• Page:

TOPIC:

Getting empty rooms, question 2 years 3 months ago #384477

• Buddah4Q
  • Buddah4Q's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 129
Seems having some trouble getting empty rooms,  both ww1 and ww2. Low ranks in game or high ranks game, same results. . Maybe after update this is fixed. Would be great to be able to fly with squad mates.  
 Maybe in future an option to enter games together on same team could be possible. I know alot of squads will want that. Its the reason we started our squad , to fly together, and we haven't been able to since. Thank you very much for your time and feedback. 

The following user(s) said Thank You: Pegoud

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Getting empty rooms, question 2 years 3 months ago #384481

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142
I already replied to you in the chat. This is fixed in 1.2.0 but I can't release that update until all stores approve it. And Apple is taking its sweet time due to the holidays.
Until then, it's luck. I've played a lot of full rooms lately, and sometimes I can't get anyone.

Last edit: by zuperman.

Getting empty rooms, question 2 years 3 months ago #384484

• Buddah4Q
  • Buddah4Q's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 129
Oh I understand now. I didn't realize everyone was waiting for apple. No worries. Thanks again. 

Getting empty rooms, question 2 years 3 months ago #384494

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142
Yep, the way it works is that I submit the update to every store: Oculus, Amazon, Microsoft, Google, Steam and Apple.

Oculus, Steam and Google:
Most stores approve the update immediately and they go live worldwide in minutes or a few hours.

Amazon and Microsoft:
It gets approved and released usually in 5 to 7 hours. Sometimes 1 day, but it's odd.

Apple:
Well... I've got updates approved in 2 hours. But the average is 4 to 7 days. And during the Christmas season (peak season) it's almost 15 days.

Why can't just release to stores and everyone gets it whenever is available?
I can for most updates. For minor fixes it's no an issue that every platform has a different version. But for major updates I can't do that because people would turn invisible or get crashes. As an example, I've just added a machine gun on the rooftop of the carrier. If a player with the updates goes there and jumps into the machine gun, the people who don't have the update get disconnected because the game has no clue what's going on. If someone figures this out, they would just go to the machine gun to win the game disconnecting everyone. This is a simple example.

So the situation right now is that every store has the update waiting for me to press the "release" button. With the exception of Apple, where I'm the one waiting for them to approve the release.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nebular, Pegoud

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.428 seconds