A Pilot with no name and no color?? 11 years 8 months ago #43791

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • [LB] Pedrinho's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
  • Thank you received: 2425
Hey, guys,

One hour ago I was in a "bomb the airport" session, when I saw a pilot with no name! So, I wasn't able to tell if he was a "blue" pilot or a "red" one - the only thing that was visible was that tinny yellow marks indicating his rank.

As my poor dumb mind is "programmed" to shoot anything that moves except what is in blue color, I shot before and thought after. I only went aware of his name when the game showed the message saying that "<<R>> was shot by Pedrinho". And after I saw on my screen a scary message saying that "I can be banned for killing teammates", I immediately made my apologies, and sent a message explaining the circumstances, trying to apologize to <<R>>.

Unfortunately, my apologies was not accepted, and the pilot in question shot me some minutes after (an he certainly was able to read my blue name on screen). He even wrote a message calling me "a traitor"!!

I am not here to cry for being shot by a teammate; I just told this little history to ask if the "invisible name" was a bug or if this kind of unusual names can be used ingame for "invisibility purposes".
I personally think that, if this isn't a bug, it isn't fairplay... But as a noob, I want to hear from the aces and from the moderators what's the matter.

I took the RED PILL!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

A Pilot with no name and no color?? 11 years 8 months ago #43794

• Dentinhead
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Don't ask me, I don't know
  • Thank you received: 2736
I am positive this is Richport. I don't know why He/she chose to go no name. Richport is actually very good and would be more respected if the name showed back up. I was in a game with <<R>> today also and he was on my team. I chose to leave because It's not fair. I was doing well in the game but it made me feel like I was cheating as the red team had to focus extra hard on him.
I tried to talk to him but he was very short with conversation. I will say I like Richport. He used to talk to me a bit more than today.
I apologise for Richport and please take the traitor remark lightly. You didn't do anything wrong.

The Ban only take's effect after shooting 3 teammates down and it only lasts 5 minutes. It's happened to me :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*, [LB] Pedrinho

Last edit: by Dentinhead.

A Pilot with no name and no color?? 11 years 8 months ago #43799

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
Thanks for the explanation about banning, dentinhead.
But Zuper could make some fix to prevent pilots from using this kind of trick... I'll send a private message to him, but as he is a very busy man, I think that if you people help me on this request, we'll have better chances to fix this issue...
(Sorry my bad English)

I took the RED PILL!

A Pilot with no name and no color?? 11 years 8 months ago #43809

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
Looks like your first noname, Ped. ;) They're common annoyances. My advice is to look at the list of players while you're taking off, and see if there are any nonames, and take note of which team they're on.

Yeah, Rich shouldn't need a noname. He was a good pilot.

He's very aware of the issue, and he's fixed it... Some. At one point, there were only a few, and they all used # for their name. Now that doesn't work, it shows up. So, he's working on it.
See you in the skies!

A Pilot with no name and no color?? 11 years 8 months ago #43815

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
And the opposite is also problematic: players with very looooong names: when they're grouped in 3 or 4 planes on the sky, the screen became a total mess!

And yeah, I will took your suggestion - but when I see a noname in the list, I'll quit the session. It isn't fairplay. This trick should be included in the rules, it should be "punishable" (does this word exists?)

I took the RED PILL!

Last edit: by [LB] Pedrinho.

A Pilot with no name and no color?? 11 years 8 months ago #43816

• BStrachan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 650

B) Dudes a total loser I hate that guy :angry:
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*

A Pilot with no name and no color?? 11 years 8 months ago #43820

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!

B Strachan wrote: B) Dudes a total loser I hate that guy :angry:

Please, don't hate anyone - at least not in my thread... hhahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Seriously: I am not complaining about (or against) this or that pilot in particular. It's nothing personal. Maybe <<R>> is a good person, who knows? As Dentinhead said, Rich (I presume is him) is a good fellow. Who dares to judge him? No room for "hating" here, it's just a game after all!!!
I am only registering my opinion about some improvements I think would be welcome to improve the fairplay aspects of ingame.

Edit: Hey Strachan, could you stop exploding my planes??? Choose another easy target! I am tired of parachuting!!! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

I took the RED PILL!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*, Paul Mantz, Jr.

Last edit: by [LB] Pedrinho.

A Pilot with no name and no color?? 11 years 8 months ago #43877

• [e]Sputnik
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Mt. Everest is my home.
  • Thank you received: 863

Pedrinho wrote: Hey, guys,

One hour ago I was in a "bomb the airport" session, when I saw a pilot with no name! So, I wasn't able to tell if he was a "blue" pilot or a "red" one - the only thing that was visible was that tinny yellow marks indicating his rank.

As my poor dumb mind is "programmed" to shoot anything that moves except what is in blue color, I shot before and thought after. I only went aware of his name when the game showed the message saying that "<<R>> was shot by Pedrinho". And after I saw on my screen a scary message saying that "I can be banned for killing teammates", I immediately made my apologies, and sent a message explaining the circumstances, trying to apologize to <<R>>.

Unfortunately, my apologies was not accepted, and the pilot in question shot me some minutes after (an he certainly was able to read my blue name on screen). He even wrote a message calling me "a traitor"!!

I am not here to cry for being shot by a teammate; I just told this little history to ask if the "invisible name" was a bug or if this kind of unusual names can be used ingame for "invisibility purposes".
I personally think that, if this isn't a bug, it isn't fairplay... But as a noob, I want to hear from the aces and from the moderators what's the matter.

Don't worry.
It's just that there idoit for no names

Say you'll never let me go...
A wise sput once said "you laugh at my skills I laugh at your bank account"
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*

A Pilot with no name and no color?? 11 years 8 months ago #43878

• Lloyd
  • Thank you received: 6
I would think that the same programming code could be used for names as is used sometimes with passwords; if a name doesn't meet certain criteria, thenit shouldn't be accepted. For example, a minimum number of characters, and not more than one space between them.

Personally, I've stopped playing in games when 'no names' appear at the start (I'll stay, out of loyalty to my team and to keep the balance between the teams if the game is already underway).

I would suggest we all do this - but make it clear why your leaving, so that everyone knows why you're leaving.

Just a few thoughts/ideas, but basically it comes down to fairness, and 'no names' certainly have an ( in my opinion) unfair advantage.

Cheers!

BaronVonSalzburg
The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR]*XxXxX*, Flying muck

A Pilot with no name and no color?? 11 years 8 months ago #43895

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Don't ever quit because of anything unfair. You'll learn better.
See you in the skies!
The following user(s) said Thank You: [LB] Pedrinho

A Pilot with no name and no color?? 11 years 8 months ago #43936

• [NLR]*XxXxX*
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 594

Let's do, let's all quit the game and go to another game. One without cheaters.

A Pilot with no name and no color?? 11 years 8 months ago #43937

• Flying muck
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2749
Maybe we should all change our names to become invisible, that would really screw them up, I'm seriously thinking of doing it.

A Pilot with no name and no color?? 11 years 8 months ago #43939

• |111th|Kevy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1028
I think this could be a case of age discrimination :lol: :silly: my poor old eyes!

A Pilot with no name and no color?? 11 years 8 months ago #43943

• Hy flyer
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Keep climbing.
  • Thank you received: 39
During ww1 there were no arrows/names with ranks on top they had to relie on their eyes and ears
Who ever dislikes you gets payback by something else.
My planes bullet proof.;)
Hy FLYER
the talking banana light
im always beyond the clouds or way over my head
;D

Once upon a time knights of the sky's were hey! But on a beautiful day we dueled and fell now red poppies cover our graves in Flanders...

A Pilot with no name and no color?? 11 years 8 months ago #43946

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!

Hy flyer wrote: During ww1 there were no arrows/names with ranks on top they had to relie on their eyes and ears

Yeah, but they had "full 3d ultrahigh res screens" in front of their eyes, with 360 degrees of vision and a sound environment way better than what is on my smartphone... ;-)

I took the RED PILL!
The following user(s) said Thank You: BStrachan, |111th|Kevy

A Pilot with no name and no color?? 11 years 8 months ago #43947

• [e]Sputnik
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Mt. Everest is my home.
  • Thank you received: 863

Pedrinho wrote:

Hy flyer wrote: During ww1 there were no arrows/names with ranks on top they had to relie on their eyes and ears

Yeah, but they had "full 3d ultrahigh res screens" in front of their eyes, with 360 degrees of vision and a sound environment way better than what is on my smartphone... ;-)

Lol

Say you'll never let me go...
A wise sput once said "you laugh at my skills I laugh at your bank account"

A Pilot with no name and no color?? 11 years 8 months ago #43950

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866
Unless I am in a hurry or don't have much time left, I often leave a game if the noname is on MY team. I agree with Calvin about the challenge of playing against nonames, although for me that applies mostly to non-tank games (nonames are extremely advantaged as tanks!). Anyway, I've left games citing that I won't play WITH a cheater. If they are on the opposite team, I'll play, and as long as there aren't bullets flying I typically ask them to change to a visible name. A couple weeks ago, there was a noname who started arguing back, and finally said something about being a girl (as if that provides some disadvantage?). I gave up on hassling her and played on. She played pretty well but was clearly harder to see in a turning fight for me and others.

Oh, and yes this could be addressed by programming, but we haven't seen much of Joaquim lately and I suspect that this change won't be added for a long time.

Manfred

A Pilot with no name and no color?? 11 years 8 months ago #43953

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
Very good point, Manfred! (and Calvin's too)
Karma+ for both!

I took the RED PILL!
The following user(s) said Thank You: CalvinIsAwesome

A Pilot with no name and no color?? 11 years 8 months ago #43978

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
You can only affect one person's karma every six hours. I think I got the karma here, but I think Manfred deserves it more. I'll give him one. ;)

It's stupid, the way girls act with regards to their gender. If you make a remark that implies that they're in some way inferior, MOST (I don't want to condemn all girls.) will get offended. Not that I blame them, I don't like it when a girl says all guys are stupid, either. What I don't like is when they say how they (Again, some, not all) want completely equal rights between the sexes, but they still hold the "You can't hit me, I'm a girl!" thing over your head. I would never hit a girl, of course, no real man hits a girl; I just find it obnoxious to bring up. Or when they use being a girl as an excuse, like in your case, Manfred. That girl saying she needed the advantage because she's a girl is idiotic.

Rant over.

Anyway, I agree with your moral point of not playing WITH a cheater. I'd teamkill a teamkiller or spawnkiller, what's your standpoint on teamkilling a noname who's obnoxious about it? If The game isn't full, I'd try to switch teams, but if it's full, I may lose the game.

Yeah, with regards to Joaquin, is he just taking a well deserved rest, or just letting you, Slender, and the undercover mods patrol the forum and game for him?
See you in the skies!

A Pilot with no name and no color?? 11 years 8 months ago #43996

• Manfred
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just Manfred
  • Thank you received: 3866
Naw, I just leave when there's a noname on my side. Or if I haven't already run into them, I leave after I try to get them to agree to change their name to something visible. I figure if I (and maybe others, hint for all of you) won't play with them, then they might find themselves undefended and losing games.

With limited game time, I'd rather not invest too much time on nonames. The only time I resort to teamkilling is for: (1) unrepentent teamkillers or wrong side bombers and (2) unrepentent inappropriate names. And I wouldn't have to do that, if my in-game moderator commands worked! Yeah, old story.

Why am I still awake? I just finished work. Hmm, maybe I'll check out who's playing.

Manfred

A Pilot with no name and no color?? 11 years 7 months ago #44040

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!
Yeah, I was aware of the six-hours rule... I only gave you the karma point first, because you posted first. I was waiting for giving Manfred a point too. Thanks anyway.

I took the RED PILL!

A Pilot with no name and no color?? 11 years 7 months ago #44041

• SheiBe Kopf
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 744

WWI ended, what...... Oh yeah, 6 months before the first Nintendo game came out...

A Pilot with no name and no color?? 11 years 7 months ago #44052

• GMoney
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 286
Offset names are also cheaters, makes it tough to aim initially and sometimes too late by the time they fire on you.
In game name:|111th| GMoney

falcon.spruz.com

A Pilot with no name and no color?? 11 years 7 months ago #44063

• Dawsonn57
  • Thank you received: 49

ahh no names....dont worry bout em....just have fun :side:

Last edit: by Dawsonn57.

A Pilot with no name and no color?? 11 years 7 months ago #44069

• KTtheo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 297

Dawsonn57 wrote:

ahh no names....dont worry bout em....just have fun :side:

well said dawsonn.
i wasnt going to get involved with this but when i first started no names i use to dread
didn't see them coming if they were in a tank near on impossible to find them.
BUT as you play the game more and more the challenge of hitting the no name becomes fun.
once you get them once the more you will get.
even though people don't like the NO NAME the challenge will make you a better pilot.
Pedrinho enjoy the game bud and enjoy the challenge of killing the nonames.

A Pilot with no name and no color?? 11 years 7 months ago #44071

• [LB] Pedrinho
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • I took the RED PILL!

ktheo wrote: Pedrinho enjoy the game bud and enjoy the challenge of killing the nonames.

As I said in a previous post on this thread, I already accepted this suggestion, and I'll face no name enemies; but (copying Manfred's honorable behavior), I will quit the session everytime I notice a no name on MY team.

I took the RED PILL!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.596 seconds