Warning

Empty password not allowed.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This section is for squadrons recruiting, events and chats.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

LONE RIDERS 12 years 6 days ago #11590

• veidar2
  • veidar2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 162
Do you see yourself as a LONE RIDER?

- Independant, unpredictable, and dangerous to come up against?

Then add the Lone Rider horse to your profile, just follow the instructions in the second message of this thread!

That's all you need to do, - no strings attached!

Later, if The Lone Rider Squadron becomes a reality, you may want to become a member.

The Lone Rider Squadron is for all those who think along these lines:

"I just want to play the game, and I have no need to be part of a squadron right now. Perhaps when squadron based games start, - if they start, I shall look around for a squadron that suits me".

Here's the idea:

RULES = NO RULES
No special rules apart from that you will normally follow the directions or suggestions given to you by a higher ranking member of your own team in the game.

SQUAD SIGNALS: "OK" or "LR"
If you agree with the directions you are given by a superior officer, you just answer OK. If not, you may answer LR i.e. "LONE RIDER", meaning that you intend to play in the way you decide yourself, and try to help winning in whichever way you see fit.

If you decide to officially join the Lone Rider squadron, you will be part of that squad when squad games start. If you decide later that you'd rather be part of another squad, you may quit and join whichever squad you want.

If you'd like to be an "unofficial" Lone Rider without signing up for a "membership" in the squad, you may do so to, and you're free to use the squad signal "LR" if you don't want to take orders but intend to play the game your own way.

NAME THAT APPEARS ON THE SCREEN
Squadrons today have long names that appear above the rank insignia and clutter up the screen unneccesarily. When formally organized, the Lone Rider squad will have just the two capital letters LR.

I do in no way intend to be the leader of the LONE RIDER squad. I may do some organizing work, but a squad like that with so few rules, really needs no leaders.

In an actual game, the highest ranking player will normally be the leader, or may hand the task over to whom he/she thinks is the best player of the team.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by veidar2.

Re: A "No Squadron" squadron for lone riders? 12 years 6 days ago #11591

• veidar2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
For as long as the Lone Rider project is up and running, and I think of myself as part of it, I'll have the red horse as my signature.

If you don't plan to be part of any squadron you are welcome to use the horse symbol to signal just that.

The link to the picture is:
//lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ow8pFeFZRVA/T2qZ5An5GII/AAAAAAAAAQs/5L_MT79Ot8U/s121/lone+rider+6.png[/img]

To make the link work, you first have to paste all of it into the signature window in your "profile" "edit" menu, and then add [img]https: (complete with the brackets and the colon) to the start of the link.

Re: A "No Squadron" squadron for lone riders? 12 years 6 days ago #11595

• Player BP
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 6
I think that by creating a squadron for those who do not want a squadron is defeating its own purpose. (Try to figure that statement out.) The people who don't want to be part of a squadron, are not already...because they fly without anything...lol. It just seems to defeat its own purpose. I guess if people want to be part of that squadron...well then...they are not true lone riders.
"If at first you don't succeed, it's probably gonna take a while."

"dun DUN! DUN! DUN DUn DUN DUn Dun Dun, dun Dun DUn Dun DUn DUN, DUn Dun DUn Dun." - Top Gun Theme Song

"D'dun dun, dun d' dun dun dun, D'dun dun, dun d' dun dun dun, duuuuuun, D'dun dun, dun d' dun dun dun..." - Danger Zone,...

Re: A "No Squadron" squadron for lone riders? 12 years 6 days ago #11596

• veidar2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I agree with you! :). Most Lone Riders wouldn't even dream of having any extra letters attached to their names when they are playing. They would never write a message in this forum, and wouldn't ever sign up for anything.

* They are the REAL Lone Riders, the "R" members of this squadron, and there are thousands of them!

Others might read my invitation and would like the idea, but wouldn't want to commit themselves.

* They are the UNCOMMITTED members, the "U" members, and there are probably some of them too already!

Others again would want to be members of the SQUADRON, just to be ready when the squadron games start. They are welcome to sign up, to use my ideas and the emblem if they want to.

* They are the "S" members

Finally there might be a few who would like to use the lone rider EMBLEM as their signature, but that would be all.

* They will be the "E" members.

So, using these four letters as an acronym, you may say it's all just a RUSE to get a lot of members in a short time :)

Re: A "No Squadron" squadron for lone riders? 12 years 5 days ago #11640

• veidar2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Remember that if you see yourself as an independant Lone Rider, you are free to use the red horse symbol in your signature line if you want to. No strings attached!

Just follow the steps given in the second message of this thread, and the symbol should appear at the bottom of your messages.

Re: A "No Squadron" squadron for lone riders? 12 years 4 days ago #11733

• Slenderman
  • The [e]nigma Corps
  • Thank you received: 849

Player BP wrote: I think that by creating a squadron for those who do not want a squadron is defeating its own purpose. (Try to figure that statement out.) The people who don't want to be part of a squadron, are not already...because they fly without anything...lol. It just seems to defeat its own purpose. I guess if people want to be part of that squadron...well then...they are not true lone riders.

Hahahah, exactly what I was thinking.

Re: A "No Squadron" squadron for lone riders? 12 years 4 days ago #11788

• veidar2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
You're right, of course, the true Lone Riders are the ones who want to be independant and free from commitments and rules set up by others.

They are top of my list. I call them my R-members. They are already members, even if they don't know it themselves. :)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.743 seconds