Zuperman female fighter aces for DF Elite. 6 years 3 weeks ago #370330

• Acegirl
  • Acegirl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • i'm not bad. i'm just drawn that way
  • Thank you received: 9804
Salute Joaquin Zuperman.
Last Friday u said in game that u were not able to create a female pilot for the game because there was no famous combat women pilots in ww2. I told u I will look it up, and I did find a few of these brave heroes that gave blood and sacrifice for their country fighting in the skies. This is an article of this brave aces that is you read it carefully will show u as it did 2 me that there were women combat pilots and they did it in their WW1 planes taking on the WW2 planes just like in your game. So yes, the people that critic the mix planes in the game; well there is truth to zuperman madness. in 1942 the Soviet Union formed three regiments of women combat pilots who flew night combat missions and were so successful and deadly the Germans feared them, calling them "Nachthexen" - night witches. Lydia Litvak, the "White Rose of Stalingrad" (she is sometimes referred to as the "White Lilly") and Yekaterina Vasylievna Budanova, also known as Katya Budanova, were fighter pilots in the Soviet Air Force during World War II. Lydia with 12 solo victories and Katya with 11 are two of the world's best female fighter aces. They would make a great addition to the Elite Skies of DF and will honor their courage and the legacy of the fighting women of WW2.
. .
It was the spring of 1943, at the height of World War II. Two pilots, members of the Soviet Air Force, were flying their planes -- Polikarpov Po-2 biplanes, built mainly of plywood and canvas -- over a Soviet railway junction. Their passage was on its way to being a routine patrol ... until the pilots found themselves confronted by a collection of German bombers. Forty-two of them.
The pilots did what anyone piloting a plane made of plywood would do when confronted with enemy craft and enemy fire: they ducked. They sent their planes into dives, returning fire directly into the center of the German formation. The tiny planes' flimsiness was in some ways an asset: their maximum speed was lower than the stall speed of the Nazi planes, meaning that the pilots could maneuver their craft with much more agility than their attackers. The outnumbered Soviets downed two Nazi planes before one of their own lost its wing to enemy fire. The pilot bailed out, landing, finally, in a field.
The people on the ground, who had witnessed the skirmish, rushed over to help the stranded pilot. They offered alcohol. But the offer was refused. As the pilot would later recall, "Nobody could understand why the brave lad who had taken on a Nazi squadron wouldn't drink vodka."
The brave lad had refused the vodka, it turned out, because the brave lad was not a lad at all. It was Tamara Pamyatnykh, one of the members of the 588th Night Bomber Regiment of the Soviet Air Forces. The 588th was the most highly decorated female unit in that force, flying 30,000 missions over the course of four years -- and dropping, in total, 23,000 tons of bombs on invading German armies. Its members, who ranged in age from 17 to 26, flew primarily at night, making do with planes that were -- per their plywood-and-canvas construction -- generally reserved for training and crop-dusting. They often operated in stealth mode, idling their engines as they neared their targets and then gliding their way to their bomb release points. As a result, their planes made little more than soft "whooshing" noises as they flew by.
Those noises reminded the Germans, apparently, of the sound of a witch's broomstick. So the Nazis began calling the female fighter pilots Nachthexen: "night witches." They were loathed. And they were feared. Any German pilot who downed a "witch" was automatically awarded an Iron Cross.
The Night Witches were largely unique among the female combatants -- and even the female flyers -- of World War II. Other countries, the U.S. among them, may have allowed women to fly as members of their early air forces; those women, however, served largely in support and transport roles. The Soviet Union was the first nation to allow women to fly combat missions -- to be able, essentially, to return fire when it was delivered. These ladies flew planes; they also dropped bombs.
one of the most famous of the Night Witches -- Nadezhda Popova, a commander of the squad who flew, in total, 852 of its missions -- passed away in 2013 . She was 91. And the obituaries that resulted, celebrations of a life and a legacy largely unknown to many of us here in the U.S., serve as a reminder of the great things the female flyers accomplished. Things made even more remarkable considering the limited technology the woman had at their disposal. The Witches (they took the German epithet as a badge of honor) flew only in the dark. Because of the weight of the bombs they carried and the low altitudes at which they flew, they carried no parachutes. They had no radar to navigate their paths through the night skies -- only maps and compasses. If hit by tracer bullets, their craft would ignite like the paper planes they resembled. Which was not a small concern: "Almost every time," Popova once recalled, "we had to sail through a wall of enemy fire."
Megan Garber
The AtlanticJuly 15, 2013
The regiment flew harassment bombing and precision bombing missions against the German military from 1942 until the end of the war. At its largest, it had 40 two-person crews. The regiment flew over 24,000 missions and dropped 23,000 tons of bombs. It was the most highly decorated all-women unit in the Soviet Air Force, each pilot having flown over 800 missions by the end of the war and twenty-three having been awarded the Hero of the Soviet Union title. Thirty of its members died in combat.

The fighter pilots of the all-women 586th IAP (Russian abbreviation for Fighter Aviation Regiment, same as Fighter Air Regiment) flew a total of 4,419 sorties (per pilot) and participated in more than 125 separate air battles, in which they massed a total of 38 confirmed kills. The USSR highly praised the combat deeds of female pilots: thousands won orders and medals. 29 won titles of Hero of the Soviet Union. 23 of these went to the Night Witches.

Katya Budanova 11 kills. Lilya Litvyak 12 kills

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sharp Shooter, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, R E Z, V.Huntress War, Grandpappy 9+1 {WP}, SCAMPERS REVENGE, Alex Galt, Cypher7{WP}, airwolff, OUTLAW_WAR and 1 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Acegirl.

Zuperman female fighter aces for DF Elite. 6 years 3 weeks ago #370331

• Cypher7{WP}
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 4939
I support the game having a women pilot avatar to choose for the Women that play. Pilots such as Ace, Thulsa, Lil, Raven, V huntress,, Huckleberry Pink Star Have been and still are some of the best Pilots the game has seen. Along with the history Ace has provided I feel this would be a great addition
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thulsa Doom, [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, V.Huntress War, Viper10{WP}, DireWolf{WP****}, airwolff, OUTLAW_WAR

Last edit: by Cypher7{WP}.

Zuperman female fighter aces for DF Elite. 6 years 3 weeks ago #370332

• V.Huntress War
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • (°-°)
  • Thank you received: 1369

I also support the game having a female avatar pilot !!!!! We female players want that . :angry:

★★★★

The following user(s) said Thank You: [NLR] The Blue Fighter, Acegirl, airwolff

Last edit: by V.Huntress War.

Zuperman female fighter aces for DF Elite. 6 years 3 weeks ago #370358

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13138
yeah, i knew the story, i was just playing with you. All the night witches story is awesome. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl

Zuperman female fighter aces for DF Elite. 6 years 3 weeks ago #370361

• baron rojo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3431

Acegirl wrote: Salute Joaquin Zuperman.
Last Friday u said in game that u were not able to create a female pilot for the game because there was no famous combat women pilots in ww2. I told u I will look it up, and I did find a few of these brave heroes that gave blood and sacrifice for their country fighting in the skies. This is an article of this brave aces that is you read it carefully will show u as it did 2 me that there were women combat pilots and they did it in their WW1 planes taking on the WW2 planes just like in your game. So yes, the people that critic the mix planes in the game; well there is truth to zuperman madness. in 1942 the Soviet Union formed three regiments of women combat pilots who flew night combat missions and were so successful and deadly the Germans feared them, calling them "Nachthexen" - night witches. Lydia Litvak, the "White Rose of Stalingrad" (she is sometimes referred to as the "White Lilly") and Yekaterina Vasylievna Budanova, also known as Katya Budanova, were fighter pilots in the Soviet Air Force during World War II. Lydia with 12 solo victories and Katya with 11 are two of the world's best female fighter aces. They would make a great addition to the Elite Skies of DF and will honor their courage and the legacy of the fighting women of WW2.

It was the spring of 1943, at the height of World War II. Two pilots, members of the Soviet Air Force, were flying their planes -- Polikarpov Po-2 biplanes, built mainly of plywood and canvas -- over a Soviet railway junction. Their passage was on its way to being a routine patrol ... until the pilots found themselves confronted by a collection of German bombers. Forty-two of them.
The pilots did what anyone piloting a plane made of plywood would do when confronted with enemy craft and enemy fire: they ducked. They sent their planes into dives, returning fire directly into the center of the German formation. The tiny planes' flimsiness was in some ways an asset: their maximum speed was lower than the stall speed of the Nazi planes, meaning that the pilots could maneuver their craft with much more agility than their attackers. The outnumbered Soviets downed two Nazi planes before one of their own lost its wing to enemy fire. The pilot bailed out, landing, finally, in a field.
The people on the ground, who had witnessed the skirmish, rushed over to help the stranded pilot. They offered alcohol. But the offer was refused. As the pilot would later recall, "Nobody could understand why the brave lad who had taken on a Nazi squadron wouldn't drink vodka."
The brave lad had refused the vodka, it turned out, because the brave lad was not a lad at all. It was Tamara Pamyatnykh, one of the members of the 588th Night Bomber Regiment of the Soviet Air Forces. The 588th was the most highly decorated female unit in that force, flying 30,000 missions over the course of four years -- and dropping, in total, 23,000 tons of bombs on invading German armies. Its members, who ranged in age from 17 to 26, flew primarily at night, making do with planes that were -- per their plywood-and-canvas construction -- generally reserved for training and crop-dusting. They often operated in stealth mode, idling their engines as they neared their targets and then gliding their way to their bomb release points. As a result, their planes made little more than soft "whooshing" noises as they flew by.
Those noises reminded the Germans, apparently, of the sound of a witch's broomstick. So the Nazis began calling the female fighter pilots Nachthexen: "night witches." They were loathed. And they were feared. Any German pilot who downed a "witch" was automatically awarded an Iron Cross.
The Night Witches were largely unique among the female combatants -- and even the female flyers -- of World War II. Other countries, the U.S. among them, may have allowed women to fly as members of their early air forces; those women, however, served largely in support and transport roles. The Soviet Union was the first nation to allow women to fly combat missions -- to be able, essentially, to return fire when it was delivered. These ladies flew planes; they also dropped bombs.
one of the most famous of the Night Witches -- Nadezhda Popova, a commander of the squad who flew, in total, 852 of its missions -- passed away in 2013 . She was 91. And the obituaries that resulted, celebrations of a life and a legacy largely unknown to many of us here in the U.S., serve as a reminder of the great things the female flyers accomplished. Things made even more remarkable considering the limited technology the woman had at their disposal. The Witches (they took the German epithet as a badge of honor) flew only in the dark. Because of the weight of the bombs they carried and the low altitudes at which they flew, they carried no parachutes. They had no radar to navigate their paths through the night skies -- only maps and compasses. If hit by tracer bullets, their craft would ignite like the paper planes they resembled. Which was not a small concern: "Almost every time," Popova once recalled, "we had to sail through a wall of enemy fire."
Megan Garber
The AtlanticJuly 15, 2013
The regiment flew harassment bombing and precision bombing missions against the German military from 1942 until the end of the war. At its largest, it had 40 two-person crews. The regiment flew over 24,000 missions and dropped 23,000 tons of bombs. It was the most highly decorated all-women unit in the Soviet Air Force, each pilot having flown over 800 missions by the end of the war and twenty-three having been awarded the Hero of the Soviet Union title. Thirty of its members died in combat.

The fighter pilots of the all-women 586th IAP (Russian abbreviation for Fighter Aviation Regiment, same as Fighter Air Regiment) flew a total of 4,419 sorties (per pilot) and participated in more than 125 separate air battles, in which they massed a total of 38 confirmed kills. The USSR highly praised the combat deeds of female pilots: thousands won orders and medals. 29 won titles of Hero of the Soviet Union. 23 of these went to the Night Witches.

Katya Budanova 11 kills. Lilya Litvyak 12 kills

Imuy bueno jes yo también lo sabia jeje brujas de la noche ,en esas misiones fueron muy efectivas y heran muy hábiles.

Zuperman female fighter aces for DF Elite. 6 years 3 weeks ago #370370

• Montymor.
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 197
Yo tambien estoy deacuerdo en que se ponga un avatar femenino, es de justicia.

Zuperman female fighter aces for DF Elite. 6 years 3 weeks ago #370371

• Sharp Shooter
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Life member DAV / AIRBORNE All The Way
  • Thank you received: 763

Very nice history lesson. SALUTE
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, V.Huntress War

Zuperman female fighter aces for DF Elite. 6 years 3 weeks ago #370372

• dognamitt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • you will miss 100% of the shots you dont take
  • Thank you received: 5755

Zuperman female fighter aces for DF Elite. 6 years 3 weeks ago #370374

• zuperman
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 13138
oh well, i wanted it to be a surprise. Yeah, with the pilot update I was working on a female version too. It took me lot of time and I was testing it a lot with all new kind of animations. Then you ladies began asking for it and i was like... oh crap... i don't want to spoil the surprise, what do i say now? :/

Since Apple keeps delaying the update and I want to release it to some platforms, here is a video I made testing the animations at the beginning of this month.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Acegirl, Alex Galt

Zuperman female fighter aces for DF Elite. 6 years 3 weeks ago #370375

• baron rojo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3431

zuperman wrote: oh well, i wanted it to be a surprise. Yeah, with the pilot update I was working on a female version too. It took me lot of time and I was testing it a lot with all new kind of animations. Then you ladies began asking for it and i was like... oh crap... i don't want to spoil the surprise, what do i say now? :/

Since Apple keeps delaying the update and I want to release it to some platforms, here is a video I made testing the animations at the beginning of this month.

Esta muy bien Joaquín ,si le puedes poner el pelo largo de lujo ,la gran mayor lo tenia largo pero se lo recogían para el.casco.
Muy buena idea ,aquí en este siempre hubo pilotos mujer,nosotros también teníamos 2 y muy buenas,alguno vuelven después de años esperemos que ellas también lo hagan.☺
The following user(s) said Thank You: R E Z

Zuperman female fighter aces for DF Elite. 6 years 3 weeks ago #370381

• R E Z
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 771

Hahaaaa..... funny!

Zuperman female fighter aces for DF Elite. 6 years 3 weeks ago #370388

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

zuperman wrote: oh well, i wanted it to be a surprise. Yeah, with the pilot update I was working on a female version too. It took me lot of time and I was testing it a lot with all new kind of animations. Then you ladies began asking for it and i was like... oh crap... i don't want to spoil the surprise, what do i say now? :/

Awesome Zuperman!! Thank you very much!!! Its perfect and sorry we ruin the surprise, but you know that we are curios and impatient. It’s a great tribute to woman pilots and its best that u did it because the witches might have come at night and pull your feet wile you sleep. LOL
MUCHAS GRACIAS!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: baron rojo, V.Huntress War, Ming65

Zuperman female fighter aces for DF Elite. 6 years 3 weeks ago #370389

• Acegirl
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mongo, V.Huntress War, SCAMPERS REVENGE, airwolff

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.102 seconds