TOPIC:

Expected down time on Tuesday, May 7 to Wednesday 10 years 10 months ago #94633

• zuperman
  • zuperman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13138
Hi there,

I've just got an email from Xeround, the company where we host our database for Dogfight. Xeround decided to drop that line of business, meaning we have to move the whole database to a different system. They will shut down the servers in two weeks, so we have to schedule a migration to a new provider asap.

We decided to pick the day/hours with the lowest game play, which is usually on Tuesday night. So at that point, on Tuesday May 7, we will close Dogfight for what we expect to be 1 hour and then hopefully show up on the other side unscratched.

This ritual is always scary, we will make the usual backups and all. The "coma" should not be too long. Meanwhile, the forum will not stop functioning because we have that database on a different provider, so we can keep ourselves up to date in here while the migration takes place. I will announce when I begin work on the migration on here and the gossip section.

Now back to searching for an affordable and fast provider...

oh, almost forgot, help us with budget, help Dogfight Elite :)
www.kickstarter.com/projects/echoboomapps/dogfight-elite

edited: the follow an open thread for this, go to dogfightplay.com/index.php/forum/2-gossi...y-may-7-to-wednesday
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manfred, [NLR]*XxXxX*, beatea, [NLR]Jacob10000, Paul Mantz, Jr., Throttle, yakuza, Whosethisguy, Richyroo, [M*]JÄCK BÜRTÖN1 and 2 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by zuperman.

Expected down time on Tuesday, May 7 to Wednesday 10 years 10 months ago #95404

• zuperman
  • zuperman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13138
I'm already working on the migration.
You can follow it here:
dogfightplay.com/index.php/forum/2-gossi...y-may-7-to-wednesday

Please Log in to join the conversation.