TOPIC:

Ranking ? 11 years 7 months ago #46602

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • [LB] Pedrinho's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
  • Thank you received: 2425
This is not exactle a request for support; but I really can't see the logic that is used in the ranking system used in the lower levels. Instead of writing a lot, I will use an example to show what I mean (I need to say that I only choose Bombsquad'a stats randomly, I have nothing to complain about him, I just need to use one of the players that have thisthis "particularity".

Kills: Me, 128; Bombsquad, 58.
Hangars bombed: Me, 25; Bombsquad, 8.
Deads: Me, 278; Bombsquad, 349.
Crashes: Me, 95; Bombsquad, 330.
Won Games: Me, 33; Bombsquad, 31.

As you can see, all five stats of mine are better than Bombsquad's ones. But he is #3 in the list of the 25 best Lieutenant-commanders, and my name is not in that list.
Can someone explain me how the order is calculated?
I insist: It is nothing personal against Bombsquad, and I am not upset by not having my name listed. I just think that there is something wrong with the algorythm used by the database programmers...

I took the RED PILL!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Ranking ? 11 years 7 months ago #46607

• BStrachan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 650

B) this game goes by points . He may play a lot of zep. Games then there's other ways to get points :huh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Makaela

Ranking ? 11 years 7 months ago #46616

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Thank you received: 2736
It's very possible bomb didn't loose any point's on his deaths and you did. If you shoot someone down you get points, get shot down you loose those point's. To keep those point's you have to parachute to the ground. If you make it to the ground your point's are reset to before you were shot down. There are way's to save point's, like landing and setting brake. Pay attention on how you make points, loose points and save points

ohhhh also like B said above. :)

Last edit: by Dentinhead.

Ranking ? 11 years 7 months ago #46618

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
I understood you and B. But, if Bombsquad (and many other players) earned more points than me to justify his better position on the table, this points should be shown on that table for clearness sake... (hope you understand my point now, my English really sucks).
It's all about giving the table some logic, some sense...

I took the RED PILL!

Last edit: by [LB] Pedrinho.

Ranking ? 11 years 7 months ago #46626

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I understand. :) Point's tracking would be tough I think. Point's go up and down...Remember you can loose point's also....The computer whatcha makallit would be extremely busy keeping track of point's as apposed to kills, deaths, crashes and such they only go up....Point's can fluctuate up or down. :)

Your english is very good. :)

Last edit: by Dentinhead.

Ranking ? 11 years 7 months ago #46629

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866
Additionally, I think the developer Joaquin didn't want players to focus so heavily on ranks and points, otherwise we might "game the game" instead of just playing and enjoying. It was only at our request that he posted a rankings page. But notice that he has never posted the exact points formula, although as others have stated, you can deduce much of it by watching yoy r own points based on what you do. Getting shot down before landing/braking definitely gets you nowhere in points; rather, killing enemies and then (eventually) returning to base to reload definitely helps. Kill Zeppelin does help too, once the engines are disabled.

Manfred
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr., [LB] Pedrinho

Last edit: by Manfred.

Ranking ? 11 years 7 months ago #46630

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 6460
Don't worry about rankings too much. Play a lot and you'll advance. Look at my numbers compared to others in my rank and you'll see what I mean.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [LB] Pedrinho

Last edit: by Paul Mantz, Jr..

Ranking ? 11 years 7 months ago #46636

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
My death rate was way way way higher than my kill rate well into the top 100 list. I was one of the few who had Higher death to kill ratio (I mean way high). If you look you will see a few other's.... Make's the game more interesting... Fair? Definitely!!!!!!!!!

Ranking ? 11 years 7 months ago #46686

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!

Paul Mantz, Jr. wrote: Don't worry about rankings too much. Play a lot and you'll advance. Look at my numbers compared to others in my rank and you'll see what I mean.

Paul, I don't care about ranking, really! Believe me:I don't give a piece of banana for reading my name on this or on that list.
The point here is that, as Manfred already knows by my mathematic riddles, I am a "Math Freak", and I get nightmares when I see something that is not mathematic-logical. By the way, his name is not MAnfred; is "Mathfred!" ;-)
I just got furious when I see some numbers that doesn't make sense, that's the reason I posted this thread.
I was just curious, and asked if someone else knew the reason for this issue. But it was already stated that Z have some "secrets", so case closed.

Edit: Hey, Paul, I did what you suggested, and found out that you are only level 5 - is that you????? Or that "Paul Mantz" is your father? lol
If that Paul is you, I see that you prefer posting than flying, huh?

I took the RED PILL!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr.

Last edit: by [LB] Pedrinho.

Ranking ? 11 years 7 months ago #46691

• [e]Sputnik
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Mt. Everest is my home.
  • Thank you received: 863
Yeah it's based on points.
I
Really wished it was based on kill and crashes.

Say you'll never let me go...
A wise sput once said "you laugh at my skills I laugh at your bank account"

Ranking ? 11 years 7 months ago #46692

• Paul Mantz, Jr.
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 6460

Pedrinho wrote:
Edit: Hey, Paul, I did what you suggested, and found out that you are only level 5 - is that you????? Or that "Paul Mantz" is your father? lol
If that Paul is you, I see that you prefer posting than flying, huh?

Try Paul*MOM*antz. Still having trouble flying after surgery.

I tried to figure out the math riddles and flew inverted for 2 days! You guys are smart!

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dentinhead

Last edit: by Paul Mantz, Jr..

Ranking ? 11 years 7 months ago #46771

• [NLR]Jacob10000
  • Thank you received: 1711
Top #ranks are based on points alone. Kills, deaths, crashes, hangars bombed, and games won don't affect top number. You may have noticed that on the to 25 of each rank you move up the list as you gain points for example my current rank is III Brigadier General and it takes 31,270 points to reach the next level I'm currently #14 in the top 25 of my rank and I have 24,573/31,270 points so that means that numbers 1-13 of the top 25 III Brigadier Generals have over 24,573 points. Right before you reach the required points to level up you will be #1 in the top 25 of you current rank unless somebody else happens to be slightly closer like if I had 31,268/31,270 and another player had 31,269/31,270 then I would probably level up before reaching #1.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Mantz, Jr., [LB] Pedrinho

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.492 seconds