns blazing. I was about 100 points away from promotion from II Wing Commander to Wing Commander, so I was eager for some kills. :evil:

Then, HellDawg spawned on the carrier deck, right in front of me. A minor adjustment to my flightpath would put him in my sights.

Now, I loathe spawn killing. I've been spawn-killed myself. Badly. Many times. 8 times in a row once. I never got off the deck, and that game ended. Such is life.

Just last night, I was spawn-killed by one of the aces, either from 111th or enigma, I don't recall. After having been spawn-killed, I asked if spawn killing was okay. The response was, "It is when we do it. LOL."

So I thought, "Okay."

Just this evening, I had been reading about WWI flyers and the honor they demonstrated among themselves, even among pilots from the "other side" (ie German vs English). They would often fly low over enemy troops and drop mail written by POW flyers, or would drop the personal effects of downed airmen, to be returned to their loved ones.

And yet, all's fair in love and war, and war games, it would seem.

So there I am, lighting up the carrier deck when HellDawg appears in my sights.

I'm moments away from promotion. I've been spawn-killed by aces who outrank me and who seem to approve of the matter.

In about half a second, all this goes through my mind . . . and I lit HellDawg up.

But I felt guilty about it even as I was doing it.

Then, one of my squad mates dives in at a greater airspeed and lights up HellDawg at the same time. HellDawg's airplane bursts into flames. I figured my teammate had done him in. But the game awarded the kill to me. A few minutes later, I was shot down, bailed out, got into a tank, and was promoted to full Wing Commander.

But it was largely at HellDawg's expense. So it's bittersweet.

HellDawg was pretty ticked, as I said. He called us "Spawn-killing SOBs". Which we were. I stated that it was okay when it happened to me, and that I suspected HellDawg practiced the activity himself. He stated that he does not spawn kill, unless it's to protect the zeppelin.

Then there were some misspelled 4-letter words tossed about. One player got uncomfortable and left the game. Shortly thereafter, HellDawg left the game as well.

It wasn't fun.

So, I apologize to you HellDawg. It was a split-second decision in the heat of the moment with a promotion tempting me like the leg statue tempted Ralphie in "A Christmas Story." If I could take it back, I would. I'm considering it a lesson learned.

In subsequent games this evening, I had ample opportunity to gun down planes sitting on the carrier deck running up for take off. I didn't do it. Better to win or lose in the air than to rack up cheap points off of easy kills.

I suggest we all think about the practice of spawn killing and decide where we stand on the matter. It's a gray area, for there are no penalties for doing it. And perhaps there ought not be; perhaps it ought to remain in the realm of personal choice. Such decisions are the stuff of life and they define who we are.

No hard feelin's, HellDawg.

Blue skies.

CAPTAIN RYAN
WING COMMANDER

I would not worry about it to much Helldwag will forgive you. Now if you were diving in to bomb and a enemy plane shows up on deck and you balst them there is nothing wrong with that if you closing in to bomb because you rather make the choose of them getting up wiping around real quick and killing or having some one mad at you because you shot them on the run way. Now if you were just flying around there base looking for kills to rack up then we got a problem lol if you do it again. But if it is to get a bomb in or to help allow one of your team mates get away from the big fight at the ship or base to go get another bomb or repair and get a bomb then i would not mind it.

Re: Apologies to HellDawg & the 111th 11 years 9 months ago #20857

• Captain Ryan
  • Captain Ryan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 13
Looking forward to it. ;)
Blue Skies.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.589 seconds