TOPIC:

Dogfight 4.4.40 released! 10 years 5 months ago #140947

• zuperman
  • zuperman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142
Hi there,

This has been an odd update since I was expecting to have it together with the Windows 8 update... in reality it is more in between 4.4.40 and .41. The changes are small:

Microsoft helped us with a whole bunch of servers on their Microsoft Azure platform. The guys at Microsoft have been great supporting us with all kind of tech stuff. This means we've got more servers with more memory and faster connections.

This update contains some minor fixes, but the most obvious addition is that you will see a new zone on multiplayer: Masurian Lakes
All zone names are picked from historical WWI battles, if you are curious: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Masurian_Lakes

Masurian Lakes zone servers are physically located at East Asia. They may or not be faster to you depending on how heavily used the other zones are, but it has one clear advantage as of right now: only people with the last update can access it, so... windows 8 cannot log in so... there are no ghosts in there :)

Depending on your preferences and how fast your connection with Masurian Lakes is, you may want to give it a try.

The update should be available in Android in a few hours.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bellsaj, beatea, GreyGhost, [e]hammer_tool, Whosethisguy, |111th| John II, [*M]bhfoust, [*M]SnakePlissken, yose[M]ite, Worcester_Sauce and 2 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by zuperman.

Dogfight 4.4.40 released! 10 years 5 months ago #141301

• --J--
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839
I just got a 4.4.40 update on my iPad. If this is the same one released to the android devises it must be a record for shortest wait for us apple users.

If you build it, I will come.......and bomb it !!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.364 seconds