Chat translator. 3 years 9 months ago #380935

• V.Huntress War
  • V.Huntress War's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • (°-°)
  • Thank you received: 1369
Hi,

could be posssible add the option of disable or anable the chat translator?

★★★★

The following user(s) said Thank You: Paco Zorapel, Sikorsky

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by V.Huntress War.

Chat translator. 3 years 9 months ago #380936

• Paco Zorapel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Paco the Taco :D
  • Thank you received: 288
Lol I was going to make a thread about this. My request was (apart from adding the option to disable it) to add more than a single language to it, because I talk Spanish and English, but I can only have the translator in English or Spanish, so I have to change it depending on who I talk to. If I added to my translator English + Spanish, I wouldn't have this problems.

Although, there is a little problem. DFE doesn't use a regular translator. For example, if I have the game in English, and I talk in Spanish, all people with the game in English would see what I wrote without being translated, but if they have it in Portuguese, they would read it in Portuguese, if my theory is correct. This would make that change a little harder.

Lol yo también quería hacer un nuevo hilo hablando de esto. Aparte de lo de deshabilitarlo, que es una buena idea, yo quería que se pudiese añadir más de un idioma al traductor, para que haya dos (o más) idiomas que no me traduzca. Así no me haría falta cambiar el idioma dependiendo de con quién hable, si con un miembro de un escuadrón internacional como WP, o con un hispanoparlante como un Ñ, porque añadiría inglés + español al juego y ya estaría.

Claro que, el traductor funciona según el idioma del juego, no es un traductor normal (por ejemplo, sí yo escribo en castellano con el juego en inglés, todos los que lo tengan en ese idioma verán lo que he escrito, sin traducir; pero si tienen el juego en portugués lo verán en portugués, si no me equivoco), así que puede que este cambio no sea del todo fácil.
Thanks to [Ñ] THE BLACK DRAGONS and Montymor for accepting me in such a big family. ¡Volar con honor, no rendirse jamás!
The following user(s) said Thank You: V.Huntress War, dognamitt, Sikorsky

Chat translator. 3 years 9 months ago #380937

• V.Huntress War
  • V.Huntress War's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • (°-°)
  • Thank you received: 1369

Paco Zorapel wrote: ... yo quería que se pudiese añadir más de un idioma al traductor, para que haya dos (o más) idiomas que no me traduzca. Así no me haría falta cambiar el idioma dependiendo de con quién hable, si con un miembro de un escuadrón internacional como WP, o con un hispanoparlante como un Ñ, porque añadiría inglés + español al juego y ya estaría.

Excelente idea, Paco!

★★★★

The following user(s) said Thank You: Paco Zorapel

Last edit: by V.Huntress War.

Chat translator. 3 years 9 months ago #380946

• Sikorsky
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Touch the sky with glory!
  • Thank you received: 523
Yep, I’d really like a chat translator so I can communicate with others easily without having to either learn a language or set up a over engineered translation thingy ( or language lessons with DFE players )

File Attachment:

File Name:
File Size: 0 KB

​​​​​​​

File Attachment:

File Name:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Juan Marni

Chat translator. 3 years 9 months ago #380960

• Juan Marni
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Hey!
  • Thank you received: 407

Sikorsky wrote: Yep, I’d really like a chat translator so I can communicate with others easily without having to either learn a language or set up a over engineered translation thingy ( or language lessons with DFE players )

There's actually one... For example, if I have game in Spanish and you have it in English, the translator will work and you'll see what I wrote, but in English.

However,vas Paco said, because a lot of players have it in English despite they talk in Spanish (for example, me), if I wrote in Spanish you'll see it also in that language, because game thinks that I'm talking in English and there's no need of translating again to the same language.

I'm with Vanessa, having the option to disable translations may be nice.
No necesitas el mejor avión para ser el mejor piloto.

La esperanza es lo último que se pierde. Seguimos a la espera...
The following user(s) said Thank You: V.Huntress War, Pegoud, Paco Zorapel

Chat translator. 3 years 9 months ago #380961

• Sikorsky
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Touch the sky with glory!
  • Thank you received: 523
No, I want the translator cuz if you’re planning strategies in teamchat, the language barriers will cause confusion. Also, you need to know what others say as it could be important. I mean ya could disable the translator for “secret” communication tho.

File Attachment:

File Name:

​​​​​​​

File Attachment:

File Name:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Paco Zorapel

Last edit: by Sikorsky.

Chat translator. 3 years 7 months ago #381368

• Gannet
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4447
There's a chat TRANSLATOR ?
Awesome.
How do I enable it?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paco Zorapel, Sikorsky

Chat translator. 3 years 7 months ago #381532

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13142
it's been enabled by default for months already... that's why sometimes you get some really funny translations
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gannet, Paco Zorapel, Sikorsky, paras reddy

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.383 seconds