TOPIC:

Which Plane? 11 years 10 months ago #22140

• Oedius Momicus
  • Oedius    Momicus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • MOLON LABE!
  • Thank you received: 346
I am currently Lieutenant (6) and just about to advance to (7) and was wondering if there would be any advantage to buying the Nieport XVII which will be available at that rank. I noticed that the guns have 4 stars which I am not sure just how much better that would be. Or should I just wait until I can get an SE5A or Albatross DV? I know each plane is said to have their own particular advantages & disadvantages.
I even like flying the Fokker EIII sometimes just for a change. I love the Spad but, like some other folks, am having hell with the fire & bomb buttons sometimes not working. I will try some of the suggestions to try and fix that problem though.

Thanks,
Steve

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Which Plane? 11 years 10 months ago #22142

• MaD!
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 915
Hey oedius, the nieport is a good plane, its what I use (havent got an se5 yet lol) it is faster, turns better, the guns do make a difference yes and it seems more stable in flight. I would say go for it.

Re: Which Plane? 11 years 10 months ago #22161

• Oedius Momicus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • MOLON LABE!
Thank you. Hey, I moved up rank just a while ago and did try out Nieport. I do like it. Also, the Albatross DIII is available to me now. Would that be worth while or not really since I now the Nieport? One of the things I see is maybe the Albatross'darker color might help in some situation.

Last edit: by Oedius Momicus.

Re: Which Plane? 11 years 10 months ago #22185

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Fly [e]nigma, or I won't let you fly.
  • Thank you received: 963
Yeah, buy the albatross. Theres two teams, german and allied, as you know, and you want the nuiport and the albatross so ur okay on both. However, at rank six, youll actually get better faster in the planes that you SHOULD be in, the spad and the red fokker. Or, i use the camel and brown fokker sometimes, and so do plenty of aces. Use the lower planes, thats my advice. Not paying for the credits is good for you.
See you in the skies!

Re: Which Plane? 11 years 10 months ago #22253

• Oedius Momicus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • MOLON LABE!
Thank you Calvin. I will take your advice. I tried using the brown Fokker today just for a very short time (here at my job :whistle: ) and actually got a hit with it. And, I must be one of the worst marksman on dogfight. Now, if I can just get the glitchy fire & bomb buttons solved.

Steve

Re: Which Plane? 11 years 10 months ago #22286

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Great! Trust me, earning the credits makes you be to the point where you cant get any better in the plane you have. :) You wouldnt give someone a ferarri their first time driving, so theres no reason to fly planes that some aces dont have yet when you cant get a kill effeciently. ;) :)

See ya in the skies! :)
See you in the skies!

Re: Which Plane? 11 years 10 months ago #22986

• yamann
  • Thank you received: 1
There is no best plane though there are a lot of people who contend with the same thing that they like most about it.

I think that it would greatly be affected by how comfortable you could get with it though the options concerning how you are going to make them work properly.

Hopefully you will be able to sort things out.

Re: Which Plane? 11 years 10 months ago #22991

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Options? Your options consist of sensitivity, which almost everyone has set full. Besides that, you just hit okay and go.
See you in the skies!

Re: Which Plane? 11 years 10 months ago #23497

• Oedius Momicus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • MOLON LABE!

CalvinIsAwesome wrote: Options? Your options consist of sensitivity, which almost everyone has set full. Besides that, you just hit okay and go.

Yes, I have been trying to cencentrate on that very thing you just mentioned. Hopefully, I will eventually be able to get a device that is smoother & less glitchy to use. I know I am not the only one having to work through these "challenges". :unsure:

Re: Which Plane? 11 years 10 months ago #23499

• [e]FlyMagic
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • DECEASED
  • Thank you received: 154
Turn OFF all extra graphics. Get app to close running apps. I use Easy Task Manager. Hope this helps someone.

Re: Which Plane? 11 years 10 months ago #23500

• Oedius Momicus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • MOLON LABE!

yamann wrote: There is no best plane though there are a lot of people who contend with the same thing that they like most about it.

I think that it would greatly be affected by how comfortable you could get with it though the options concerning how you are going to make them work properly.

Thanks, I have noticed what a difference it makes in my ability to relaxe & concentrate during game play. Just like anything else I suppose. I never cease to amazed by the challenges of this game.

Re: Which Plane? 11 years 10 months ago #23501

• Oedius Momicus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • MOLON LABE!

[e]FlyMagic wrote: Turn OFF all extra graphics. Get app to close running apps. I use Easy Task Manager. Hope this helps someone.

Yes, you are so right about that! I forgot to mention that last weekend I deleted all widgets on my home page. And, I used built in task manager to stop all apps except only what I felt were absolutely necessary. I do this regularly now. Also, check "manage apps" and delete all caches. I was even told by Verizon guy that it is best to always leave at least half of memory free.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [e]FlyMagic

Re: Which Plane? 11 years 10 months ago #23506

• SkyDavis
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • 111th Falcon squad
  • Thank you received: 836

oedius wrote:

yamann wrote: There is no best plane though there are a lot of people who contend with the same thing that they like most about it.

Thanks, I have noticed what a difference it makes in my ability to relaxe & concentrate during game play. Just like anything else I suppose. I never cease to amazed by the challenges of this game.

Yep i would buy every plane as you go along if you have erred the credits for them and try them out and see how you like them. I fly much better in a camel and brown triplane than i do in the n17 and the albatross d III and any of the other planes besides the se5a and albatross D.V.A. So hoe well you do in the game depends on how you do with the plane and if you like the way it flys. I hated the albatross d III and the n17 because they were fast but could not turn as quick so it mad me easy prey to the aces. On the other hand with the camel and brown triplane with its low speeds i could aim better and in a turn fight if they got on my tail i could just do a weve or some fancy maneuver and they would zip right on by me going to fast to follow me and i could point my guns into them and make them hate getting to close to me. So if you start doing really bad in the n17 and the albatross D III go back to beginner planes and give them a try. Also if you got the lie that beginner planes suck and are slow and are too easy of a target in your head i would advise you to beat it out of your brain because the beginner plane is deadly as hell if you know how to handle the thing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: [e]FlyMagic

Re: Which Plane? 11 years 10 months ago #23511

• Oedius Momicus
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • MOLON LABE!
Yes, this is something else that I have learned through hard experience. I too easily get overwhelmed with the faster planes, at least for right now. I have so very much work to do on my horrible marksmanship. This would best be served by staying with the slower planes for now. Every so often I can take one the faster planes just to see what it feels like.

Re: Which Plane? 11 years 10 months ago #23645

• CalvinIsAwesome
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Being a bad shot is just a phase. We all dealt with it.
See you in the skies!

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.320 seconds