TOPIC:

Memorial Tribute to Michael, Now Underway 9 years 10 months ago #181455

• Wigbomb
  • Wigbomb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Flarf
  • Thank you received: 5075
Welcome to Dogfight's Memorial Tribute to our fallen comrade, MORAF, Moderator and irreplacable friend, Michael Stanley. Please review the below re-post and join us in celebrating one of our community's most dedicated and most greatly missed members...
___

This Thursday, Friday and Saturday, May 1st, 2nd and 3rd please join in paying tribute to one of Dogfight's best loved players and most respected people.

Michael Stanley, better known in Dogfight as one of the LegendofKane brothers among many other names, passed away last week. He leaves a void in our community that will not be filled.

To celebrate Michael's life and the humor, good will and camaraderie he brought to us I invite everyone to devote as much or as little time as you choose during this three day memorial event to playing the game as Michael played it. He was an exceptional player but his favorite tactic was dive bombing. No hangar was safe with Michael around. In that spirit, here's what I suggest:

Go high. On every run.

Dive bomb hangars, carriers, planes, the bridge, the village, your sister, anything and everything. Take turns bombing each other. Invert your plane and bomb yourself.

Shoot opposing dive bombers when you pass at altitude, or not. Your choice.

Change your name to something either drawn from one of Michael's names - BigPoppaSmurf, LegendofKane, TheChameleon, TheEconomy, T.A.S.K. - or something funny of your own, as he would have done.

Light up the screen with "Hangar bombed by..." "Carrier bombed by..." "Sister bombed by..."

You may declare yourself "Paying tribute to Michael" or just haul off and do what you like. Again, whether you shoot, whether you dive bomb on one run or a hundred, whether you change names, it's all up to you. Michael had a strong sense of connectedness with us all but he also reveled in individualism. He would applaud whatever you choose to do in his memory.

I'll be dive bombing almost exclusively throughout all three days, I and Michael's other fellow M.O.M members will welcome your company. Even if you're shooting at us.

Above all, do what you can to ensure that your fellow players have fun. It's what Michael did best, and he did it better than anyone.

I look forward to seeing (and bombing) you. Please spread the word.

--w--

Wigipedia
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oedius Momicus, Jetmaroo, GreyGhost, Gizmo., [*M] bware, KA5EY, [*M]VonHuLK, Frank Baracca, ZebraUp, MaDtotheMoM and 5 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Wigbomb.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.502 seconds